Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 18-12-2021, 01:42 PM #1
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Default NL: 3FM Serious Request Glazen Huis returns after absence of 4 years

https://www.tellerreport.com/life/20...yeBjC-WvK.html

The Glass House returns to 3FM during the Serious Request week. For the first time in four years, radio DJs are locked up for a week in a radio studio where radio will be broadcast 24 hours a day. The new Glass House will be located in Amersfoort.

The Glass House returns to 3FM during the Serious Request week.

For the first time in four years, radio DJs are locked up for a week in a radio studio where radio will be broadcast 24 hours a day.

The new Glass House will be located in Amersfoort. not in the city like previous other years but at a abandoned location, and only maximum of 1.000 allowed on that terrain so far this can still change in case of new lockdown rules etc

Sander Hoogendoorn, Frank van der Lende, Jorien Renkema and Rob Janssen move into the house in the week before Christmas and make radio 24 hours a day from 18 to 24 December.

This year, 3FM is raising money for the World Wildlife Fund and the station is committed to combating climate change by protecting and restoring South American rainforests.

3FM Serious Request has never ended: after the last Glass House edition in 2017, money was raised with the Lifeline, for which the DJs walked through the country and also continued to make radio 24 hours a day.

Hoogendoorn also participated in those editions, but understands that the Glass House is now coming back.

"At the time, there was a need for something new and we created something with the Lifeline that had never been done before, that was also very special. But the Glass House has a special place in my heart and it is impossible to surpass it, we heard that too from the listeners: people missed it very much. Then we are man enough to say: this was not it, we are going back into that house," said the radio DJ in conversation with NU.nl.

The Glass House is the way people are used to it, but still different.

Where for years no meal was consumed by the radio DJs, this year there are just snacks.

And the Glass House is interactive: in the building the greenhouse effect is imitated and the temperature drops only as a result of actions by the public present in Amersfoort.

For example, it may happen that Hoogendoorn and his colleagues will soon be working with 35 degrees; training in a sauna is therefore perhaps not an unnecessary luxury.

"I actually don't know what the maximum is, haha. I also let myself be surprised a bit, that's nice too. But practicing might be a good idea."

Market share fluctuates, listening figures are disappointing

The listening figures of NPO 3FM are still not at the level at which the station and the DJs would like to see it.

The market share has been fluctuating around 2 percent for a long time, making 3FM the eleventh channel in the Netherlands.

Hoogendoorn does not know whether the Glass House will change that.

"I think 3FM deserves better listening figures than this one, but I'm also used to the fact that we are no longer in the heyday. Of course I hope we will go up again, but I am no longer frustrated about it. Glass House is back and hope that a lot of people will talk about it and donate. That also deserves this goal."

At the peak of 3FM Serious Request, 13 million euros was raised.

Hoogendoorn does not want to mention a target amount at the moment.

"It's stupid to say, but that's really not what it's about. Serious Request is not about numbers, but about that feeling of togetherness. I remember so well that Giel (Beelen, ed.) once asked a boy how much money he had raised."2 euros!", he shouted proudly. Then it doesn't matter how much it is? The idea that such a boy has emptied his piggy bank with 10 cent coins is something you should think about I hope it will be the same this year."

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2021, 04:36 PM #2
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

2 Million euro was raised for the World Wildlife Fund

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Last edited by Nicky91; 24-12-2021 at 04:36 PM.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
3fm, absence, glazen, huis, nl, request, returns, serious, years