Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 08-05-2019, 01:28 PM #26
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Its very relevant to the thread where a man legally canvassing is being attacked violently by members of the public and the police are not protecting him
yep, its not against the rules to promote yourself for the elections honestly

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:28 PM #27
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Can you believe the Guardian reported that the man slipped and the drink hit him, how that failing clickbait money begging rag has fallen from its once respected position
Yeah, I could easily believe that the Guardian reported that.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:31 PM #28
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Yeah, I could easily believe that the Guardian reported that.
same

Old 08-05-2019, 01:34 PM #29
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Quote:
Can you believe the Guardian reported that the man slipped and the drink hit him, how that failing clickbait money begging rag has fallen from its once respected position
To be honest, most newspapers, on either sides of the spectrum have fallen a long way, and have basically just become mouthpieces for either side.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:35 PM #30
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia. View Post
To be honest, most newspapers, on either sides of the spectrum have fallen a long way, and have basically just become mouthpieces for either side.
We agree at last LOL...
Old 08-05-2019, 01:40 PM #31
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...me-in-two-days

you guys were right, Guardian had a article about this

Old 08-05-2019, 01:43 PM #32

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Speaking to Asian Image, Mahmud said he had been left shaken by the incident. He added: “I was in Warrington for a meeting and afterwards was on my way home. I had to pass this group of people.

“He [Robinson] just kept talking to me. I kept moving location. I was the only Asian guy there. I said to him I do not wish to speak to you on or off camera. I just got annoyed with him. A milkshake ‘slipped’ out of my hand.

At lest own it fgs.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:47 PM #33
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

i think there was mob mentality on both sides there with each goading the other. That shouldn't be allowed
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:54 PM #34
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

I'm not racist, I just defend racists.

Tommy Robinson is a thug, he doxxes people who speak up against his politics so his goons can go and intimidate them in their own homes, and has done this himself too.

It's petty and uncalled for to do this to him but letting racists and bigots know they are not welcome should be universally applauded. I just can't fathom what the motivations of those that don't could be.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:01 PM #35
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post

Tommy Robinson is a thug, he doxxes people who speak up against his politics so his goons can go and intimidate them in their own homes, and has done this himself too.

It's petty and uncalled for to do this to him but letting racists and bigots know they are not welcome should be universally applauded. I just can't fathom what the motivations of those that don't could be.
well even people like him (as much as we dislike, hate them) you can't assault them

if only all should ignore him, and he would fade away out of boredom

Old 08-05-2019, 02:02 PM #36
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
well even people like him (as much as we dislike, hate them) you can't assault them

if only all should ignore him, and he would fade away out of boredom
Which is why I said it was petty and uncalled for.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:05 PM #37

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Why did he go to someone's house?
Old 08-05-2019, 02:07 PM #38
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Why did he go to someone's house?
For a cup o' tea and a hobnob.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:27 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
For a cup o' tea and a hobnob.
I thought it was because a mouthy lefty had trolled him telling him he wanted him to die a horrible death, and once talking to tommy retracted his statement whilst apologising to him.

Last edited by parmnion; 08-05-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:29 PM #40

Quote:

You are talking rubbish
if he is a Thug
he would be Locked in prison.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:30 PM #41
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Sigh... as always I have to start my post with... I'm not a fan of Robinson... and I'm not.

It appals me how people can laugh and agree with someone being assaulted, whether it's with a fist or a milkshake, so long as it's someone with a differing opinion from yours
. This is why the woman in the other thread - about the man with the MAGA cap - felt entitled to get all up in his grill, threaten him and call him names. No one is entitled to attack anyone, ever. If Robinson is what people think he is, then surely he'll hang himself if he's given enough rope?

