Notices

Love Island ITV2's reality show, Love Island, presented by Laura Whitmore.

Old 30-07-2019, 12:20 PM #1

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):

Default My personal rankings and thoughts on the Love Islanders Series 5! (Full Rank Up)

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=344101

I'm sure you are all DESPERATE for me to do this again this year following last year's ROARING success due to everybody LOVING my opinions so here it is!

I'll be posting the ranking in the correct order this year lmao instead of going in numerical order and spoiling the whole thing!

Last edited by Cal.; 30-07-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 12:31 PM #2

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

36-31

Spoiler:

36. Ovie Soko

I’m sure people are going to have a problem with this but I really couldn’t stand how Ovie was forced on me so much by the show and by the audience/Twitter/forums etc when he was really boring and irrelevant? Why was he hyped up so much when he did nothing interesting at all? He would literally put on annoying voices and talk to himself whilst he was alone and everybody lapped it up as if he was amazing. He and India literally only got far because of him which is annoying because I MUCH preferred her and that’s that on that really.

35. Amy Hart

Oh my god she was possibly one of the most irritating islanders ever? I hated the way she spoke and the way she would swan around the villa like she was superior for most of her stint when she was with a bloke that presumably didn’t even fancy her and just stuck with her until something better came along. I thought she was horrible to Lucie and was probably jealous of her being the superior pretty blonde! I screamed when Lucie pelted her with food in the food fight and reduced her to tears lmao. She was TOO sensitive and took it all far too seriously. Her exit was sad mind but wasn’t worth all the hype in the end and I hope she doesn’t join Loose Women as I’m sick of her!

34. Danny Williams

WE DISLIKE him for his horrible treatment of Yewande? Who DID he think he was? He was one half of the worst couple of the series (with Arabella) and I hated watching them especially considering the way they started out and it was all for nothing in the end because he ditched her when she left and went for Jourdan LOL. He managed to be infuriatingly annoying whilst also being painfully irrelevant in his later weeks on the show and I was glad to see him get the BOOT following Casa Amor.

33. Arabella Chi

Before I start slagging her off I will say Arabella was one of the prettiest islanders this year and she looked promising at first. BUT. She was also very irritating and grating. ‘Girls could we NOT whisper?’ SHUT UP. I can’t believe Danny picked her over Yewande and it was all for nothing like I’ve already stated because he ended up ditching her herself when she was dumped and moved onto Jourdan in Casa Amor. Oop! You lose ‘em how you get ‘em, chick!

32. Curtis Pritchard

A weird low placing one for me because I’ve literally been campaigning for him to win the whole show the past couple of weeks but that was down to who he was coupled up with. I thought he was very sleazy and annoying and I didn’t find him funny one bit. His best moments either involved Maura or involved him protesting that he could not stay in the bed with his partner because he had to go and make coffee for the rest of the islanders which was hilarious, but I wasn’t laughing with him I wasn’t laughing at him! I think he was a fake (although most people on Love Island were) and was just behaving in a way with Amy/Maura which he thought would get the public on side but ultimately I think both women ended up being far more popular than him himself.

31. Joe Garratt

I thought he was just a bit of a creep really. His behaviour around Lucie was weird and I found him to be really unlikeable and its kind of scary that a woman’s charity felt the need to speak out about the way he acted during his stint in the villa, which prompted production to engineer a twist to literally kick him out of the door and get him away from Lucie. I think he walked in expecting to win so I’m glad that he only lasted like a fortnight before getting the chop and I haven’t really heard anything else from him since. BUT he wasn’t there for that long and didn’t annoy me THAT much so he has been spared the dreaded bottom five.
Old 30-07-2019, 12:39 PM #3
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

NOT Ovie last!
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 12:40 PM #4
slé

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Julie
RPDR UK 2: Tayce
slé

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Julie
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

That bottom 2?
Old 30-07-2019, 12:42 PM #5

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Ovie below Curtis and Danny? I have to laugh.
Firewire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 12:46 PM #6
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Bye @ you placing Ovie last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Oh yeah, you could definitely see the memory of his cock in her eyes
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 01:03 PM #7
A great thief

A great thief

Ovie & Joe robbed

Old 30-07-2019, 01:05 PM #8

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):

Good choices, Curtis was one of the worst reality contestants ever, and Amy was a pathetic figure

Last edited by Daniel.; 30-07-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 01:07 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

30-25

Spoiler:

30. Sherif Lanre

Sherif was really boring and the most interesting thing about him was the day it was announced he’d been kicked out (which we later found out was because he’d jokingly kicked Molly-Mae in the fanny and said it was a **** punt or something bizarre idk) and all sort of reasons were cropping up as to why including him masturbating in the Hideaway jacuzzi, punching Anton and refusing to get out of bed. That’s all I remember of him.

29. Stevie Bradley

Stevie Bradley was a contestant on Love Island 2019. I remember him snogging Lucie and everything calling him Curtis’ gay lover. Boring and irrelevant Casa Amor boot!

28. Dan Rose

Dan Rose was a contestant on Love Island 2019 and he was fit. That’s literally all I can say.

27. Nabila Badda

Nabila Badda was a contestant on Love Island 2019 and was probably the least shown of the lot. Nowt to say!

26. Maria Wild

So irrelevant that people didn’t know who she was when a club announced she was doing a PA there. Nothing else to say of her as I literally don’t know an inch of her personality.

25. Lavena Back

Queen of threatening to steal the original girls’ men and then failing to do so I guess! One to like in an ironic way but I can’t allow her to continue in the ranking unfortunately!
Old 30-07-2019, 01:07 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
NOT Ovie last!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleleen View Post
That bottom 2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewire View Post
Ovie below Curtis and Danny? I have to laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
Bye @ you placing Ovie last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
Ovie & Joe robbed

DEAL WIV IT!

(Thanks for reading ladies! <3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Good choices, Curtis was one of the worst reality contestants ever, and Amy was a pathetic figure
Thanks chic! x
Old 30-07-2019, 01:38 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

24-19

Spoiler:

24. George Rains

George was again quite irrelevant, but I thought he was really fit which makes me like him more than other Casa Amor newbies. I screamed when he and Marvin were finished by Lucie and Maura respectively at the exact time and then Maura called him boring lmao!

23. Dennon Lewis

I quite liked Dennon whilst he was in Casa Amor (and his snogs with Maura REALLY got me hot under the collar) and I remember being disappointed that she chose to bring Marvin back to her villa with her over him but ultimately I quite liked Marvin so all’s well that ends well I guess!

22. Jourdan Riane

I expected so much more from Jourdan than we got due to her Casa Amor stint. She came across as a fiery little minx and I loved the way she turned Curtis down despite him wrecking his entire relationship for her but once she came to the villa and coupled up with Danny we barely saw anything of her and they were dumped a few days later. I hated the way she was smirking when I think it was Amber (?) walked back in and discovered Michael had dumped her for Joanna (?), mind. She was gorgeous too!

21. Callum Macleod

Aw I really did like Callum and although I liked Amber I felt bad for him because of the way she sort of cast him aside and treated him in the first place. He was a nice guy and a lot better than some of the horrors we have seen in there that I have previously mentioned and so I would have loved to have seen more of the chick but alas he was the dreaded first boot of the series.

20. Jordan Hames

It’s probably controversial of me to have him so high but for the most part of the series, I liked Jordan and Anna’s story line. He came in as the right guy for her and was really respectful when she brought back Ovie (although he could have been honest that he’d shared the bed with Jourdan) which I liked considering the show and the audience seemed to act like she’d done something horrible and then I enjoyed watching them grow closer once again. However, we all know what happened in the final week and I thought he was a right snake for what he did to our Anna, although he get his just desserts in the end being ridiculed by the girls. If that hadn’t have happened he’d probably have been much, much higher.

19. Michael Griffiths

I hated the way Michael treated Amber and Joanna following on from Casa Amor, don’t get me wrong, but there’s just a part of me which really wanted to like him? He was such a lovely guy in the initial weeks and I thought he had great chemistry with both Amber and Yewande, but then of course it all fell apart when he went to Casa Amor and ditched Amber for Joanna and then proceeded to blame Amber for everything, call her CHALDISH at every opportunity and really not take any accountability for his own actions. Following on from that, he refused to even give Amber the time of day even though she’d done NOTHING to him, until Joanna left and he showed his true colours by refusing to leave with her. THEN he had the audacity to try and go back to Amber and I found it utterly cringeworthy when he tried to suggest he had liked Amber all along and had meant to her when he said he had found what he was looking for. However, I’ll admit that when Amber had to make her final decision between Michael and Greg, I was sort of hoping she’d pick Michael because I really used to love watching them again. He could have saved himself a very embarrassing final week in the villa if he had just saved face and walked home with Joanna after the Island Club episode. His reaction to Amber winning is like ironically funny as well lol. Also he was very fit.
Old 30-07-2019, 01:46 PM #12
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Seen number 36 and idc to read the rest. Bye x
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 03:09 PM #13
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
36-31

You lose ‘em how you get ‘em, chick!
my lawyers will be in touch x
armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 03:11 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstar View Post
Seen number 36 and idc to read the rest. Bye x
I don't want to agree but I kind of do
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 03:16 PM #15

Get Joanna and Tom OUT!

(I would've included Anton but I just know he's getting that top 5 placing I won't be able to understand)

Last edited by Epic.; 30-07-2019 at 03:18 PM.
Old 30-07-2019, 03:26 PM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

1. Anna
2. Maura
3. Amber
4. Molly
5. Tom

My faves

Last edited by Daniel.; 30-07-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 03:59 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

18-13

Spoiler:

18. Marvin Brooks

I thought that Martin was just starting to come into his own when he was dumped from the villa. I initially thought that he was a boring Casa Amor dud (but he was bloody gorgeous I must say) who hangs around for a couple of weeks but after being double dumped by Maura and Lucie with George (lmao), he seemed to grow a bit more of a personality but obviously Francesca chose Curtis and Maura decided to give Chris a chance since he’d had far less time in the show than Marvin had done. His revelations on Aftersun that he was using both Maura and Francesca to stay in the show make me think that given more time or put in earlier than Casa Amor, he could have become a more Theo type character whom we all would have loved!

17. Francesca Allen

I’m pretty sure I only liked Francesca to begin with because she reminded me of Ruby Allen from EastEnders lmao but then she stole Maura’s man and I couldn’t stand her for a while. However ultimately she’s just a harmless cute mid series girlie who yet again probably would have done better had she come in earlier instead of being part of one of the last sets of newbies late on in the series. I think she was just dealt a few crap hands with Curtis dumping her for Maura and her having to settle for Michael who at that point was the most disliked islander causing her to be dumped from the island. I also SCREAMED @ her calling Caroline a dirty pedo when she was like 16 and Caroline still disliking her to this day for it and blanking her on Aftersun.

16. Tom Walker

I am dead against what Tom did to Maura that night about the hideaway situation but I can’t deny that the weeks he was in the villa wouldn’t have been the same without him. He was possibly one of the most awkward islanders we’ve had and despite being drop dead gorgeous just continued to say the wrong things at the wrong time to the wrong people <3 Him slagging Maura off and it getting back to her causing her to scream in his face that he was A ****ING COWARD and was playing a game and was an arsehole as he sat there baffled eating fruit in the middle of the afternoon was a HOWL. Him also repeating to Maura what he said about her when she asked when he could have quickly denied it as well lmao. I thought they were a really good looking and fiery couple but I just don’t think it was meant to be.

15. Tommy Fury

I don’t think Tommy has a bad bone in his body but I can’t say that he wasn’t set up to win it from the offset because of who he is and what he stands for in the age of reality TV we have today and would have absolutely stormed it if it wasn’t for the Fiat 500s claiming Amber for their own and being adamant that Molly Mae was after the 50k. He was a big character throughout the series and I don’t think I appreciated whilst it was on that we could have had it a lot worse this year in terms of the role Tommy was cast in and played (Jon Clark and Jack Fincham anybody?) and so I’m thankful he wasn’t a complete and utter tool. He was faithful to Molly Mae after their initial wobble with Anton/Danny/Maura/Lucie and so I can’t fault him for that and ultimately I think they were deserving of their second place. My favourite Tommy moments come from the hilarious duo of Lucie and Maura mind and their unsuccessful attempts to snatch him from Molly Mae though lmao<3

14. Greg O’Shea

This man IS sex personified. What a STUD. I’m so happy he came in and whisked our Amber off of her feet! I can’t believe the last islander to walk in though managed to win the whole thing less than a fortnight after arriving though lol<3 A complete accidental winning king! I thought he was a great guy and I’m happy that he gave Amber what she deserved after what she went through all series with Michael. It’s like the producers hatched him out of an egg especially for her, and after Nathan from series 2, he’s probably my favourite male winner!

13. India Reynolds

India and Greg before her stories are quite similar in the sense that they entered destined for a popular islander without a partner in Ovie and Amber respectively and made it to the final because of the person they were coupled up with. However, I much preferred India to Ovie and I thought she was very sweet and likeable. She didn’t snake either Anna or Ovie when Jordan came to her to confess his feelings for her and was straight up with Jordan that she would only ever be mates with him as she really liked Ovie. I love how she strutted in looking for a few 100k Instagram followers and a good time and accidentally finished in third place lmao<3 I do hold the opinion, mind, that whoever out of her and Harley coupled up with Ovie would have placed highly and it was nothing to do with whatever they did during their time in the villa.

Last edited by Cal.; 30-07-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 30-07-2019, 04:00 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
Get Joanna and Tom OUT!

(I would've included Anton but I just know he's getting that top 5 placing I won't be able to understand)
Old 30-07-2019, 04:02 PM #19
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise

Joanna still in
SherzyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 04:03 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

12-11

Spoiler:

12. Harley Brash

I wasn’t the BIGGEST fan of Harley but I like her more than everybody beneath her and so she gets a high placing. I thought she was perfectly nice, fine and pretty enough and got too much unwarranted hate on social media and the forums due to her looks and actions. It wasn’t as if she was this massive Love Island bitch, but everybody seemed to act like she was. I really enjoyed her and Chris’ relationship for as little as we saw it. I think they had a budding connection and had it not been so late on in the series could have had the potential to win the public over and go further but unfortunately for them they were one of the newest and least liked at a stage where it’s critical to be popular in order to survive the public vote and so they couldn’t stay.

11. Joanna Chimonides

One of the most gorgeous islanders this year, Joanna really stood out to me and I couldn’t help but like her even though most people could just not take to her. Due to being the other woman brought into the villa after the Casa Amor twist, she was never going to be the public’s cup of tea, but unlike Kaz the year before, I think she just wasn’t warm and nice enough to win the viewers over and didn’t seem to contribute that much to the villa besides sulking with Michael about Amber and talking to the other Casa Amor girls. However, I really liked her and I enjoyed her standing up for herself in the Island Club episode when Michael wasn’t going to leave her and I’m happy she left and told him to sort of dig his own grave. I do feel like she was unfairly judged by viewers due to her portrayal in the editing, as she said on Aftersun that she and Amber were actually quite good friends but we did not see that. She needs to not go and be kissing Michael and getting the pictures printed in the papers though as it’s making her look like a mug!
Old 30-07-2019, 04:04 PM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherzyK View Post
Joanna still in
Oops sorry chick!

Top 10 coming later tonight!

Still in: (in alphabetical order)

Amber
Anna
Anton
Belle
Chris
Elma
Lucie
Maura
Molly-Mae
Yewande
Old 30-07-2019, 04:07 PM #22

Aw I loved Harley<3333. I still stand by my belief her and Chris have potential to be a couple that lasts cause they did have some chemistry and similarities/differences to each other that makes for a lovely couple and she was one of my favorites out of the people only there for a short amount of time
Old 30-07-2019, 04:08 PM #23
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

I mean I don't watch this WHATSOEVER but your review is a scream but problematic because you seem to have more to say about the ones you hated than the ones you found boring so SURELY they should be swapped around? /Jack_
Old 30-07-2019, 04:09 PM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
I mean I don't watch this WHATSOEVER but your review is a scream but problematic because you seem to have more to say about the ones you hated than the ones you found boring so SURELY they should be swapped around? /Jack_
Yeah I HATED them so had lots to say about how I HATED them but the boring ones I HATED less cos they didn't do much but I have nowt to say about them because they're BORING.
Old 30-07-2019, 04:09 PM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
Aw I loved Harley<3333. I still stand by my belief her and Chris have potential to be a couple that lasts cause they did have some chemistry and similarities/differences to each other that makes for a lovely couple and she was one of my favorites out of the people only there for a short amount of time
Agreed!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
full, islanders, love, personal, rank, rankings, series, thoughts