Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2019, 11:30 AM   #1
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Thumbs down Top BBC Journalist Allegedly Likens Working Class Men to ‘Amazonia Cannibals’

Youtube video
Click to view this video on Youtube


BBC flagship political show Panorama’s John Sweeney has allegedly been caught referring to working-class men as being like “cannibals from Amazonia” in an undercover video released by Tommy Robinson.

The footage was posted to Robinson’s social media accounts on both Facebook and Instagram over the weekend and shows the former English Defence League leader confronting Sweeney over his comments.

Sweeney seems to describe meeting a working-class white man named Danny (Dyer)in a BBC green room saying, “it was unusual to meet a white working class male in the Newsnight green room.”



Robinson has also said that the full footage will be compiled into a documentary that will be shown in Manchester on February 23rd outside of the BBC’s offices in the city. He has also revealed that he will post further footage from the documentary every 72 hours, starting on Tuesday evening.

So far, neither Sweeney, the BBC, nor HOPE Not Hate have addressed Robinson’s released footage or claims of further revelations, although HOPE not HATE senior researcher Joe Mulhall briefly locked his Twitter account following the release of the footage.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...cover-footage/


also on the BBC


John Sergeant aware of ‘immigration taboo’ during time as political correspondent


https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e...-37807308.html



Shocking BBC elitism, what do you make of it?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:34 AM   #2
Livia
User banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brasov, Transylvania
Posts: 27,768


Default

It's perfectly fine to speak like that about the white working class. The BBC do it regularly.
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:38 AM   #3
Oliver_W
NCC-1701
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 5,875

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Raph
Default

How long until people just disregard this because
a) it's Tommy Robinson
b) it's Breitbart
c) it's white working class men
__________________
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default

Rod Liddle said on LBC this morning he severely doubted a single senior exec working at the BBS voted remain and JOhn Sargent has said the BBC rarely broached the subject of immigration for fer of blame

just like what happened in Rotherham
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:24 PM   #5
bitontheslide
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 19,995

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

i'm totally outraged by this fellas remarks. It's much more important than the real **** that's going on around the world
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:32 PM   #6
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i'm totally outraged by this fellas remarks. It's much more important than the real **** that's going on around the world
i was not aware their was a league table of realness

who is top?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:33 PM   #7
Greg!
laura carter stan
 
Greg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: How dare they boo me! I'm a nice person!
Posts: 11,778

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Apprentice 2017: Elizabeth


Default

Anyone with half a brain cell would be able to tell that he was slagging of the BBC for having a lack of working class white men working for them, hence why he said they were rare ‘like an Amazonian tribe’ or whatever. ‘Tommy Robinson’ is thick as **** and I hope he gets shat on by a bird today
__________________



Last edited by Greg!; 12-02-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Greg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:34 PM   #8
Toy Soldier
#VoteTS2022 ✔️
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 17,830
Blog Entries: 1


Default

It doesn't sound good but if he's not going to release raw, unedited audio of these conversations in full then you pretty much have to take any conclusions drawn with a pinch of salt. Cherry-picked soundbites are not really evidence of anything... no different to out-of-context tabloid quotes.
__________________
"Sometimes the snow comes down in June
Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon
Just when I thought our chance had passed
You go and save the best for last...
You go and save the best for last."


Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:35 PM   #9
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
Anyone with half a brain cell would be able to tell that he was slagging of the BBC for having a lack of working class white men working for them, hence why he said they were rare ‘like an Amazonian tribe’ or whatever. ‘Tommy Robinson’ is thick as **** and I hope he gets shat on by a bird today
sure jan, that is exactly what he meant (when he got caught out)
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #10
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It doesn't sound good but if he's not going to release raw, unedited audio of these conversations in full then you pretty much have to take any conclusions drawn with a pinch of salt. Cherry-picked soundbites are not really evidence of anything... no different to out-of-context tabloid quotes.
yes just like the whole BLM movement for example or that whole Jussie whotsit thing

glad you now agree TS
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:39 PM   #11
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 91,056
Default

Wish this would go on ITV or Ch4
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:50 PM   #12
Toy Soldier
#VoteTS2022 ✔️
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 17,830
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
yes just like the whole BLM movement for example or that whole Jussie whotsit thing

glad you now agree TS
When did I disagree, LT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post

I do generally prefer to wait for a more complete story before blowing the horn of judgement.

Not doing so would indeed make me a hypocrite because I do insist on waiting for the full facts before conceding that an attack is for example, Islamic terrorism related, even when it seems like the most likely scenario. And there are some very important reasons for that.

Logically speaking I can't think of any decent argument for that not being applied at all times so... Yes... Unless there is video or witness statement then it's foolish to assume that we have the whole and accurate story. That's not saying that we don't. Again I'm just applying the same logic as above; it being wrong to say "this is obvz Islamic terrorism!" on the basis of a couple of Web articles.
From the Jussie Smollet thread
__________________
"Sometimes the snow comes down in June
Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon
Just when I thought our chance had passed
You go and save the best for last...
You go and save the best for last."


Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:59 PM   #13
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
When did I disagree, LT?



From the Jussie Smollet thread


King of avoiding the hysteria pitchforkism
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:32 PM   #14
Underscore
nancy pelosi is my mom
 
Underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Yorkshire/London
Posts: 5,953
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Curtis
BB19: Zoe
IAC2018: James McVey
CBB22: Sally Morgan
Default

Dying to put 'did he lie' for the bantz
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullen Girl View Post
i hope we all die soon

Spoiler:


ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB): 6th/12

I'm a TiBB Member 4: 3rd/16 & Highest Placed All-Star (1st/8)
TiBB on Ice: 4th/15
ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB) 2: 3rd/17
TiBB OTT3: 2nd/13
Underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
allegedly, bbc, cannibals’, class, journalist, likens, men, top, working, ‘amazonia

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts