Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother: BB1 - BB19 Individual forums for Big Brother UK series 1- 19 (2000-2018). Also Celebrity Hijack (2008) and Ultimate Big Brother (2010).

Old 22-03-2019, 05:23 PM #3051
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):

Gerry was ****ing annoying throughout it
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 05:25 PM #3052
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

To think that they booked Kim Woodburn for Lisa’s eviction when they could have booked her for 4 days earlier and had her on for Marcus’s eviction

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 05:42 PM #3053
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
To think that they booked Kim Woodburn for Lisa’s eviction when they could have booked her for 4 days earlier and had her on for Marcus’s eviction
Well that was a disappointment - she didn’t get a chance to say hardly anything and she wants Charlie to win

Spoiler:

Old 22-03-2019, 05:43 PM #3054
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babayaro. View Post
Gerry was ****ing annoying throughout it
BB8 in a nutshell

Spoiler:

Old 22-03-2019, 05:49 PM #3055
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Week 12 - Marcus evicted
1. Marcus (-)
2. David (+2)
3. Rodrigo (-1)

4. Siavash (+2)
5. Sophie (-)
6. Lisa (+1)

7. Charlie (+1)
Days 86-90 - Lisa evicted
1. Rodrigo (+2)
2. David (-)

3. Siavash (+1)
4. Sophie (+1)
5. Lisa (+1)

6. Charlie (+1)

Spoiler:

Old 22-03-2019, 08:25 PM #3056
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

“What have you been up to since you left the house, you nutter?”
“I’m preparing myself for Eurovision and I’ve done good songs and I’m gonna fight and I’m gonna fight more and I’m gonna be WORLD CHAMPION!”

“Sree, how does it feel to be back?”
“Hello... hello.”

“Are you on twitter?”
“@IrrepressibleDH on Twitter! Calendar from Digital Spy, you’re an idiot!”

Spoiler:

Old 22-03-2019, 09:15 PM #3057
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

(David is shown a clip from the radio, of Robbie Williams saying he voted for him to win)

Davina: “That was Robbie Williams!”
David: “AH KNOOOOOOOOOOW!
Davina: “He voted for you!”
David: “Has he come out?”
Davina: “No...”
David: “Oh well! We can turn him, can’t we! Not a problem, Davina, not a problem!”

Spoiler:

Old 22-03-2019, 10:54 PM #3058
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Big Brother 2009 is done! It was really good and I’d put it just below BB5, making it my third favourite series

Cast Ranking

(In here is a ranking table, below are individual write ups for housemates)

Spoiler:

(1) Sree: “My name is Sree Dasari, I am the international participant...” (walks into a house with people from Iran, Brazil, Russia, America and Pakistan) Personally, me, I’d like rant that I’m really disappointed that I am the only person on this forum to have Sree as a profile favourite! (For enquiring minds, nobody has Cairon or Isaac as one either. But as this is a write up about legend Sree, this feels like an appropriate time to complain about how nobody has fellow legend Laura as their BB8 favourite! GOD this forum disgusts me sometimes.) He was definitely one of the stars of this series for sure, and I got the impression that he would be on Day 4, when upon discovering he was a housemate, screamed Jai Ho! and ran around the garden in excitement. He did something similar upon discovering he was no longer a housemate, this time splashing water on himself, dicking around in the garden, shouting “Elvis Has Left The Building!” and walking out with sunglasses at half past ten at night. Anyway, back to the time in the house. I feel like if you used the word “experience” to describe Sree’s time in the BB house, that would be very accurate as there was barely a dull moment, and most things that happened in the first thirty days involved Sree making a fanny out of himself, such as the skipping race, slating Siavash by referring to him as Saiwash or Seawash, and having a scrap with Marcus. And that’s just a few of them, I’d be here all day if I were to name every single enjoyable Sree moment as he had me howling the whole way through. An amazing housemate who should have lasted a lot longer than he did.

(2) Marcus: One of the best types of housemates - An housemate with “more life experience” and a grumpy old git exterior, who turns out to be one of the biggest characters that the show has ever had. There’s been a few of these but Marcus does it in one of the best ways. Marcus has this massive ego and plays up to this character of being THE Irrepressible Dark Horse and he can be pretty damn grotty sometimes, however, his flaws actually made him more likeable as a housemate? It took a while to first get to appreciate Marcus, which is why Sree just edges it for #1, however once I got the appeal, and this was when he called out Big Brother after the fight with Sree, (Oh my tea’s gone cold you wankers!) I was THERE for the Marcus Akin experience and from there on out, and I could see Marcus for what he was, and that is one of the best housemates of all time. King of being able to pull a truck with his bellend, when will your favourites?

