Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-02-2019, 10:14 PM #401
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

i am also convinced she only wants to come home to recruit

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 10:24 PM #402

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Glad she likely wont be returning BUT she did raise a point questioning why others have been allowed back but not her. Seems because it's all over the news she's being used to set an example (far too late), meanwhile all the others who returned before her were quietly swept under the carpet.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 07:45 AM #403
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
Glad she likely wont be returning BUT she did raise a point questioning why others have been allowed back but not her. Seems because it's all over the news she's being used to set an example (far too late), meanwhile all the others who returned before her were quietly swept under the carpet.
It is a good point, and one the public should be made aware of, only 1 in 4 returning Jihadis ever see the inside of a courtroom, Those that did return must have been in position to get themselves to Turkey or Iraq so they could be helped by the British consulate, her downfall was doing the interview and coming across so badly in it.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 07:48 AM #404
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
I'm not surprised Bangladesh are pissed off about our attempts to offload her onto them when she's never visited the country in her life and has no links there, I can't see this decision standing
Children of one Bangladeshi parent have automatic citizenship up to the age of 21 without every visiting the country, that is their criteria they cant chop and change this to suit the situation

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 21-02-2019, 08:23 AM #405
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Children of one Bangladeshi parent have automatic citizenship up to the age of 21 without every visiting the country, that is their criteria they cant chop and change this to suit the situation
Again, criticising Bangladesh for "chopping and changing to suit the situation" because they don't want to take her... whilst fully in support of the UK stripping her citizenship because we don't want to take her . Come on Cherie.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 08:24 AM #406
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
as much as I don't want her to return, it is a bit of a stretch to dump her on Bangladesh, i don't see it happening
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 08:36 AM #407
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Again, criticising Bangladesh for "chopping and changing to suit the situation" because they don't want to take her... whilst fully in support of the UK stripping her citizenship because we don't want to take her . Come on Cherie.
Come on TS, two completely different situations, the UK government have utilised a clause to strip citizenship and for very good reason,the Bangladeshis are ignoring their own criteria, I dont blame them for not wanting her though.

CITIZENSHIP BY BIRTH
Those that are born to at least one Bangladeshi parent acquire citizenship at birth. Those that are born in Bangladesh to parents whose identity and/or nationality are unknown also acquire citizenship by birth, as the child is assumed to be born to Bangladeshi nationals.

Citizenship at birth is also conferred upon Urdu-speaking people of Bangladesh since May 2008.

Last edited by Cherie; 21-02-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 21-02-2019, 08:37 AM #408
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
as much as I don't want her to return, it is a bit of a stretch to dump her on Bangladesh, i don't see it happening
oh I agree but they cant say she doesn't meet the criteria when she clearly does up to the age of 21 if her mother is Bangladeshi

Last edited by Cherie; 21-02-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 21-02-2019, 08:47 AM #409
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Come on TS, two completely different situations, the UK government have utilised a clause to strip citizenship and for very good reason,the Bangladeshis are ignoring their own criteria, I dont blame them for not wanting her though.

CITIZENSHIP BY BIRTH
Those that are born to at least one Bangladeshi parent acquire citizenship at birth. Those that are born in Bangladesh to parents whose identity and/or nationality are unknown also acquire citizenship by birth, as the child is assumed to be born to Bangladeshi nationals.

Citizenship at birth is also conferred upon Urdu-speaking people of Bangladesh since May 2008.
Yeah but surely they can refuse that to people who've enver been and are terrorists?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 08:53 AM #410
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Yeah but surely they can refuse that to people who've enver been and are terrorists?
I am sure they can, but what is being reported is that she doesn't meet their criteria

I don't blame them or Holland for not wanting her, she hasn't exactly come across well in interviews so you have to wonder how bright she is and how easily manipulated she is, that said she hasn't done enough to be put in prison for any decent amount of time, so more money spent watching her will be the only way to go when she does eventually return because I have no doubt she will get back eventually

Old 21-02-2019, 09:18 AM #411
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
I am sure they can, but what is being reported is that she doesn't meet their criteria

I don't blame them or Holland for not wanting her, she hasn't exactly come across well in interviews so you have to wonder how bright she is and how easily manipulated she is, that said she hasn't done enough to be put in prison for any decent amount of time, so more money spent watching her will be the only way to go when she does eventually return because I have no doubt she will get back eventually
Oh I've no doubt she'll get back here either. Already there are plenty of people more concerned about her than the victims of IS.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 09:26 AM #412
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Oh I've no doubt she'll get back here either. Already there are plenty of people more concerned about her than the victims of IS.
The world is truly screwed, to many do gooder’s , giving scum rights over the people they set out to murder.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 09:28 AM #413
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
The world is truly screwed, to many do gooder’s , giving scum rights over the people they set out to murder.
There's never any mention in the press about her family, except when we're being told they think our government is unjust. But they're supporters of extremism too. Personally I think this story needs to be off the news and off the front page.
Old 21-02-2019, 09:39 AM #414
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Quote:
There's never any mention in the press about her family, except when we're being told they think our government is unjust. But they're supporters of extremism too. Personally I think this story needs to be off the news and off the front page.
Indeed, who cares about them and what they are up to

Old 21-02-2019, 10:16 AM #415
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Even if she is deemed to be allowed to return, I don't think she should be aided in any way. The best case scenario (for her) should be "kay, we won't stop you, but make your own way here, we'll keep your cell warm xoxo"

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 10:23 AM #416
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I'm confused by Bangladesh's response and the way some people have just accepted it. Bengladesh says she's not one of theirs and people automatically believe them. Under Bangladesh law, a UK national who is born to a Bangladeshi parent is automatically a Bangladeshi citizen. I think Cherie might have already said this... soz if it's a repeat.
Old 21-02-2019, 10:24 AM #417
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
I'm not surprised Bangladesh are pissed off about our attempts to offload her onto them when she's never visited the country in her life and has no links there, I can't see this decision standing
Yup. I see a lot of anger at Bangladesh (and even fucing Turkey?!) all over facebook. But they have done **** all wrong.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 10:25 AM #418
0_o

0_o

Quote:
It is a good point, and one the public should be made aware of, only 1 in 4 returning Jihadis ever see the inside of a courtroom, Those that did return must have been in position to get themselves to Turkey or Iraq so they could be helped by the British consulate, her downfall was doing the interview and coming across so badly in it.
What the actual hell? Thats seriously shocking.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 21-02-2019, 10:35 AM #419
0_o

0_o

Quote:

Ah, I get the angry posts about Bangladesh then...its the lies, rather than the decision? As if they dont want her for what shes done, its the same as our decision really.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 21-02-2019, 10:35 AM #420
-

-

Quote:
I'm confused by Bangladesh's response and the way some people have just accepted it. Bengladesh says she's not one of theirs and people automatically believe them. Under Bangladesh law, a UK national who is born to a Bangladeshi parent is automatically a Bangladeshi citizen. I think Cherie might have already said this... soz if it's a repeat.
How can you possibly be confused that Bangladesh - where she has never even visited - don't want to accept her as a citizen and yet fully supportive of the fact that the UK - where she was born and raised - don't want to accept her as a citizen? I'm not even being flippant here I honestly don't understand how anyone can hold such a self-contradictory opinion on this.

UK: "We don't want her, she's a terrorist, we're stripping her citizenship. Bangladesh can give her citizenship."

Bangladesh: "We don't want her as a citizen either."

UK: "WHAT??!?!? This is an outrage you HAVE to accept it."
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 11:21 AM #421
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
Because she's an excellent distraction tactic from the utter trainwreck that is Brexit.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 11:23 AM #422
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
Wasnt her child born in Turkey? cant they offer her citizenship on that grounds
Why would they? The baby was born in Syria.

There's no real ifs or buts about it, Bangladesh have no reason to accept her and there's no real claim to offload her onto another country.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 11:23 AM #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Because she's an excellent distraction tactic from the utter trainwreck that is Brexit.
This is what I came in to post.....whilst the public is outraged at the possibility of her coming home, the government can continue hurtling towards a no deal brexit
Old 21-02-2019, 11:26 AM #424
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
How can you possibly be confused that Bangladesh - where she has never even visited - don't want to accept her as a citizen and yet fully supportive of the fact that the UK - where she was born and raised - don't want to accept her as a citizen? I'm not even being flippant here I honestly don't understand how anyone can hold such a self-contradictory opinion on this.

UK: "We don't want her, she's a terrorist, we're stripping her citizenship. Bangladesh can give her citizenship."

Bangladesh: "We don't want her as a citizen either."

UK: "WHAT??!?!? This is an outrage you HAVE to accept it."

Everyone born to Bangladeshi parents is automatically a Bangladeshi citizen. That's the plain truth. Stating that's just me being contradictory is ridiculous. They don't want to take her... fine. She's stuck then, isn't she.

Last edited by Livia; 21-02-2019 at 11:26 AM.
Old 21-02-2019, 11:28 AM #425
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
This is what I came in to post.....whilst the public is outraged at the possibility of her coming home, the government can continue hurtling towards a no deal brexit
I think the News organisations have to take responsibility. The government can't dictate what the news makes their top story. It's an incendiary story and the News orgs will run with that, rather than give us another twenty minutes on the mare's nest that is Brexit.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
19, exlondon, home, isis, join, ran, schoolgirl, uk