Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2019, 05:54 PM   #1
Kazanne
kazanne
 
Kazanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gerard Butlers Undercrackersx
Posts: 57,616

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford
BB18: Kieran
CBB19: Calum Best


Default Mass animal slaughter.

Did anyone on here know about this ritual ? Its the first I had heard of it and wish I never had,how barbaric to kill all those animals , not even for meat from what I can see, just for the sake of some hindu goddess, 200,000 ,utter carnage and unnecessary,imo, some people just don't seem to have any empathy, I cant get my head round it.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartanntp
__________________



No one in this world is pure and perfect , if you avoid people for their mistakes,you will be alone.
RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
Saph
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ
 
Saph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 54th St. Crenshaw
Posts: 31,603

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Frenchy
BB15: Pauline


Default

I've never understood the whole 'sacrifice for the gods' stuff.. like aren't gods in religion supposed to have created life.. why kill it for them
__________________


Saph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:10 PM   #3
LeatherTrumpet
Ding Dong MerriLT
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 63,129


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
I've never understood the whole 'sacrifice for the gods' stuff.. like aren't gods in religion supposed to have created life.. why kill it for them
There is no reason or logic its nasty vile superstition, cruelty and control from poorly educated people.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #4
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 94,462
Default

Nepal next to Tibet
a poor nation
will sadly not change................
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #5
thesheriff443
thesheriff443
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,601


Default

They should sacrifice themselves uneducated savages
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #6
Grim Reaper
Member
 
Grim Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: The Dark
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Nepal next to Tibet
a poor nation
will sadly not change................
I spent 6 months trekking round Nepal 30 years ago and they are the loveliest,kindest and most hard working people I've ever come across. Unfortunately being also amongst the poorest nations of the world means they don't always see animal rights quite the way we do but I would say they don't treat animals badly out of cruelty more of necessity!
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:50 PM   #7
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 124,438

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

"See animal rights the way we do" is kind of funny considering the west mass slaughter alot more animals, the moral highground is kind of disingenuous, just because you eat the animals doesn't make it less cruel for them
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:45 PM   #8
LeatherTrumpet
Ding Dong MerriLT
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 63,129


Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
"See animal rights the way we do" is kind of funny considering the west mass slaughter alot more animals, the moral highground is kind of disingenuous, just because you eat the animals doesn't make it less cruel for them
The method of killing is hardly similar and we don't kill based on a pathetic superstition. It's in no way comparable
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:52 PM   #9
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 124,438

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
The method of killing is hardly similar and we don't kill based on a pathetic superstition. It's in no way comparable
Do you think the fact that you eat the animals gives them some comfort?
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:55 PM   #10
LeatherTrumpet
Ding Dong MerriLT
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 63,129


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Do you think the fact that you eat the animals gives them some comfort?
As I said it's not in anyway comparable. We all die, so why keep old people in care homes, why not shoot them?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:59 PM   #11
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 124,438

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
As I said it's not in anyway comparable. We all die, so why keep old people in care homes, why not shoot them?
Or eat them?
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:00 PM   #12
LeatherTrumpet
Ding Dong MerriLT
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 63,129


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Or eat them?
Very little good protein
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:05 PM   #13
Marsh.
Observer
 
Marsh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 72,454


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
As I said it's not in anyway comparable. We all die, so why keep old people in care homes, why not shoot them?
Why are you comparing animals mass slaughtered for food to elderly people in care homes?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:48 PM   #14
Jordan.
literally a nightmare
 
Jordan.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 61,418


Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
The method of killing is hardly similar and we don't kill based on a pathetic superstition. It's in no way comparable
People justifiying the mass murder of animals because they think they need meat to survive isn't a pathetic superstition?
Jordan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:20 AM   #15
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.
 
Mystic Mock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: with joeysteele.
Posts: 43,612
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Nick
BBCanada 7: Maki
BB19: Hussain
DOI 2019: Saara Aalto


Default

Killing animals to eat isn't the same as killing an animal because 'God told me to' imo.

Obviously it's not nice for the animals, but one is for food at least which in my view I see as understandable.
__________________
The Quadtastic Shows - Sonic Boom, Dark, Mindhunter, Revisions
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:34 AM   #16
thesheriff443
thesheriff443
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,601


Default

You can be a meat eater and still care for the welfare of animals and not want to be mistreated.

My rabbit just jumped on the bed licking my arm with his little tongue for head and face rub
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:00 AM   #17
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 124,438

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Killing animals to eat isn't the same as killing an animal because 'God told me to' imo.

Obviously it's not nice for the animals, but one is for food at least which in my view I see as understandable.
There is no valid or good reason to the animal and taking the moral highground as to what constitutes as a good reason to kill them is hypocritical and makes no difference to the animals who are being killed. If you want to eat meat, eat meat, it tastes good but if you then act like a moral judge on other people who kill animals because you think their reason "isn't as good as yours" then you look foolish imo
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #18
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on Blueberry Hill
Posts: 48,256


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
There is no valid or good reason to the animal and taking the moral highground as to what constitutes as a good reason to kill them is hypocritical and makes no difference to the animals who are being killed. If you want to eat meat, eat meat, it tastes good but if you then act like a moral judge on other people who kill animals because you think their reason "isn't as good as yours" then you look foolish imo
...perfectly said....if an animal is slaughtered, itís slaughtering becomes no lesser because of the reason..and animal meat is not an essential to human life...
__________________



Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:12 AM   #19
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.
 
