Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Soaps Discuss Eastenders, Coronation Street and the rest of the soaps in this sub-forum.

Old 14-08-2019, 10:24 PM #551
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
Erm, Vicky and Tyler should become full time characters ACTUALLY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate! View Post
This. I really like her. She would be great back at the factory.
I expect nothing more from stacey Slater fans. Celebrating mediocrity!
Old 14-08-2019, 10:30 PM #552
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstar View Post
Can someone give me a rundown of the black family, also I heard the producer of the show already has ideas for the 60th anniversary next year so I want to start watching again soon
They've not really done a lot so far despite the fact they must have arrived about three months ago now.

Eddie is the Dad, seems to be the street's next builder as he's now helping rebuild the factory after the roof collapse.

Aggie is the mother and she's literally done nothing apart from have a brief feud with Claudia about noise levels from building work.

Michael is the oldest, seems to be a typical soap ducker and diver, cheeky ladies man who has already tried to get Michelle and Maria into bed.

James is the footballer who Steve, Tim and Kevin are obsessed with because he plays for Weatherfield County. Apparently he's gay which considering they haven't even hinted at that yet seems stupid that we already know that.

They've hinted that there's some secret they're all keeping about why they moved away and to the street.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:31 PM #553

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):

tbh this storyline feels like it's gone on forever though. I remember seeing Tyler and Robert together months ago and thinking "oh jeez Michelle's gonna be gone by this month!"

I just checked and Vicky and Robert's storyline began on this day 2 months ago (when Robert broke up with her and it was revealed Robert was going to be the father of her child)

The whole "whodunnit?" storyline with the factory collapse lasted between 20th March and 31st May so... 72 days

Meanwhile this storyline has gone on for 61 days (if it's wrapped up by Friday, 63 days) with no set end truly in site...idk it's just really funny to me that the storyline in which Michelle leaves has taken nearly as long as the really hyped up whodunnit? storyline
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 10:33 PM #554

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They've not really done a lot so far despite the fact they must have arrived about three months ago now.

Eddie is the Dad, seems to be the street's next builder as he's now helping rebuild the factory after the roof collapse.

Aggie is the mother and she's literally done nothing apart from have a brief feud with Claudia about noise levels from building work.

Michael is the oldest, seems to be a typical soap ducker and diver, cheeky ladies man who has already tried to get Michelle and Maria into bed.

James is the footballer who Steve, Tim and Kevin are obsessed with because he plays for Weatherfield County. Apparently he's gay which considering they haven't even hinted at that yet seems stupid that we already know that.

They've hinted that there's some secret they're all keeping about why they moved away and to the street.
possible spoiler:

Spoiler:

I think Michael and James' sister will be introduced later this year around December time? How that ties into the secret I don't know, and that's if I'm remembering right, or if there's a sister/another addition at all

Last edited by Ant.; 14-08-2019 at 10:35 PM.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:36 PM #555
No filter

Favourites (more):

No filter

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
You and me will have problems if you carry on lady
Old 14-08-2019, 10:37 PM #556
No filter

Favourites (more):

No filter

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant. View Post
possible spoiler:

Spoiler:

I think Michael and James' sister will be introduced later this year around December time? How that ties into the secret I don't know, and that's if I'm remembering right, or if there's a sister/another addition at all
Yeah I think you're right.

I can see what they're trying to do in terms of establishing them on the street because they've all actually had more scenes with other characters than they have each other which seems slightly odd.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:37 PM #557
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Don't mess with the Turner

Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 10:38 PM #558

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

also what was the point in kicking Norris out of #3 the moment he comes back?

It's safe to say he's pacing his way back into becoming a regular so then what?

They haven't done anything too extraordinary with the Bailey's so it's just like it was vacant as it has been for a good while
Old 14-08-2019, 10:39 PM #559

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

The show in its current state is so stale, it’s actually painful to watch sometimes, I needs something fresh
Old 14-08-2019, 10:40 PM #560

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah I think you're right.

I can see what they're trying to do in terms of establishing them on the street because they've all actually had more scenes with other characters than they have each other which seems slightly odd.
Am I remembering correctly then?

You're right tbh, you couldn't even tell that they're from the same family. Granted I've not watched every recent Corrie episode recently (I'm never in and I don't see the point in catching up since half the time you can do with missing 40 mins) but I can't even think of a time the mum and dad have shared a scene together?
Old 14-08-2019, 10:44 PM #561

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

If I can give them one thing it's that this cheating storyline is evolving more into some double-life thing which hasn't really been done for a good while/since I've watched regularly, so I'm glad that Robert just didn't have a one-night stand with Vicky, got her pregnant, regretted it, and Michelle finds out and leaves overnight in anger

Basically: I'm glad that a cheating storyline is going a bit differently than I expected. Granted there's only so many ways you can cheat on someone, but yknow
Old 14-08-2019, 10:46 PM #562
No filter

Favourites (more):

No filter

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Am I remembering correctly then?

