Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2020, 03:57 PM #1076

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

I don’t get Harry’s reasoning when it comes to protecting little Archie from the press. The media have never bothered royal children, look at Kate and Williams 3, they are only seen when they want them to be.
William and Harry both went to uni as teenagers and were able to lead normal lives while there, going into town to use the shops and restaurants. The press left them completely alone for the duration.

They won’t have that mutual agreement in Canada, and certainly not in LA, where they say they want to live after Trump is no longer president. Kids of high - profile LA celeb parents invariably get messed up and many end up in therapy.
Plus, he is taking Archie away from his extended family - his grandparents, his great grandparents, his uncles, his aunts, all his little cousins who he will grow up barely knowing.
My all means go, but I can’t see it benefiting Archie in any way. I kind of feel sad for the little kid.
Old 20-01-2020, 04:00 PM #1077
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I agree about the ownership of the Royals being something that I personally can’t gel with...’ARE THEY GOING to pay us back for their wedding...are they going to pay us back for their house renovations...this is our money/these are OUR Royals, we own them...it can’t really be compared to anything else either ...
Old 20-01-2020, 04:05 PM #1078
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I don’t get Harry’s reasoning when it comes to protecting little Archie from the press. The media have never bothered royal children, look at Kate and Williams 3, they are only seen when they want them to be.
William and Harry both went to uni as teenagers and were able to lead normal lives while there, going into town to use the shops and restaurants. The press left them completely alone for the duration.

They won’t have that mutual agreement in Canada, and certainly not in LA, where they say they want to live after Trump is no longer president. Kids of high - profile LA celeb parents invariably get messed up and many end up in therapy.
Plus, he is taking Archie away from his extended family - his grandparents, his great grandparents, his uncles, his aunts, all his little cousins who he will grow up barely knowing.
My all means go, but I can’t see it benefiting Archie in any way. I kind of feel sad for the little kid.
Isn’t there some law that Royal kiddies can’t be photographed without permission? Any Tom Dick or not Harry will be able to take pics of Archie

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 20-01-2020, 04:06 PM #1079

Prince Harry
also popped into the UK - Africa Summit
in London today.
To meet some African Leaders.

The PM was there.

Last edited by arista; 20-01-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Old 20-01-2020, 04:09 PM #1080

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Isn’t there some law that Royal kiddies can’t be photographed without permission? Any Tom Dick or not Harry will be able to take pics of Archie
Yes, its a law in the UK.
Old 20-01-2020, 04:32 PM #1081
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

i think they will be much more vulnerable to press intrusion than if they were still part of the royal circus, so I don't get their reasoning at all. I don't think either of them are very bright which probably isnt helping
Old 20-01-2020, 04:54 PM #1082
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Susanna Reid puts 'hypocritical' Piers Morgan in his place after latest Harry and Meghan rant...

She said: “So he's decided to give up all the palaces and the servants and the royal funding and he wants to have a more peaceful life.

“And I don't know why you have to keep having a go at him.”

Morgan then mockingly cooed: “Ooo, poor Harry”, to which Reid replied: "Why do you have to act like that? It's not pathetic, he's made a decision.

“Let them do what the hell they like and stop having a go at them.”

When Morgan claimed Harry and Meghan “never stop yapping”, Reid already had a response ready.

“You never stop yapping!” she said, raising her voice. “It's so ironic, you're so hypocritical.

“‘Me, me, me, it's all about me,’ and you have a go at Prince Harry. You have a go at him all the time.”

...video full article in the link...

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/susanna-re...101638770.html
Old 20-01-2020, 05:01 PM #1083

Morgan was Right
Old 20-01-2020, 05:22 PM #1084

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Susanna scalped him, about time too
Old 20-01-2020, 05:22 PM #1085
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Sick of hearing about them now.
Old 20-01-2020, 05:23 PM #1086
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Harry has had the best of everything from food to clothes to education to getting drunk dressing as a nazi solder.

Yes he lost his mum, but today in the Brompton hospital London, a close family friend had to watch the life support machine being switched of their 30 year old daughter, she died from a lung infection, she leaves behind two kids under ten.

Harry is not the only one to lose a mother, people carrying on like the he has been tortured.
Old 20-01-2020, 05:41 PM #1087

Quote:

Yes, let's all not believe Harry - the one actually experiencing it because Jet off TiBB can't see the reasoning. None of us are born Royals so we're not going to understand it.
Old 20-01-2020, 05:43 PM #1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Harry has had the best of everything from food to clothes to education to getting drunk dressing as a nazi solder.

Yes he lost his mum, but today in the Brompton hospital London, a close family friend had to watch the life support machine being switched of their 30 year old daughter, she died from a lung infection, she leaves behind two kids under ten.

