Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 17-10-2018, 12:24 AM #1

Default One last sorry attempt to manipulate a show that deserves to die

Well they're back at it again I see. The producers I mean. Not Channel 5, who were right to axe the show.

For years Channel 5 have been getting the blame for this show's sorry demise and certainly their decision (if indeed it was their decision?) on having no 24/7 live coverage was a problem from the start. But the fact is it is the production team over the years that have done more damage to this show than anyone.

And just when you think the production team have come up with some good ideas like Big Coin and stayed out of the meddling business (the viewer vote for noms is a bit silly though imo), they've decided to rig the show to keep the control freak in for as long as possible. And they've even tried to wash their hands clean of it all by giving the viewers the chance to vote on the decision. You can't complain you see! The viewers decided! We had nothing to with it! (Except for launching the stupid poll in the middle of an eviction where Lewis was likely to go in a VTE of course).

They have alienated the viewers over the years with their meddling and manipulation and this is just the latest - thought perhaps the most blatant - attempt to manipulate the show again. They never did respect the show, its viewers, or the housemates much. Bury it again. And let it rest in peace this time.
Yaki da is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 12:27 AM #2

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaki da View Post
Well they're back at it again I see. The producers I mean. Not Channel 5, who were right to axe the show.

For years Channel 5 have been getting the blame for this show's sorry demise and certainly their decision (if indeed it was their decision?) on having no 24/7 live coverage was a problem from the start. But the fact is it is the production team over the years that have done more damage to this show than anyone.

And just when you think the production team have come up with some good ideas like Big Coin and stayed out of the meddling business (the viewer vote for noms is a bit silly though imo), they've decided to rig the show to keep the control freak in for as long as possible. And they've even tried to wash their hands clean of it all by giving the viewers the chance to vote on the decision. You can't complain you see! The viewers decided! We had nothing to with it! (Except for launching the stupid poll in the middle of an eviction where Lewis was likely to go in a VTE of course).

They have alienated the viewers over the years with their meddling and manipulation and this is just the latest - thought perhaps the most blatant - attempt to manipulate the show again. They never did respect the show, its viewers, or the housemates much. Bury it again. And let it rest in peace this time.
Completely agree
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 12:27 AM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
BB18: Chanelle

Favourites (more):

Oh ffs the show has always been heavily manipulated its a reality show I'm surprised people are so shocked and outraged.

The public are idiots as proven by the terrible eviction order year on year so why do you have faith they will pick vts?

Stop whining and get on the app if you disagree with it.

Last edited by pontyboi; 17-10-2018 at 12:28 AM.
pontyboi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 12:32 AM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Nikita Kuzmin
BB2023: Jordan

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Nikita Kuzmin
BB2023: Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontyboi View Post
Oh ffs the show has always been heavily manipulated its a reality show I'm surprised people are so shocked and outraged.

The public are idiots as proven by the terrible eviction order year on year so why do you have faith they will pick vts?

rph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 12:39 AM #5

Quote:
No one is shocked. They are however outraged because there's this thing we have always had in Britain which is a sense of fairness. If they want to keep Lewis in until the end, then just give him a free pass to the final. Don't do bull**** things like this to make it look like that's not what you're aiming for. And I'm not even outraged to be honest. I'm just pointing out that this is pretty much the reason the show deserves to be axed.

Quote:
I don't even have faith in the production team being honest about the vote.

Quote:
There is no reason this vote should be going on at all.
Old 17-10-2018, 12:44 AM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No one is shocked. They are however outraged because there's this thing we have always had in Britain which is a sense of fairness. If they want to keep Lewis in until the end, then just give him a free pass to the final. Don't do bull**** things like this to make it look like that's not what you're aiming for. And I'm not even outraged to be honest. I'm just pointing out that this is pretty much the reason the show deserves to be axed.

I don't even have faith in the production team being honest about the vote.

There is no reason this vote should be going on at all.
Britain have always had a sense of fairness when it comes to reality shows? lol what Britain have you been living in?

Were you living under a rock when BB basically broke the law by sending in ex housemates who the public had spent money on evicting during BB7?

Sometimes for the best interest of the show and a better viewing experience production thankfully step in because the way its going we are going to be stuck with bores like Sian and Akeem sailing through to the final.

Like I said get on the app and vote if you want to keep it vte its free.

Last edited by pontyboi; 17-10-2018 at 12:45 AM.
Old 17-10-2018, 12:51 AM #7

Quote:
Britain have always had a sense of fairness when it comes to reality shows?
In general, idiot. And that can just as readily apply to reality shows that are being manipulated as anything else. People don't like to see it, and they start turning off when they do.

Quote:
Where you living under a rock when BB broke the law by sending in ex housemates who the public had spent money on evicting?
Yep, and people didn't like it and they paid the price. BB7 went from being one of the most watched series of Big Brother and was followed by BB8 which saw a collapse in the viewing figures. That was the beginning of the end for BB on Channel 4.

Quote:
Sometimes for the best interest of the show and a better viewing experience production thankfully step in because the way its going we are going to be stuck with bores like Sian and Akeem sailing through to the final.
You have no integrity whatsoever and you don't want the show to have any either. It is not in the best interest of any show to rig it.

Quote:
Like I said get on the app and vote if you want to keep it vte its free.
I already have. But there shouldn't be any such thing going on in the first place. And why should I even trust these people to be honest with the result?
Old 17-10-2018, 01:45 AM #8

Outraged? Oh get a life!
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 03:00 AM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
In general, idiot. And that can just as readily apply to reality shows that are being manipulated as anything else. People don't like to see it, and they start turning off when they do.

Yep, and people didn't like it and they paid the price. BB7 went from being one of the most watched series of Big Brother and was followed by BB8 which saw a collapse in the viewing figures. That was the beginning of the end for BB on Channel 4.

You have no integrity whatsoever and you don't want the show to have any either. It is not in the best interest of any show to rig it.

I already have. But there shouldn't be any such thing going on in the first place. And why should I even trust these people to be honest with the result?
I'm an idiot? HAHAHA! No dude i'm very much in the know that reality tv is fixed and therefor do not post ridiculous threads about how outraged I am at production then deny I am outraged. Stop contradicting yourself you baggy anus.

BB8 didn't suffer in the ratings due to BB7 fixing the ex housemates situation because the final had huge ratings even after the producers broke a fundamental rule of the show

CBB5 is what killed BB8 and every BB after it. I know you're a martian but I thought everyone knew that.

You say I have no integrity? Yeah not when it comes to reality tv and anyone who says they do when watching people argue, bitch and generally act like idiots for money and fame for their personal entertainment and then claims to have integrity is the idiot.

Anyway if you were totally against this manipulation you wouldn't have supported it by voting in the public pole

You really should just switch off it seems its having a negative effect on your life and you're choosing to inflict that on yourself.

Byeee.

Last edited by pontyboi; 17-10-2018 at 03:01 AM.
Old 17-10-2018, 04:35 AM #10
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

totally agree with the op. They're useless lets get this hoe buried once and for all and get survivor uk back on our screens

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attempt, deserves, die, manipulate, show