You're right tbh, you couldn't even tell that they're from the same family. Granted I've not watched every recent Corrie episode recently (I'm never in and I don't see the point in catching up since half the time you can do with missing 40 mins) but I can't even think of a time the mum and dad have shared a scene together?
It was literally the first few episodes I think, during their first week which sort of established them as a family and then...nothing. The only scene that Aggie has had apart from her thing with Claudia was an absolutely terrible scene where Kirk thought he had a spot on his bum or something and nothing else.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:51 PM #563

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It was literally the first few episodes I think, during their first week which sort of established them as a family and then...nothing. The only scene that Aggie has had apart from her thing with Claudia was an absolutely terrible scene where Kirk thought he had a spot on his bum or something and nothing else.
I don't remember the scene with Claudia (it does ring a bell) but yeah I was gonna say, I only know the mum from that godawful 'consultation' in the Rovers(I think?) with Kirk. I didnt wanna say "the mum's had like two scenes" if it turns out she was in one of the few episodes I've missed though

I wonder why they're so under-utilised, as characters and as a family. For months they were hyped up to be this new family moving into Number 3 and... honestly for some of them, those brief descriptions we got about them on social media and in news tells us more than what we've seen of them being on the cobbles for 2 months at the very least (which feels a tad ridiculous, when you think about the fact we're getting around 2 and a half hours of Corrie each week? And the brand new family has barely appeared in that time?)

Last edited by Ant.; 14-08-2019 at 10:51 PM.
Old 14-08-2019, 11:02 PM #564
No filter

Favourites (more):

No filter

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I don't remember the scene with Claudia (it does ring a bell) but yeah I was gonna say, I only know the mum from that godawful 'consultation' in the Rovers(I think?) with Kirk. I didnt wanna say "the mum's had like two scenes" if it turns out she was in one of the few episodes I've missed though

I wonder why they're so under-utilised, as characters and as a family. For months they were hyped up to be this new family moving into Number 3 and... honestly for some of them, those brief descriptions we got about them on social media and in news tells us more than what we've seen of them being on the cobbles for 2 months at the very least (which feels a tad ridiculous, when you think about the fact we're getting around 2 and a half hours of Corrie each week? And the brand new family has barely appeared in that time?)
I mean I would guess they're waiting till all the exits are done before they really start sort of starting all the new stuff. The writers of the show presumably care much more about Michelle and Robert than we do so once their rubbish has finished I'm assuming the other characters will be able to step forward into the limelight. I'm excited to see these future stories with whatever this new family eventually bring as I'm sure in a couple of months we'll be moaning that they're constantly on screen and being rammed down our throats

Emma at the forefront is as amazing as I hoped it would be because the actress is brilliant and I'm looking forward to Paul's story too (so long as Chesney stays well away from it. Gemma's involement is unavoidable sadly). I'd like to think it will end him and Billy because they are an awful couple, but no doubt it'll just make them "stronger," and Asha's story looks to be good as well (Can we just at the fact that Aadi has been left in India because the actor is clearly incapable of anything) and I'm pleased that Dev is back as I always enjoy him.
Old 14-08-2019, 11:06 PM #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstar View Post
Can someone give me a rundown of the black family, also I heard the producer of the show already has ideas for the 60th anniversary next year so I want to start watching again soon
By the sounds of it, it's being built around Gary Windass, the world's worst soap villain. So I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 11:11 PM #566

Quote:
I was going to say witness protection, then I remembered they did that with the Harris family.
Old 14-08-2019, 11:15 PM #567
No filter

Favourites (more):

No filter

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
I was going to say witness protection, then I remembered they did that with the Harris family.
Well, it's possible. I mean the Harris family's story finished in 2005 and that aspect of them wasn't that memorable so it wouldn't be a terrible story idea for them.
Old 14-08-2019, 11:49 PM #568

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I mean I would guess they're waiting till all the exits are done before they really start sort of starting all the new stuff. The writers of the show presumably care much more about Michelle and Robert than we do so once their rubbish has finished I'm assuming the other characters will be able to step forward into the limelight. I'm excited to see these future stories with whatever this new family eventually bring as I'm sure in a couple of months we'll be moaning that they're constantly on screen and being rammed down our throats

Emma at the forefront is as amazing as I hoped it would be because the actress is brilliant and I'm looking forward to Paul's story too (so long as Chesney stays well away from it. Gemma's involement is unavoidable sadly). I'd like to think it will end him and Billy because they are an awful couple, but no doubt it'll just make them "stronger," and Asha's story looks to be good as well (Can we just at the fact that Aadi has been left in India because the actor is clearly incapable of anything) and I'm pleased that Dev is back as I always enjoy him.
I guess you're right I just hope they establish themselves quickly/it doesn't feel too lonely (as in, no 'fan favourites') by the time the five regulars are gone. It seems that we're saying goodbye to Michelle, Robert, and Kate this month, Sophie sometime soon (for her maternity leave), Sinead by Christmas, and Bethany by this time next year. I like to imagine we'll see them get more involved once Robert/Kate/Michelle leave because we'd be looking at a couple months at least until Sinead starts to go.

