Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:46 PM #276
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
To be honest, I think the bar for a good Survivor episode ought to be a little higher than "it had moments and phrases"
Lol memorable was the key there

It wasn't just some Nouramal moments and phrases
Old 07-12-2019, 03:51 PM #277
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

ALSO call me crazy but I think Noura is the favorite to win this season followed by Tommy (would be a "typical" finish but not one I'm fully expecting), Janet & Dean in that order.

I threw Dean in as I feel like he's quite involved with the plot since like episode 3 but I do think the winner will likely be Noura, Tommy or Janet. I kinda think there has been too much "goat" focus for either Noura or Dean to not win? Maybe I'm tripping
Old 09-12-2019, 02:26 AM #278
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
- Teaching Time with Tommy #TTWT (good catchy line actually and kinda defining moment if he does indeed win)
It was....... an empty quote that he definitely had planned in his head beforehand and thought it would sound badass but in reality it was lame and didn't even make sense. It defined **** all, which I guess could be indicative of the fact that Tommy's edit is **** all and he's done **** all? But definitely not iconic in the way he was going for.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:29 AM #279
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
Lol memorable was the key there

It wasn't just some Nouramal moments and phrases
I've already forgotten who Tommy is, let alone what he said in last week's episode, so I beg to differ tbh!

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:34 AM #280
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Also there's this, which is notable for featuring both Michele Fitzgerald and her time-travelling future self in the same photo

Spoiler:

Old 09-12-2019, 10:17 PM #281
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
It was....... an empty quote that he definitely had planned in his head beforehand and thought it would sound badass but in reality it was lame and didn't even make sense. It defined **** all, which I guess could be indicative of the fact that Tommy's edit is **** all and he's done **** all? But definitely not iconic in the way he was going for.
I love you
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:21 AM #282
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

“Your lesson is jury management. Flip a coin!”
Old 12-12-2019, 12:34 AM #283
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

To recap: Dean now has an Idol Nullifier at F7 because his name was drawn from a bag and then he flipped a coin.

“ThE GaMe iS ChAnGiNg“ yeah it’s changing into complete garbage, even BBUS twists at least pretend to have more integrity than this?!?!
Old 12-12-2019, 01:00 AM #284
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK

I can’t even be happy about this bc the optics are completely atrocious?!?! This show needs to be put down
Old 12-12-2019, 01:20 AM #285
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

I haven't watched yet (West Coast) and probably won't (complete lack of interest), but did Dan really get the "Poochie died on the way back to his home planet" treatment?

And now I'm hearing all sorts of mess about no live finale/Jeff refusing to do press etc, so... perhaps Survivor ought to die on the way back to its home planet as well

Spoiler:

Old 12-12-2019, 01:42 AM #286
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Yeah Jeff is outright refusing to comment ~out of respect for the person involved~ and the finale is gonna be on a four hour tape delay so Tommy’s win will be spoiled. Dan is officially in That Bottom Tier of contestants like Russell, Phillip, and Colton, and I don’t think I would care if this show got cancelled because this is depressingly atrocious.

Also I had no clue MB was a west coaster
Old 12-12-2019, 04:57 AM #287
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Omg I'm lmao @ the Legacy advantage segment between Dean, Rob & Sandra

I reeeally hope Dean doesn't crumble with an embarrassing legacy advantage moment like I'd say it's pretty obviously leaning towards - I sort of feel like too much for it to actually happen. Dean getting the idol nullifier tho
Old 12-12-2019, 05:23 AM #288
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Where are we in the game right now?
Noura: At tribal council?

Ok that episode was preeeetty boring & very predictable. Elaine's super sweet </3

Oh WOW @ the delayed Dan removal? Like that's GREAT but feels soooo random & awkward at this point. 'after report of another incident that happened off-camera and didn't involve a player' oh shiiiit I want to know what it is

I was just thinking ffs another episode with no sign of Dan going but finally he's gone
Old 12-12-2019, 08:17 AM #289

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):

Gooped and gagged @ Dan's ejection. First time in 39 seasons. Surely after the Kellee drama you just wouldn't lay your finger on another person for the rest of the season?!

Dean's coin flip advantage was hilariously overpowered considering its F7, he got to choose from 3 different advantages based on what suited his trajectory to the endgame best, AND he didn't have to untie anything from underneath a table during the immunity challenge whilst surrounded in close proximity by 7 of his tribemates (See: Elaine). I've thoroughly enjoyed this season but the amount of idols and advantages has been one of the down sides. They either need to make these idols much harder to obtain, or just stop scattering them round the island every time one is played.
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:24 AM #290
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Omg I just watched this episode, then closed the tab after Elaine walks off, like… I always do… and then come on here to find out DAN’S BEEN REMOVED Goodbye you creepy pervert!!!

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:27 AM #291
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

The Dan thing is just soooooooo terrible I’m still not over it. Like, the show basically left Missy and Elizabeth and others out to dry and let them take the heat for his actions, and he was allowed to vote off all of these people before randomly getting removed himself. The message being sent is that it doesn’t matter when he sexually assaults other players on a repeated basis starting from *Day 1* but as soon as it happens to a member of production it’s suddenly not okay. A ****ing blind person could’ve seen this coming, but we’re now at the point where production openly doesn’t care about the well-being of the players and will only take action when they are on the receiving end of it.