And to wrap this up, I found Marcus Akin’s twitter account and here are some of the highlights

(3) Rodrigo: A Big Brother legend His favourite word might be “disrespectful” and he does like a good moan but ironically he was one of the most enjoyable housemates of the series. And he wasn’t afraid to speak up for himself, which made him an even better housemate - one of his best moments being storming into the diary room and slamming the doors and shouting “WHY YOU CALL RODRIGO RODRIGO RODRIGO

(4) Karly: Very similar to Rodrigo in the fact that I liked Karly for her rants that she would go on every now and then. The best one was when she went into the Diary Room and had a huge go at Marcus out of nowhere and how he washes himself with a Brillo Pad, which gives her the boke. Also honourable mention to this - her fight with Freddie over eye contact is one of my favourite fights of BB so I have to include it here

“Aw, ye’ve gie’n me the wan that ah didnae ken!”
“Ken whit am sayin, like!”
“Ah didnae even ken ye were there.”
“We’re jist in the gairden.”
“There’s naehin tae dae!”
“I dinnae ken.”
“Dinnae listen tae a word that that says - because he talks CONSTANT PISH.”
“Ah wonder if they dae put subtitles up for me sometimes”
“Let me oot. Am awa tae greet.”
“Stop hinkin aboot it. It’s gonnae be shet ih morn.”
“His breath is absolutely HOACHIN. It gies me ih boke.”

(5) Bea: A mess who Davina hated <3 She started off really sweet and lighthearted, such as being given a dating task where she described her ideal man, was given a date, forgot to ask his name and thanked Big Brother for not giving her a “smelly one” () but then after that her time in the house just got really... dark? Everything was really tense, it was all about Bea - BeaBeaTen, if you will - it was hard to know what was going on half the time since she would make little things huge but that’s what made her such a brilliant housemate. Even if I sometimes didn’t agree with her

(6) David: He’s camp, he’s over the top, he’s the biggest fan of Vivienne Westwood going and he was one of the most likeable housemates of the series. A howl from start to finish, and even just thinking about him and his accent makes me laugh. Also his heart of gold goes in his favour too, because how can you not instantly root for David when he goes to bingo twice a week with his 80 year old friend Doris?

(7) Angel: You’ve got to wonder whether she actually come from Planet Earth or if she really is, as she put it, “a robot, not human being with parents, an alien.” I wonder this because she was just so bizarre but most of the time this was in the best way possible, as highlighted by most of my Angel posts in this thread, for example wanting to drink the “water from spaghetti”. A fantastic, and classic housemate.

(8) Noirin: I don’t get the hate at all tbh. Noirin’s painted out to be this evil bunny boiler but most of the criticism she gets as a housemate is uncalled for tbh. However it’s a strange case because yes I enjoyed her presence as a housemate but by herself she was a little dull but every now and then she would show us why she was a good housemate, for example the fight with Sree “Don’t get smart Sree It doesn’t suit you.” and calling Angel “Anal”

(9) Sophia: One of my initial favourites because she was really excitable and sweet and my opinion has not changed at all. Such a shame the public turned on her really quick (Saffia Cortwat’s fault) because imo, she was a great housemate throughout the 9 days she was in there. One of many occasions where Freddie should have gone home. “SHITE!

Queen of eviction reveals <3

(10) Hira: Some might say she’s too high, but she’s sweet and innocent to have her in anything below green I’m afraid. Remember when BB announced that Lisa and Rodrigo were the only housemates not to face eviction, and she was straight in there with “Aw I’m glad it’s not you guys!

(11) Isaac: This unemployed “delivery boy” came in through the Diary Room door on Wednesday at 20:52, and left through it on a Friday evening, at 23:23, so I wasn’t expecting that much tbh but he turned out to be a little bit of a howl in his last 10 or so hours. And that’s how Mr 50 Hours and 31 Minutes (Two Second Steven hew?) ends up higher than I expected.