Emma's BRILLIANT and as much as I really liked her light, fun side, it's (a bit awful and inhumane to say this ) good to see her in a more serious storyline. Gemma was comedy relief that... worked better being on the sidelines as comedy relief (I liked her when she was offering 3 lines an episode, way before her pregnancy storyline) so I was scared I might go off Emma like I did with Gemma when a character that's usually to the sides crackin' jokes gets a 'serious' storyline.
I'm hoping Chesney won't be involved since Paul's barely been involved in the pregnancy storyline (I can only think of the time he found out and him being iffy with her for wanting to live with their mum) but who knows. Paul and Billy just seem like a lustful relationship tbh, I just don't see any love or chemistry between them. Something tells me they're gonna go for a James x Paul storyline later on so maybe this will be the end of Paul and Billy?
To my knowledge, Dev returned on Monday? (I'm sure I watched Friday's episodes but don't remember him appearing) so I'm a bit lost with the Asha storyline but a MESS at Aadi being written out in such a way. Are you sure he won't come back after awhile? Not that his exit is newsworthy but nowhere seems to mention he's gone for good, but regardless he's not a loss to the show
Old 15-08-2019, 12:00 AM #569
No filter

Favourites (more):

No filter

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I guess you're right I just hope they establish themselves quickly/it doesn't feel too lonely (as in, no 'fan favourites') by the time the five regulars are gone. It seems that we're saying goodbye to Michelle, Robert, and Kate this month, Sophie sometime soon (for her maternity leave), Sinead by Christmas, and Bethany by this time next year. I like to imagine we'll see them get more involved once Robert/Kate/Michelle leave because we'd be looking at a couple months at least until Sinead starts to go.

Emma's BRILLIANT and as much as I really liked her light, fun side, it's (a bit awful and inhumane to say this ) good to see her in a more serious storyline. Gemma was comedy relief that... worked better being on the sidelines as comedy relief (I liked her when she was offering 3 lines an episode, way before her pregnancy storyline) so I was scared I might go off Emma like I did with Gemma when a character that's usually to the sides crackin' jokes gets a 'serious' storyline.
I'm hoping Chesney won't be involved since Paul's barely been involved in the pregnancy storyline (I can only think of the time he found out and him being iffy with her for wanting to live with their mum) but who knows. Paul and Billy just seem like a lustful relationship tbh, I just don't see any love or chemistry between them. Something tells me they're gonna go for a James x Paul storyline later on so maybe this will be the end of Paul and Billy?
To my knowledge, Dev returned on Monday? (I'm sure I watched Friday's episodes but don't remember him appearing) so I'm a bit lost with the Asha storyline but a MESS at Aadi being written out in such a way. Are you sure he won't come back after awhile? Not that his exit is newsworthy but nowhere seems to mention he's gone for good, but regardless he's not a loss to the show
To be honest, unless there turns out to be some story twist, there is literally zero reason for them to leave Aadi in India. I can honestly see him coming back with a new head tbh as Asha's actress has already proved she can wipe the floor with him on screen. Asha's
Spoiler:

skin bleaching
story is obviously going to be quite a serious one so if they decide that Aadi is needed, there's no way they'll be sticking with him.
Old 15-08-2019, 01:47 AM #570

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
To be honest, unless there turns out to be some story twist, there is literally zero reason for them to leave Aadi in India. I can honestly see him coming back with a new head tbh as Asha's actress has already proved she can wipe the floor with him on screen. Asha's
Spoiler:

skin bleaching
story is obviously going to be quite a serious one so if they decide that Aadi is needed, there's no way they'll be sticking with him.
Oh I read that spoiler. Yeah, it'd be silly for them to not include her brother in this when they have the option (if for some reason he was out of the show for a year at least with no intention returning anyway, fair enough, but this isn't the case), I'm just hoping they give it a month or two and can be like "wow puberty completely changed this kid!"
Old 15-08-2019, 02:10 PM #571
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
The parents are unremarkable, the eldest son is a failed businessmen and the youngest son is a closeted footballer apparently, all are pretty bad
Ouch. Hopefully they don't flop but I have a feeling they will
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 07:51 AM #572
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Fridays episodes were so bad. Gemma's mum selling her piss was so weird and the new guy is seriously one of the worst actors. He's like a Hollyoaks character walked into Corrie.
Old 18-08-2019, 11:07 AM #573

Gemma's mum selling her what? Lucas teas.
Old 19-08-2019, 06:57 PM #574
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Tim's dad is revolting
Old 19-08-2019, 07:58 PM #575