Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:29 AM #1
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Default The Marvels (Disney+) release date November 10, 2023 (trailer out now)

looking good

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2023, 12:31 PM #2
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

looking forward to this

Old 26-07-2023, 01:41 PM #3
You know my methods

You know my methods

no wonder the company has lost so much money
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2023, 01:55 PM #4
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
i doubt HBO Max makes more profits though, with their 2 or 3 years between each season flop plan

House of the Dragon, The Last of Us might have much hype with their first seasons but making those fans wait too long is gonna put people off their streaming service

and we all know DC is more of a flop than Marvel recently

and comparing Disney to Netflix, well at least Disney provides quality content rather than Netflix main focus nowadays on reality tv trash and a bit of Stranger Things in the summer (but not for long as this year is ST their last season so Netflix is gonna die off after that i reckon)

i like Disney for the classic series and the new content lots of variety

and tbh calling things ''woke'' has to stop either, did we do that in the past, NOPE and tbh some things from the past nowadays would be called woke too in modern times

Old 26-07-2023, 01:59 PM #5
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Disney invested just more into providing quality content for its subscribers

Indiana Jones collection
Star Wars collection
Marvel collection
Pride Month collection
Reality collection
Drama collection
Horror collection

+ also having several docu series and Air Crash Investigation content from their Nat Geo package

and amid the actors and screenwriters strike, having a lot on your service makes you stronger to survive that strike with older content, while Netflix, HBO rely on newer releases a lot more

i myself also like rewatching most of the disney channel original films, those are quite enjoyable still too

Old 27-07-2023, 12:08 PM #6
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
TBF and despite my initial skepticism - Ms Marvel was actually one of the better Disney+ MCU offerings.

One thing that is majorly bugging me recently is that they seem to be cheaping out on the CGI? I found it extremely noticeable in Wakanda Forever. The CGI in the movies pre-Endgame was notably better than the more recent movies. Only exceptions I'd make are Shang Chi, Doc Strange and Guardians 3 which were all on point with CGI.

Others are starting to look a little cartoony and I notice a bit of that in this trailer...
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2023, 12:25 PM #7
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post
TBF and despite my initial skepticism - Ms Marvel was actually one of the better Disney+ MCU offerings.

One thing that is majorly bugging me recently is that they seem to be cheaping out on the CGI? I found it extremely noticeable in Wakanda Forever. The CGI in the movies pre-Endgame was notably better than the more recent movies. Only exceptions I'd make are Shang Chi, Doc Strange and Guardians 3 which were all on point with CGI.

Others are starting to look a little cartoony and I notice a bit of that in this trailer...
i enjoyed watching Wakanda Forever though and i didn't notice anything regarding CGI in that? maybe i'm not an expert of that idk

Spiderman: No Way Home also had great CGI effects, tbh with most of Doctor Strange visuals of those portals and especially
Spoiler:

near the end of the film where the universes are basically coming into one and Doc has to erase all of those recent events, wiping everyone's memories so that nobody knows who spiderman is anymore
those effects were insanely good too

Old 27-07-2023, 02:26 PM #8
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
i enjoyed watching Wakanda Forever though and i didn't notice anything regarding CGI in that? maybe i'm not an expert of that idk

Spiderman: No Way Home also had great CGI effects, tbh with most of Doctor Strange visuals of those portals and especially
Spoiler:

near the end of the film where the universes are basically coming into one and Doc has to erase all of those recent events, wiping everyone's memories so that nobody knows who spiderman is anymore
those effects were insanely good too
Easiest way to see it is compare the CGI for Ironheart to Iron Man throughout the MCU ... it's nowhere near as realistic looking. It's worse than the original Iron Man and that was released in 2008!

I agree with Spider-man but, although Spidey is part of the MCU, his solo movies are still with Sony not Disney and it's one of Sony's biggest properties so those movies get the VIP treatment. Sony would never allow cut corners with their golden goose.
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2023, 09:17 PM #9

I think I read that the effects houses had a lot of work backed-up after the pandemic, and they are under pressure from Marvel - so the quality has gone done.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2024, 03:37 PM #10
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

release date on Disney+ February 7th

Old 23-01-2024, 11:54 PM #11

That film really flopped at the box office.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2024, 12:11 AM #12
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
i doubt HBO Max makes more profits though, with their 2 or 3 years between each season flop plan

House of the Dragon, The Last of Us might have much hype with their first seasons but making those fans wait too long is gonna put people off their streaming service

and we all know DC is more of a flop than Marvel recently

and comparing Disney to Netflix, well at least Disney provides quality content rather than Netflix main focus nowadays on reality tv trash and a bit of Stranger Things in the summer (but not for long as this year is ST their last season so Netflix is gonna die off after that i reckon)

i like Disney for the classic series and the new content lots of variety

and tbh calling things ''woke'' has to stop either, did we do that in the past, NOPE and tbh some things from the past nowadays would be called woke too in modern times
I definitely agree with you about the 2 to 3 year waits between each Season. You lose momentum in a Show when you have to wait that long, plus the Show will face a mini reboot between each Season because the writer's vision for the Show has likely changed between such a lengthy period of time, hence why most sequel Seasons on Streaming platforms are riddled with problems in the writing department.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2024, 12:23 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
That film really flopped at the box office.
Disney are slowly killing all of their IP's at the moment.

