Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-11-2019, 05:40 PM #51
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Jeremy Corbyn has declined to apologise to the British Jewish community following criticism from the chief rabbi over how the party deals with anti-Semitism claims.

In an interview with Andrew Neil, the Labour leader was asked four times whether he would like to apologise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50564965
why not? it literally beggars belief, I guess he will come out as neutral on it next week

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2019, 07:01 PM #52
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Why...Why does he need to apologise... has he not done this and put measures in place to prevent a repeat of past failings?

This is now imo specifically designed to disrupt the Labour election campaign.
It's doing what it was designed to do and disrupt every conversation and interview distracting from the other very important issues facing the UK.

Last edited by Kizzy; 26-11-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2019, 04:54 PM #53

Certainly more fit for office than the alternative.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:01 PM #54
You know my methods

You know my methods

Thumbs down New Video of Corbyn endorsing anti-Semite criminal

• The now Labour leader is seen shaking hands with Sheikh Raed Salah in 2012
  • Salah was excluded from UK because of concerns over 'virulent anti-Semitism'
  • He was jailed in 2014 for two years for raising millions for terrorist group Hamas

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ifcation-small

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:19 PM #55

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Meanwhile Tories have literally been arming Saudi terrorists for how long now?
Meeting people of opposing views =/= sympathiser.

Let’s have a look at who Boris has shaken hands with through his entire career, that should be fun.

Last edited by Liam-; 05-12-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:22 PM #56
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post

Let’s have a look at who Boris has shaken hands with through his entire career, that should be fun.
watch the video its more than shaking hands, its horrible to watch, Corbyn is a genuine threat to our national security
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:28 PM #57

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:

Why do you deflect everything,this thread is about Corbyn.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:31 PM #58

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Why do you deflect everything,this thread is about Corbyn.
Not deflection, calling out hypocrisy more like

Last edited by Liam-; 05-12-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:34 PM #59

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Not deflection, calling out hypocrisy more like
I don't recall any PM or leader of an opposition other than Corbyn actually fraternising with terrorists; calling them his friends, showing his support, attending their funerals and rallies, inviting them to tea.
So what about your hypocrisy?

Last edited by jet; 05-12-2019 at 06:35 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:59 PM #60

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I don't recall any PM or leader of an opposition other than Corbyn actually fraternising with terrorists; calling them his friends, showing his support, attending their funerals and rallies, inviting them to tea.
Especially when they were bombing innocent British men, women and children.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:14 PM #61
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
No we call murderers of innocents 'customers' they come grre buy our wares and murder 1000s of innocents... it's base hipocrisy to ignore our role in arming regimes who have no regard for human rights.

It makes all your points moot. .. valueless.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:27 AM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
No we call murderers of innocents 'customers' they come grre buy our wares and murder 1000s of innocents... it's base hipocrisy to ignore our role in arming regimes who have no regard for human rights.

It makes all your points moot. .. valueless.
Who’s ignoring it? This thread is about Corbyn, but as usual you deflect in obvious defense of his actions.
I don’t agree with arming any terrorists who use those arms to kill innocents, no matter which country they are from, instead of the country using those arms for defense and protection. Just like Gaddafi supplying weapons to the IRA, Corbyn’s chums, who used them to indiscriminately kill innocents - then there is Hamas, just 2 examples of the terrorists he is sympathetic to and has his little tea parties with. You can’t pick and choose which innocents it is okay to kill.
The hypocrisy is all yours.

Last edited by jet; 06-12-2019 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:07 AM #63
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Who’s ignoring it? This thread is about Corbyn, but as usual you deflect in obvious defense of his actions.
I don’t agree with arming any terrorists who use those arms to kill innocents, no matter which country they are from, instead of the country using those arms for defense and protection. Just like Gaddafi supplying weapons to the IRA, Corbyn’s chums, who used them to indiscriminately kill innocents - then there is Hamas, just 2 examples of the terrorists he is sympathetic to and has his little tea parties with. You can’t pick and choose which innocents it is okay to kill.
The hypocrisy is all yours.
It's relevant, and its in context you can't compare the two as you have there to excuse the glaring flaws in this govt to further your anti corby agenda...
Corbyn wasn't the one selling the weapons, it was a dictator of a corrupt regime.
Corbyn maintained a dialogue with the IRA in the hope of facilitating peace. That is in no way comparable to our supposed democracy selling weapons and sending troops to train in the use of those to murder 1000s of people for an oligarchic autocracy.
Where is your outrage for this?..
Old 06-12-2019, 07:24 PM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's relevant, and its in context you can't compare the two as you have there to excuse the glaring flaws in this govt to further your anti corby agenda...
Corbyn wasn't the one selling the weapons, it was a dictator of a corrupt regime.
Corbyn maintained a dialogue with the IRA in the hope of facilitating peace. That is in no way comparable to our supposed democracy selling weapons and sending troops to train in the use of those to murder 1000s of people for an oligarchic autocracy.
Where is your outrage for this?..
What part of ‘I don’t agree with selling arms to any terrorists’ did you not understand?
According to you then, it is okay to support terrorists, like Corbyn does, as long as you aren’t the one supplying the arms or carrying out the killings, right?

As for Corbyn ‘having a dialogue with the IRA in the hope of facilitating peace’ that excuse was debunked a long time ago.
The First Minister and his deputy, both of NI’s Social Democratic Labour party have categorically stated that Corbyn had nothing whatsoever to do with the peace process and another party member described him as ‘a pesky backbencher who hung around the IRA leaders like a smitten little fanboy’.

But I guess you were around amid the political turmoil of the troubles in the 70's 80’s and 90’s and know better than they do.

There has also been ample hard evidence obtained from IRA archives by serious investigators posted on this forum from many sources that he was a 100% IRA supporter and if anything, hindered peace, which you chose to just completely ignore.

You must have some really hard insider evidence of Corbyn and his ‘peace facilitating’ which you are keeping to yourself, for I have never heard of it, apart from Corbyn himself and his like - minded cronies trying to cover his ass.

So, once and for all Kizzy, lets be having this hard, explosive evidence, which will overcome all facts to the contrary. Come on, spill! - I'm all ears!

Last edited by jet; 06-12-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:07 PM #65
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
What part of ‘I don’t agree with selling arms to any terrorists’ did you not understand?
According to you then, it is okay to support terrorists, like Corbyn does, as long as you aren’t the one supplying the arms or carrying out the killings, right?

As for Corbyn ‘having a dialogue with the IRA in the hope of facilitating peace’ that excuse was debunked a long time ago.
The First Minister and his deputy, both of NI’s Social Democratic Labour party have categorically stated that Corbyn had nothing whatsoever to do with the peace process and another party member described him as ‘a pesky backbencher who hung around the IRA leaders like a smitten little fanboy’.

But I guess you were around amid the political turmoil of the troubles in the 70's 80’s and 90’s and know better than they do.

There has also been ample hard evidence obtained from IRA archives by serious investigators posted on this forum from many sources that he was a 100% IRA supporter and if anything, hindered peace, which you chose to just completely ignore.

You must have some really hard insider evidence of Corbyn and his ‘peace facilitating’ which you are keeping to yourself, for I have never heard of it, apart from Corbyn himself and his like - minded cronies trying to cover his ass.

So, once and for all Kizzy, lets be having this hard, explosive evidence, which will overcome all facts to the contrary. Come on, spill! - I'm all ears!
I saw you say you didn't agree... but where's the outrage and the passion you put into every anti Corbyn post? I don't see it...
It is ok to speak to terrorists yes if it aids in the bringing about the end to violence, that's the diplomatic democratic thing to do. There were also people imprisoned unfairly, I agree with the fight for justice for them, again founding principles of democracy.
So yes I do agree with his support. Aiding in the killings such as our govt do now makes them as guilty to me, they are war criminals.

I don't believe it was debunked? I have seen as many in support of his efforts as against similar to the accusations of antisemitism there are those who feel the suggestion he is or aids antisemitism is false.

Im not going to justify my belief to you, I have no reason to I'm not on trial am I? Look for yourself, it's not my job to educate you.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:19 AM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I saw you say you didn't agree... but where's the outrage and the passion you put into every anti Corbyn post? I don't see it...
It is ok to speak to terrorists yes if it aids in the bringing about the end to violence, that's the diplomatic democratic thing to do. There were also people imprisoned unfairly, I agree with the fight for justice for them, again founding principles of democracy.
So yes I do agree with his support. Aiding in the killings such as our govt do now makes them as guilty to me, they are war criminals.

I don't believe it was debunked? I have seen as many in support of his efforts as against similar to the accusations of antisemitism there are those who feel the suggestion he is or aids antisemitism is false.

Im not going to justify my belief to you, I have no reason to I'm not on trial am I? Look for yourself, it's not my job to educate you.
This is a thread about Corbyn, and I'm not revealing to you or posting on a BB forum about what I, personally, and thousands more of my fellow citizens went through at the hands of the the IRA in N. Ireland and why the so - called politician Corbyn who is vying to become PM in particular repulses me.

...so there we have it, you agree with Corbyn in his support of IRA terrorists despite all evidence that he had nothing to do with working for peace.... based purely on your own belief that he did without a single shred of evidence to prove it.
How can one debate with someone whose blind faith refuses to acknowledge all proof which has been shown and refuses to produce any themselves to refute it? Rather a one - sided waste of time, eh?

It's like debating with an adult who insists Santa still exists just because they can't cope with him not existing - very worrying indeed.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:00 AM #67
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
This is a thread about Corbyn, and I'm not revealing to you or posting on a BB forum about what I, personally, and thousands more of my fellow citizens went through at the hands of the the IRA in N. Ireland and why the so - called politician Corbyn who is vying to become PM in particular repulses me.

...so there we have it, you agree with Corbyn in his support of IRA terrorists despite all evidence that he had nothing to do with working for peace.... based purely on your own belief that he did without a single shred of evidence to prove it.
How can one debate with someone whose blind faith refuses to acknowledge all proof which has been shown and refuses to produce any themselves to refute it? Rather a one - sided waste of time, eh?

It's like debating with an adult who insists Santa still exists just because they can't cope with him not existing - very worrying indeed.
I haven't asked you for personal testemony, you have no idea what my family background is, and yet you dismiss me as having no valid point of veiw.
Theres no point discussing with you as you appear to be reverting to the usual mocking and insulting comments. My personal opinion is based on my families background as Irish Catholics and my own research.

You won't have to worry any longer, we won't be having this conversation again.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:04 AM #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Why do you deflect everything
Hello pot, meet kettle.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:29 AM #69

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I haven't asked you for personal testemony, you have no idea what my family background is, and yet you dismiss me as having no valid point of veiw.
Theres no point discussing with you as you appear to be reverting to the usual mocking and insulting comments. My personal opinion is based on my families background as Irish Catholics and my own research.

You won't have to worry any longer, we won't be having this conversation again.
Of course we won't, as you'll never be able to find proof of Corbyn as 'peace facilitiater', because there isn't any. Supporting killers of innocents for any reason is not a valid point of view in my eyes.
I have an Irish Catholic background and the IRA murdered plenty of us with their indiscrimate bombs; they didn't care what the innocents background or religion was.
Their campaign gave rise to the murderous UVF, who put bullets through the heads of many more Irish Catholics in retaliation.
But thank goodness for the mercy of never having to converse with you again, I can't stomach your blind beliefs at all.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:21 PM #70
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 08-12-2019 at 03:21 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:12 AM #71
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I'm waiting for the report by the Equality and Human Rights Commission. Labour are only the second political party in history to be investigated by the EHRC, the first being the BNP.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:51 AM #72
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

We are all waiting those findings. I'm also waiting for a decision into an inquiry on Islamophobia in the Conservative party that was assured is happening.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:54 AM #73
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I'm waiting for the report by the Equality and Human Rights Commission. Labour are only the second political party in history to be investigated by the EHRC, the first being the BNP.
there is a equality and human rights commission

never knew that

well then they don't do their jobs right since there isn't much equality in the world for quite a long time
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:19 PM #74
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

For balance.

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org...swOSm_1otxmP-U
Old 10-12-2019, 09:44 AM #75
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/12/09/exc...dorses-corbyn/

EXCLUSIVE: UNION OF ORTHODOX HEBREW CONGREGATIONS HEAD, LEADER OF 35,000 JEWISH CITIZENS, ENDORSES CORBYN

The head of the Union of Orthodox Hebrew Congregations has published a letter supporting Jeremy Corbyn and condemning attacks on the Labour leader. The UOHC is an umbrella organisation representing over a hundred congregations and educational establishments in Greater London, with around 35,000 members.

Quote:
We were shocked to learn about those who are disseminating rumours and blaming the leader of the Labour party Mr Jeremy Corbyn that he is an anti-Semite and so forth.

We therefore proclaim our view that we have no connection whatsoever with these irresponsible actions.

Jews are faithful to G-d and his Torah and seek the peace of the country they reside in and respect their leaders, and heaven forbid it wouldn’t cross their mind to confront political leaders, as our sages taught us and as we have been instructed by novi [prophet] Jeremiah (as stated in the book of Jeremiah, 29, 7) “seek the peace of the town I have exiled you there, and pray for her sake to G-d for with her peace you will have peace”.

In the merit we will endure the burden of exile and continue the ways of modesty here like the thousands of years of our exile in all generations, we shall be accredited to be saved from all calamities.

11 Kislev 5780 / 9 December 2019, London.

Ephraim Padwa
Principal Rabbinical Authority
Union of Orthodox Hebrew Congregation
The Orthodox community represents around a quarter of the UK’s Jewish population and is projected to be around half of the population within fifteen years.

In 2018, thirty-four senior Orthodox rabbis of the UOHC signed a letter supporting Jeremy Corbyn. The letter was attacked as a fake by Corbyn’s opponents, but proven to be genuine – although only some of the attacks on its authenticity were withdrawn.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
chief, corbyn, fit, high, jeremy, office, rabbi