Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:26 PM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Default Who do you think that your team should buy and sell for next season?

As the season is coming to it's end, I was wondering which players you think would improve your club that your club could realistically bring in? And which players do you think need to leave your club as they're just not cutting it?

For me I think that we should buy.

Gary Gardner (Aston Villa)
Conor Mahoney (Bournemouth)
Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield) aim big for our standards
James Collins (Luton Town)
Joe Hart (Burnley)
Sort Michael Morrison's contract out
Shinji Okazaki (Leicester)

Who I would have us sell if it were up to me.

David Stockdale (high wages and doesn't play)
Tomasz Kusczak (same reason as Stockdale)
Che Adams (he'll be leaving of his own accord so I'm adding him to the list for that reason)

Tbh I can't really think of who to sell out of the others because I think that they all contribute something to the club in one way or the other, even the weaker players.

I know that my wishlist is probably not the most likely signings that we'll be able to make, but I do think that we should try and push ourselves a little bit and make the effort to try and get some of them.

Anyway enough about my team, who do you want to see your club buy and sell next season?

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:44 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

My teams season isn't finished yet....Scottish cup final to come....and I managed to get a ticket this morning. .tbh..I couldn't tell you who plays for them...but I will be twirling my scarf all the same.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:09 PM #3
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Out - Ozil, Mustafi, Xhaka, Monreal, Mykhitaryan, Elneny, Chambers and more
Stay - Lacazette, Aubameyang, Torreira,
Loaned out _ Ghendouzi, Iwobi

Apparently Barca want Lacazette. I so then we have to sell him,. IF they are prepared to pay 70 million plus for him then the club need the money for the re-build.

In- Dont know but lets stop looking for player at clubs half way up the French and Spanish league. Why didnt we sign defenders like Dunk, Maguire, Mee, Tarkowski when they were younger.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 06-05-2019 at 08:10 PM.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:23 PM #4
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

Out - Mignolet, Sturridge, Lallana, Lovren, Gruij, Milner (He will go to Leeds if promoted)

In - Werner, Brandt, Gibson, Nick Pope, Thorgan Hazard

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:10 PM #5
The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

Favourites (more):

My teams season still hasn’t finished yet and in terms of who we should sign depends upon whether we are promoted to the Championship or not. We have an issue in that a lot of players are out of contract soon that I hope won’t leave. However, these are the players I think we should sell once the season is over.

Igor Vetokele - Expensive and too injury prone, I’m sure there are better striker options who can replace him.
Josh Parker - Dead weight. A panic buy because we sold Karlan Grant to Huddersfield.
Darren Pratley - Hasn’t really impressed since we signed him last year imo.

We’ve been on brilliant form lately, there’s not many others I can think of who we should sell but, I do hope these contracts are renewed

Lee Bowyer - Has done brilliant with such a tight budget. How our owner hasn’t renewed his contract thus far I don’t know (because he’s a twat).
Josh Cullen - Loaned to us from West Ham, has been brilliant this season would rather a permanent deal but I’d be happy if he was loaned to us again next season.
Joe Aribo - Great young player. Has been a good asset to us this year.
Kristian Bielik & Patrick Bauer - Both are solid CB’s, if they leave we’ll be in big trouble next year.
Jake Foster Caskey - A good midfielder who unfortunately has been injured all season. Last season he was one of our best players wouldn’t like to see him go just yet.

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:26 PM #6
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeatdog View Post
My teams season still hasn’t finished yet and in terms of who we should sign depends upon whether we are promoted to the Championship or not. We have an issue in that a lot of players are out of contract soon that I hope won’t leave. However, these are the players I think we should sell once the season is over.

Igor Vetokele - Expensive and too injury prone, I’m sure there are better striker options who can replace him.
Josh Parker - Dead weight. A panic buy because we sold Karlan Grant to Huddersfield.
Darren Pratley - Hasn’t really impressed since we signed him last year imo.

