Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2020, 11:04 PM #1026

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I lost my mum quickly.....thankfully nowhere near as young as these boys but I had an older sibling...who shouldered a lot of the responsibility.....I still struggle day to day with the loss of my mum, my brother doesn't outwardly....are you saying because William doesn't show it, he doesn't feel it? He has a different level of responsibility.....at times I would almost guarantee he and kate would have loved to leg it....he just doesn't have that luxury
Sorry about your Mum , I still struggle and I had mine for a long time.

No William doesn't have that luxury, unlike Harry and Meghan, and they are using it, leaving William and Kate with extra responsibilities and work that the Sussex's are resigning from.
They have handed in their notice in the business, got their p45's, taken off to be rivals in their new celeb business ventures and now the other royals will have to replace their roles by working harder. They can't advertise for a new prince and duchess.
Old 19-01-2020, 11:10 PM #1027
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Not the paedo
Old 19-01-2020, 11:30 PM #1028

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
She was demonised for certain, they have that in common. Can you imagine if Diana had the press we have now? It would be all Diana is such a , PC, woke, libtard, sjw, snowflake, virtue signaller!!
Go Harry .Go to Canada, don't look back.
You can be a compassionate humanitarian, like Diana, without being any of those things. It's the way the PC, woke, virtue signalling brigade are so in your face and virtuous that is so off putting and is creating the opposite effect to whatever it is they think they are achieving. Diana was never preachy.
Old 20-01-2020, 12:04 AM #1029
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
You can be a compassionate humanitarian, like Diana, without being any of those things. It's the way the PC, woke, virtue signalling brigade are so in your face and virtuous that is so off putting and is creating the opposite effect to whatever it is they think they are achieving. Diana was never preachy.
What is the difference...in all honesty what is the difference if you advocate for a cause by raising awareness, participate in the cause. Fund raise and support other causes or community projects as she did how is it not considered in your face and preachy in the way anyone doing that today would be?
Old 20-01-2020, 12:46 AM #1030

Quote:
Those rose tinted specs are slipping down your nose.
Old 20-01-2020, 12:47 AM #1031

Quote:
Sorry about your Mum , I still struggle and I had mine for a long time.

No William doesn't have that luxury, unlike Harry and Meghan, and they are using it, leaving William and Kate with extra responsibilities and work that the Sussex's are resigning from.
They have handed in their notice in the business, got their p45's, taken off to be rivals in their new celeb business ventures and now the other royals will have to replace their roles by working harder. They can't advertise for a new prince and duchess.
Working harder? Oh no, whatever will Kate do with all those ribbons to cut. All those jets to catch. All those fancy clothes to wear.

Last edited by Marsh.; 20-01-2020 at 12:48 AM.
Old 20-01-2020, 01:00 AM #1032
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Good on them!

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Old 20-01-2020, 01:11 AM #1033
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
Not the paedo
According to the Media Meghan and Harry are worse, didn't you know?

KRO!
Old 20-01-2020, 04:29 AM #1034
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...the vibe of the media headlines since they announced their plans, must only confirm to them more and more that they’re doing the right thing...
Old 20-01-2020, 06:02 AM #1035
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...the vibe of the media headlines since they announced their plans, must only confirm to them more and more that they’re doing the right thing...
Headlines are there to grab the viewers attention, pictures and bold writing.

From dating to to marrying to getting pregnant to falling out with palace the bust up with her father, not keeping with tradition and showing the baby off to the world not spending Christmas with his family not only stepping away from the royal family but taking a grand child and great grand to another country when Harry’s grandad is now virtually bed ridden.

Its been in the news because it is news.

Last edited by thesheriff443; 20-01-2020 at 06:04 AM.
Old 20-01-2020, 06:22 AM #1036
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...of course, media headline slants and stories are there to grab and that grabbing is something that Harry wants no part of because he understands so clearly, the dangers of it...as he has said...

“My mom taught me a set of values of which I will always try and uphold despite our role and job. I will always protect my family, I have a family to protect. Everything she went through is incredibly real every single day and that’s not me being paranoid, that’s me not wanting a repeat of the past. If anybody else knew what I knew, be it a father or husband, you should probably do what I’m doing as well.”

...and I would think that every day just confirms to him and Meghan that they’ve made the right decision for themselves and their son...
Old 20-01-2020, 06:37 AM #1037

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Working harder? Oh no, whatever will Kate do with all those ribbons to cut. All those jets to catch. All those fancy clothes to wear.
If that was all there was to being a working royal and mother, Meghan wouldn't have run off.
Old 20-01-2020, 06:51 AM #1038
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
If that was all there was to being a working royal and mother, Meghan wouldn't have run off.
Again you blame Meghan for a decision Harry has made... He is the royal here not her.
Old 20-01-2020, 06:52 AM #1039
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

The sense of ownership over actual real life human beings is so odd and creepy

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 20-01-2020, 06:54 AM #1040
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...just to add to your media stories, Arista...

Prince Harry has revealed he and Meghan felt they had "no other option" but to leave the Royal Family behind during a speech for his Sentebale charity.

The Duke of Sussex was speaking to supporters of the organisation at a dinner in London on Sunday, a day after Buckingham Palace issued a statement confirming the terms of the Sussexes' decision to step back as senior royals.

Harry told those gathered: "It brings me great sadness that it has come to this. The decision that I have made for my wife and I to step back is not one I made lightly.

"It was so many months of talks after so many years of challenges.

"And I know I haven't always gotten it right, but as far as this goes, there really was no other option.

"What I want to make clear is we're not walking away, and we certainly aren't walking away from you.

"Our hope was to continue serving the Queen, the commonwealth, and my military associations, but without public funding. Unfortunately, that wasn't possible.

"I've accepted this, knowing that it doesn't change who I am or how committed I am."

Harry added that he hopes "that helps you understand what it had come to, that I would step my family back from all I have ever known, to take a step forward into what I hope can be a more peaceful life".

He continued: "I was born into this life, and it is a great honour to serve my country and the Queen."

Harry, who set up the charity to honour the legacy of his mother's work in supporting those with HIV and AIDS, was speaking while Meghan is in Canada with their son Archie.

He told those gathered: "When I lost my mum 23 years ago, you took me under your wing. You've looked out for me for so long, but the media is a powerful force, and my hope is one day our collective support for each other can be more powerful because this is so much bigger than just us.

"It has been our privilege to serve you, and we will continue to lead a life of service.

"It has also been a privilege to meet so many of you, and to feel your excitement for our son Archie, who saw snow for the first time the other day and thought it was bloody brilliant!

"I will always have the utmost respect for my grandmother, my commander in chief, and I am incredibly grateful to her and the rest of my family, for the support they have shown Meghan and I over the last few months.

"I will continue to be the same man who holds his country dear and dedicates his life to supporting the causes, charities and military communities that are so important to me.

"Together, you have given me an education about living. And this role has taught me more about what is right and just than I could have ever imagined. We are taking a leap of faith - thank you for giving me the courage to take this next step."

...full story...

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/prince-har...220900357.html
Old 20-01-2020, 06:57 AM #1041
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Again you blame Meghan for a decision Harry has made... He is the royal here not her.
...his wife is ‘blamed’..his mum was ‘blamed’, all to grab headlines and these are real people, in their royalty..isn’t that the point and what rules his emotions and his mental well being...
Old 20-01-2020, 07:00 AM #1042
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...at least Meghan and Harry have taken the focus from Andrew atm, so he doesn’t need to sweat...oh wait...
Old 20-01-2020, 07:08 AM #1043

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Headlines are there to grab the viewers attention, pictures and bold writing.

From dating to to marrying to getting pregnant to falling out with palace the bust up with her father, not keeping with tradition and showing the baby off to the world not spending Christmas with his family not only stepping away from the royal family but taking a grand child and great grand to another country when Harry’s grandad is now virtually bed ridden.

Its been in the news because it is news.
For people who don't want press attention, they seem to go out of their way to say 'look at us'! look at how we do things differently!
There was the silly secrecy around the baby's birth and christening; standing in poverty stricken Africa and whining about how awful their priveleged life is; the 'sensational' way they went about breaking the news of their leaving without informing the Queen, and much more besides like Meghan getting the riff raff cleared from her seating area at Wimbledon. If you don't want attention, you don't do things that will guarantee even more press interest and criticism.

Last edited by jet; 20-01-2020 at 07:14 AM.
Old 20-01-2020, 07:24 AM #1044

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I was responding to this which puts my post in context:

Old 20-01-2020, 07:35 AM #1045

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
The sense of ownership over actual real life human beings is so odd and creepy
TIBB was created all those years ago and season after season many did just that with the housemates. Are you just noticing now?
Old 20-01-2020, 08:42 AM #1046

Old 20-01-2020, 08:43 AM #1047

Quote:
Imagining things again.

Neither of them suggested the workload was too hard.
Old 20-01-2020, 08:43 AM #1048

Piers clutching at straws this morning asking Gazza what he thought.
Old 20-01-2020, 08:47 AM #1049

Quote:
TIBB was created all those years ago and season after season many did just that with the housemates. Are you just noticing now?
Discussing housemates =/= a sense of ownership. What a strange comparison.
Old 20-01-2020, 09:17 AM #1050
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...at least Meghan and Harry have taken the focus from Andrew atm, so he doesn’t need to sweat...oh wait...

A more cynical person might say this was all planned just for that exact purpose............ how is this story over shadowing the fact that one of the royals is probably a pedophile/sexual offender? Crazy world we live in

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, family, harry, meghan, members, prince, royal, senior, stepped