Mystic Mock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: with joeysteele.
Posts: 43,612
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Nick
BBCanada 7: Maki
BB19: Hussain
DOI 2019: Saara Aalto


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
There is no valid or good reason to the animal and taking the moral highground as to what constitutes as a good reason to kill them is hypocritical and makes no difference to the animals who are being killed. If you want to eat meat, eat meat, it tastes good but if you then act like a moral judge on other people who kill animals because you think their reason "isn't as good as yours" then you look foolish imo
No offence but killing them as a sacrifice is way more evil than eating them for Meat. I don't really get the debate on this one tbh.

But then I don't buy that Vigilante's are just as bad as a cold blooded murderer either (off topic I know) but I do think that the reason why you're doing something is massively important imo (especially if it's an act that could be deemed evil) and the reason why this thread was opened in the first place is the far more evil reason imo, there's absolutely no valid reason to kill the animal in this incident, where as at least people will gain benefits from eating an animal.

I understand why people disagree with eating Meat themselves, but to compare us to nutjobs is out of order imo.
__________________
The Quadtastic Shows - Sonic Boom, Dark, Mindhunter, Revisions
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:17 AM   #20
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 124,438

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Evil to who though? You? But you're not the victim, the animal is so what right do you have to judge it as a culture who also partakes in mass slaughter of animals?

If you were walking home tonight and someone hit you over the back of the head and kidnapped you, you wake up in their basement and they tell you they're going to kill you, would it matter to you if their reason was for a religious sacrifice or because they wanted to eat you? Would you say oh fair enough, if they fancied a bit of mock steak?
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 04-12-2019 at 08:19 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:19 AM   #21
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on Blueberry Hill
Posts: 48,256


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
No offence but killing them as a sacrifice is way more evil than eating them for Meat. I don't really get the debate on this one tbh.

But then I don't buy that Vigilante's are just as bad as a cold blooded murderer either (off topic I know) but I do think that the reason why you're doing something is massively important imo (especially if it's an act that could be deemed evil) and the reason why this thread was opened in the first place is the far more evil reason imo, there's absolutely no valid reason to kill the animal in this incident, where as at least people will gain benefits from eating an animal.

I understand why people disagree with eating Meat themselves, but to compare us to nutjobs is out of order imo.
...but itís people individually who are defining what Ďevilí is though and what defines Ďvalidí...a slaughtered animal is a slaughtered animal and their death is no less, regardless of what the reason...a cultural Hindu festival/ritual that dates back centuries, would be seen as a valid reason by some, but not by others...
__________________



Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:27 AM   #22
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.
 
Mystic Mock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: with joeysteele.
Posts: 43,612
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Nick
BBCanada 7: Maki
BB19: Hussain
DOI 2019: Saara Aalto


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Evil to who though? You? But you're not the victim, the animal is so what right do you have to judge it as a culture who also partakes in mass slaughter of animals?

If you were walking home tonight and someone hit you over the back of the head and kidnapped you, you wake up in their basement and they tell you they're going to kill you, what it matter to you if there reason was for a religious sacrifice or because they wanted to eat you? Would you say oh fair enough, if they fancied a bit of mock steak?
But I've already said in my original post on this thread that it's not nice for the animals (I especially don't like the methods on how the animals are killed) but as we both know the different reasons as to why the animals are killed, I would rather them be killed for Meat consumption or possible cures for diseases over a 'God' telling them to do it, or to look fashionable in some way, or because it's a fun sport for the individual. But that's how I see it personally, I get however that you see it differently.

And for me I wouldn't want either, I'd rather take the brick.

Thankfully Cannibalism is an illegal activity so they're definitely worse morally. It probably helps that it's counted as murder.
__________________
The Quadtastic Shows - Sonic Boom, Dark, Mindhunter, Revisions
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:30 AM   #23
thesheriff443
thesheriff443
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,601


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...perfectly said....if an animal is slaughtered, itís slaughtering becomes no lesser because of the reason..and animal meat is not an essential to human life...
The human race started out as meat eaters, not cows eating grass in a field.

When you start talking about morals, vegetarians are not better humans based on the fact they donít eat meat.

Killing an animal for a ritual falls into the same category as killing an animal for sport.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #24
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on Blueberry Hill
Posts: 48,256


Default

...only to those who donít hold the culture/ritual, though...a cultural ritual dating back centuries has a specific meaning to all of those who believe in it...whether we or others believe in it or not or what our feelings are about it...a sport is an entirely different thing, it holds no ritual significance in the same way...I donít agree with the killing of these buffalo...but, like Niamh...I donít understand the Ďrating of death/killing/slaughterí...when none are necessary and the result of each is identical to the animal...death...
__________________



Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:41 AM   #25
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.
 
Mystic Mock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: with joeysteele.
Posts: 43,612
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Nick
BBCanada 7: Maki
BB19: Hussain
DOI 2019: Saara Aalto


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...but itís people individually who are defining what Ďevilí is though and what defines Ďvalidí...a slaughtered animal is a slaughtered animal and their death is no less, regardless of what the reason...a cultural Hindu festival/ritual that dates back centuries, would be seen as a valid reason by some, but not by others...
Of course people see things differently, but are you honestly gonna say that every reason for killing an animal is just as evil as each other? Because to me that's just not real life as normally even with criminals (again off topic I know) there is a hierarchy on who is more evil than who between murderers, rapists etc.

To me I see Meat eaters as more innocent than Religious nutjobs who kill animals, however I get that (like you pointed out Ammi) that not everyone will see it the same as I do, I've just got to be honest and say that I do find that opinion a bit strange though.

I understand people being against eating Meat (as I hope that a lot of people could) I just personally from my own perspective don't see it as quite as evil as other reasons to kill animals.
__________________
The Quadtastic Shows - Sonic Boom, Dark, Mindhunter, Revisions
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
animal, mass, slaughter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts