Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB8 Big Brother 8 was won by Brian Belo. Post about 2007's series here.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:33 PM #1

Default Ham Role - Is playing \'Pauline\' a mission impossible?

Quote:
Thaila came to the Diary Room this afternoon to get in touch with her inner Brit for a while.

"I've completely lost my accent," she said, with no trace of it, to Big Brother. Maybe a dingo stole it.

"I don't know what I'm doing. I'm scared of speaking with a louder voice, because I'm nervous of ********** up."

"How is your second day at work?" Big Brother asked the actress.

"I can see Tracey is suspicious of me," she confessed, "so I'm a bit scared to talk to her, because I don't want to mess up around her. And Carole as well. But obviously I have to talk to them, I can't run away otherwise they'll get more suspicious." But you haven't been sussed yet.

"Every time they talk about my psychic ability," she continued, in perfect non-Aussie English, "I keep wanting to laugh because it's so silly, that I can read food. I don't know how it's going."

Big Brother: "What's your motivation while playing 'Pauline'?"

"I don't really know how far how to take it. I don't want to be too silly, as I know people are already suspicious. I keep worrying about my accent. It seems to have slipped and I keep saying really English words. I'm not saying typical Australian words either. I keep getting worried I'll get too comfortable and reveal myself. Not in a flasher kind of way. But reveal Thaila."

Thaila shrugged, admitting that being a fraudster was playing on her mind. "I feel a bit bad for leading them up the garden path," she said.

"And the psychic thing, I thought I'd do Nicky's psychic personality thing when she's finished her porridge, look in her bowl and see if there's any leftovers. But there was only a little bit of scuzz."

After lending some support, it was time for Big Brother to crank 'Pauline' up a notch. "You must now use your acting skills to flirt with the male housemates. Big Brother suggests you ask Liam how often he works out and imply he looks stronger than Ziggy, And tell Brian you love what he's done with his hair."

"What has he done with his hair?" she asked. "You want me to flirt with the boys? All the girls are gonna hate me."

Expelling a big sigh, Thaila looked up. "Hi. G'day. Oh God I feel like such a knob when I say g'day."
Article Channel 4
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
'pauline', ham, impossible, mission, playing, role