They need to come out with something fresh and creative, I know that's not Disney's strength normally, but I honestly think that people are fed up of seeing MOR takes on all of their older franchises.

I'm not saying to never revisit Marvel or Star Wars for example, but Disney needs to make sure that the story and characters are at least interesting if they want audiences to stick with them.

I'm confident that Disney will find a way to get themselves out of this situation (they always do) but the time for them to strike back is now, as the tide has been slowly turning against them post-Endgame.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 24-01-2024 at 12:24 AM.
Old 30-01-2024, 04:23 PM #14
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Was this any good, for those who seen it?

It looks like campy fun tbh, but my attention span is shot these days due to long covid and meds, so I'm a lot more fussy about how i spend my spoons with media

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2024, 04:31 PM #15
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Disney are slowly killing all of their IP's at the moment.

They need to come out with something fresh and creative, I know that's not Disney's strength normally, but I honestly think that people are fed up of seeing MOR takes on all of their older franchises.

I'm not saying to never revisit Marvel or Star Wars for example, but Disney needs to make sure that the story and characters are at least interesting if they want audiences to stick with them.

I'm confident that Disney will find a way to get themselves out of this situation (they always do) but the time for them to strike back is now, as the tide has been slowly turning against them post-Endgame.
Echo can be considered a success

i personally liked Moon Knight, didn't understand the criticism there tbh, cool visuals, original storyline of a new superhero

i also LOVED Werewolf by Night special presentation, i watched it in black/white, there also is a color version now

yes we are post-Endgame, and we got many newer heroes now, also a newer Captain America (which will be interesting to see a new dynamic between that character with President Thaddeus Ross, now played by Harrison Ford in the upcoming cap america brave new world and thunderbolts films)

we'll also get Chris Pratt as Star-Lord in something, since Guardians of Galaxy Vol 3 ending stated ''star-lord will return''

we got a new alien film coming up, also how they have that entire collection, as well as the entire predator collection, maybe a follow up to Prey or a sequel to The Predator, also a franchise worth exploring into some more

at least MCU isn't as dead as DC whom rely mostly on superman, batman rather than introducing newer heroes every once in a while

Disney also has the Poirot collection, so maybe a newer to come of that too some year?

Old 30-01-2024, 08:54 PM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Echo can be considered a success

i personally liked Moon Knight, didn't understand the criticism there tbh, cool visuals, original storyline of a new superhero

i also LOVED Werewolf by Night special presentation, i watched it in black/white, there also is a color version now

yes we are post-Endgame, and we got many newer heroes now, also a newer Captain America (which will be interesting to see a new dynamic between that character with President Thaddeus Ross, now played by Harrison Ford in the upcoming cap america brave new world and thunderbolts films)

we'll also get Chris Pratt as Star-Lord in something, since Guardians of Galaxy Vol 3 ending stated ''star-lord will return''

we got a new alien film coming up, also how they have that entire collection, as well as the entire predator collection, maybe a follow up to Prey or a sequel to The Predator, also a franchise worth exploring into some more

at least MCU isn't as dead as DC whom rely mostly on superman, batman rather than introducing newer heroes every once in a while

Disney also has the Poirot collection, so maybe a newer to come of that too some year?
I agree with you about DC, and they don't even run Superman very well at all nowadays.

And I agree with you that Disney has a lot of big IP's, and that some of their current efforts are probably overhated. It's hard to 100% say when I haven't watched everything that they've made.

All I can say is that financially they're having a lot of flops (even the MCU has had it's first commercial failure at the Cinemas) and imo the quality of a lot of the stuff that Disney's making (including the so called "good" Shows like WandaVision and The Mandalorian) are imo really bad quality compared to a lot of the other stuff that's currently being made, and that's saying something considering I find American Entertainment in general nowadays to be akin to Guantanamo Bay.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 30-01-2024 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:30 PM #17
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I agree with you about DC, and they don't even run Superman very well at all nowadays.

And I agree with you that Disney has a lot of big IP's, and that some of their current efforts are probably overhated. It's hard to 100% say when I haven't watched everything that they've made.

All I can say is that financially they're having a lot of flops (even the MCU has had it's first commercial failure at the Cinemas) and imo the quality of a lot of the stuff that Disney's making (including the so called "good" Shows like WandaVision and The Mandalorian) are imo really bad quality compared to a lot of the other stuff that's currently being made, and that's saying something considering I find American Entertainment in general nowadays to be akin to Guantanamo Bay.

i'll judge it for myself, i don't trust those ''critics'' anymore, if the only ***** they seem to praise these days are the snoozefests like Oppenheimer

also as if the MCU doesn't attract big name stars for character roles

okay Jason Statham maybe not but he's a hypocrite as if The Meg films don't use green screen technology

but having big names like Samuel L Jackson, now also Harrison Ford onboard

a huge rising star a la Iman Vellani as Ms Marvel

as for the Echo series, pure quality
----------

Disney also has a nice success now with Percy Jackson & The Olympians

i hope somehow they can find a way for a season 4 of the series Siren, i personally LUV LUV LUV it, it was on freeform at first, maybe Hulu could renew it? deffo think it is quite worth it, the visuals of that series are literally insanely good, especially the underwater scenes, also a very detailed portrayal of mermaids, mermen

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
10, 2023, date, disney, marvels, november, release, trailer