Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 03-07-2023, 01:46 PM #1
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Exclamation Streaming Service Wars: Netflix gets more expensive and is losing big time

makes an interesting one to debate on here i think

which streaming services provide most content as of now?

which one the least?

for me personally Disney+ and SkyShowtime are the current best streaming services i think, am very happy that i have both of them, SkyShowtime ain't expensive at all, you just pay for a whole year instead of every month, and Disney our price of 10 euros ain't much at all for everything they have to offer, for all age groups you have something of quality content and that is really great, also good they have quite a lot of classics as well as lots of new

we had HBO at first too, however not a huge load of variety on there, still it was better than Netflix too we thought

Amazon Prime we only had for a short while, a too glitchy app, too slow and too little shows what we liked i guess

how about some of you? which streaming services do you currently have, and which ones did you have but not anymore?

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 01:50 PM #2
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i also don't think Disney and SkyShowtime should consider each other as huge rivals, as they should focus on what they for themselves offer of quality content, if you provide quality content, people will purchase accounts

unlike stupid Netflix whom just drives customers away making everything too expensive, banning usage of multiple free accounts (now i deffo don't need it anymore bore off, everyone's own choice if they want their own account for their own rooms in their house i mean not everyone has same tastes of what they want to watch )

Old 03-07-2023, 04:03 PM #3

Default Streaming Service Wars: Netflix gets more expensive and is losing big time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
makes an interesting one to debate on here i think

which streaming services provide most content as of now?

which one the least?

for me personally Disney+ and SkyShowtime are the current best streaming services i think, am very happy that i have both of them, SkyShowtime ain't expensive at all, you just pay for a whole year instead of every month, and Disney our price of 10 euros ain't much at all for everything they have to offer, for all age groups you have something of quality content and that is really great, also good they have quite a lot of classics as well as lots of new

we had HBO at first too, however not a huge load of variety on there, still it was better than Netflix too we thought

Amazon Prime we only had for a short while, a too glitchy app, too slow and too little shows what we liked i guess

how about some of you? which streaming services do you currently have, and which ones did you have but not anymore?

Sky full package apart from kiddies channels
Netflix
Amazon Prime
BT Sport
ViaPlay Sport
Paramount
Disney
Apple ( 3 months free trial )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Zizu; 03-07-2023 at 04:03 PM.
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 04:06 PM #4
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

We have Netflix, Prime and Disney+ ... Disney+ is probably best for existing content but honestly none of them are currently exactly great for new content. Netflix once upon a time had some great shows but it's all a bit cheap & cheerful these days. A few good shows still e.g. Stranger Things but having 3+ years between seasons is a bit of a joke (the same goes for HBO with House of the Dragon etc.).

I think they all need to sort it out to be honest... a regular release schedule is needed at very least. I can appreciate that bigger budget shows need time to be made and edited but it really ruins the hype. They used to manage to get a season of Game of Thrones out every year for the first several seasons .
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 03:13 PM #5
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Streamers like to make a lot of Movie Shows nowadays, hence why TV has gone downhill over the last few years imo.

In my view a Movie plot doesn't suit going on between 8 to 10 episodes, it means there'll be lots of padding, and most Movie plots don't really have the depth to be interesting over an entire Season, but the Streamers keep insisting on making most of their Shows like that.

I tend to find Streaming platforms are only really good for old Shows and foreign/non English Shows.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 03:51 PM #6

It’s all getting crazy … far too many direct debits!!

We’ve just got a 3 months free trial with Apple and I was wondering about continuing with the DD ( £6.99) and watch a few Messi games in MLS … when I looked into it .. it looks like the MLS coverage is an extra £12.99 per month !!

Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 01:28 PM #7
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
It’s all getting crazy … far too many direct debits!!

We’ve just got a 3 months free trial with Apple and I was wondering about continuing with the DD ( £6.99) and watch a few Messi games in MLS … when I looked into it .. it looks like the MLS coverage is an extra £12.99 per month !!

I don't mind the amounts, you choose to pay for what you choose to pay for, I just hate having things coming out randomly scattered over the month. I try to orchestrate it all coming out on the same day as far as is possible. Generally though I prefer paying for 12 months at a time on the services that offer that (Prime and Disney+ spring to mind). Wish Netflix would offer an annual plan with a discount .
Old 10-07-2023, 01:59 PM #8
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Netflix makes everything expensive, bans multiple accounts/profile usage and providing little quality content, also a **** load of unnecessary reality tv shows taking up loads of space

while Disney+ prefers quality over quantity and also for a not so expensive price, whom are already customers (like me) keep paying 10 euros a month, that's not much

successes of The Mandalorian also been good for them, now with the fan hype releases soon to come Indiana Jones 5, and recently released on it Avatar 2 also very good

and its also good to have bingewatch worthy first watch/rewatch classic series on that too like The Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time, Angel & Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Bones, How I Met Your Mother, The Golden Girls

Marvel seems to be doing better than DC over on HBO Max i think, more actors whom are interested in wanting to play roles in future films or series, i've read Keanu Reeves was in talks of making his MCU debut

i'm looking forward to the Blade reboot, and i have a feeling this might not be a flop reboot as i like that Mahershala Ali actor (i know him from the 4400) he's quite a good actor, different than Wesley Snipes but still you don't need to exactly copy the originals tbh

Old 10-07-2023, 06:48 PM #9
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

i used to have every streaming service, but have cancelled the subs one by one and re-subscribe every so often to pick up things i want to watch or have missed.

Netflix for example, you can cancel for 6 months and then subscribe for a month to catch up. Disney+ i haven't even felt the need to re-subscribe
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 08:57 PM #10
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i used to have every streaming service, but have cancelled the subs one by one and re-subscribe every so often to pick up things i want to watch or have missed.

Netflix for example, you can cancel for 6 months and then subscribe for a month to catch up. Disney+ i haven't even felt the need to re-subscribe
I'd probably do that because things to watch are so haphazard... But I keep getting cheap or free deals on Disney+ (I've had the 6 months bought with Tesco Clubcard points twice, and I got a whole year free with my last phone contract) and we have Prime by default because we use Prime delivery a lot and it all just comes as standard with that. Pay it annually. Always forget then complain when they grab like £100 off me every April .

So it's just the ol' Netflix we pay for monthly. It has gone a bit crap in recent years but my eldest watches quite a few things on it still. Personally I'd probably just resub for Cobra Kai and Stranger Things... Though both of those only have one season left .

I do enjoy a bit of Too Hot To Handle and Love Is Blind, to be frr.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big, expensive, losing, netflix, service, streaming, time, wars