We’ve been on brilliant form lately, there’s not many others I can think of who we should sell but, I do hope these contracts are renewed

Lee Bowyer - Has done brilliant with such a tight budget. How our owner hasn’t renewed his contract thus far I don’t know (because he’s a twat).
Josh Cullen - Loaned to us from West Ham, has been brilliant this season would rather a permanent deal but I’d be happy if he was loaned to us again next season.
Joe Aribo - Great young player. Has been a good asset to us this year.
Kristian Bielik & Patrick Bauer - Both are solid CB’s, if they leave we’ll be in big trouble next year.
Jake Foster Caskey - A good midfielder who unfortunately has been injured all season. Last season he was one of our best players wouldn’t like to see him go just yet.
How has Bielik been playing this years cuz he's still contracted to Arsenal? We bought him in the same transfer window that Spurs signed Dele Ali. Look at the players have progressed since. Wenger getting it wrong again in his last few years.

We also bought him as a holding midfielder but you say he's been playing centre back? Maybe we wont send him out on loan next year we need at least three defenders.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
Old 06-05-2019, 07:40 PM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
How has Bielik been playing this years cuz he's still contracted to Arsenal? We bought him in the same transfer window that Spurs signed Dele Ali. Look at the players have progressed since. Wenger getting it wrong again in his last few years.

We also bought him as a holding midfielder but you say he's been playing centre back? Maybe we wont send him out on loan next year we need at least three defenders.
He’s been on loan to us since September, also scored for us last Saturday. His contract expires at the end of this month. We’ve been sparse for defenders, Patrick Bauer was injured for two months and was playing his position but then carried on still as a CB when he returned. He’s probably played about 30 or so games for us this season.

Tbf the fact he’s loaned to us, he probably won’t stay which is gutting. Our owner has really screwed up letting so many contracts wind down

Last edited by Dogeatdog; 06-05-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:10 PM #8
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

I doubt he'll get in our team as centre back we already have a few useless ones like Callum Chambers who will be higher in the pecking order. Same with defensive midfield tbh. He may be sold tbh cuz I dont see where he fits in to the team.

That reminds me Chambers is another player who can jack this summer. Dont need him, not good enough

Quote:
Old 16-05-2019, 09:45 AM #9
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

PSV

Out - Rosario, Bergwijn, Lozano, Gutierrez, Dumfries, Hendrix (yes we need some cleaning of rubbish players)

In - idk i'd say do some more scouting in scandinavia/Belgium/eastern europe but i know they won't and buy some b player (talent) in our own country

psv's scouting is a pure joke
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:21 PM #10
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Out: Sturridge (free - confirmed), Moreno (free - confirmed), Ings (£20m - all but confirmed), Clyne, Mignolet, Kent, Camacho, Bogdan, Ejaria, Awoniyi.

With rumoured fees of £12m for Kent, £10m for Awoniyi, £10m for Camacho, and proven PL players like Clyne and Migs we're probably looking at about £60-70m for that lot, and a fortune in wages (Studge on about 200k p/w, Clyne and Migs probably on a fair bit as well).

On top of that I think Lallana and Lovren are in the sort of position where we won't actively look into selling them, but if a team comes in with a reasonable offer (£20m+ each) we won't stand in their way.

In: More about upgrading the outgoings than having to strengthen the main 11. I'd quite like 2 rotation options at full back so we don't have to rely so heavily on Trent and Robbo in every competition, but I reckon we'll stick with Gomez shifting over from CB as RB cover. Definitely a LB though with Moreno leaving. Back up keeper, Migs wants to play and Karius has no future here. If Lovren leaves another CB as well, although I think he will stay.

Other than that I would like us to sign a Coutinho-esque player which I think is likely, and a ST to replace Sturridge, but this will likely be Brewster getting promoted.

Last edited by Locke.; 05-06-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:56 PM #11

Macclesfield

Really like the way Sol has us playing so wouldn't change much I think we are strong enough to compete next season, maybe get Draper from TNS!

Last edited by Bugsy Bear; 05-06-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Bugsy Bear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
buy, season, sell, team