Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Celebrity Big Brother 2024 CBB 23 starts March 4th 2024 on ITV.

Old 15-03-2024, 10:25 PM #1
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Default AJ shuts down Ekin-Su about editing

Ekin-Su tried to say the editing didn’t show her properly and fair play to AJ for putting Ekin-Su in her place saying how would she know as she has just got out.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Last edited by Benjamin; 15-03-2024 at 10:28 PM.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2024, 10:27 PM #2
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Maybe they do know hahahah. Maybe they have break days where the media team have a chat with them hahaah.

But the fact nobody is on her side in CBB late live is actually worrying me. She's not well. Not saying I was on her side but this must be upsetting to her.
Old 15-03-2024, 10:28 PM #3
foolishly he ignored it

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Noky
foolishly he ignored it

Favourites (more):

Isn't it fair to say that a HM could infer the type of edit they've been given based off the questions from both the presenters and the audience members, and also the clips reel showed to them during the interview?
ChalkOutlineMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2024, 10:35 PM #4

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

She had obviously been talking to her mother.
Mummy dearest had a good shout out about why somebody (Sharon I think) voted for 3 and then changed it.
Ekin Su shut her mother up by telling her to leave it.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2024, 11:55 PM #5

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Mummy dearest had a good shout out about why somebody (Sharon I think) voted for 3 and then changed it.
Yes, to me this was very suggestive of a mother who won’t see any imperfections in their child, and who is unable to accept any criticism of them if they do wrong.

If you grow up being treated as if you are perfect and rarely having your short-comings addressed, and if you’re always made to feel that others are always to blame for your own failings, then you might well find it very difficult to take responsibility for your own actions in adulthood.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2024, 12:03 AM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkOutlineMan View Post
Isn't it fair to say that a HM could infer the type of edit they've been given based off the questions from both the presenters and the audience members, and also the clips reel showed to them during the interview?
Ekin was on the defensive the moment she heard the boos, and chose to blame the edit - which she hasn’t seen - rather than recognising that her own actions might have got her voted out.

Had she made that point after she’d had the chance to watch the shows back, I might think differently. However, she showed no willingness or ability to think over her own actions, and to even consider that the perception of the audience could be based on her behaviour.

I’d also have to ask are the questions generated by the behaviour of a housemate, rather than the edit? The fact is, she still did what she did and said what she said, even if we only saw part of it.
Old 16-03-2024, 12:07 AM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Ekin-Su tried to say the editing didn’t show her properly and fair play to AJ for putting Ekin-Su in her place saying how would she know as she has just got out.
I’m not a massive AJ fan, but respect to her, and Layton also, for their responses to this suggestion. Good to see a presenter being prepared to call someone out.
Old 16-03-2024, 12:37 AM #8
foolishly he ignored it

Favourites (more):
foolishly he ignored it

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
Ekin was on the defensive the moment she heard the boos, and chose to blame the edit - which she hasn’t seen - rather than recognising that her own actions might have got her voted out.

Had she made that point after she’d had the chance to watch the shows back, I might think differently. However, she showed no willingness or ability to think over her own actions, and to even consider that the perception of the audience could be based on her behaviour.

I’d also have to ask are the questions generated by the behaviour of a housemate, rather than the edit? The fact is, she still did what she did and said what she said, even if we only saw part of it.
I was mainly speaking in generalities here. I don't think it's fair to automatically discount the possibility that a HM might be able to infer the way they've been portrayed in the edit through the questions asked of them by the presenters and audience members on its sister show, the questions not asked of them by the presenters and audience members (which, if what she's saying about arguments not being shown is true to any extent, she absolutely would expect to be asked), and also the highlight reels presented to them. Also, yes of course she's still said what she said and done what she's done on the show*, but the broader scope of content can always change the context in which a person's remarks/actions are taken by the viewing public, or even mitigate the severity of them to an extent. I don't think that's even arguable tbh.

*though what she's done that's particularly worthy of such levels of revulsion is beyond me tbh. As far as I can tell, she's simply a bit of an overly dramatic and hypocritical headcase who seems to feel very heightened levels of paranoia and betrayal, and had the sad misfortune to make a fan favourite the subject of those feelings during her last few days. It's not like the silly cow spat at someone or threatened to send her mates after someone on the outside. That, I could understand.