Harry is not the only one to lose a mother, people carrying on like the he has been tortured.
Just because someone else has had it worse doesn't suddenly make his own pain nothing. What a pointless comparison you're making.

Nobody has said he's the most hard-done by person in the world, they're discussing his choices, his life, based on his experiences and his loss. Nobody else's.

It's not about who's had the worst pain or suffered the worst grief. It's not a competition.
Old 20-01-2020, 05:45 PM #1089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I agree about the ownership of the Royals being something that I personally can’t gel with...’ARE THEY GOING to pay us back for their wedding...are they going to pay us back for their house renovations...this is our money/these are OUR Royals, we own them...it can’t really be compared to anything else either ...
Yeah and it's quite ridiculous really when the money that the Crown Estate generates more than covers what is paid to the Royal family. I think it's treble tbh.
Old 20-01-2020, 05:47 PM #1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Is it really much different to ‘stanning’ people on twitter and following them
I wouldn't say so. Isn't "stanning" about being a fan of someone's work. If they're putting out a product you enjoy, music or movies etc that you invest in.
Old 20-01-2020, 06:02 PM #1091

Quote:

That's terribly sad about your friend Sheriff, I am sorry to hear that.

However, those children will not be forced to parade through the streets behind their mothers coffin, trying to maintain a stiff upper lip when all they want is their mummy. William and Harry were not allowed to grieve in their own time, they had to put it behind them and smile and wave at the cameras of the very industry they blamed fir their mothers death
Old 20-01-2020, 06:02 PM #1092

Quote:

No he is not...but he did it very publicly at the tender age of 13.

I have said before that I think they will be even more vulnerable to press intrusion more than ever..
Old 20-01-2020, 06:20 PM #1093

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Yes, let's all not believe Harry - the one actually experiencing it because Jet off TiBB can't see the reasoning. None of us are born Royals so we're not going to understand it.
Please address the post and stop being personal about me.
Old 20-01-2020, 06:21 PM #1094

Quote:
Please address the post and stop being personal about me.
I addressed it. It was a post about how you don't understand his reasoning.

Chances are, you're not going to as no one but the Royals know what it's like to be born into that circus.

If pointing out you're not Royal is classed as a personal insult then I apologise profusely.

Last edited by Marsh.; 20-01-2020 at 06:21 PM.
Old 20-01-2020, 06:23 PM #1095
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

And to think she was the woman who was in Suits. I've certainly never seen her in anything else... and yet here she is, almost as famous as the Queen these days. And they're fine with the press when they're using them for their own ends, raising awareness of this, and telling us that... but then moan about press intrusion.

Everyone remembers Harry walking behind that coffin. And to be honest, I think a lot of the dislike of Meghan has grown since she married him. Harry could have walked away from the royal family at any time he liked, but he didn't. But he's going to now. I do hope the press soon remembers that there's other stuff going on.
Old 20-01-2020, 06:25 PM #1096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And to think she was the woman who was in Suits. I've certainly never seen her in anything else... and yet here she is, almost as famous as the Queen these days. And they're fine with the press when they're using them for their own ends, raising awareness of this, and telling us that... but then moan about press intrusion.
There's a distinct difference between raising awareness at charity events and press intrusion, surely.

One is a public event open to the public/press etc. The other is their private/personal life being, well, intruded.

I really don't see how their charity work is being used as some kind of insult against them.

Last edited by Marsh.; 20-01-2020 at 06:26 PM.
Old 20-01-2020, 06:28 PM #1097

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There's a distinct difference between raising awareness at charity events and press intrusion, surely.

One is a public event open to the public/press etc. The other is their private/personal life being, well, intruded.

I really don't see how their charity work is being used as some kind of insult against them.
How is it being intruded exactly by the press?..there ain't been any hidden shots? No toe suckling, all its been so far is the press reporting on public opinion..that being the fact that she just aint good enough for the royal family..history tells us that.

Last edited by parmnion; 20-01-2020 at 06:29 PM.
Old 20-01-2020, 06:29 PM #1098
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Well it's been something else for the gammonati to get their trotters in a flap about that's for damn sure...
Old 20-01-2020, 06:30 PM #1099

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Well it's been something else for the gammonati to get their trotters in a flap about that's for damn sure...

I might use that as my sig.
Old 20-01-2020, 06:39 PM #1100

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I addressed it. It was a post about how you don't understand his reasoning.

Chances are, you're not going to as no one but the Royals know what it's like to be born into that circus.

If pointing out you're not Royal is classed as a personal insult then I apologise profusely.
You addressed it in a sarcastic baity way.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, family, harry, meghan, members, prince, royal, senior, stepped