Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-12-2023, 06:15 PM #1

Default Prince Harry….

Claims he was ‘forced’ to leave the UK and live in the US….I swear he made the choice to step back…and I swear he wallowed in his Documentary about their flight of freedom when they left for Canada….
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 08:15 PM #2
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Claims he was ‘forced’ to leave the UK and live in the US….I swear he made the choice to step back…and I swear he wallowed in his Documentary about their flight of freedom when they left for Canada….
Did you ever see his interview with Dr. Gabor? He's some sort of pseudo-science mental health professional/"trauma expert". It was wild. Their philosophy is easily summed up as looking for trauma under every rock and its influence in every aspect of life. Listening to Harry, you'd think he was on the same tier intellectually as the person "diagnosing" him when it comes to mental health. If that's the type of intellectual exceptionalism he's been surrounded by his entire privileged life, it's no wonder he's still looking for more reasons to pin blame for his issues on things that "happened" to him... nothing he caused, but that he was just an innocent bystander...

Last edited by Maru; 07-12-2023 at 08:20 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 09:17 PM #3
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Maru, describing Gabor Maté - an extremely well known mental health/psychology author as well as a very experienced, and 100% qualified, Medical Doctor - as "That Doctor Gabor - some sort of trauma expert" like he's some conman who bought a degree off the internet is certainly wild. Gosh.

And trauma is absolutely at the core of the Royal Family going way back. Even if it wasn't, Harry lost his mother at a young age, and his parental unit to ugly (and very public) divorce before that. Love him or loathe him, it would be a wild take to suggest that Harry is NOT a product of generational trauma.

Last edited by Soldier Boy; 07-12-2023 at 09:18 PM.
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 09:24 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post
Maru, describing Gabor Maté - an extremely well known mental health/psychology author as well as a very experienced, and 100% qualified, Medical Doctor - as "That Doctor Gabor - some sort of trauma expert" like he's some conman who bought a degree off the internet is certainly wild. Gosh.

And trauma is absolutely at the core of the Royal Family going way back. Even if it wasn't, Harry lost his mother at a young age, and his parental unit to ugly (and very public) divorce before that. Love him or loathe him, it would be a wild take to suggest that Harry is NOT a product of generational trauma.

I’ve always felt sorry and at the same time always liked Harry

I recall him being the national treasure at one stage .. before Meghan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 10:21 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
I’ve always felt sorry and at the same time always liked Harry

I recall him being the national treasure at one stage .. before Meghan

Harry was much loved by the public…after he met Meghan they were equally adored…you only have to gauge that by the millions that lined the streets for their Wedding day.
When they stepped down and only wanted the job Part time but with all the trimmings the Queen stepped in and said you are either in or you are out. They chose to leave and jumped on their flight of ‘Freedom’ as they called it…laughing and mocking it in their pathetic Documentry. They chose the path to freedom but decided to spend most of their new found freedom publicly annihilating the Royal Family accusing them of cutting off their income/Security and not allowing their children to inherit their titles…playing the victim card.
To claim they were forced out is rubbish….it was what they wanted to do. They didn’t want to be Senior Royals..they wanted the best of both worlds and they simply couldn’t have it.
Harry now comes across as a spoiled brat…they can well afford their own Security…so what’s the problem.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 10:33 PM #6
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

H&M simply thought they were bigger than the royal family and could go their own way without being told what to do. People can make up their own minds whether they think they were right or not
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 12:07 AM #7

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Forced? What utter rubbish. They left, I have no doubt majorly egged on by Meghan, to get far away to sunny California, envisioning themselves as Royal superstars fawned over by A list celebs, attending star studded galas and making buckets of cash by throwing Harry's own family under the bus. I mean, poor Meghan was amazed she had to shake hands with commoners and not even get paid for doing it….and nobody asked the delicate flower if she was okay, while they were bending over backwards to accommodate her many demands.

They had to think up good reasons for jumping ship - and Meghan’s long list of ridiculous tall tales to Oprah were the result. Unluckily for them the public aren’t as thick as they thought.
Their vile behaviour has shown them up for what they are - a pair of talentless, mean, destructive laughing stocks who are now reduced to nothing more than desperate tabloid fodder material.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 12:51 AM #8

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Harry has had a massive fall from grace. He was adored by the general public when he displayed the decent side of his character. He might well have some grievances and some mental health issues stemming from his past, and I can accept that and feel for him if that’s the case.

Unfortunately, he has become self-absorbed, self-pitying and vengeful, and has dealt with issues in the wrong way. If he has mental health issues, he should be dealing with them privately with a professional, rather than broadcasting them to the world. In the same way, he should address family grievances directly with those involved, rather than betraying them through interviews and tell-all books, which will probably destroy any and all relationships with those family members. He lacks any sense of dignity or self-respect.

At a time when many people in the world are suffering serious hardships due to the pandemic, war, natural disasters and poverty, and at a time when the average person in the street is struggling, it is hard to feel pity for someone who has had the privileges in life that Harry has had. To be complaining of having a smaller bedroom than his brother at Windsor Castle is petty, ridiculous and infuriating to me, when working class siblings often have to share a bedroom throughout their childhoods.

He has no idea of the hardships of people living in the real world, no experience of the horrors of truly damaging upbringings and families, and no concept of the destructiveness of the severe mental health anguish that emerges as a consequence.

Maybe Harry would be happier if he reframed his thinking, and focused on all those things he was lucky enough to have had and all the positives in his very privileged life.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 03:23 AM #9
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post

I don't think he has a degree in anything mental health related, but even he did, he was peddling a diagnosis for a live audience and pushing feel good philosophical nonsense as if it were legitimate medicine. They were both playing the expert (hardly a patient...) and it was verging on manifestation claptrap. He may be "qualified" in some sense, but that doesn't make a doctor any less prone to quackery in my eyes. The fact he would "diagnose" Harry on a live interview where his main job is to sell his book was unsettling enough.