IMO, you know a HM is hated when AJ of all people is being praised for her interview skills.

Last edited by ChalkOutlineMan; 16-03-2024 at 12:39 AM.
ChalkOutlineMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2024, 12:47 AM #9
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's not for AJ to say, she's meant to be impartial.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2024, 01:09 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkOutlineMan View Post
I was mainly speaking in generalities here. I don't think it's fair to automatically discount the possibility that a HM might be able to infer the way they've been portrayed in the edit through the questions asked of them by the presenters and audience members on its sister show, the questions not asked of them by the presenters and audience members (which, if what she's saying about arguments not being shown is true to any extent, she absolutely would expect to be asked), and also the highlight reels presented to them. Also, yes of course she's still said what she said and done what she's done on the show*, but the broader scope of content can always change the context in which a person's remarks/actions are taken by the viewing public, or even mitigate the severity of them to an extent. I don't think that's even arguable tbh.

*though what she's done that's particularly worthy of such levels of revulsion is beyond me tbh. As far as I can tell, she's simply a bit of an overly dramatic and hypocritical headcase who seems to feel very heightened levels of paranoia and betrayal, and had the sad misfortune to make a fan favourite the subject of those feelings during her last few days. It's not like the silly cow spat at someone or threatened to send her mates after someone on the outside. That, I could understand.

IMO, you know a HM is hated when AJ of all people is being praised for her interview skills.
I can totally agree with what you are saying, and an intelligent and perceptive person will definitely have the ability to infer.

And I do think Ekin is a smart girl. However, to make a broad judgement like that rather than even considering her own behaviour as well, just suggests to me a little lack of self-awareness. It struck me as a defensive statement, rather than an informed and considered opinion.

I’m not saying she’s awful or anything, or that she deserves any hatred, just that like all of the housemates (and every human being on this earth} she has imperfections, and that hers seems to be the reluctance to consider how her own behaviour might affect people’s impression of her.

And there’s part of your statement about AJ’s interview skills that I can’t deny!, I might not understand a lot of what she’s saying without my subtitles on, but credit where it was due in her response here!
Old 16-03-2024, 06:48 AM #11
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
It's not for AJ to say, she's meant to be impartial.
Nah she has the right to defend the show, especially as Ekin-Su has no idea what the edit was like.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2024, 06:54 AM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Nah she has the right to defend the show, especially as Ekin-Su has no idea what the edit was like.
Ekin-Su is entitled to say what she wants in the interview, rightly or wrongly, she is entitled to.

AJ's job is to ask questions, and accept the answers given to those questions by the evicted Housemate, she is not supposed to outright state or imply that Ekin-Su (or any evicted Housemate,) is wrong in their assessments of why they were evicted.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2024, 06:58 AM #13
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…I think the thing with Ekin-Su’s character for me…(…and it presented itself perfectly in the interview because she wasn’t yet aware of how the highlights had portrayed anything etc…)…is that she doesn’t want to be judged on specific things, she doesn’t want to be placed in any stereotypes…?…but that’s exactly what she does herself to others…’females don’t like me because they’re jealous…’…so she’s just pre-judges and stereotyped the female that they’re character assessing is very much influenced and based on a jealousy aspect…?….’I knew this would happen because of Love Island and being in that…’….so Marisha’s nominations were based on a pre-judgement and a negative one…?..Ekin-Su put Marisha into a ‘wrong’ in her eyes and her mindset that it then became and seems to become that she can’t see that other persons perspective and how she’s making them feel…for me, it’s kind of a rollercoaster of losing empathy and an empathetic perspective that then appears really quite cruel…
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2024, 07:04 AM #14
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…I mean, yeah…AJ shut that down because I think she wanted to try to get Ekin-Su to realise and to see how Marisha had been told something really quite an amazing in terms of news…and BB don’t generally give outside news, do they…but they told her about her excellent nomination and she was obviously ecstatic and elated…and Ekin-Su then completely stripped that away from her…she didn’t just do that either…she also let her know that she didn’t ‘forgive her’ but that she’d ‘move on’ and carry on for the sake of the group and because she’d promised herself that she would do that before she went into the house…she cruelly took all of the elation from Marisha and she took all feeling of forgiveness from her as well…AJ wanted her to understand the part she plays in upsetting others as she doesn’t seem to have that empathy…it’s only her own perspective that she seems to see…
Old 16-03-2024, 09:21 AM #15

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

This is what happens when someone goes from a show that is actually heavily manipulated, like Love Island, into a show which is based on your personality and how you deal with people around you, the edit allowed her to win LI because very clearly she’s not a very pleasant person when left to on her own
Old 16-03-2024, 09:21 AM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
…I mean, yeah…AJ shut that down because I think she wanted to try to get Ekin-Su to realise and to see how Marisha had been told something really quite an amazing in terms of news…and BB don’t generally give outside news, do they…but they told her about her excellent nomination and she was obviously ecstatic and elated…and Ekin-Su then completely stripped that away from her…she didn’t just do that either…she also let her know that she didn’t ‘forgive her’ but that she’d ‘move on’ and carry on for the sake of the group and because she’d promised herself that she would do that before she went into the house…she cruelly took all of the elation from Marisha and she took all feeling of forgiveness from her as well…AJ wanted her to understand the part she plays in upsetting others as she doesn’t seem to have that empathy…it’s only her own perspective that she seems to see…

It was strange to hear in last nights interview that the one thing she’s learned over her time in the show was to move on after a disagreement and not to let it fester !!

She did the exact opposite with Marisha and to extreme levels . She was absolutely horrid to poor Marisha .

I just think she’s a compulsive liar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2024, 11:09 AM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
This is what happens when someone goes from a show that is actually heavily manipulated, like Love Island, into a show which is based on your personality and how you deal with people around you, the edit allowed her to win LI because very clearly she’s not a very pleasant person when left to on her own

I saw right through Ekin-su on LI and she was a very manipulative person and so fake. It wasnt the edit that allowed her to win...it was the publics love of Davide that nailed them the win.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2024, 11:13 AM #18

I am sure Ekins mother told her 'the editing' story during the time when Levi was being interviewed.
Old 16-03-2024, 11:41 AM #19

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Ammi I think well Im sure Davide won that for her.she'de have had no chance without him

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2024, 12:36 PM #20

Quote:
It was Ekin Su's mother who made the claim, and it was Ekin Su who told her mother to zip it When AJ starts communicating in the audble spectrum, I may well listen for a moment or two. In the meantime she is well advised to leave coherent speech to Will Best

Last edited by HettyLip; 17-03-2024 at 09:53 AM.
HettyLip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2024, 01:57 PM #21

Ekin’s mum looks to be as unbalanced as Ekin

Old 16-03-2024, 01:58 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HettyLip View Post
It was Ekin Su's mother who made the claim, and it was Ekin Su who told her mother to zip it When AJ starts communicating in the audble spectrum, I may well listen for a moment or wo. In the meantime she is well advised to leave coherent speech to Will Best

I’m at the stage of fast forwarding any footage of AJ , Fern and David .. it’s just too much

Old 16-03-2024, 02:40 PM #23

So Ekin-su's mum is convinced the editing was negative to her daughter...the example she tried to give was when Sharon left and was asked to name 3 people that gave her a good impression during her stay in the house...she mentioned Nikita and then Zeze...she never got to mention a 3rd because she spent too much time on the other 2 and it was a live show. Ekins mum was implying that Ekin was her 3rd one but it was edited out....well what a load of bollocks cos it was a live show. This also goes to show how her mum like Ekin, was so obsessed with Sharons promotion of Ekin for bigger and better things.
Old 17-03-2024, 12:13 PM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

Yes during the Ad Break
before the interview

ITV should do it like Ch4 and Ch5 did
and go faster to the live interview
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2024, 01:52 PM #25
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…that was a bit strange when Ekin-Su’s mom said that about Sharon being asked for 3 names as Ekin-Su kind of quickly shhhhhhing her as she did…?…it felt a bit as though that was a conversation they’d had and her mom had been led to believe that…that there’d been contact from the house…?…which, I guess there might be with celebrities as they’re paid a fee so it is a different show in a way…as the civilian version…I know that it was reported that Sharon had outside contact but she was a just guest status…

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aj, editing, ekinsu, shuts