I hope the woman who threw the milkshake, with her face twisted with rage like so many of her kind, is hit with the full force of the law... Just like Robinson would have if the roles were reversed.
Sickening isn't it ?
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:34 PM #42
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
You are talking rubbish
if he is a Thug
he would be Locked in prison.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_...al_convictions

In April 2005, Robinson was convicted of assaulting an off-duty police officer who had intervened to protect Robinson's girlfriend from Robinson.[3][4][5] He was imprisoned for 12 months.[5][3]

In September 2011, at Preston Magistrates' Court, Robinson was convicted of assault for headbutting a man in Blackburn on 2 April 2011.[11][9] In November 2011, he was given a 12-week jail term, suspended for 12 months.[12]

False passport
In October 2012, Robinson was arrested and held on the charge of having entered the United States illegally. Robinson pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court to using someone else's passport to travel to the United States in September 2012, and was sentenced in January 2013 to 10 months' imprisonment.[14][15][158]

Robinson had used a passport in the name of Andrew McMaster to board a Virgin Atlantic flight from Heathrow to New York.[14] He had been banned from entering the US due to a drugs offence. When he arrived at New York's JFK Airport, customs officials who took his fingerprints realised he was not McMaster. He was asked to attend a second interview but left the airport, entering the US illegally. He stayed one night and returned to the UK the following day using his own legitimate passport – which bears the name Paul Harris.[13]

Judge Alistair McCreath told him: "What you did went absolutely to the heart of the immigration controls that the United States are entitled to have. It's not in any sense trivial."[14]

He was released on electronic tag on 22 February 2013.[159]

Fraud
In November 2012, Robinson was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by misrepresentation in relation to a mortgage application, along with five other defendants.[160] He pleaded guilty to two charges and in January 2014 was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment.[16][158]

Robinson's fraud amounted to Ł160,000 over a period of six months. Judge Andrew Bright QC described him as the "instigator, if not the architect" of a series of frauds totalling Ł640,000. "This was an operation which was fraudulent from the outset and involved a significant amount of forward planning." He described Robinson as a "fixer" who had introduced others to fraudulent mortgage broker Deborah Rothschild. Rothschild had assisted some defendants by providing fake pay slips and income details.[17]

Robinson was attacked by several fellow prisoners in HM Prison Woodhill.[161][162] Following news of the attack, Maajid Nawaz wrote to the Secretary of State for Justice, Chris Grayling, asking for Robinson's situation to be urgently addressed.[162][163] Shortly after this incident, Robinson was moved to HM Prison Winchester. Robinson told Jamie Bartlett, a director of the think tank Demos: "In Woodhill, I experienced Islam the gang. [...] In Winchester, I have experienced Islam the religion." Robinson made friends with several Muslim prisoners, referring to them as "great lads [...] I cannot speak highly enough of the Muslim inmates I'm now living with".[164] In June 2014, Robinson was released on licence. The terms of his early release included having no contact with the EDL until the end of his original sentence in June 2015.[164] He was due to talk to the Oxford Union in October 2014, but was recalled to prison before the event for breaching the terms of his licence.[165] He was ultimately released on 14 November 2014.[166]
Old 08-05-2019, 02:42 PM #43

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_...al_convictions

In April 2005, Robinson was convicted of assaulting an off-duty police officer who had intervened to protect Robinson's girlfriend from Robinson.[3][4][5] He was imprisoned for 12 months.[5][3]

In September 2011, at Preston Magistrates' Court, Robinson was convicted of assault for headbutting a man in Blackburn on 2 April 2011.[11][9] In November 2011, he was given a 12-week jail term, suspended for 12 months.[12]

False passport
In October 2012, Robinson was arrested and held on the charge of having entered the United States illegally. Robinson pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court to using someone else's passport to travel to the United States in September 2012, and was sentenced in January 2013 to 10 months' imprisonment.[14][15][158]

Robinson had used a passport in the name of Andrew McMaster to board a Virgin Atlantic flight from Heathrow to New York.[14] He had been banned from entering the US due to a drugs offence. When he arrived at New York's JFK Airport, customs officials who took his fingerprints realised he was not McMaster. He was asked to attend a second interview but left the airport, entering the US illegally. He stayed one night and returned to the UK the following day using his own legitimate passport – which bears the name Paul Harris.[13]

Judge Alistair McCreath told him: "What you did went absolutely to the heart of the immigration controls that the United States are entitled to have. It's not in any sense trivial."[14]

He was released on electronic tag on 22 February 2013.[159]

Fraud
In November 2012, Robinson was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by misrepresentation in relation to a mortgage application, along with five other defendants.[160] He pleaded guilty to two charges and in January 2014 was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment.[16][158]

Robinson's fraud amounted to Ł160,000 over a period of six months. Judge Andrew Bright QC described him as the "instigator, if not the architect" of a series of frauds totalling Ł640,000. "This was an operation which was fraudulent from the outset and involved a significant amount of forward planning." He described Robinson as a "fixer" who had introduced others to fraudulent mortgage broker Deborah Rothschild. Rothschild had assisted some defendants by providing fake pay slips and income details.[17]

Robinson was attacked by several fellow prisoners in HM Prison Woodhill.[161][162] Following news of the attack, Maajid Nawaz wrote to the Secretary of State for Justice, Chris Grayling, asking for Robinson's situation to be urgently addressed.[162][163] Shortly after this incident, Robinson was moved to HM Prison Winchester. Robinson told Jamie Bartlett, a director of the think tank Demos: "In Woodhill, I experienced Islam the gang. [...] In Winchester, I have experienced Islam the religion." Robinson made friends with several Muslim prisoners, referring to them as "great lads [...] I cannot speak highly enough of the Muslim inmates I'm now living with".[164] In June 2014, Robinson was released on licence. The terms of his early release included having no contact with the EDL until the end of his original sentence in June 2015.[164] He was due to talk to the Oxford Union in October 2014, but was recalled to prison before the event for breaching the terms of his licence.[165] He was ultimately released on 14 November 2014.[166]

Sure go back in time.
But now he is near to be the leader of
the pathetic UKIP after their current leader
runs away after the EU Elections.......................................
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:46 PM #44
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

he is a persistent criminal, what more needs to be said?
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:50 PM #45
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Sure go back in time.
But now he is near to be the leader of
the pathetic UKIP after their current leader
runs away after the EU Elections.......................................
He's turning up on the doorsteps of the journalists that criticise him today.

Arista why are you so invested in defending these kind of people? Don't you ever stop to wonder why?
Old 08-05-2019, 02:51 PM #46
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
he is a persistent criminal, what more needs to be said?
Only that no one should be assaulted. No one on the Left, no one on the Right... no one.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:52 PM #47
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

No-one would deny he's a thug and a criminal. I've not heard him say anything that's actually racist though, just anti-islam.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:58 PM #48
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
No-one would deny he's a thug and a criminal. I've not heard him say anything that's actually racist though, just anti-islam.
He's called Jews Hooknoses, he called a taxi driver a p**i. He's said plenty, and he's the former leader of the EDL which was based on the preservation and superiority of the "white race"
Old 08-05-2019, 03:04 PM #49
Banned

Banned

If he's following people around when they've told him no, having a milkshake tossed in his face is one of the lesser responses he could have baited from someone. I imagine if someone followed around some of Tommy's defenders like Tommy followed this guy around then they'd have responded with more than a bit of milk.

Everything to do with Tommy Robinson should be viewed with scepticism, he has a history of going out of his way to goad responses and then using them to push his narrative. By all accounts, it seems like this racist spotted someone with brown skin and wouldn't leave him alone until Tommy got the response he desired to fuel his victim hardon.

Someone with Tommy's history should not be believed unless there's unedited footage lying around that proves he's telling the truth. I doubt there is given that such footage would completely derail what he's trying to do.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:07 PM #50
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He's called Jews Hooknoses, he called a taxi driver a p**i. He's said plenty, and he's the former leader of the EDL which was based on the preservation and superiority of the "white race"
Oh I'd not heard of those instances before. I don't really care that much about him, he's just a little upstart who pops up in the news from time to time.

Didn't he he leave the EDL because it was too extreme? Wanting to protect the West from islamisation is understandable, I thought he was for that rather than preserving the "white race"?

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attacked, campaign, robinson, tommy, trail