Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:33 AM #26
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
so does that mean that provided no death threats are issued, people can be as antisemitic as they like? Pretty silly argument
Of course not that's a pretty silly conclusion to draw imo.

Last edited by Kizzy; 08-11-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:24 AM #27
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
so does that mean that provided no death threats are issued, people can be as antisemitic as they like? Pretty silly argument
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
Did he issue death threats to her or what?
I asked an open question, not limited to death threats ok?

I want to know what all these people scared of a corbyn win in election think he's going to do to Jews. Why the hysteria?
What in a democratic country with free press and independent judiciary and the legislative can happen to them?
As we've seen with trump who is a racist and white supremacist, people he doesnt like in america carry on living there as before.
Not that I think corbyn is antisemitic. But even if he was?
We had instances of the actual far right governing in Europe like a brief spell in Austria and I dont remember Austrian jews having to emigrate from the country or being persecuted by the state.
I'd understand distaste and outrage. But it goes beyond that here. Theres a narrative of "we will have to emigrate".
Could somebody explain that to me. Maybe I missed something and I'd like to understand.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:00 AM #28
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I want to know what all these people scared of a corbyn win in election think he's going to do to Jews. Why the hysteria?
What in a democratic country with free press and independent judiciary and the legislative can happen to them?
As we've seen with trump who is a racist and white supremacist, people he doesnt like in america carry on living there as before.
We had instances of the actual far right governing in Europe like a brief spell in Austria and I dont remember Austrian jews having to emigrate from the country or being persecuted by the state.
I'd understand distaste and outrage. But it goes beyond that here. Theres a narrative of "we will have to emigrate".
Could somebody explain that to me. Maybe I missed something and I'd like to understand.
You are asking the wrong people, you will have to seek out the Jewish community for answers, I don't think its anything anyone who is non-Jewish can answer for you

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:11 AM #29
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:

It's pretty obvious what happens when you have a leader of a party that condones particular behaviour or is an active participant.

The rise in antisemitism across europe has been well reported and I as a non jew detailed it on this very forum ... but everyone chose to ignore it ... not a single comment. Why? because they know there is an issue with the labour party and to acknowledge it also acknowledges that it is an issue in the political party they support. That I find disgusting, and I am sure not going to sugar coat it.

In your earlier post you quite clearly implied there was a big difference between someone getting death threats, and someone not ... that again, is WRONG.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:16 AM #30

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
It's pretty obvious what happens when you have a leader of a party that condones particular behaviour or is an active participant.

The rise in antisemitism across europe has been well reported and I as a non jew detailed it on this very forum ... but everyone chose to ignore it ... not a single comment. Why? because they know there is an issue with the labour party and to acknowledge it also acknowledges that it is an issue in the political party they support. That I find disgusting, and I am sure not going to sugar coat it.

In your earlier post you quite clearly implied there was a big difference between someone getting death threats, and someone not ... that again, is WRONG.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:16 PM #31
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:

I didnt imply anything.
And you're not the only one posting about antisemitism so get off your high horse.
Many here discussed the issue.
As far as remember all labour supporters here condemned it and called for the current enquiry to provide recommendations.
But I will not be brow beaten by you from asking questions and debating the details.

And the bolded bit: it is not obvious to me. Tell me what happens in a democratic country like the UK

Last edited by Twosugars; 08-11-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:30 PM #32
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

And where is the evidence he condones the behaviour?....The rise in antisemitism is well documented as deriving from the far right in Europe and in the UK there is evidence in both major parties. Labour are the only party to acknowledge this, it has been identified and addressed should NOT be used as a stick it beat labour supporters with as you appear to be doing here.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:08 PM #33
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Former Labour Party employees have spoken out publicly on the BBC’s flagship investigative documentary programme, Panorama, to reveal Jeremy Corbyn’s personal meddling in disciplinary cases relating to antisemitism.
The documentary lays bare the scale of the interference by agents of Mr Corbyn in the process. The programme is peppered with unconvincing denials from Labour’s press team.

https://antisemitism.uk/jeremy-corby...it-for-office/

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 08-11-2019, 02:13 PM #34
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Oh the knives are out for sure.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:19 PM #35
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Oh the knives are out for sure.
what does that even mean, you asked for evidence, if you troubled yourself to open the link the programme aired in July 2019 long before any whiff of an election. I mean Jewish members leaving the party should be enough but...

Last edited by Cherie; 08-11-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:54 PM #36
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
what does that even mean, you asked for evidence, if you troubled yourself to open the link the programme aired in July 2019 long before any whiff of an election. I mean Jewish members leaving the party should be enough but...
I remember the accusations the first time and commented accordingly at the time. I don't need your accusatory input thank you cherie. The knives are out as this is being revisited almost a year on despite the changes to the investegatative process.
It's a muck raking election stunt..using this topic for that is exploiting the issue.
Old 08-11-2019, 03:29 PM #37
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I remember the accusations the first time and commented accordingly at the time. I don't need your accusatory input thank you cherie. The knives are out as this is being revisited almost a year on despite the changes to the investegatative process.
It's a muck raking election stunt..using this topic for that is exploiting the issue.
what kind of dictatorship are you trying to run here kizzy, I will post if I like, whether you like it or not is not my concern.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:00 PM #38
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Disgraceful. But it's not more disgraceful because it is the far right. It's equally as disgraceful whether it's the far left or the far right.
Neo-Nazism is more of a right wing than a left wing ideology tbf, although I do agree with you that extremism on both sides is unacceptable.

And why anyone would want to harm an 89 year old is beyond me, especially when she's advocating for peace.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:08 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Italy seems to be one of the most backwards and racist countries going at the moment, you need only pay 15 minutes attention to the football stories to see that.
I'm still shocked that the Cagliari fans keep getting away with the monkey chanting over the last few seasons.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:22 PM #40
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I'm still shocked that the Cagliari fans keep getting away with the monkey chanting over the last few seasons.
"Lukaku was subjected to monkey chants as he prepared to take – and score – the match-winning penalty on 1 September at the Sardegna Arena. However, following an investigation the Italian Football Federation’s (FIGC) sporting justice panel has ruled that the chants could not be considered discriminatory in terms of their “scale and realisation”. A statement from Lega Serie A said the panel had therefore decided not to apply sanctions to Cagliari.

Police in the Sardinian capital told FIGC investigators that “only on the occasion” of Lukaku’s penalty were “chants, shouts and whistles aimed at the opposition athlete as he prepared to take his shot”.

Individual spectators were observed chanting at the Belgian but, because of the volume of the noise emanating from the stand, it was claimed that it was not clear what was being said and so it could not be proven that it was discriminatory."

from the Guardian
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:34 PM #41

Great to have you back LT.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:55 PM #42
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
what kind of dictatorship are you trying to run here kizzy, I will post if I like, whether you like it or not is not my concern.
Save the faux outrage... you quoted me demanding I read old news cherie.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:17 PM #43
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Save the faux outrage... you quoted me demanding I read old news cherie.
who is outraged if anyone is outraged it's you, you are offended, you are being accused, I demanded that you read some article, where did I demand you to do anything? fake news kizzy, fake news

Old 08-11-2019, 07:27 PM #44

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Football players should just walk off if they here those chants..why perform for people like that..

Keep doing it, the authorities will soon knock it on the head.

I would applaud that if I was at a game.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:10 PM #45
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
who is outraged if anyone is outraged it's you, you are offended, you are being accused, I demanded that you read some article, where did I demand you to do anything? fake news kizzy, fake news
Bit like that report then... rehashed spin is all it is. The knives are out due to the perceived threat to the 'moderate' Labour MPS. They are behind all this to protect their businesses, housing portfolio, offshore money, and school place for little tarquin.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amid, death, guard, holocaust, italy, liliana, segre, survivor, threats