Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 16-10-2023, 01:11 AM #1

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:
Default No Point Betting Anymore

The bookies are scum of the earth. It's just one big con. What's even the point that if you do win a nice a little sum, you have to go through all that (see video) just to get paid.

I remember on one site, i won £400 about 2 years ago in one night, i was drinking and VERY lucky to win anything, anyway, when i went to withdraw the money they froze the funds and i had to provide SIX forms of ID including Driving License, pictures of my debit card, recent bank statements, a household bill and more, just for them to pay me out, all that they say was to "protect me". I finally got paid out after all that, and then they closed my account.

Literally no point, because they will do everything they can not to pay you out, and 9/10 times they'll be successful due to all the terms in the small print that write up.

Last edited by Swan; 16-10-2023 at 01:13 AM.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2023, 10:25 PM #2
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

£1k bets and left a £100+ tip for successful payout? Dodgy customer, probably money laundering, probably known to centralised security services. Will have been identified after that first payout.

£100 tip is a red flag.

It's not about not wanting to pay him out, £12000 is chump change, facilitating money laundering will get you shut down.

My personal feeling on those bets going back to when I was managing a high street bookies: I wouldn't have toaken the bets in the first place.

Funnily enough... I'd have told them to **** off to Hills .
Soldier Boy is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2023, 11:55 PM #3

Favourites:

Favourites:

I dunno, he took it to the Mail and the local MP, would have to be pretty stupid to do that had he been dodgy.
Old 17-10-2023, 01:30 AM #4
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
I dunno, he took it to the Mail and the local MP, would have to be pretty stupid to do that had he been dodgy.
He laid £3k in cash in a high-street bookies and didn't want to give them personal details for payout, there's no question for me that it doesn't add up. He's not some naive, inexperienced young gambler throwing £1k bets around. There's just no chance.

What I reckon happened though, was that an inexperienced cashier processed the bets and took payment for them without having them verified by the actual bookmakers (shop staff are not bookmakers) and he's likely a known customer. Had the bets been properly vetted before being accepted they would in all likelihood never have been accepted in the first place.

However since they were accepted and money changed hands, all they can do to try to make sure they're adhering to regulations (which are set independently) is try to log as much info as possible. Customer knows that - that's why he's refusing payment to bank account. I find it highly unlikely that they're withholding payment entirely - they're filibustering on payment-in-cash, and he is refusing alternate payment. He's within his rights to do that, but CAN'T claim refusal to pay, if the offer of electronic payment has been made.

He got his cash in the end and relatively quickly at 3 weeks... because at the end of the day, the cashier accepted the bet (whether they should have or not, they did).

Can all but guarantee the cashier will have had an official warning & probationary period for it, and a bollocking from an area manager.

Sh*t people to work for as well as to deal with - that's worth remembering. The poor sods on the counter don't make the rules, aren't particularly well paid, and sharks are CONSTANTLY on the lookout for inexperienced staff to take advantage of.

Oh also - all the high street bookies have centralised security (you can hear them over the annoy in this video). Highly likely that it was them who contacted local police, not the staff in shop. WAAAY more hassle than its worth.
Soldier Boy is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
anymore, betting, point