Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Chat and Games Looking for forum games, and completely off topic banter - this is your place! (includes Virtual Big Brother type forum games)

Old 06-07-2019, 03:35 PM #51
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Wanna help me save the rhinos?
SherzyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:47 PM #52
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Have you ever met any celebrities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Oh yeah, you could definitely see the memory of his cock in her eyes
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:53 PM #53
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

What do you watch on tv?
Favourite film and show of the last year?
Books?
Your go to websites ?
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:08 PM #54
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
You mentioned your health and how it limits your life.
Tell more if you don't mind.
Have gone into this on multiple threads so I kind of worry people are sick of hearing it
Spoiler:

I used to get this weird problem, where every now and again I got this horrific stabbing type pain in the right side of my ribs, that was worse when I moved and kind of felt like a bearhug at the same time..this would persist for a few hours then lessen up. The first time I got it I actually called an ambulance as the chest pain part scared me a bit, they ecg d me and that and said my chest was fine, though diagnosed something called costochondritus. I have since found out that was a misdiagnosis as the pains in the wronf place to be that..

Anyway, this went on months, with the pain coming on average once a month, nothing seemed to trigger it, it was just random. I dealt with it by..well just dealing with it when it happened.

However, after I had my son the pain was near constant. And increasing in intensity also. I was unable to even move for long periods of time due to it, again nothing seemed to trigger it, nothing seems to ease it..just nothing makes any difference. Was put on strong painkillers eventually while investigations were done. Eventually a consultant decided that the pain might be being cause by gallstones. So I was booked in for a removal. Was told the risks were slight, but various things could go wrong. Usual stuff for operations. However, there were complications.. my terrible luck would obviously make it so. It seemed it was only a small ish problem, that the surgeon had cu the wrong place and I had a bile leak. A few days of drains would see me fine. The pain of the drains, it was horrific. Again it hurt to even move at all and it felt like something was eating into my insides constantly..and this was ontop of the usual rib pain, which had not been budged at all by the op. Hospital decided I had been in too long so tried to discharge me..said the drain things could be cut and I could deal with them at home. I was in an absolutely ridiculous amount of pain at this point and absolutely was in no state to go home, I was in tears, unable to stand..my husband blatantly refused to take me home like that too. So they gave a shot of morphine and went to ask for a second opinion. Second doctor came and took one look at me, and sent me back down for emergency surgery. They had to reopen the holes and do a total washout apparently, unsure what else they did (only found out about the surgery while complaining about my treatment..as one of the reports said I had surgery aswell as a washout) but they did something! Turned out the whole time after the failed op..I had been leaking bile from another place the surgeon has ****ed up..and basically my body was drowning in it and being burnt all over..and that if I had not had the second opinion and got the required treatment, had I gone home like they were trying to pressure me to do (alls fine, the ains normal, just deal with it etc) I would have died there that night. Which is lovely.

To cut a very long story short..after all this was done with, I then still had the drain feeling in my chest a lot of the time, along with more burny tpe pain pretty much all over my ribcage. And the original pain too which they tried to write off as 'phantom pain' now as apparently people with gallbladder issues sometimes still gt the gallstone pain even after having no gallbladder, same as people can 'feel' legs that have been amputated and that. Eventually they did decide that it was never caused by me gallbladder mind..but now blatantly refuse to continue investigations into what it actually is. I am convinced it has to be omething to do with hormones, given the pain went way completely the whole time I was pregnant, then came back with a vegeance a month of so afterwards. Its the only thing that makes any sense to me, but they laugh at me for the suggestion

Basically, I now have both the stabbing/knifetwisting/bearhug type pain in my ribcage near constantly (sometimes get a few hours letup, where pain totally goes away for a bit, but it always comes back after some time..usually like 4-5 hours) along with the nerve damage from the failed operation. Honestly, the mix of them has me totally incapacitated a lot of the time. Medication helps somewhat, but it has its own issues, for example the pregablin I take for the nerve pain is quite effective, but it makes me weird and 'dreamy', quite unbalanced and also makes me sleepwalk! I take large amounts of palexia these days for the rib pain. I take 400mg a day, which according to my doctors is the equvialant of 200mg or morphine.

