Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 07-06-2022, 09:47 AM #1

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Default Betting laws....confusion.

This one probably for TS...but if anyone else knows I'm all ears....not jug lugged, just willing to listen.

See online sites that provide slots to play..like bonanaza, gold party, punk rocker etc.

Why cant you do auto spins( setting 100 spins to play automatically) online. Yet the bookie terminals, pub machines and road side eateries, you can do auto spins?

What's going on with that?

More chance of gambling whilst drunk on a pub machine as well...very strange rules, imo.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:10 AM #2
-

-

This came in after my time HOWEVER I reckon I know the answer anyway, and it'll be player safeguarding/observation. It's designed to stop people going "over the top" with autoplays e.g. you could in theory have 10 different sites on 10 different games all autospinning at the same time. It's also all automated whereas IN THEORY in a shop there'll be a spotty 21 year old supposedly making sure you're "gambling responsibly" by monitoring your activity from behind the counter. Supposedly.

Anyway. In short, it's to place a limit on your £ losses over time, so that you can't (easily) spin on multiple games at once in different browser windows.

Official rules in shop say you can't play more than one machine at a time also, staff should stop you from doing so. In reality, most bookies will turn a blind eye to a big-staking regular playing two machines at once (so long as no one else is waiting to play). I did once have a chap trying to play all 4 machines at once and - as funny as that was to watch, as one of the machines was on the other side of the shop (and it was a large shop) - I did have to knock that on the head.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:05 PM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Thanks TS..

I find the pub machines very odd though.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:09 PM #4
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Thanks TS..

I find the pub machines very odd though.
Pub machines generally only take cash so they're considered self-limiting in that sense.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:27 PM #5

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:

A question for TS. How profitable were those FOBT machines in the bookies, before the £2 stake limit? I lost a few hundred in my time, i wouldn't do it much, i was going to the bookies every Saturday for Football. I would throw a tenner or twenty in most times. I would see some blokes do £100 spins at a time. I see some big wins, but some people walked out thousands down.

All Roulette fwiw.
Old 09-06-2022, 08:50 AM #6
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
A question for TS. How profitable were those FOBT machines in the bookies, before the £2 stake limit? I lost a few hundred in my time, i wouldn't do it much, i was going to the bookies every Saturday for Football. I would throw a tenner or twenty in most times. I would see some blokes do £100 spins at a time. I see some big wins, but some people walked out thousands down.

All Roulette fwiw.

Put it this way: They were the bulk of the profit in most stores (and still are in many, even with the £2 limit). So more than horses, greyhounds and sports betting combined.

The huge wins/losses of several thousand at a time more or less stopped with the restrictions on Roulette and Blackjack, but you'd be amazed how much money people can burn though in one slots session.

Inteeestibgly though, most of the big roulette players didn't switch to slots, mostly they switched to sports (American Football point spread betting surged) or virtual dogs (computer generated greyhound races).

In terms of odds and "spin duration" you can get a similar gambling outcome from a virtual dogs race as roulette (and of course, with no staking limit).

American football points spread is popular because it's handicap betting at 10/11 odds which is effectively the same bet as going all on red/black in roulette.

To answer the question in short, some days the shop could make a loss on the machines if someone won really big, but for the most part, the answer is several thousand £ per day pure profit in a shop with decent footfall.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:56 PM #7

Favourites:

Favourites:

Thanks for that. I always wondered.
Old 14-06-2023, 09:43 PM #8

The availability of auto spins or autoplay features in online slot games can vary depending on the platform or provider. While some online slot games do offer auto spin functionality, others may not have this feature due to various reasons. Regarding the availability of autoplay features on different types of gambling machines, regulations, and requirements can vary. It's important to note that responsible gambling measures are continually evolving, and regulations aim to strike a balance between offering entertainment and ensuring player protection. What I know for sure, this site thetrader.bet has no such problems, I use it all the time

Last edited by EastonBeegle; 14-06-2023 at 09:44 PM.
EastonBeegle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2023, 10:01 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBeegle View Post
The availability of auto spins or autoplay features in online slot games can vary depending on the platform or provider. While some online slot games do offer auto spin functionality, others may not have this feature due to various reasons. Regarding the availability of autoplay features on different types of gambling machines, regulations, and requirements can vary. It's important to note that responsible gambling measures are continually evolving, and regulations aim to strike a balance between offering entertainment and ensuring player protection. What I know for sure, this site thetrader.bet has no such problems, I use it all the time
We dont need links to gambling sites thank you very much

But I'm still going to click on it.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
betting, lawsconfusion