Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 24-09-2018, 07:19 AM #26

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...but why would those views be a big thing about him which he hadn’t yet discussed with family and close friends...that wouldn’t kind of make sense Bots...
It could be anything , things like that can be interpreted in different ways and he spoke in riddles.

Maybe he's from a strict traditional background , but that doesn't necessarily mean he's stuck in the closet .
Old 24-09-2018, 07:40 AM #27
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
...but why would those views be a big thing about him which he hadn’t yet discussed with family and close friends...that wouldn’t kind of make sense Bots...
my first thought, wasn't that he is gay and wants to come out tbh.

I can think of much better ways of handling that situation than doing it on a TV program.

Simpy put, I took from it that he was finding his feet in the house, getting comfortable with his housemates, before putting some of his more "controversial" thoughts out there. He is a youtuber after all, that's what he does. That's what i thought he was referring to as he hasn't mentioned it yet in the house to my knowledge.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 07:44 AM #28

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
my first thought, wasn't that he is gay and wants to come out tbh.

I can think of much better ways of handling that situation than doing it on a TV program.

Simpy put, I took from it that he was finding his feet in the house, getting comfortable with his housemates, before putting some of his more "controversial" thoughts out there. He is a youtuber after all, that's what he does. That's what i thought he was referring to as he hasn't mentioned it yet in the house to my knowledge.
Those videos are like two years old iirc. On his active channel all he posts is football, I doubt he gives any pieces of **** about women’s equality or whatever

Last edited by Elliot; 24-09-2018 at 07:48 AM.
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 07:48 AM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFifaCam
His active channel
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 07:56 AM #30
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I've always thought it would be an easy win for someone to come out on Big Brother - after seeing how invested the public got in the journeys of Nadia/Luke A. I'm surprised it's never been done before.
Old 24-09-2018, 07:58 AM #31
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise

I must have missed it?
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 08:01 AM #32
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbro View Post
Uh yeah, that was me, and it was because he made a comment similar to what he said tonight. He was as 'confirmed' as he was when I posted it as to how confirmed he is now

And do what? Tell his parents his sexuality? He may only be eighteen but he's an adult, and adults don't need to tell their family anything... heck even if he was under 18 there wouldn't be anything wrong with him not telling his family

I'm not out to my family yet I'm out to everyone else. Why? Because at home it's not the 'environment' for it. Similar to Cameron, I first felt comfortable in my sexuality when I was around a few other gay people. My family are accepting and I have gay relatives but that doesn't change the fact I'm more comfortable about my sexuality in the presence of other LGBT+ folk

Also, even though he knows he's being televised, it's hard to contain your feelings 24/7. He's in an accepting environment every hour of everyday which he is seems very new to, it's no surprise he's coming to terms with personal things now (especially since 18 is still very young)

Like, we can theorise "this is his gameplan!" and assume that he is faking barely keeping himself together and his anxiety and his discomfort when LGBT is the topic at hand (but is conveniently not crying even though we know that'd win the public over) or, more plausibly, accept that Cameron's in a new, more accepting environment which is clearly benefiting him
..Lilbro......what you say is so interesting in terms of feeling comfortable around the LGBT community but not coming out to your family yet...even though you feel they are a very accepting..I wonder if that’s why Cameron seemed to be drawn to Tomasz and his friendship from the beginning..?...and also he often likes to be part of Cian and Zoe’s conversations and chats...but they’re obviously really close as a ‘twosome’ so he probably finds it hard to break into that dynamic as well...he’s more hovering and listening, you know..?...

...although he laughed at the pool conversation with Isaac and Lewis G...that ‘ladz’ conversation..that did have an ‘awkward’ vibe from him as well for me..as though he wasn’t really feeling it but trying to run with the ‘ladz’ humour and bantz...

..yeah the whole DR thing was quite heartbreaking to watch.. ...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 09:41 AM #33
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Uh yeah, that was me, and it was because he made a comment similar to what he said tonight. He was as 'confirmed' as he was when I posted it as to how confirmed he is now

And do what? Tell his parents his sexuality? He may only be eighteen but he's an adult, and adults don't need to tell their family anything... heck even if he was under 18 there wouldn't be anything wrong with him not telling his family

I'm not out to my family yet I'm out to everyone else. Why? Because at home it's not the 'environment' for it. Similar to Cameron, I first felt comfortable in my sexuality when I was around a few other gay people. My family are accepting and I have gay relatives but that doesn't change the fact I'm more comfortable about my sexuality in the presence of other LGBT+ folk

Also, even though he knows he's being televised, it's hard to contain your feelings 24/7. He's in an accepting environment every hour of everyday which he is seems very new to, it's no surprise he's coming to terms with personal things now (especially since 18 is still very young)

Like, we can theorise "this is his gameplan!" and assume that he is faking barely keeping himself together and his anxiety and his discomfort when LGBT is the topic at hand (but is conveniently not crying even though we know that'd win the public over) or, more plausibly, accept that Cameron's in a new, more accepting environment which is clearly benefiting him

Excellent post full of valid points too.
Very thought provoking.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 10:08 AM #34

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I agree with everything you've said here. It might be that he's still uncertain about his own identity, or has been in denial about it, for fear about how it would be received by his friends, family, etc, in real life.

Although televised, I would imagine that being inside the BB house feels somewhat as if he is cocooned in a safe place in which to explore his sexual orientation, and that other housemates with similar experiences make him feel that it's more acceptable to be 'different' than people do in his real life.

I think he is being genuine.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 10:16 AM #35
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):

His DR session was quite heartwarming, and I was left under the same impression as well (+other bits of all the sex talk in the house).
He's 18, which is very young and it's OK - and if he is, he can take his time as much as he wants.
I'm happy he is surrounded by such an enabling companion in the house, especially glad Cian is there for that matter. If it helps "soften" the edges with coming to terms with his identity and his feelings (be it gay/straight/confident) - it's welcome.

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
y.winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 10:18 AM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.winter View Post
His DR session was quite heartwarming, and I was left under the same impression as well (+other bits of all the sex talk in the house).
He's 18, which is very young and it's OK - and if he is, he can take his time as much as he wants.
I'm happy he is surrounded by such an enabling companion in the house, especially glad Cian is there for that matter. If it helps "soften" the edges with coming to terms with his identity and his feelings (be it gay/straight/confident) - it's welcome.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 10:19 AM #37
You know my methods

You know my methods

yes he is thinking about coming out as a gay man

its not a "move" for the show or anything
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 10:21 AM #38
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
I've always thought it would be an easy win for someone to come out on Big Brother - after seeing how invested the public got in the journeys of Nadia/Luke A. I'm surprised it's never been done before.
That's exactly what he's doing. The whole thing feels SO contrived and un-natural. He is a BB superfan, he knows exactly how this works.

He is deliberately drip-feeding his coming out story, bit-by-bit, making it a slow-burn.

So obvious.

Luke A was the real deal: he put it out there to his HMs right from the start and made no more of it. No milking, no manipulation: that's why he won and Cameron won't.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 10:30 AM #39
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):

Wow. Some people are really clueless as to how it feels to come out, thinking it's all one grand cynical scheme.

Spoiler:

Old 24-09-2018, 10:40 AM #40
You know my methods

You know my methods

does the ginger guy not know he is a gay though?
Old 24-09-2018, 11:25 AM #41
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.winter View Post
Wow. Some people are really clueless as to how it feels to come out, thinking it's all one grand cynical scheme.
There's more than one way to come out

Mostly it's done with subtlety, authenticity and heart (eg - to close friends/family etc)

Sometimes it gets used for another pre-planned purpose (such as trying to win a TV game show)
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 11:26 AM #42
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Not seen this yet, but on launch it looked like he had a great relationship with his Dad....

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 11:44 AM #43

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Not seen this yet, but on launch it looked like he had a great relationship with his Dad....
Which sometimes makes it harder, because he probably feels like he is disappointing his dad or worried that it might change their whole dynamic

And even if he has been told he is loved and supported, he may still have that doubt which can be quite powerful
Firewire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 11:49 AM #44
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

I'm not sure if I 100% buy it just because of how frank he was about it but it's really not my place to say

Last edited by armand.kay; 24-09-2018 at 11:50 AM.
armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 11:56 AM #45
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewire View Post
Which sometimes makes it harder, because he probably feels like he is disappointing his dad or worried that it might change their whole dynamic

And even if he has been told he is loved and supported, he may still have that doubt which can be quite powerful
would his mum at least not have sussed by 18?
Old 24-09-2018, 11:59 AM #46
🌈 silly cow 🌈

🌈 silly cow 🌈

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
I'm not sure if I 100% buy it just because of how frank he was about it but it's really not my place to say
Agreed tbh.
Jase. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 12:05 PM #47
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
There's more than one way to come out

Mostly it's done with subtlety, authenticity and heart (eg - to close friends/family etc)

Sometimes it gets used for another pre-planned purpose (such as trying to win a TV game show)
Maybe when you're already out to your family and then it's a tool to play a game.
Not when you're not out... It's hardly something to play with. I'm not sure if you've experienced it yourself.

Spoiler:

Old 24-09-2018, 02:55 PM #48
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
That's exactly what he's doing. The whole thing feels SO contrived and un-natural. He is a BB superfan, he knows exactly how this works.

He is deliberately drip-feeding his coming out story, bit-by-bit, making it a slow-burn.

So obvious.

Luke A was the real deal: he put it out there to his HMs right from the start and made no more of it. No milking, no manipulation: that's why he won and Cameron won't.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Please stop.
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 03:31 PM #49
A great thief

A great thief

Put me to bloody sleep
Old 24-09-2018, 04:11 PM #50

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Quote:
..Lilbro......what you say is so interesting in terms of feeling comfortable around the LGBT community but not coming out to your family yet...even though you feel they are a very accepting..I wonder if that’s why Cameron seemed to be drawn to Tomasz and his friendship from the beginning..?...and also he often likes to be part of Cian and Zoe’s conversations and chats...but they’re obviously really close as a ‘twosome’ so he probably finds it hard to break into that dynamic as well...he’s more hovering and listening, you know..?...

...although he laughed at the pool conversation with Isaac and Lewis G...that ‘ladz’ conversation..that did have an ‘awkward’ vibe from him as well for me..as though he wasn’t really feeling it but trying to run with the ‘ladz’ humour and bantz...

..yeah the whole DR thing was quite heartbreaking to watch.. ...
Ammi thank you

Absolutely, I feel like he's definitely an outsider trying to find a place where he fits in
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cameron, diary, room, scene