My main takeaway from Harry is if this is what he's been surrounded by, this kind of chatter, then it's no wonder he still has the problems he does.

Last edited by Maru; 08-12-2023 at 03:24 AM.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:40 AM #10
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
Harry has had a massive fall from grace. He was adored by the general public when he displayed the decent side of his character. He might well have some grievances and some mental health issues stemming from his past, and I can accept that and feel for him if that’s the case.

Unfortunately, he has become self-absorbed, self-pitying and vengeful, and has dealt with issues in the wrong way. If he has mental health issues, he should be dealing with them privately with a professional, rather than broadcasting them to the world. In the same way, he should address family grievances directly with those involved, rather than betraying them through interviews and tell-all books, which will probably destroy any and all relationships with those family members. He lacks any sense of dignity or self-respect.

At a time when many people in the world are suffering serious hardships due to the pandemic, war, natural disasters and poverty, and at a time when the average person in the street is struggling, it is hard to feel pity for someone who has had the privileges in life that Harry has had. To be complaining of having a smaller bedroom than his brother at Windsor Castle is petty, ridiculous and infuriating to me, when working class siblings often have to share a bedroom throughout their childhoods.

He has no idea of the hardships of people living in the real world, no experience of the horrors of truly damaging upbringings and families, and no concept of the destructiveness of the severe mental health anguish that emerges as a consequence.

Maybe Harry would be happier if he reframed his thinking, and focused on all those things he was lucky enough to have had and all the positives in his very privileged life.
But if he does this, he has to give up the millions he's claimed playing permanent victim to now "expert". It's quite sad. Because he's put himself on the same path to keep reliving the things that allegedly cause him the most pain... just to sell books I guess?
Old 08-12-2023, 06:47 AM #11

Old 08-12-2023, 06:51 AM #12

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

I dont think Harry could be forced to do anything but if he was pushed it would have been by his wife .

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 07:47 AM #13
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I think this is easily covered by 'recollections may vary'

He wasn't forced to do anything, they wanted their cake and eat it and Liz said no, so he flounced off

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2024, 08:03 AM #14

Thought this was the best place to put this .. given the thread title

Sooooo apparently historians have found some remarkable similarities between Harry and Henry ( the eighth ) ..

Sadly I can’t remember them all but the obvious ones were that they were both gingers , second ( spare ) sons and Henry was known as Harry when he was younger.

Both very outgoing and both sporty ( and liked the women)

Both were allied to do just about anything they wanted with zero restrictions

Old 13-03-2024, 08:13 AM #15
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Not an insane comparison tbh. Henry VIII was instrumental in changing the monarchy and governance, and the relationship between Church and State.

I don't doubt Prince Harry would implement similar changes to suit himself, if he could.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2024, 08:20 AM #16

[Sooooo apparently historians have found some remarkable similarities between Harry and Henry ( the eighth ) ..]

Spiffing
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2024, 08:20 AM #17
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Thought this was the best place to put this .. given the thread title

Sooooo apparently historians have found some remarkable similarities between Harry and Henry ( the eighth ) ..

Sadly I can’t remember them all but the obvious ones were that they were both gingers , second ( spare ) sons and Henry was known as Harry when he was younger.

Both very outgoing and both sporty ( and liked the women)

Both were allied to do just about anything they wanted with zero restrictions

Should of left the comparison at ginger
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2024, 08:28 AM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Should of left the comparison at ginger

Why ? The rest are perfectly fair comparisons..

There are many more just can’t recall them

Old 13-03-2024, 08:33 AM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Not an insane comparison tbh. Henry VIII was instrumental in changing the monarchy and governance, and the relationship between Church and State.

I don't doubt Prince Harry would implement similar changes to suit himself, if he could.

Around 1537
before he became so obese, it killed him.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2024, 08:36 AM #20
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post

Around 1537
Thank you for that, I had forgotten about what he looked like and how he died.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2024, 08:42 AM #21

Default Prince Harry….

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post

Around 1537

He suffered terrible infections due to a jousting accident and never really recovered .

He gained weight at an alarming rate when he was dibilitated due to the injury and subsequent infections ..and was unpredictable and angry as he was always so poorly . His wounds never healed due to severe infections and the wounds stank terribly .. you could smell him from 50 yards !

His life ( and the lives of others … wives) and the history of our country would have been so different if he hadn’t gone jousting thst fateful morn .

Last edited by Zizu; 13-03-2024 at 08:45 AM.
Old 13-03-2024, 08:43 AM #22
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Why ? The rest are perfectly fair comparisons..

There are many more just can’t recall them

Because harry is a spoiled child who wants to tell people to walk everywhere or ride a bike while he takes private jets around the world to hand out fake awards

The bloke has turned out to be a complete bell end

I know that’s hard for you to hear as you love to rim him when ever a thread comes up.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2024, 08:46 AM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Because harry is a spoiled child who wants to tell people to walk everywhere or ride a bike while he takes private jets around the world to hand out fake awards

The bloke has turned out to be a complete bell end

I know that’s hard for you to hear as you love to rim him when ever a thread comes up.

How is all that guff relevant to my comparisons post ?

Old 13-03-2024, 10:24 AM #24

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

They both look like arseholes
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2024, 12:23 PM #25
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Henry VIII had grandparents with serious mental health issues. His grandmother, who was behind the tudors gaining the throne, was completely insane. She was a big influence on Henry in his youth
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
harry…, prince