Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Creative Writing and Books This area is for members' stories and poetry. Also a forum for book reviews and discussion.

Old 29-11-2007, 08:29 PM #1
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Default RIOT on Park Street

Prolouge episode

25th December 2007 9:01pm (Tuesday): Snow drifted onto Park Street, fire engulfed No.3 Park Street, Jo was sat in an interview room "in under 25 days Thornton turned from a happy Christmassy City, into a city engulfed in gang warfare! how the hell did this happen?" D.C.I Jonny Grady asked, "I'll tell you what I know.....

25 Days earlier....

Liam walked back onto Park Street, snow drifted down, covering the cars, roofs, the pavement and the road, he stood outside the Thorn Inn, he lit a cigarette, he heard the door open behind him, he quickly hid himself in the ginnel beside the pub, he walked onto the backstreet, and walked off, he looked ahead, "Liam?" Marlon asked, "Marlon" Liam sighed, "where on Earth have you been?" Marlon asked, "around" Liam replied, Tracy shouted out from the shop, Marlon turned away, when he turned back, Liam had disappeared, a firework flew up into the sky, Tracy walked out the back door, "Whats up?" she asked, "I just saw Liam" Marlon was confused, "are you sure?" Tracy asked, Marlon looked up and down the back-street, "no" he sighed as they walked back in.

Out on the front street, a cab pulled up outside of No.6, Heather walked out with a suitcase, followed by Jo and Hannah, "good luck, and keep in touch" Jo waved, "I will, and thank you, for everything" Heather smiled, as she put her suitcase in the back of the hackney cab, she got in, "goodbye" she smiled, and closed the door, the cab pulled away, Robert was looking out of his window, he looked across at the Thomas' house, he sighed, and drew the curtains, Jo had bought Maria and Heathers share in Parkers Casuals out, Liam was sat outside the medical centre, he looked over at Jo, and he stood up, he began walking toward No.6, but suddenly turned down Townhouse Road

Meanwhile over in No.15, Peter was putting the Christmas Tree up, Bertha was sat watching T.V, "can you give me a hand?" Peter asked, "I hurt me bleedin' foot, how many more times do I have to tell ya?" Bertha sighed, "you could at least untangle the lights" Peter pointed toward a heap of tangled lights laid in front of Bertha, "let me watch this first" Bertha shouted, Peter grabbed his keys and coat, "you put the rest up" Peter sighed, "where are you going?" Bertha asked, "out, and I wont be back until tommorow" he sighed, he walked out and zipped his coat up, he pulled his mobile out of his coat pocket, and rang Jo, "Hey, Jo meet you at The Hogs Head in Middledale...yeah, ok, see you soon" he smiled, Jo got up, "Im going out for a bit, see ya later" Jo shouted up the stairs, "ok bye" Hannah and Robert shouted down, Suzy walked up to the door as Jo opened it, "Suze, could you look after the kids? I need to pop out" Jo smiled, "yeah sure" Suzy smiled, Bertha was putting decorations on the tree, tears dripped down her face, and every so often she looked at the door waiting for Peter to come back...
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:14 PM #2
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Default Advent on Park Street: 24 Days: Part 1

Episode 443
2nd December 2007 1:12pm (Monday): "Liam, where the hell have you been?" Jo asked, "I stayed at my mates in London for a few months, I told ya that I'd be back" Liam smiled, "aye but I thought you'd gone for good, didnt you hear the media frenzy?" Jo laughed, "What?!" Liam asked, "the press crowded this street, for 3 days or so back in September" Jo replied, "I think I might have been abroad when it happened" Liam wondered, "why didnt you call?" Jo asked, "I dunno, I kinda... forgot?" Liam thought, "Forgot? Forgot! do you have any idea what its like trying to run a factory when one of the owners is missing?" Jo asked, "actually, yes" Liam smiled.

Over at The Thorn Inn, Henry was having a pint with Jamie, "Have you heard about this Christmas Market?" Henry asked, "yeah, better get free parking somewhere else, I for one am not gonna pay £32 a day to park on the flaming High Street car park!" Jamie sighed, "trust you to find the negative point" Henry smiled, "aye, but I only get £97 a month" Jamie smiled, "yeah but you work as a potman four days a week, and live on the same street as the pub, you dont need a car" Henry explained, "and you do?" Jamie asked, "I am a detective of course I do" Henry laughed.

