Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 24-07-2019, 12:35 PM #1
Banned

Banned

Default A Silent Voice (Currently on Netflix)

This is one of my favourite films and given the recent attack on Kyoto Animation, I decided to watch it again and I fell in love with it all over again and I'd recommend anyone that can watch it do so.

The story is about a boy (Shoya) who bullies a deaf girl (Shouko) so much that she ends up transferring schools and in the wake of it all he gets bullied by everyone in return to such an extent that he withdraws from everyone out of guilt and self loathing. Years later, he learns sign language and seeks out Shouko to make amends. I won't say anything more about the story other than that but it is one of the most emotional and beautiful films I've watched and it looks at bullying in such a way that I've never seen another show or film cover before.

I relate to it a lot because, like Shouko, I was born deaf and although I can hear now, my hearing is pretty bad and I can relate to the frustrations she and others go through since you just know how much it annoys people to accommodate for your issues. I'd have to constantly ask people to repeat stuff to such an extent that now, instead of annoying people, I just do my best to figure out what they've said through body language and such and act accordingly but enough about me.

The film is available both dubbed in english and in subtitles so for people who don't like subtitles, you don't need to worry. As said in the title, It's available to watch on Netflix and if you have the time, I'd recommend it. It's a very universal film that deserves to be seen.

Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
netflix, silent, voice