Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2019, 09:38 PM   #26
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 15,887

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
He means it's a performance monkey

You think it's racism, that's your problems

Check yourself
Ah, so itís not the people committing the racismís fault, itís the fault of anyone that recognises that itís racism?

Try harder
__________________
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:43 PM   #27
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default

I know Danny Baker

What do you know?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:45 PM   #28
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 15,887

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
I know Danny Baker

What do you know?
That what he did was racist

Your turn
__________________
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:47 PM   #29
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
That what he did was racist

Your turn
No you think a baby monkey is racist because your mind is racist

It's sad
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:49 PM   #30
Tony Montana
I...am.... Iron Man.
 
Tony Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: A Galaxy far, far away
Posts: 12,399

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
BB19: Lewis F
IAC2018: Noel Edmonds
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
He means it's a performance monkey

You think it's racism, that's your problems

Check yourself
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:49 PM   #31
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 15,887

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
No you think a baby monkey is racist because your mind is racist

It's sad
Yikes, I donít know why I keep biting, do you fish? I imagine youíd be great at it
__________________
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #32
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
You don't know who Danny Baker is
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:51 PM   #33
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
this was such a bad attempt. you really need to get better at this.
Stop baiting
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:52 PM   #34
parmnion
User banned
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 24,868

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
No you think a baby monkey is racist because your mind is racist

It's sad
This.
__________________
-----------------


Just don't

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...&postcount=524
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:58 PM   #35
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,419

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East
CBB21: Shane Lynch
Strictly 2017: Alexandra Burke


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Stop baiting
Do you also think the H&M jumper with a black kid with a slogan saying "coolest monkey " is also NOT racist??? .
__________________
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:59 PM   #36
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Do you also think the H&M jumper with a black kid with a slogan saying "coolest monkey " is also NOT racist??? .
Yes I do
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:00 PM   #37
parmnion
User banned
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 24,868

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Do you also think the H&M jumper with a black kid with a slogan saying "coolest monkey " is also NOT racist??? .
That was probably designed for black mothers to stick 2 fingers up at racists to be fair.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:16 AM   #38
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 91,802
Default

Will the BBC sack him?


He has a Radio5 show
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:17 AM   #39
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 91,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
No you think a baby monkey is racist because your mind is racist

It's sad

The problem is the
baby is half caste
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-caste

Last edited by arista; 09-05-2019 at 04:44 AM.
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:13 AM   #40
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2019
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 39,076
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Will the BBC sack him?


He has a Radio5 show
Bloody hope so I hate that show
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
Who let you out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Josy
James
Neem
MTVN
Vicky
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:15 AM   #41
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2019
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 39,076
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
He means it's a performance monkey

You think it's racism, that's your problems

Check yourself
if that is what he meant, he really should have found a better way to portray it, I am sure he could have made his point without using a monkey and the obvious connotations
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
Who let you out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Josy
James
Neem
MTVN
Vicky
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:17 AM   #42
bitontheslide
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 20,125

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

If the majority think it was wrong they will make their voices heard. It will be interesting how the BBC responds to it.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:55 AM   #43
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default


Danny Baker
‏ @prodnose

Sorry my gag pic of the little fella in the posh outfit has whipped some up. Never occurred to me because, well, mind not diseased.
Soon as those good enough to point out it's possible connotations got in touch, down it came. And that's it. Now stand by for sweary football tweets
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:57 AM   #44
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
if that is what he meant, he really should have found a better way to portray it, I am sure he could have made his point without using a monkey and the obvious connotations

It was a genuine error of judgement and should be left at that
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:11 AM   #45
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2019
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 39,076
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
It was a genuine error of judgement and should be left at that

There have been 4 Royal births in recent years, and this was the only time he felt the need to tweet a picture with a monkey If it was a genuine error of judgement he really needs to engage brain, his radio programme will have a spike on Saturday morning to hear him grovelling...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
Who let you out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Josy
James
Neem
MTVN
Vicky
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:19 AM   #46
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
There have been 4 Royal births in recent years, and this was the only time he felt the need to tweet a picture with a monkey If it was a genuine error of judgement he really needs to engage brain, his radio programme will have a spike on Saturday morning to hear him grovelling...
No I listen to Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio 70s so no thanks
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:20 AM   #47
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default

And frank isnt a racist so..
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:25 AM   #48
Toy Soldier
#VoteTS2022 ✔️
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 17,917
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

Danny Baker
‏ @prodnose

Sorry my gag pic of the little fella in the posh outfit has whipped some up. Never occurred to me because, well, mind not diseased.
Soon as those good enough to point out it's possible connotations got in touch, down it came. And that's it. Now stand by for sweary football tweets
I mean his options are admitting to being racist, or admitting to being incredibly stupid. And I don't mean "A stupid slip up" - I mean "it's not safe to leave him alone in a room with a fork and a toaster" stupid.

Trying to make this "other people's problem for having racist minds waaah" is toddler behaviour though so maybe it is the latter.
__________________
"Sometimes the snow comes down in June
Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon
Just when I thought our chance had passed
You go and save the best for last...
You go and save the best for last."


Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:30 AM   #49
LeatherTrumpet
User banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 62,114


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I mean his options are admitting to being racist, or admitting to being incredibly stupid. And I don't mean "A stupid slip up" - I mean "it's not safe to leave him alone in a room with a fork and a toaster" stupid.

Trying to make this "other people's problem for having racist minds waaah" is toddler behaviour though so maybe it is the latter.
its all about intent isnt it and i think he is reacting to the twitter pitchfork brigade
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:35 AM   #50
bitontheslide
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 20,125

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

i think his intention was clear, and the whole thing was pre-planned including the excuse he would make. He wanted to stir it up a bit and he succeeded. Don't like the guy, never have, and he can go back into his box of obscurity as far as i'm concerned. I'm sure Meghan has had to deal with a lot more than that during her life.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
baby, baker, danny, posts, racist, royal, tweet

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:56 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts