Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Chat and Games Looking for forum games, and completely off topic banter - this is your place! (includes Virtual Big Brother type forum games)

Old 26-10-2007, 10:43 AM #1

Default TIBB,s most often debaters

now then how many of us like having nice long debates on here because as they say it is cool to have a debate isnt it the reason ive done this thread is because young Matthew said that him and Matt would draw a debate so lets see what you lot say about debates too please no swearing and no arguememts lets have a laugh for a change and enjoy it thanks
Ann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 10:57 AM #2

I am a bit of a debator myself. I have had several anger fueled debates with Matt. Which I am sure he can remeber. The biggest being the Maddie Mccan one....
Hugo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 11:11 AM #3

I love debates, but it annoys me when people say "this is rubbish " and "that is rubbish" making their opinions sound like facts.

e.g

Leona is rubbish.

No she isnt. She has an amazing voice. If you dont like her then thats you opinion but you cant say she is rubbish as her vocals are amazing.

I think its fun to have debates but when some people think their opinions are always right it annoys me
Sam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 11:14 AM #4

very well pointed out Sam I really love how you annouced that cool one
Old 26-10-2007, 11:19 AM #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I love debates, but it annoys me when people say "this is rubbish " and "that is rubbish" making their opinions sound like facts.

e.g

Leona is rubbish.

No she isnt. She has an amazing voice. If you dont like her then thats you opinion but you cant say she is rubbish as her vocals are amazing.

I think its fun to have debates but when some people think their opinions are always right it annoys me
'She has an amzing voice' sounds like a fact too though.
Hugo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 11:33 AM #6

Quote:
Originally posted by .tooperfect.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sam

e.g

Leona is rubbish.

'She has an amzing voice' sounds like a fact too though.
I worded that wrong. Slightly hypocritical , you can say you dont like her voice but you can't say she has a rubbish voice. You can say you don't like her, you don't like her songs or her type of music, but you cant say she cant sing, because she can.
Old 26-10-2007, 04:03 PM #7
Nah

Nah

I love debating with everyone, I have my favourite debaters here but I won't say who. However, I don't like when some people say "No I don't like it", with no reasons. It kills the debate, that's annoying.

One thing too, the debates are finally back on TIBB, we missed that and we hadn't so many arguments this week so well done TIBB !
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 09:08 PM #8
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ann
now then how many of us like having nice long debates on here because as they say it is cool to have a debate isnt it the reason ive done this thread is because young Matthew said that him and Matt would draw a debate so lets see what you lot say about debates too please no swearing and no arguememts lets have a laugh for a change and enjoy it thanks
Ann.... I am trying to say this the nicest way possible, but can you use a full stop please?

Click Here for more information.
Magic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 09:20 PM #9

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

Favourites:

I love debates and that's why I loved R.E GCSE as the ethics side was a lot of debates about abortion etc. I love debating on a forum also but it's never the same, however, on TiBB I always like reading Ruth and Retromans posts especially in the Serious Debates forums as they always get their points across well and even though I don't agree with some of them, they're able to argue their points in a good way. Sometimes though I read threads in the SD forum and have a really strong point about it but then as I continue reading I decide not to post because we'd end up going around in circles as some members aren't able to take other people's opinions on board and I've seen members go around in circles with some people trying to explain things to them and they have childish or daft responses.

Debates are great providing that the people involved don't turn childish and turn a good debate into a slanging match or when people have their points and yet can't back them up.

The debates are my favourite thing on TiBB though, even if I'm not involved with them, they're always good to read.
Legend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 09:25 PM #10

"TiBB's most often debaters"? Shouldn't that be "TiBB's most frequent debaters", or something that makes more sense? *shrug*

I love debating, I always win, which is because I'm usually right.
dupin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 09:26 PM #11
CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Ben

CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Ben

I have real thirst for debates there so dramatic and sometimes comical.
\PJ/ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 09:41 PM #12

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

I lov debating, I never back down on whatever Im defending though
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 09:43 PM #13

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I love debating, I always win, which is because I'm usually right.
It's people like you that would put me off ''debating'' on here because of the way you come across with that post ^^.

You do listen to others opinions when debating don't you?
Legend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 08:37 AM #14
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

I love debating, in school, I go to a club especially for Debates, and I enjoy getting involved in them.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 08:56 AM #15

Quote:
Originally posted by Magic-Shoes
Quote:
Originally posted by Ann
Ann.... I am trying to say this the nicest way possible, but can you use a full stop please?

Magic shoes I would Like To Ask You Kindly Why On Earth Are You Telling Me How To Write When You Dont Even Know My Age Or You Dont Know Who I Am Please Stop This Now Thanks
Old 27-10-2007, 09:00 AM #16
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ann

Magic-Shoes, your not the grammar police so please don't act like one of them. I personally don't think you have the right to tell others how to type.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 09:09 AM #17

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ann

How patronising and down right rude. This is a forum, not a grammar test. People can write how they want to. Who are you to tell them to revise capital letters. You do not have perfect English either. Your main tip being: Not Every Word Starts With A Capital Letter. I'm not trying to start an argument, but it's comments like that that put people off posting on a forum like this.
Old 27-10-2007, 10:15 AM #18

Mehhhh i only debate in something when someone reall annoys me and i know there wrong but thet think there right in everthing but thats wh i got like my warnings.
CassetteFinger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 10:42 AM #19
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ann
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ann

Magic shoes I would Like To Ask You Kindly Why On Earth Are You Telling Me How To Write When You Dont Even Know My Age Or You Dont Know Who I Am Please Stop This Now Thanks
Sorry if I offended you Ann, but nobody's grammar is perfect, especially mine. I have awful grammar at times. All I ask, if for you to break your paragraphs up in to sentences, it makes it easier to read.

And, off topic, I never mentioned your age or who you are!
Magic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 10:43 AM #20
Banned

Banned

O ann you silly <3
Holograms is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 11:51 AM #21
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Debate is what you put on dehook to catch defish
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 07:12 PM #22

Firstly I would like to point out to everyone that as we are a community it is important to show a little tolerence for each other. We are not all the world's best wordsmiths, but we manage to make our points without being shot down for our grammar.

Secondly I love to discuss/debate issues but I dislike it when people are so dogmatic that they spoil the discussion for you. I have my own thoughts and feelings around issues and feel that I show others feelings and thoughts respect, I would often just like to be afforded the same respect.

We had one member (now gone) who was unable to grasp the difference between reality and fact and that made discussing issues very difficult.

I also dislike it when people come into a debate/discussion and kill the thread with a one word answer, or something not relevent to the discussion, why do people do that? There are so many threads on this forum, why do people feel the need to high jack every thread with silly one word answers?
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 07:21 PM #23
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

This stupid Spelling Police thing is annoying and patronising Magic Shoes, please stop it

Oooops I forgot to put a full stop
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 09:15 PM #24

yes thank you Chewy and sunny01 for that
Old 27-10-2007, 10:24 PM #25

First of all, I wouldn't class "is Leona a good singer?" or similar topics, as actual debates...
There are no facts to be produced when discussing someone's singing talent, so it can be nothing more than a difference of opinion/an argument. It'd never be classed as a debate.

It's like saying "Do you like toast?" and trying to have a debate over it, it's just not possible. You either like it or you don't. So if you think you're a debater because you get involved in topics such as that, then id personally say you're wrong.

Secondly, Ann has had many a person mention her spelling lately [so ive noticed around the forum.] and quite frankly..she isn't using text speech, so she's not breaking any rules.

If Ann is happy posting with no full stops/commas etc, even though some people might find reading her posts a little tedious due to it being one abnormally long sentence, then she should be free to do so. At least she's making sense, which is all we can ask of people these days...and is a large step up from the text typers who's posts are completely illegible.

I admit, I think grammar is important if you want someone to take your words seriously and understand them...but some people think differently.

On topic: I like debating properly, which often leads to people falling out with you if they're a little immature/ possible sore losers etc. Which is a shame, but I still enjoy debating none the less.
Retroman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
debaters, tibb