Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

View Poll Results: How well-behaved were you in high school (Years 7 to 11)
Okay-ish but not brilliant. Just a normal/average student in that sense 4 57.14%
Okay-ish but not brilliant. Just a normal/average student in that sense
4 57.14%
All over the place [sometimes both (good and bad)] 0 0%
All over the place [sometimes both (good and bad)]
0 0%
I wouldn’t say I was a model student but I was definitely good, faithful and just got on 1 14.29%
I wouldn’t say I was a model student but I was definitely good, faithful and just got on
1 14.29%
Good but quiet to the point where teachers always mentioned it on report-cards 0 0%
Good but quiet to the point where teachers always mentioned it on report-cards
0 0%
I was pretty bad, I can’t lie (noisy, smoked resin in the cloakroom, swore at teachers, etc.) 0 0%
I was pretty bad, I can’t lie (noisy, smoked resin in the cloakroom, swore at teachers, etc.)
0 0%
I really was a model student, all the time 1 14.29%
I really was a model student, all the time
1 14.29%
Other 1 14.29%
Other
1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-03-2023, 11:50 AM #26

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Very mixed.
Apart from the last year I went to a private school, came back to Britain and the shock of disrespect for and from teachers sent me off course😂
The maths teacher shouted my surname across the classroom and I of course replied in the same manner, he wasn’t a happy chappy and I was banned from all of his lessons.
I bunked of a lot of the time, was taken to school by the police, last straw for my lovely headmistress and she politely told me I wasn’t expected back next term.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2023, 03:40 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLand View Post
Average. Very talkative though, as one glance at any old school report will tell you.
My own was being very giggly (alongside one or two other lads) but like I said that was just a bit of fun in my last year of key stage 3. I went dramatically back to form in Year 10 and was more organised than I'd ever been. The only person who didn't notice the return to form was an ex French teacher who never let what happened in Year 9 go. But then she wasn't in the loop so it is what it is. I just know she kept tarring me with an old brush because of the one year I let her down. One year and she never forgot, even after it was no-longer relevant.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.

Last edited by Redway; 02-06-2023 at 12:03 AM.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2023, 05:46 PM #28

Default How well-behaved were you in high-(secondary) school?

I had a traumatic time at high school ..
I was very quiet and barely said a word ..

All my primary school friends went to the local high second modern school about 400 yards/metres away ..but I passed the grammar school exam so I ended up spending 5 years of hell there without really making any friends and it was about 5 miles away which seemed like another world .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Zizu; 16-05-2023 at 05:47 PM.
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2023, 05:54 PM #29

On the topic of quietude, I wish teachers weren’t so ambivalent towards it. The ideal student in this part of the world (whereas America has a more extraverted ideal) is someone who’s relatively quiet along with being docile (in a good way) and conscientious but teachers often yearn for some of these students to be a bit more active in class participation. I completely understand why they say that but while you’re being quietly conscientious, observing and paying attention it’s hard to be chit-chatting back to the teacher over every little thing any always raising your hand. But then I guess if you don’t do that at all people won’t know how smart you are and underestimate your capabilities up against the resident maths genius who everyone just assumes is better at English than you because they say a bit more in class. There was a girl like that in my head and to this day it really pisses me off that most people had no idea how smart she actually was. She was outspoken enough anywhere outside the classroom but within those particular four walks she literally never said a word. But at the end of the day what isn’t orally spoken is often very passionately expressed in writing and that’s what a lot of people don’t understand.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
highsecondary, school, wellbehaved