Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 22-05-2019, 06:37 AM #101
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
this is it more than anything. Everyone is frustrated at the moment and they are going to do things that they don't normally do. No-one should be throwing anything, but I get angry at Farage all the time because beneath it all, Farage is a slimy, incompetent crook
...yeah he really has no interest in the country or in any way trying to ‘heal’ a country...he’s just all about the self gain and that will only make for an even worse situation...and he’s used very aggravating and inciting language himself in saying he would don a rifle if Brexit didn’t happen as well as how much he’s purposefully misled...?...it’s all a build up and although I don’t in any way condone...i can see why these things are now happening and how the public are being poked and prodded and if and when they react...?...it is then used to divide further and further...the only real victims here are the public...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 06:40 AM #102
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...yeah he really has no interest in the country or in any way trying to ‘heal’ a country...he’s just all about the self gain and that will only make for an even worse situation...and he’s used very aggravating and inciting language himself in saying he would don a rifle if Brexit didn’t happen as well as how much he’s purposefully misled...?...it’s all a build up and although I don’t in any way condone...i can see why these things are now happening and how the public are being poked and prodded and if and when they react...?...it is then used to divide further and further...the only real victims here are the public...
yes agree with all this, but I wish people would step back with the mob mentality and think about what they are doing and why they are doing it and the consequences of their actions, personally I just think this guy wanted his own 15 minutes of fame, not sure he had a huge political point to make either if I'm honest

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 06:53 AM #103
-

-

I still can't get over him referring to the milkshake guy as "radicalised" . Talki about playing to the average Farage / Brexit supporter... He's a couple of steps away from personally shuffling around the country on his knees, dropping Brexit voters' pants and going to town.

"A radicalised Remainuslim threw ISIS shake on my Britain!!!"
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 07:04 AM #104

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Nice image for my cornflakes...thank you TS.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 07:09 AM #105
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...but then TS..although not radicalisation...what would cause what seems like such an unassuming and non aggressive guy to throw the shake which is an aggressive act..?...this to me is the sad thing atm that the disenchantment of the average person is becoming more and more poked and prodded by these self gain politicians...
Old 22-05-2019, 07:16 AM #106
You know my methods

You know my methods

Nigel used that silly man's act to great effect and on Thursday he will have the last laugh. He really is the number 1 politician in the UK, whether you like him or not you have to admire him
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 07:20 AM #107
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...you don’t have to admire anyone../..politician..who places priority on his own gain...he comes and he goes riding on the ebb and flows of opportunity...an odious self indulgent ego, nothing to admire at all...all success he has will be his own personal success and not the country’s ...
Old 22-05-2019, 07:24 AM #108
You know my methods

You know my methods

He works 7 days a week from 7 to 10

for the good of others

admirable
Old 22-05-2019, 07:26 AM #109
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I guess some have very low or zero expectations of ‘admirable’......different folks../...different strokes etc...
Old 22-05-2019, 07:34 AM #110
You know my methods

You know my methods

no need to be rude
Old 22-05-2019, 07:39 AM #111
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post

I've nothing to add to this.
Excellent post.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 07:39 AM #112
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..there was nothing in my words that were rude as you know...(...just factual as to what a specific person’s interpretation of ‘admirable’ would be ...and some expectations would be very low indeed...)...different folks../...different strokes...
Old 22-05-2019, 07:46 AM #113
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Nigel used that silly man's act to great effect and on Thursday he will have the last laugh. He really is the number 1 politician in the UK, whether you like him or not you have to admire him
no, and he is far from number 1 politician in the UK, just a attention seeking loser who needs to retire from politics ASAP
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 09:56 AM #114
0_o

0_o

Yeah, calling the guy radicalized is a bit daft. If anythihg, he was just..an idiot who saw TV cameras and decided to try and get some attention by copying some other idiot who did the same and got attention. Mind, I do have to say the first guy who did it, it DID seem to be for a reason, as Robinson seemed to be..well baiting him in a way. Not that that makes it right, but its more understandable. This guy just ran over with a dumb smile on his face and thought he was oh so hilarious.

My main issue with this is, if it continues it WILL escalate, as people try to outdo each other. And regardless of how distasteful I find Robinsons and Farages views politicians and such should be able to canvass without stuff like this happening. I mean, what if a group of numpties all started copying the Corbyn being egged thing, and everytime he tried to do anything, some other idiot was there to do the same thing? Its just..all stupid and childish but I really do think it will escalate as these people see their actions applauded.

Finally, I do think that theres a little too much fuss being made, however it IS technically assault. I remember in BB, when some fans were screaming for Grace to be prosecuted for chucking water on Suzie. I disagreed with Corbyn being egged but also thought some people went OTT in basically making out he was hit on the head with a brick. This kind of thing will happen to politicians from time to time and I disagree with it regardless of who the 'victim' is, but this seems to be the new calling card of the left, given how many tiems its been copied over the week. And it kind of makes them look immature and yes, gains the likes of Farage and Robinson even more attention, which is what they crave. So, its not really doing the bad thing people reckon it is, as its playing into their hands.

All in all, a storm in a teacup, but with the potential of being much worse in the near future. And yes, its usually the far right who are violent, no arguing there, however, lefties can be. But honestly, the far left worries me as much as the far right at times!
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 22-05-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 10:03 AM #115
You know my methods

You know my methods

Tommy Robinson's bus had a brick thrown at it yesterday and a large group of Islamic thugs shouting "allah akbar" threw bricks at police, property, people and vehicles the other day.

no arrests were made and the MSM called the thugs a "counter demo" even though there was no demonstration to counter- just a candidate for the Euro elections campaigning.

Vicky is right, laugh and condone it - fail to report reality and it will escalate.
Old 22-05-2019, 10:04 AM #116
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yeah, calling the guy radicalized is a bit daft. If anythihg, he was just..an idiot who saw TV cameras and decided to try and get some attention by copying some other idiot who did the same and got attention. Mind, I do have to say the first guy who did it, it DID seem to be for a reason, as Robinson seemed to be..well baiting him in a way. Not that that makes it right, but its more understandable. This guy just ran over with a dumb smile on his face and thought he was oh so hilarious.

My main issue with this is, if it continues it WILL escalate, as people try to outdo each other. And regardless of how distasteful I find Robinsons and Farages views politicians and such should be able to canvass without stuff like this happening. I mean, what if a group of numpties all started copying the Corbyn being egged thing, and everytime he tried to do anything, some other idiot was there to do the same thing? Its just..all stupid and childish but I really do think it will escalate as these people see their actions applauded.

Finally, I do think that theres a little too much fuss being made, however it IS technically assault. I remember in BB, when some fans were screaming for Grace to be prosecuted for chucking water on Suzie. I disagreed with Corbyn being egged but also thought some people went OTT in basically making out he was hit on the head with a brick. This kind of thing will happen to politicians from time to time and I disagree with it regardless of who the 'victim' is, but this seems to be the new calling card of the left, given how many tiems its been copied over the week. And it kind of makes them look immature and yes, gains the likes of Farage and Robinson even more attention, which is what they crave. So, its not really doing the bad thing people reckon it is, as its playing into their hands.

All in all, a storm in a teacup, but with the potential of being much worse in the near future. And yes, its usually the far right who are violent, no arguing there, however, lefties can be. But honestly, the far left worries me as much as the far right at times!
...that’s the thing though isn’t it...’far’ is never good and is always going to be dangerous and divisive...whether it be far left or far right...sadly we don’t have anyone in politics atm who could bring us more toward the centre as a country and we need that more than ever since the referendum divided us...and the problem is, is Farage couldn’t be further removed from anything positive which would help us become more united...it’s all a very worrying time atm...
Old 22-05-2019, 10:41 AM #117
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Tommy Robinson's bus had a brick thrown at it yesterday and a large group of Islamic thugs shouting "allah akbar" threw bricks at police, property, people and vehicles the other day.

no arrests were made and the MSM called the thugs a "counter demo" even though there was no demonstration to counter- just a candidate for the Euro elections campaigning.

Vicky is right, laugh and condone it - fail to report reality and it will escalate.
oh i'm very aware of reality yeah, i know exactly what the sort of people Tommy, Nigel are and i'm myself smart enough Not to be any part of their support groups
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 10:47 AM #118
Banned

Banned

Quote:
What are the Brexit Party's policies? Their manifesto?
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 11:36 AM #119

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Eggs and flower and now milk thrown at politicians....this needs to stop cause someone will be getting battered next.q
Old 22-05-2019, 12:15 PM #120
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Interesting thread from one of george Bush's secret service protectors post 9/11.

Old 22-05-2019, 12:19 PM #121
You know my methods

You know my methods

17 tweets using 145 characters a time for one point?

that guy is using the wrong social media platform
Old 22-05-2019, 12:32 PM #122
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

i'll pass on your concerns. Nice to know you only pick on the medium and have zero to say about the content.

I actually disagree with him, but just adding the opinion of an expert in this matter.
Old 22-05-2019, 12:52 PM #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
What are the Brexit Party's policies? Their manifesto?

They are arriving
on the Labour Criminal
who caused a By Election
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...=353025&page=2

Last edited by arista; 22-05-2019 at 12:53 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 02:33 PM #124

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Is it true diane abbot threw some milkshake at herself............but missed.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:22 PM #125
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
They are arriving
on the Labour Criminal
who caused a By Election
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...=353025&page=2
That's nice but it's not an answer to what the question I asked.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
brexit, farage, march, milkshake, newcastle, nigel, party, thrown