(12) Siavash: So this is going to be unpopular but I actually don’t mind him? I’m not necessarily a huge fan of him but I don’t dislike him as much as I thought I was going to, and sometimes I actually quite liked his moronic persona he put on oops and in the final 2, I may or may not have wanted Siavash to win

(13) Sophie: I don’t dislike Sophie at all but she’s definitely overrated. She was really nice but aside from feeling sorry for her after finding out she was treated like crap by Kris outside the house, but apart from that, I can’t remember anything about her, sorry

(14) Beinazir: She didn’t really do anything in the short time space provided so I can see why she wasn’t chosen to be a housemate. However, I can appreciate her eviction, in which she was chucked out to no crowd, wearing a helmet, a blanket, no shoes, some glasses and a mustache drawn on her face, put onto a bus, had a chat (I say a chat, she barely said a word lbr) with Davina McCall and then sent home! Poor Beinazir.

(15) Cairon: A real disappointment, actually, as I was expecting a fun character out of Cairon and we ended up with a boring, moody little twat. “My mama always told me, always look neat when you go out on the street because you never know who you might meet.” was his best moment and that was in his VT. Although I guess the same could be said for Bonnie Holt but me caring because Bonnie is a BB icon. Anyway. His interview was a scream because you know, Vanessa Feltz.

(16) Lisa: She didn’t turn out to be as awful as I had heard she was but she wasn’t that great at all.

(17) Tom: was a contestant on Big Brother 2009. Literally hew.

(18) Freddie: I recognise that he had a tough time of it in there so I try to take that into account but I just found him to be a right wanker regardless and I don’t mean John McCririck-type of wanker where he’s an enjoyable one, I just mean a Freddie “Halfwit” Fisher type of wanker - in which someone refers to others as “dude”, takes on average ten seconds to pronounce the word “yeah” and often sounds like someone who is pretending that he’s high, which generally made it very hard to “Enjoy the show! ” when he was around.

(19) Saffia: When the question of worst BB10 housemates is asked, Saffia is not usually a name that is mentioned but she’s up there. Spent most of her time talking about Kris, and how ABSOLUTELYYYYY BEAUTIFUL and GOWJUSSS he apparently is and her VT was actually painful to watch. An annoying twat who was horrible to Sophia, which resulted viewers turning on Sophia, when they really should have turned on Saffia. I wonder why.

(20) Kris: I’m personally/sree not a fan of Freddie myself, but I can’t help but feel as if he was unfairly picked on by Kris. Getting to the point where you are irritated by him saying “Hello” more than once in a 24 hour period is borderline obsessive and I was thrilled to see him evicted by 63% in a 5 way vote to some of the biggest boos in Big Brother history <333333

(21) Kenneth: I was actually disappointed with Kenneth’s time in the house. I know it’s very pretendstobeshocked.gif to say I wasn’t impressed with Kenneth Tong, but I thought it would be more explosive and exciting than it was. You know when people tell complete and utter LIES, and say things like “Sue Evans’s time in the house was not a hurricane, more like a light drizzle! What a disappointment she was, am I right!” I feel like stuff like that is more suited towards Kenneth tbh. I was expecting him to come across like a movie villain from what I’d heard but I was hugely let down and for that, he can go right down to the bottom. A fruit of the earth, numpty.

(22) Charlie: People are like “Aw he’s harmless really ” but are we forgetting that he literally spat on Bea and then claimed it was a “joke”? So why doesn’t Charlie get the Dennis treatment? Not only that but every time he thought he was having a joke with people, he always crossed the line and his treatment of poor Rodrigo was really unsettling, which is why he is one of many, including Richard, Ziggy and Rex to fall into the category of being a “4th Place Wanker”

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 28-03-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 22-03-2019, 11:03 PM #3059
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Nice review, BB10 is criminally underrated

Can't believe it'll be a decade old this June
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2019, 08:35 PM #3060
Marc

Favourites (more):

Marc

Favourites (more):

The halfway housemates all entering together was a damn mess

And all of them seem really crap too :/
Old 24-03-2019, 08:41 PM #3061
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The halfway housemates all entering together was a damn mess

And all of them seem really crap too :/
The 20 second VTs

The best halfway housemate is Jonty by a mile though

Spoiler:

Old 24-03-2019, 08:52 PM #3062
Marc

Favourites (more):

Marc

Favourites (more):

Yeah Jonty is the only interesting one tbf. But they're probably the worst newbies ever
Old 25-03-2019, 03:36 PM #3063

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Tommy
BB19: Akeem

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Tommy
BB19: Akeem

Quote:
The 20 second VTs

The best halfway housemate is Jonty by a mile though
Umm Shanessa outsold
CiaraNelly2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 03:57 PM #3064
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by star12umar30 View Post
Umm Shanessa outsold
Quite overrated

Spoiler:

Old 30-03-2019, 09:25 AM #3065
Marc

Favourites (more):

Marc

Favourites (more):

LMFAO @ Jonty's laugh
Old 31-03-2019, 10:02 PM #3066
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

I’ve decided to watch BB11 because I’ve seen BB5-10, might as well start watching the last ever C4 one! Or at least some of it for now. Some highlights from the launch...

- The way Ben unironically galloped down the stairs And on the house, he said to Josie and Steve “It’s bloody weird. It looks like a prison designed by Boy George.”

- Dave seems like a MESS so far but from what I’ve gathered he’s not very popular on the forum so either this doesn’t last long, or this wears thin really quick

Govan: “I’m smiley, I’m shiny, I’m happy. And I’ve got a nice smile.
BB: “Anything else?”
Govan: “Umm... I’ve got a big dick.
(VT ends)
Govan: “My grandma’s at home...
Davina: “Your grandma’s at home and you’ve just said YOU’VE GOT A BIG WILLY!

Ben’s face upon meeting Ife

“I’m a vegan, which means I don’t eat ANYTHING that comes from animals, including kittens...”

Sunshine enters the house and instead of meeting anyone, heads straight to the sofa and waits for everyone to come to her

A mess at the viewers not being able to hear a word of Corin’s VT because of the audience booing and her and Davina talking all the way through it

Big Brother 11 Launch Night Ranking
1. Ben
2. Sunshine
3. Govan
4. Shabby
5. Dave
6. Corin
7. Rachael
8. Steve

9. Ife
10. Josie
11. Mario
12. Caoimhe
13. Nathan
14. John James

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 31-03-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Old 31-03-2019, 11:15 PM #3067
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Day 1

A good first day, I more or less like everyone so far Ben’s dry sense of humour was a highlight of that episode

Mario: “I’ve only just seen what this costume looks like. You know when they get to who Big Brother’s going to pick? They picked me! They turned around and blindfolded me, put this on me, and said now go in.
Ife: “Yeah, but you’ve got I AM A MOLE written on you!”
Dave: “That’s because he is a mole, that’s why! The boy is a mole! And a good looking mole, he is, too!

John James: “I can’t win.”
Ben: “Why?”
John James: “Because how would the whole of the UK feel if their last Big Brother was won by a foreigner?”
Ben: “No, no, that’s something you don’t have to worry about because we don’t consider Australians as foreigners. If you were French or German there might be a problem.”

Sunshine: “I’m not the typical medical student - I’ve got a chihuahua called Tinkerbell, on the back of my car, it says Powered By Fairy Dust.
Ben: “That’s an amazing bit of information.”

Spoiler:

Old 01-04-2019, 10:31 AM #3068
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Day 3

Sunshine: “Look me in the eye. Did you put the potatoes in the pool?”
Mario: “No.”
Sunshine: “Do it again. Say I did not put the potatoes in the pool...”
Mario: “I did not put the potatoes in the p...”
Sunshine: “HE’S LYING.”
Mario: “I’m not lying!”
Sunshine: “He is!”
Dave: “That’s unlucky.”
Sunshine: “When people lie, their eyes move!”
Dave: “Do it again.”
Mario: “Your eyes move in your skull anyway...”
Dave: “Mole - did you put the potatoes in the pool?”
Mario: “No.”
Dave: “Mole...”
Sunshine: “SEE THEY MOVE!
Dave: “Look, look, look, he’s looking away.”
Sunshine: “No, as in, look me in the eye and tell me a lie.”
Dave: “Umm...”
Mario: “Your eyes just moved!”
Dave: “I’m a lady...
Sunshine: “Your eyes moved...”

She is not having any of Mario’s mission at all

Sunshine: “My grandad died, this is so sad...”
Mario: “Just out of curiosity, does everyone around you just die or something?”

Jesus Mario don’t hold back

Spoiler:

Old 01-04-2019, 11:58 AM #3069
Marc

Favourites (more):

Marc

Favourites (more):

The first couple weeks of BB11 were great, but it gradually got very dull
Old 01-04-2019, 02:41 PM #3070
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

“They brought me in here because I get, very, very drunk for months at a time, like really SERIOUSLY intoxicated on the Holy Ghost. I am crazy, seriously crazy.”

Sunshine choosing Ben as the mole because she knew it wasn’t him, yet she got upset at everyone choosing her as they knew fine well it was Mario

Spoiler:

Old 01-04-2019, 03:11 PM #3071
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I’ve decided to watch BB11 because I’ve seen BB5-10, might as well start watching the last ever C4 one! Or at least some of it for now. Some highlights from the launch...

- The way Ben unironically galloped down the stairs And on the house, he said to Josie and Steve “It’s bloody weird. It looks like a prison designed by Boy George.”

- Dave seems like a MESS so far but from what I’ve gathered he’s not very popular on the forum so either this doesn’t last long, or this wears thin really quick

Govan: “I’m smiley, I’m shiny, I’m happy. And I’ve got a nice smile.
BB: “Anything else?”
Govan: “Umm... I’ve got a big dick.
(VT ends)
Govan: “My grandma’s at home...
Davina: “Your grandma’s at home and you’ve just said YOU’VE GOT A BIG WILLY!

Ben’s face upon meeting Ife

“I’m a vegan, which means I don’t eat ANYTHING that comes from animals, including kittens...”

Sunshine enters the house and instead of meeting anyone, heads straight to the sofa and waits for everyone to come to her

A mess at the viewers not being able to hear a word of Corin’s VT because of the audience booing and her and Davina talking all the way through it

Big Brother 11 Launch Night Ranking
1. Ben
2. Sunshine
3. Govan
4. Shabby
5. Dave
6. Corin
7. Rachael
8. Steve

9. Ife
10. Josie
11. Mario
12. Caoimhe
13. Nathan
14. John James
That was a classic.

Also in his VT ''I've always thought what you lack in friends, you can make up for in mannequins.'' His one liners are out of this world
Old 01-04-2019, 03:12 PM #3072
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The first couple weeks of BB11 were great, but it gradually got very dull
This is the tea. For me, it's awful after Ben's eviction. Sam Pepper kept me interested for a while.

Ben v Sam was a missed opportunity
Old 01-04-2019, 05:02 PM #3073
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

“Going to university has nothing to do with intelligence...”

Only on Big Brother would you see the argument of whether you’d rather have people think you have piles or a verruca

Sunshine: “I came into a room full of people, sat down, and one of the first things you said was, oh let’s use Sunshine’s verruca cream because she’s got verrucas on her foot!”
Ben: “ I know”
Sunshine: “But you’re still finding it funny, Ben
Ben: “No, I’m not finding it funny...”
Sunshine: “Like I’m almost CRYING and you’re LAUGHING.”
Ben: “Oh, I’m not laughing at you, I’m really sorry, I’ve got... a black sense of humour, people always... My friends...”
Sunshine: “You realise we’re on TV?
Ben: “Yes, of course I realise!”
Sunshine: “Would you like me to announce to the nation...”
Ben: “That I have PILES or something?”
Sunshine: “No, because it’s an infectious condition, would you want people to know that?”
Ben: “No, of course not, the point is you don’t have a verruca, that’s why I said it as a joke! It would be as if I went on holiday recently with a group of friends - admittedly it wasn’t on television - and they made a joke the WHOLE holiday, let’s use some of Benji’s pile cream. Now, piles is MUCH worse! Piles implies you’ve got something wrong with your bum! I didn’t have piles!”
Sunshine: “Yeah, but that was not infectious...”

Spoiler:

Old 01-04-2019, 06:06 PM #3074
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

A mess at Dave replacing himself with Rachael, she starts crying and Shabby’s words of reassurance are “Babe, you’re up against me, and SUNSHINE. ” while she’s sat right near her

And later in the DR, Rachael says “I’ll just miss everyone loads, well I probably won’t miss Dave, but I will miss everyone else”

Spoiler:

Old 01-04-2019, 10:08 PM #3075
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

“I tried to tell him that I actually like him, do you know what I mean, and I think he’s hot and everything, but he just said that he thinks I’m arrogant. He’s having a bit of a Brad Pitt moment in Friends. The I Hate Rachael White Club, instead of the I Hate Rachel Green Club!

Spoiler:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bbuk, part, rewatch or first, thread, watch