Which is odd. Because I was on 80mg a day of oramorph, then pain clinic started bull****ting on about how that was a dangerously high dose and started saying I needed to half it. At that stage I switched pain clinics as it was clear they were taking the piss tbh, thinking I could just half my pain meds and not have it effect my life in a very very negative way. Other pain clinic took me off oramorph completely and put me onto palexia. It appears, my GPs do not realise palexia is an opiate, as they have no problem prescribing huge doses..despite them also listening to the other pain clinic (I am convinced they were told their budget was cut so were trying to save cash, only thing that makes sense) who were saying that even 80mg a day of morphine was so so dangerous. However, in switching me from oramorph to palexia, they have more than doubled my morphine dose, from 80mg a day to 200mg! Which has helped considerably, but I am dreading when they click on to it and start taking this off me mind..

Another essay, but yeah. Pain issues still plague me like ****, even on 200mg morphine a day. Its quite effective for the rib pain mind..but only for short periods of time whilst its working, inbetween hours are still horrific. But luckily, I can usually work out how to go out with the kids and that. Work it around my morphine doses. Or sometimes, just take double dose while out..as long as its not a regular thing its fine. So I have a vague semblence of a life at the min, but only until the GP realises that they have me on a higher opiate dose than before

[Spoilering as massive and some will find it just..more going over old ground]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherzyK View Post
Wanna help me save the rhinos?
Sure, how?
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:12 PM #55
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

favourite holiday destination
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:19 PM #56
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
Have you ever met any celebrities?
Not really, unless BB housemates count as 'celebrites' I knew Charlie from bb10. Was someone in my drinking circle. Also vaguely knew Anthony from bb6, in a 'seen him when out and said hi once or twice' way. And Alex from bb12..was one of my sisters close friends too.

But actual celebs, nope.
Quote:
What do you watch on tv?
I don't watch TV as such, but on netflix at the min am watching spartacus. Have seen it before but on rewatch as have nowt new to see at the min. Just finished watching how to get away with murder which was fantastic. Also just finiushed gotham, which I didn't think I would like but loved. Watching the handmaids tale as it comes out (seems sporadic..) too.
Quote:
Favourite film and show of the last year?
Wow, I literally can think of no films from last year at all. Have been to see aladdin this year though which was alright. I don't really do films these days, only ones that we take the kids to see really.

Show - in the same boat. I don't watch TV shows now that theres no BB. I didn't even watch BB properly in the final seasons tbh.

Quote:
Books?
Game of thrones books are my current obsession Rereading them which is taking ages and ages but well worth it, the details in them is incerdible and so much better than the show. Besides that, my bookshelf is basically filled with trueblood books, vampire diaries, dexter and buffy
Quote:
Your go to websites ?
Mumsnet is my go to site for most stuff. Its odd, as I always had a 'ew mumsnet, all about prams!' reaction to there, however I had never actually read anything on there to form that opinion..so the opinion came from others it seems. As it turns out, theres next to no discussion of 'mums' stuff. Its just a website mainly populated by women, discussing all things in life..politics, feminism, news stories, tv, whatever. I actually cannot believe I turned my nose up at it for so long, without even ever checking it out

Tibb would be my second choice. Used to be the first page I checked for everything. Not at the min, hopefully will get back to there.

Also when very bored, I still go on neopets I have mentioned this before. Its such an odd site these days, as it was created for college kids years back, but now, the players are all pretty much adults, on a site thats clearly designed for kids, especially since nickelodean bought it. Feels odd sometimes tbh, but its so bloody addictive I still check it every now and again as don't want to see my items go to waste..
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:22 PM #57
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
favourite holiday destination
That I have actually been to, Lanzaote. We are possibly overdoing it at the min though as been every year for a fair few years now. But always seems the only affordable place thats decent weather (we go in like..March or November ish, when prices are not too bad). I guess the other canaries are an option too but they seem a lot more cash...so Lanzarote it is.

Dream, Thailand or Barbados, maybe one day
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-07-2019, 04:23 PM #58
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Any phobias you have?

Quote:
Old 06-07-2019, 04:23 PM #59
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Top 5 favourite Game of Thrones characters

Quote:
Old 06-07-2019, 04:24 PM #60
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Top 5 least favourite Game of Thrones characters?

Quote:
Old 06-07-2019, 04:24 PM #61
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Have gone into this on multiple threads so I kind of worry people are sick of hearing it
Spoiler:

I used to get this weird problem, where every now and again I got this horrific stabbing type pain in the right side of my ribs, that was worse when I moved and kind of felt like a bearhug at the same time..this would persist for a few hours then lessen up. The first time I got it I actually called an ambulance as the chest pain part scared me a bit, they ecg d me and that and said my chest was fine, though diagnosed something called costochondritus. I have since found out that was a misdiagnosis as the pains in the wronf place to be that..

Anyway, this went on months, with the pain coming on average once a month, nothing seemed to trigger it, it was just random. I dealt with it by..well just dealing with it when it happened.

However, after I had my son the pain was near constant. And increasing in intensity also. I was unable to even move for long periods of time due to it, again nothing seemed to trigger it, nothing seems to ease it..just nothing makes any difference. Was put on strong painkillers eventually while investigations were done. Eventually a consultant decided that the pain might be being cause by gallstones. So I was booked in for a removal. Was told the risks were slight, but various things could go wrong. Usual stuff for operations. However, there were complications.. my terrible luck would obviously make it so. It seemed it was only a small ish problem, that the surgeon had cu the wrong place and I had a bile leak. A few days of drains would see me fine. The pain of the drains, it was horrific. Again it hurt to even move at all and it felt like something was eating into my insides constantly..and this was ontop of the usual rib pain, which had not been budged at all by the op. Hospital decided I had been in too long so tried to discharge me..said the drain things could be cut and I could deal with them at home. I was in an absolutely ridiculous amount of pain at this point and absolutely was in no state to go home, I was in tears, unable to stand..my husband blatantly refused to take me home like that too. So they gave a shot of morphine and went to ask for a second opinion. Second doctor came and took one look at me, and sent me back down for emergency surgery. They had to reopen the holes and do a total washout apparently, unsure what else they did (only found out about the surgery while complaining about my treatment..as one of the reports said I had surgery aswell as a washout) but they did something! Turned out the whole time after the failed op..I had been leaking bile from another place the surgeon has ****ed up..and basically my body was drowning in it and being burnt all over..and that if I had not had the second opinion and got the required treatment, had I gone home like they were trying to pressure me to do (alls fine, the ains normal, just deal with it etc) I would have died there that night. Which is lovely.

To cut a very long story short..after all this was done with, I then still had the drain feeling in my chest a lot of the time, along with more burny tpe pain pretty much all over my ribcage. And the original pain too which they tried to write off as 'phantom pain' now as apparently people with gallbladder issues sometimes still gt the gallstone pain even after having no gallbladder, same as people can 'feel' legs that have been amputated and that. Eventually they did decide that it was never caused by me gallbladder mind..but now blatantly refuse to continue investigations into what it actually is. I am convinced it has to be omething to do with hormones, given the pain went way completely the whole time I was pregnant, then came back with a vegeance a month of so afterwards. Its the only thing that makes any sense to me, but they laugh at me for the suggestion

Basically, I now have both the stabbing/knifetwisting/bearhug type pain in my ribcage near constantly (sometimes get a few hours letup, where pain totally goes away for a bit, but it always comes back after some time..usually like 4-5 hours) along with the nerve damage from the failed operation. Honestly, the mix of them has me totally incapacitated a lot of the time. Medication helps somewhat, but it has its own issues, for example the pregablin I take for the nerve pain is quite effective, but it makes me weird and 'dreamy', quite unbalanced and also makes me sleepwalk! I take large amounts of palexia these days for the rib pain. I take 400mg a day, which according to my doctors is the equvialant of 200mg or morphine.

Which is odd. Because I was on 80mg a day of oramorph, then pain clinic started bull****ting on about how that was a dangerously high dose and started saying I needed to half it. At that stage I switched pain clinics as it was clear they were taking the piss tbh, thinking I could just half my pain meds and not have it effect my life in a very very negative way. Other pain clinic took me off oramorph completely and put me onto palexia. It appears, my GPs do not realise palexia is an opiate, as they have no problem prescribing huge doses..despite them also listening to the other pain clinic (I am convinced they were told their budget was cut so were trying to save cash, only thing that makes sense) who were saying that even 80mg a day of morphine was so so dangerous. However, in switching me from oramorph to palexia, they have more than doubled my morphine dose, from 80mg a day to 200mg! Which has helped considerably, but I am dreading when they click on to it and start taking this off me mind..

Another essay, but yeah. Pain issues still plague me like ****, even on 200mg morphine a day. Its quite effective for the rib pain mind..but only for short periods of time whilst its working, inbetween hours are still horrific. But luckily, I can usually work out how to go out with the kids and that. Work it around my morphine doses. Or sometimes, just take double dose while out..as long as its not a regular thing its fine. So I have a vague semblence of a life at the min, but only until the GP realises that they have me on a higher opiate dose than before

Sure, how?
Thanks for that. I'll reply in a pm
Old 06-07-2019, 04:37 PM #62
User banned

User banned

What you blood sugar level
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:42 PM #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Spoiler:

Sure, how?

That sounds horrific Vic, have you tried weed to manage the pain,? Or any other alternative therapies?
Old 06-07-2019, 04:52 PM #64
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Any phobias you have?
Emetophobia (fear of vomit) is my only phobia. Not a good combination with young kids Luckily, when they have been ill, Gavin has been here to sort it. I have absolutely no idea how I would sort it if he was out..but I guess I wuld have to
Quote:
Top 5 favourite Game of Thrones characters
Tyrion
Arya
Tormund
Davos
Olenna Tyrell
Quote:
Top 5 least favourite Game of Thrones characters?
Joffrey
Ramsey
Greyworm (non idea why..just cannot stand him )
Theon
Margaery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael21 View Post
What you blood sugar level
When I have taken it previously, usually like 3 or so. Dint have one of the machine things to check now, but presumably that, mind I have had nowt to eat today yet because of pain so..might be lower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
That sounds horrific Vic, have you tried weed to manage the pain,? Or any other alternative therapies?
Smoking weed seems to help. However with the kids..I don't feel comfortable smoking it constantly, especially as I get high really easily for some reason. Thats my go to solution if they are at grandads or something though, as it helps a lot.

Cannabis oils I have tried have made no difference at all.

Have been advised to try something called kratom, but it seems that gets people high too

Stuck between a rock and a hard place really. A few things do help, but I cannot realistically do them with young kids. So just have to attempt to deal with it the best I can with prescription drugs :/
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-07-2019, 06:01 PM #65
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Is parenthood all it's cracked up to be?
Are you Vicky first and then a mother or the other way round?
Old 06-07-2019, 06:03 PM #66

Have you met any TiBB members in real life?
Old 06-07-2019, 06:03 PM #67

If there was a TiBB meet up, would you go?
Old 06-07-2019, 06:16 PM #68
0_o

0_o

Quote:
If there was a TiBB meet up, would you go?
If there was one where there was not too much travel involved, probably. Oddly, would probably be nervous though, which I don't tend to get..
Quote:
Have you met any TiBB members in real life?
Nope.
Quote:
Is parenthood all it's cracked up to be?
Umm, I don't really know how to answer that as not sure what its cracked up to be

Its certainly not easy, and not without its downfalls..for sure. Though, I was bollocked on facebook by some cock a few days back for complaining about the kids being demons. Apparently parents are never allowed to moan about their kids going mad, because some people are infertile and others cannot see their kids Apparently children are a blessing, and negative times should not happen nor be spoken about, only good things (plus, I have no right to moan, as I 'opened my legs and made it happen'..was his words). The guy who said this..has a child who he does not see, through his own choices. His brother is in the same boat, but has multiple kids who he neither bothers with nor supports. So for him to criticize me..it took a lot of strength to not go to town on him and his ridiculous post
Quote:
Are you Vicky first and then a mother or the other way round?
I would like to say Vicky first, but its generally the other way around thse days, I think it has to be really. When kids are elswwhere it fairly easy to go back to being me but..thats rare. Its really odd I think, being a parent, its like there are two different versions of you.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-07-2019, 06:55 PM #69
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Omg that guy. Surprised you managed to hold back

But thank you, you answered my vague questions.

Your favourite tibb members past and present?

Who do you like reading in SD?

Who would you like to post more?

Your favourite tibb eccentric?
Old 06-07-2019, 07:18 PM #70
0_o

0_o

Quote:

Your favourite tibb members past and present?
Thats so hard as there are many..and also as answering this properly would be used against me at some point I will go with niamh, and missittyfantastico. I know she has not posted in years, but I <34 her.

Quote:
Who do you like reading in SD?
Jamie876 (or some number combo), Jack and ToySoldier (in threads not about male violence ) I think if pushed for names. People who tend to put thought into their posts and..post more than one word replies. And are not afraid of voicing alternative opinions to the 'accepted view' at times, but generally respectfully too. Anyone who fits that in SD..I like reading.

Quote:
Who would you like to post more?
Jamie and Jack, obviously. Also Shaun, tends to not post much these days where hes always been a forum staple tbh.

Quote:
Your favourite tibb eccentric?
Arista..obviously
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 06-07-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:22 PM #71
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

How was your time in prison?

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:23 PM #72
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..Vicky...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:24 PM #73
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...what makes you happy../...the happiest..?...
Old 06-07-2019, 07:24 PM #74
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...the best day of your life...?...
Old 06-07-2019, 07:25 PM #75
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...did you laugh out loud today..?...

Bookmark/share this topic