Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB8 Big Brother 8 was won by Brian Belo. Post about 2007's series here.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:33 PM #1

Default Get Charlie out

I think that Channel 4 should remove Charlie from the House too she described herself as a N****R and used the word on more than one occasion. Its racist to throw a white girl out for it when a Black girl is allowed to get away with it.
alp882 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:35 PM #2
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Where is your evidence? Are we to just trust you?
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:44 PM #3

MY evidence is the fact that I watched it and Charlie said "I can say ******, because I am a ******" watch it for yourself. Its an outrage the fact that white ppl cant use that word, when it's deemed ok for a black person to say it.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:49 PM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
Where is your evidence? Are we to just trust you?
he doesn't need facts it's turned into a white against black issue for some. i don't know why as a black/asian woman black people are less respected than asian people. i know if emily had said push it out you p*** there would be no debate people would just want her out sad but true. to me everyone is equal.
sunlight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:51 PM #5

Quote:
Originally posted by alp882
MY evidence is the fact that I watched it and Charlie said "I can say ni**er, because I am a ******" watch it for yourself. Its an outrage the fact that white people cant use that word, when it's deemed ok for a black person to say it.
in america some white people call each white t**** all the time. do u watch talk shows.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:52 PM #6

I agree with you everyone is equal. So people shouldn't be making it Ok for one person to be allowed to say a word and not the other.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:57 PM #7

Quote:
I agree with you everyone is equal. So people shouldn't be making it Ok for one person to be allowed to say a word and not the other.
saying to someone of another race and saying it about yourself can't be seen as the same thing. my god a four year old would understand this better than some here. and by the way if she had said p**** to nicky would your reaction have been different. some asian people call each that as well.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:59 PM #8

I don't think Charley should be removed. I don't remember hearing charley say that particular word at all.. other than the night in question.. I may well be wrong.. happens often but she should not leave for responding to something someone else said firstly.
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:00 PM #9
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):
BB12 USA: Rachel
Dancing on Ice 2010: Danniella
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):
BB12 USA: Rachel
Dancing on Ice 2010: Danniella

She did say the word but it was AFTER emily said it so they thought it was right to remove the person who initiated the conversation which included the word.
Ruth*Star is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:00 PM #10
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Haven't we had this debate?
Old 08-06-2007, 03:06 PM #11

[quote]Originally posted by sunlight
Quote:
saying to someone of another race and saying it about yourself can't be seen as the same thing.(/quote)

what a load of rubbish if you can say it about yourself, then your saying thats what you are, and that what she did, so why cant you be called that by another race.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:11 PM #12
Banned

Banned

I think it would be very considerate to allow this issue to pass. The double standard has been realised, and Emily has been ejected despite Charley being allowed to stay, but it is in the interests of public understanding that this happens.

This debate is only possible because of the double standard, and at the moment, it is relatively controlled and in favour of the minority which has been offended. I think it's absolutely necessary for all races to stand up for their rights to equality, and with Charley representing an ethnic minority, I think the double standard helps her achieve some semblance of equality.
the_chosen_one is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:14 PM #13
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by the_chosen_one
I think it would be very considerate to allow this issue to pass. The double standard has been realised, and Emily has been ejected despite Charley being allowed to stay, but it is in the interests of public understanding that this happens.

This debate is only possible because of the double standard, and at the moment, it is relatively controlled and in favour of the minority which has been offended. I think it's absolutely necessary for all races to stand up for their rights to equality, and with Charley representing an ethnic minority, I think the double standard helps her achieve some semblance of equality.
if you feel there is a double standard then take it up with C4. I have stated in about half a dozen different threads that there IS a double standard and I, as a black man, I understand why it exists as well as explaining why it exists. Why don't you finding those posts? Instead of repeating the same schpeel.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:15 PM #14

I agree, who's to say there are not black members of the viewing public who find it offensive that Charley has branded them all '*******' just by calling herself that? I've said it many times, it is unfair and much as I like Charley (shock horror!), she should have been given the same punishment as Emily...
InTheFade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:17 PM #15
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:

if you feel there is a double standard then take it up with C4. I have stated in about half a dozen different threads that there IS a double standard and I, as a black man, I understand why it exists as well as explaining why it exists. Why don't you finding those posts? Instead of repeating the same schpeel.
You don't read peoples posts do you Girth. You have basically just agreed with me, then called it schpeel. There's no reasoning with that sort of logic.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:21 PM #16
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You don't read peoples posts do you Girth. You have basically just agreed with me, then called it schpeel. There's no reasoning with that sort of logic.
You stated in your post that Emily was ejected 'despite' Charley being allowed to stay. I implied that you disagreed with it. I apologise if I misread it.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:22 PM #17

if charley should be out as well as emily what about nicky? noone seems to remember she said it too.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:24 PM #18
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I implied that you disagreed with it. I apologise if I misread it.
It's absolutely fine.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:00 AM #19

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Tara
BB13 USA: Daniele

Favourites (more):
Default Get charley out !!

this woman needs to get out of BB she has done nothing to make me like her... when emily said the N word Charley played on it and i think her plan is to get rid of the peole she dont like by CLAIMING racisim take last night she said to nikki and shabnam that we are the outcasts she is playing with there minds.. even Shabnam has turned and why di she not get punnished?? for using the n word?? Emily should not of gone she diodnt say it in a offensive way at all.... charley is a minger as well she thinks shes hot nikki is better then her as i like nikki but think Charley is playing with them
001steven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:23 AM #20

keep charley i n keep charley in!
shes the best! shes sooooo funny like when she called chanelle coconut head!
rororo06 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:31 AM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

i get what you mean shes good to watch but she is jealous of Channele because shes with ziggy she thought it would be her... i mean if shes up this week she is gone no doubt about it imo
001steven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:43 AM #22

She is good tv people i dnt like her either but cum on i'd rather watch her than tracey n carol scratchin their arses all day i like em but charley gives us somethin to talk bout
xxxxxsammiexxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:21 AM #23

Quote:
Originally posted by 001steven
this woman needs to get out of BB she has done nothing to make me like her... when emily said the N word Charley played on it and i think her plan is to get rid of the peole she dont like by CLAIMING racisim take last night she said to nikki and shabnam that we are the outcasts she is playing with there minds.. even Shabnam has turned and why di she not get punnished?? for using the n word?? Emily should not of gone she diodnt say it in a offensive way at all.... charley is a minger as well she thinks shes hot nikki is better then her as i like nikki but think Charley is playing with them
for god sake stop sticking up for emily, i'm half black and i wouldn't say that word. the girl is middle/upper class but she claimed she "used it all the time". i don't use it nor any of my white friends so we don't feel a need to stick up for people like that. and may i add it was reported that emily as been racist to people in the past. hate charley by all means but don't try and put no blame on emily for words that came out her mouth.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:45 AM #24

yes get her out i dont find her funny at all she annoys the hell out of me.
CassetteFinger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:42 PM #25

Quote:
Originally posted by 001steven

the important words there are 'you think' but u dont know. yes she is soooooooooooo hot DEAL WITH IT!!
JOK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
charlie