Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 06-09-2023, 11:26 AM #51
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post
With that one he might not even have been bored, if you take enough pictures (or a high frame rate video...) over 5-10 minutes of anyone at all, you'll be able to cherry pick one out where they look however you want them to look. People's faces move and if you catch them right you can frame it however you want. You could catch someone whose nose has just started itching and they pull a face, and say "Here they are at this kid's birthday party but they look FURIOUS AND DISGUSTED??".

Hells... my daughter (aged 4 at the time) made a really inappropriate comment at my mum's funeral and I full-on guffawed. If someone had snapped a pic they could have said I was having a right good ol' time sat there in front of the coffin .
They look pretty happy in this video of the same night

https://www.tiktok.com/@thasklassy/v...25976048651562

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 12:25 PM #52
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Harry and Meghan supporters obsessed with tibb members having an opinion
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 12:28 PM #53
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Harry and Meghan supporters obsessed with tibb members having an opinion
I think H&M supporters get to hear the same opinions in thread after thread after thread. You're misplacing the obsessive nature of repetition
Old 06-09-2023, 12:43 PM #54

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
I think H&M supporters get to hear the same opinions in thread after thread after thread. You're misplacing the obsessive nature of repetition
But some things are newsworthy when it comes to H&M. Their carbon footprint hypocrisy, their wanting privacy yet being in the public eye every chance they get. There is plenty of things to discuss about them. Like them or not, Harry has ALWAYS been a huge talking point in this country, and he really hasn't helped himself in recent years.

The problem with these threads is balance, and always has been. There is none. Harry looking bored at a concert isn't newsworthy, maybe it's worth a comment. Meghan not going to football match also isn't newsworthy.

But again, some of their bollocks is certainly worth talking about.
Old 06-09-2023, 12:46 PM #55
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
But some things are newsworthy when it comes to H&M. Their carbon footprint hypocrisy, their wanting privacy yet being in the public eye every chance they get. There is plenty of things to discuss about them. Like them or not, Harry has ALWAYS been a huge talking point in this country, and he really hasn't helped himself in recent years.

The problem with these threads is balance, and always has been. There is none. Harry looking bored at a concert isn't newsworthy, maybe it's worth a comment. Meghan not going to football match also isn't newsworthy.

But again, some of their bollocks is certainly worth talking about.
I completely agree that some of the stuff they do is most definitely newsworthy. Just to point out, though, I said that these are repeated in thread after thread after thread, then you start your reply by bringing out all the same old hits you can find in thread after thread after thread.

Again, I agree about #beyoncefootie gate
Old 06-09-2023, 12:52 PM #56
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
They are in the news for their constant bull sh1t

And this forum is here for members to express their opinions

Unfortunately people like you can’t handle that and instead of defending Meghan and harry you try and silence those members by labelling them obsessed or weird
Old 06-09-2023, 01:01 PM #57

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I completely agree that some of the stuff they do is most definitely newsworthy. Just to point out, though, I said that these are repeated in thread after thread after thread, then you start your reply by bringing out all the same old hits you can find in thread after thread after thread.

Again, I agree about #beyoncefootie gate
Yeah, the South Park episode summed it up quite well. The gist of it being that yes, they're annoying and there's no doubt they crave attention, but there's this weird phenomenon surrounding them and the need to analyse every single thing they do, now matter how nothingy it might be.

I dunno, i swear my mental health has improved by not getting involved much with these threads recently So like you say, there's no point in going over old ground with them. Until something actually newsworthy comes out, im going to continue my minimal output in these H&M threads
Old 06-09-2023, 01:02 PM #58
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
They are in the news for their constant bull sh1t

And this forum is here for members to express their opinions

Unfortunately people like you can’t handle that and instead of defending Meghan and harry you try and silence those members by labelling them obsessed or weird
I'm not trying to silence anyone. You're still free to post the same things in thread after thread after thread, and I'm free to have an opinion on those repetitive posts. No one is being silenced.

If you post in the footie thread and then I have an opinion on what you've written, then why is that an attempt at silencing?

Nicky got hammered on the forum the other day for posting separately in a load of different footie threads, and not even he used the "woe is me, they're trying to silence me" defence.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:06 PM #59
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Yeah, the South Park episode summed it up quite well. The gist of it being that yes, they're annoying and there's no doubt they crave attention, but there's this weird phenomenon surrounding them and the need to analyse every single thing they do, now matter how nothingy it might be.

I dunno, i swear my mental health has improved by not getting involved much with these threads recently So like you say, there's no point in going over old ground with them. Until something actually newsworthy comes out, im going to continue my minimal output in these H&M threads
I haven't seen the SP episode you're talking about, but your first paragraph pretty much sums up my opinion on the TIBB/H&M love/hate affair. It's honestly just really strange to me. I just don't get it in anyway.

As Arista would say to your 2nd paragraph - you are most wise.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:07 PM #60
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Yeah agree with that as well, it's not nice to see glee about a couple with 2 young kids possibly splitting up either (is it even true though, they look happy enough to me at that Beyonce concert and I don't mean that one cherry picked shot of Harry!)

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 01:11 PM #61
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

I don't give a crap if they have marital problems or not. It's none of my business. I don't know them, it has zero effect on me
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 01:56 PM #62
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Yeah agree with that as well, it's not nice to see glee about a couple with 2 young kids possibly splitting up either (is it even true though, they look happy enough to me at that Beyonce concert and I don't mean that one cherry picked shot of Harry!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I don't give a crap if they have marital problems or not. It's none of my business. I don't know them, it has zero effect on me

Adding further to Nimahs post, even if it is true about them, the laughing and joke making at their expense is truly horrific and is very telling on the characters of those doing it.
They don’t see that though, that’s their ‘opinion’

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:08 PM #63
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Members are not going stop because other members don’t like what they are saying about people that have nothing to do with them

So suck it up
Old 06-09-2023, 02:08 PM #64
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:

The weirdest part about the SP episode is that the Media Puffyfaces and right wing commentators were absolutely crowing about it, somehow completely missing the fact that half of the joke in the episode was aimed squarely at them ... in fact if anything, the balance leaned slightly more that way.

The were all like "HA HA! HAHAhahaha! They're making fun of Harry and Meghan!!". I can only assume they either only watched the cherrypicked clips from the Alt Right Podcast circuit (likely) or they're simply too thick to know when they're being made fun of (also likely).
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:10 PM #65
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

As to bit on the sides bollox

Nearly every thread on here is none of you business
But you still post so stop being a hypocrite
Old 06-09-2023, 02:15 PM #66
Adios

Adios

Sheriff woke up and chose violence today

Old 06-09-2023, 02:17 PM #67

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
The weirdest part about the SP episode is that the Media Puffyfaces and right wing commentators were absolutely crowing about it, somehow completely missing the fact that half of the joke in the episode was aimed squarely at them ... in fact if anything, the balance leaned slightly more that way.

The were all like "HA HA! HAHAhahaha! They're making fun of Harry and Meghan!!". I can only assume they either only watched the cherrypicked clips from the Alt Right Podcast circuit (likely) or they're simply too thick to know when they're being made fun of (also likely).
I felt it went slightly more in the other direction, based purely on how Matt and Trey have had utter contempt for over indulged, entitled and hypocritical celebs over the years. Which is what they are, lets be honest. I understand the nit picking of everything they do, like the football match, and him not looking all that into a Beyonce concent is ott now, but the fact imo still remains that they really don't live in reality, granted like most celebs in their position. They just never really come across as relatable or likeable in any way.
Old 06-09-2023, 02:18 PM #68

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post

Adding further to Nimahs post, even if it is true about them, the laughing and joke making at their expense is truly horrific and is very telling on the characters of those doing it.
They don’t see that though, that’s their ‘opinion’
I feel your pain. I often wonder about the characters and morals of those who defend all the actions and bull**** of H&M.

Personally, I’d much prefer them to shut up than split up.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:18 PM #69
Adios

Adios

Quote:

It was amazing to see lmao. It because they’re so used to be drip fed bias. Or they’re just too simple

Old 06-09-2023, 02:19 PM #70
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I feel your pain. I often wonder about the characters and morals of those who defend all the actions and bull**** of H&M.

Personally, I’d much prefer them to shut up than split up.
If they did that what would you spend your days obsessing over?

Old 06-09-2023, 02:22 PM #71

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I haven't seen the SP episode you're talking about, but your first paragraph pretty much sums up my opinion on the TIBB/H&M love/hate affair. It's honestly just really strange to me. I just don't get it in anyway.

As Arista would say to your 2nd paragraph - you are most wise.
You should try and watch it Slim, it's only about 22 mins. I'd actually be interested to hear your take it. It divides opinion for sure.
Old 06-09-2023, 02:27 PM #72

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
It was amazing to see lmao. It because they’re so used to be drip fed bias. Or they’re just too simple
But they're not defending either of them in the episode either, Matt and Trey do take the piss out of H&M's blatant hypocrisy, that can't be denied.
Old 06-09-2023, 02:37 PM #73

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If they did that what would you spend your days obsessing over?
Don’t know. Maybe you could help and point me in the direction of other awful people who you think are wonderful.
Old 06-09-2023, 02:56 PM #74
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Don’t know. Maybe you could help and point me in the direction of other awful people who you think are wonderful.
Im sure the Daily Mail will have someone for you!

Old 06-09-2023, 03:04 PM #75

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Im sure the Daily Mail will have someone for you!
I can only hope!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alleged, contacted, divorce, harry, lawyers, prince, reports