Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 16-01-2020, 04:40 PM #1
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Arrow Cyberpunk 2077 delayed until 17th September

Old 16-01-2020, 04:41 PM #2
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Every game this year being delayed

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 05:06 PM #3
-

-

FUMING
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 05:46 PM #4
-

-

I'd rather have it late than full of bugs though... I guess...
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 05:48 PM #5
In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

Is every game being delayed? Pray for Animal Crossing.
Old 16-01-2020, 05:58 PM #6
You know my methods

You know my methods

they could have lost that first line in the PR release. Just start with like 2nd stop dicking about trying to sound "corporate"

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 06:56 PM #7
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

To be honest, I'm not too bothered March-April was way too packed, especially with FFVII Remake moving to two weeks before Cyberpunk
Old 16-01-2020, 08:30 PM #8

Get to focus on Last Of Us II followed by this then. Not too bad.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 08:50 PM #9
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia. View Post
To be honest, I'm not too bothered March-April was way too packed, especially with FFVII Remake moving to two weeks before Cyberpunk
True, so long as FF7 and TLOU2 aren't further delayed, I doubt I'll even be finished both by September. Games take me a while these days, usually at least 2 months per game. I'm only about half way through Death Stranding and I started it in the middle of November .
Old 16-01-2020, 09:21 PM #10
Banned

Banned

It makes me think that they might be scared of FFVII tbh. The main competition in September is Avengers and I think Cyberpunk can easily outsell that game but I reckon that they want Cyberpunk to be THE game of the month it's launching and it would never get that same level of recognition going up against VII. Remember, VII announced it's release date and a bunch of big games yeeted themselves out of late February and March to most likely avoid it. VII will be a godamn juggernaut.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if RE3 pushes it's date forward just to have a week or two to dominate before VII cuts it off at the legs.

Last edited by Tom4784; 16-01-2020 at 09:22 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 09:22 AM #11
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It makes me think that they might be scared of FFVII tbh. The main competition in September is Avengers and I think Cyberpunk can easily outsell that game but I reckon that they want Cyberpunk to be THE game of the month it's launching and it would never get that same level of recognition going up against VII. Remember, VII announced it's release date and a bunch of big games yeeted themselves out of late February and March to most likely avoid it. VII will be a godamn juggernaut.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if RE3 pushes it's date forward just to have a week or two to dominate before VII cuts it off at the legs.
Does seem like a possibility, I mentioned a few weeks back that there's a span of 3 months that was looking a bit over-full. I'd have bought all 4 (RE3, TLOU, Cyberpunk and FF7) but I have no idea when I'd have found time to play them all.
Old 17-01-2020, 11:54 AM #12
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Does seem like a possibility, I mentioned a few weeks back that there's a span of 3 months that was looking a bit over-full. I'd have bought all 4 (RE3, TLOU, Cyberpunk and FF7) but I have no idea when I'd have found time to play them all.
Yeah,, it's a struggle. I'll be getting RE3 and VII but it looks like I'm gonna have to try to wrap up RE3 before VII comes out.

RE3 will struggle in it's current release date I think, RE2 and Kingdom hearts co-existed last year because, for the most part, their target audiences were different but both VII and RE3 is going for the same 90's gamer nostalgia crowd, given that most people would likely have to choose between getting one or the other, I think RE3 will lose out.
Old 18-01-2020, 02:10 PM #13
-

-

Quote:
Yeah,, it's a struggle. I'll be getting RE3 and VII but it looks like I'm gonna have to try to wrap up RE3 before VII comes out.

RE3 will struggle in it's current release date I think, RE2 and Kingdom hearts co-existed last year because, for the most part, their target audiences were different but both VII and RE3 is going for the same 90's gamer nostalgia crowd, given that most people would likely have to choose between getting one or the other, I think RE3 will lose out.
I personally just don't think RE3 will get the same critical reception as RE2 anyway... the original wasn't as good as RE2 for a start, and even though it'll similarly be a "re-imagining", it just doesn't have the same sort of "iconic location" as RE2's police station (or RE1's mansion). From what I remember, there was a fair bit of running around the streets, from location to location. Don't get me wrong, I think it'll still be a GOOD game and I'm looking forward to it, but I can't see it being quite as special as 2.
Old 18-01-2020, 02:17 PM #14
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I personally just don't think RE3 will get the same critical reception as RE2 anyway... the original wasn't as good as RE2 for a start, and even though it'll similarly be a "re-imagining", it just doesn't have the same sort of "iconic location" as RE2's police station (or RE1's mansion). From what I remember, there was a fair bit of running around the streets, from location to location. Don't get me wrong, I think it'll still be a GOOD game and I'm looking forward to it, but I can't see it being quite as special as 2.
It looks like there will be more of a focus on exploration this time around, from what I've heard, the areas are more open in how you approach objectives which is interesting.

It does seem like they're taking a more action fuelled approach but then again RE3 was far more action heavy than it's predecessors so it fits.

I think as long as it plays close to RE2 while forging it's own identity, it'll be pretty damn great. RE2's remake was damn close to being a perfect game to me.
Old 18-01-2020, 02:30 PM #15
-

-

Quote:
It looks like there will be more of a focus on exploration this time around, from what I've heard, the areas are more open in how you approach objectives which is interesting.

It does seem like they're taking a more action fuelled approach but then again RE3 was far more action heavy than it's predecessors so it fits.

I think as long as it plays close to RE2 while forging it's own identity, it'll be pretty damn great. RE2's remake was damn close to being a perfect game to me.
I remember thinking the same about original-RE2 on PSX when it was first out, I played it through countless times... and I remember being disappointed by 3 and only doing one playthrough, so maybe I'm just prejudiced by those memories .
Old 18-01-2020, 02:51 PM #16
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I remember thinking the same about original-RE2 on PSX when it was first out, I played it through countless times... and I remember being disappointed by 3 and only doing one playthrough, so maybe I'm just prejudiced by those memories .
3 was a let down after 2 but I think it does a lot of interesting things with the RE formula. If the leaks and such are believed, having a... semi-open world Raccoon city?.... Will be interesting. It's not exactly gonna be Skyrim but I think a focus on exploration will be quite unique for the series.

I still love 3 though and I'm eagerly awaiting the remake. I've wanted RE to go back to it's roots for years and RE7 (which despite all it's differences, was pretty much the most faithful RE game in years before RE2 came about) and RE2 have given me everything I want in that regard.

Survival horror is the way to go with RE, RE4 is an excellent game but RE5 and 6 almost derailed the franchise. The best thing Capcom can do is what it's doing now, I think. Back to basics.

I've heard rumours that they'll tease RE8 at Playstation 5's reveal event which makes sense given that we know from the leaks that revealed RE3 from the middle of last year that it's in development and if that's the case, I hope they stick to survival horror.
Old 18-01-2020, 03:08 PM #17
-

-

4 is obviously a brilliant game and I enjoyed Resi 5 in a sort of B-movie way... The main issue with both, of course is that they're "superhero games" - Leon and Chris are action heroes with guns and explosives coming out of their ears, spin kicking and falcon punching everything in their path. It's fun but it's literally NEVER scary, at all.

But 6 just isn't a good game. It isn't even a decent shooter, the "most action oriented" scenario (Chris) is FULL of design flaws and frustrating mechanics... It just isn't fun . I ended up blasting through the game on PC with an infinite ammo CheatEngine script, as I wanted to have played every game in the series but... I didn't want to actually play it.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
17th, 2077, cyberpunk, delayed, september