I know we’re at the point where Survivor has jumped so many sharks that there aren’t any more left to jump, but I don’t even have another metaphor to use to express infuriating this incident is, especially considering that it was COMPLETELY preventable.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:34 AM #292
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Also Varner is human garbage. He tweeted that the cast LOVES Dan and are upset by his removal and the truth will come out, and he doesn’t know Kellee and couldn’t pick her out off the street *BUT* she’s a liar and the cast doesn’t like her :3

I’m so mad reading his tweets I can’t even formulate a good post about it. He SUCKS and y’all are still dumb as hell for initially saying you felt bad for *him* when he outed Zeke
Old 12-12-2019, 10:36 AM #293

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

In fairness, when the storyline blew up between Missy/Elizabeth/Janet/Kellee they did ask Kellee if she wanted them to do something about it and she said it was fine, and that's when they decided to hold the group meeting and pull Dan aside separately. This additional incident had obviously happened after Dan was given his warning, so that's why they took the decision to expel him. I don't believe that the show holds one standard for the treatment against its contestants and another for the treatment against production staff.

I genuinely believe had Kellee expressed that she wanted action to be taken against Dan, that it would have been. But I get that this is where it becomes tricky because that's just leaving it all up to Kellee as opposed to taking the initiative themselves and seeing that Kellee was highly distressed by the whole situation, so take action. You can't watch her go through such strong emotion and THEN burden her with the additional responsibility of being the sole person to say "Yeah, let's chuck him out of the game for this".
Old 12-12-2019, 05:57 PM #294
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

I was hoping the NO in Noura would seal Dean's fate but he's one lucky bastard!

Bye Dan I feel bad for his son though.

I'm just like anyone but Tommy at this moment.
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2019, 03:34 AM #295
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigs View Post
In fairness, when the storyline blew up between Missy/Elizabeth/Janet/Kellee they did ask Kellee if she wanted them to do something about it and she said it was fine, and that's when they decided to hold the group meeting and pull Dan aside separately. This additional incident had obviously happened after Dan was given his warning, so that's why they took the decision to expel him. I don't believe that the show holds one standard for the treatment against its contestants and another for the treatment against production staff.

I genuinely believe had Kellee expressed that she wanted action to be taken against Dan, that it would have been. But I get that this is where it becomes tricky because that's just leaving it all up to Kellee as opposed to taking the initiative themselves and seeing that Kellee was highly distressed by the whole situation, so take action. You can't watch her go through such strong emotion and THEN burden her with the additional responsibility of being the sole person to say "Yeah, let's chuck him out of the game for this".
The group meeting was later revealed to be a very quick reminder of "hey guys, just want to remind you that we're here for you if you're ever not feeling comfortable or safe xx" ~10 minutes before an Immunity Challenge, and it was entirely out of the blue with no context so some of the players didn't even realize it was pertaining to a specific incident. Not to mention that nobody knew that Dan received a warning until watching the merge episode when the rest of America found out. And not to even mention the fact that there wasn't a warning until the merge episode when there was a whole montage worth of "please stop touching me, Dan" moments that happened pre-merge.

Production handled everything terribly and it's not hard at all for me to believe that they didn't give a **** about when things happened to Kellee and only started to care when it happened to one of their own. So much of what Jeff has said in interviews was immediately contradicted by people like Kellee and Jamal in their exit interviews. Again, there were countless flashbacks and montages of Dan touching practically every single woman he came in contact with but none of it mattered until he grabbed some producer's leg coming off of a boat. And like you said, it's absolute ****ing bull**** to leave the decision up to Kellee as to whether or not she wants to single-handedly remove Dan from the game. It's the exact reason why victim don't speak up. Nick from Kaoh Rong actually said it best in one his tweets after the merge episode, saying that people are still medevaced by production's judgment even when they desperately want to stay in the game, so producers should treat mental anguish the same as physical anguish and step up and make those decisions that someone like Kellee should not have to solely make herself.

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 13-12-2019 at 03:39 AM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2019, 06:09 PM #296
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Tbf I think it was just kind of a final strike for Dan rather than prioritizing the staff's feelings over the cast's feelings. It still felt so random & awkward how it happened on the show nnnn

Also, random thought I could see Lauren winning too but I just don't think her edit is all that winner-esque? It just makes some sense with her being a woman & POC when that's had a lot of focus on this season. Plus she's involved in a lot at least.

If not an obvious Tommy win I could still picture a miraculous Noura win which would be ****ing hilarious

Janet... does her edit suggest winner at all? Maybe with this jury? Dean doesn't really have the winner feel either, he has the Jay / Dr. Mike type of finale finish feel... but man that'd also be absolutely hilarious and even better than a Noura win

Last edited by JerseyWins; 14-12-2019 at 06:10 PM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2019, 06:23 PM #297
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Tommy’s edit makes him seem like such an obvious winner that I’m wondering if they’re doing it on purpose to throw us off. I hope I’m right because we know nothing about him as a person other than his profession, he has a girlfriend, and his name is Tommy. That’s literally it? Like, just look at the state of this...

I’m rooting for a Noura or a Janet win. The other 3 would be meh. I don’t hate Dean as much as everyone else but he’s definitely lost the charm he had previously, and Lauren is pretty dull imo?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 14-12-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2019, 06:25 PM #298
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I don't get why they bothered making Kellee and Missy the decoy winners when they were both early-merge boots. Would've made more sense to make Lauren the decoy winner just so Tommy's win was less obvious and the season was less predictable/more enjoyable.
Old 14-12-2019, 06:58 PM #299

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

WAIT

Now that Dan is gone, will Janet be able to use her idol at the f5 tribal? If not, lol @ them giving Dean an idol nullifier just for it to be, well, nullified.
Old 14-12-2019, 08:16 PM #300
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

People hating Dean just isn't Nouramal

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2019, 25th, 39, cast, contestants, idols, island, premieres, revealed, rumours, september, survivor, theme