Liam and Jo walked into the pub, " 'bout time you got back, fancy a pint?" Bertha asked, "yeah sure Bertha" Liam smiled, "Liam here went on holiday to bleedin' Spain" Jo explained, "Spain eh?" Margaret asked from behind the bar, "yup, Benidorm" Liam smiled, "Benidorm eh? I think I went there for a holiday once" Margaret wondered, "No you watched the TV show" Scarlett laughed, "Oh yeah" Margaret laughed, "how did ya mistake that one?" Peter asked, "God knows" Margaret laughed.

A black car pulled up outside The Thorn Inn, "you sure Liams in here?" asked a man wearing a suit, "yeah, saw him walk in myself" Steve smiled...
Old 01-12-2007, 02:18 PM #3
Banned

Banned

Looking Good!
Love the festive build up
Magic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:20 PM #4
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

thanks
Old 03-12-2007, 08:55 PM #5
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Default Advent on Park Street: 21 Days

Off Screen: The Thorn Inn was raided and the thugs where looking for Liam, Liam was killed in a car crash, and was burnt by the thugs
Episode 444
4th December 2007 7:04pm (Tuesday):
Police tape had gone up around The Thorn Inn, The police had closed off Thornton Road, Jo was sat in No.6, and picked up a picture of Liam, Henry was awake in hospital, Jenny walked in with a bunch of flowers, "thanks" Henry smiled, "no problem, the guys at work are wondering how you have been doing" Jenny smiled, "Ah, well, Hartford is gonna have to suffer without a Detective like me for a few weeks" Henry laughed, "Skivver" Jenny smiled, "hey its not that good being stuck in here" Henry explained, "what are you on about?" Jenny laughed, "I was joking, the nurses feed me grapes and play the violins" Henry laughed.

Steve was working late at the garage, he was working under a car, he heard the front garage door shut, "So, you thought that you and your little freinds could just go and kill Liam, eh?" a voice asked, "who is that?" Steve asked, "non of your buisness, how'd ya get wound up in all this crap anyway?" the voice asked, "Debt, deep debt, as in £250,000" Steve sighed, "bet, you wish, all that would just, float away, eh?" the voice asked, "yeah" Steve sighed, "well theres one thing for sure, when your gone, who will protect your family?" the voice laughed, "eh?" Steve paniced, Margaret was walking past the garage when she heard a loud crash! she walked over to the garage, and opened the door, a car had falled straight to the floor, the back garage door was wide open.

Meanwhile in The Thornton Arms, Dawn and Les where talking, "Aye, I got my brother a bit of aftershave thats all, dont have much more money to spend" Les smiled, "well I got my mum a £100 ring" Dawn laughed, "blood and sand, you rich barstool!" Les laughed, "Well, thats what you get from owning the Salon" Dawn smiled, "and working in't pub!" Les smiled, "aye, and that!" Dawn smiled, Peter walked up to the bar, "another pint please" Peter smiled, "hey, Pete" Dawn smiled, "aye?" Peter asked, "I think you should get Bertha to improve the wage" Dawn burst out laughing, Margaret burst into the pub, "ey up here comes the Rival, the manager smiled, Margaret walked over to the Thomas family, "I dont know how to say this, but, Steve, has..b.e..en mu..rdered" Margaret cried...
Old 06-12-2007, 02:41 PM #6
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Default Advent on Park Street: 18 Days

Episode 445
7th December 2007 12:32pm (Monday):
A press conference was being held at Hartford Police Station, "We are on top of the murder cases, the cases will be closed by Christmas..." the Superintendant announced.

The Thorn Inn was being repaired, Marlon walked into the pub, "Margaret, how about if we hold a new years eve party here" Marlon asked, "yeah, if the place is ready by then" Margaret laughed, "it'll be ready before Friday" a builder smiled, "aye but we need to stock up" Margaret smiled, "so are we good?" Marlon asked, "go on then" Margaret smiled, "thanks Marge!" Marlon smiled as he walked out of the pub.

It was the day of Liams funeral, police where standing at the graveyard gates, everyone was stood at Liams grave, soon the service finished and everyone left, Two undertakers where now at the grave, when two men in suits arrived, one pulled a gun out, "get out of here, unless you want to end up six feet under" one of them said, "how do we know that those are real?" one of them asked, "good question" one of the suited men smiled, a gunshot echoed across the empty graveyard, followed by a second one, "put them in the grave, then bury them, I'm gonna go make sure no one comes" one of them ordered
Old 10-12-2007, 04:58 PM #7
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Default Advent on Park Street: 16 Days

Episode 446
9th December 2007 10:19pm (Wednesday):
A black car pulled up outside Hartford Police Station, Mark Barrowman got out and threw a fire bomb inside, he jumped back in the car as it drove off...

Over in the cab office, Bertha was sat at the desk while Harry was sat having a cup of tea, "Quiet night, huh?" Harry yawned, "understatement of the year" Bertha sighed, "so when you decorating your house?" Harry asked, "god knows" Bertha laughed, "I put decorations up already" Harry smiled, Nathan walked in, "hey guys, can I have a lift to Parkdale, someones broke down" he asked, "its all yours Harry" Bertha smiled, "aww poor Bertha left all on her own" Harry laughed, "hah, hah" Bertha smirked, Peter walked in, "hi mate" Harry smiled, "hi Harry" Peter hurried, "whats the rush?" Bertha asked, "apparently Hartford police stations on fire" Peter explained, "and..." Bertha asked, "well.." Peter sighed.

20 days later, "with all due respect Mrs. Parker, we would prefer it if you kept out social conversations you heard about, and tell us the damn facts" Jonny sighed, "look I'm telling you all I know, ok?" Jo shouted, "well, wasnt it on the Friday, that Liams body was dug up after the Undertakers blood was found on the pavement near his grave?" Jonny asked, "yeah, but one more important thing happened that night" Jo rerembered, "what was that then?" Jonny asked, "well, Henry revealed something to me when I visited him in hospital" Jo explained, "what was it?" Jonny asked, "He knew the person who beat him up, it was someone he arrested at a warehouse on the Thornton quays, back when he was working with D.I Mark on the 'Who shot Phil King' case in 2006" Jo explained, "did he mention a name?" Jonny asked, "Jared Southworth, a relative of Peter Southworth who lives at No.15" Jo explained
Old 12-12-2007, 11:15 PM #8
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Default Advent on Park Street: 14 Days

Episode 447
11th December 2007 4:12pm (Friday):
It was the day of Liam's will reading, he left me his percentage in the factory...

Maria and Scarlett pulled up at the graveyard, and ran toward Liam's grave where a tent now stood, "what the hell is going on?" Scarlett shouted, "Ms. Mertorn, two other bodys have been found in your brothers grave" D.I Jenny sighed, "what do you mean?" Maria asked, "two undertakers went missing on the day of your brothers funeral, they had been shot and buried in your brothers grave" Jenny explained, Jonny walked out of the tent, "Jenny, come and see this" he whispered, Jenny walked into the tent, while the Mertons stood outside, "Liam's body isnt in the coffin" Jonny sighed, "what?" Jenny whispered.

18 Days Later, "so thats what happened" Jo sighed, "yes, then we recived a call from you" Jonny replied, "yeah..."

18 Days Earlier, A delivery was being made at the factory, Jo walked out back to sign for the delivery, the truck driver got out, "Mrs. Parker, do you want to check the delivery?" the man asked, "might as well, last time you delivered way too much, but hey" Jo smiled as she walked around to the back of the truck, the man opened up the back door, Jo stepped slowly back, as sat there among the fabric was Liams body, "oh my god!" she screamed as she ran toward the factory door, the 'truck driver' ran after her, Jo made it inside and ran past the machinists, and into the office, then she heard a truck reversing outside, then there was a loud crash, Peter had driven his truck into the back of the other, he got out, "care to look where you are going?" Peter shouted over, the 'truck driver' pulled a cricket bat out of his truck, Peter quickly turned and ran down the back street, Henry ran out of his back yard and tripped over the thug, police sped onto the back street...
Old 14-12-2007, 07:22 PM #9
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Default Christmas Eve on Park Street: RIOT! Part 1

Episode 448
24th December 2007 10:19am (Christmas eve):
Jo walked across to the factory, when in the distance, shouts echoed across the city, "what the hell is going on?" Jo asked herself, Les swerved onto the Street and parked his car across the road! "There's a riot going on!" he shouted over, "your kidding" Jo paniced, "No, go up on the factory roof, They set High Street on fire!" Les shouted back, seconds later, Harry parked his cab behind Les' "where the hell have they come from?" Les asked, "god knows, they seem to be some kinda football hooligans" Harry replied, Jo began knocking on the doors of all the residents, Peter parked his truck at the Thornton Road side of the street, Nathan parked his tow truck beside it.

11:12am:
"What the hell are the police doing about this?" Margaret asked as she sat in the boarded up factory, with Tracy, Jo, Tanya, Hannah, Robert, Mary and Jack, "god knows, probably trying to stay alive" Hannah replied, outside, Marlon had a plank of wood in his hand, he looked around for any sign of incoming danger, Emily and Jamie where on the factory roof keeping a lookout, "what the hell is going on, this is surreal" Jamie sighed as he looked at the rioters burning High Street, "I dont get why the hell they would just go and do this?" Emily looked over, "unless they are using it as somekind of decoy?" Jamie wondered, then suddenly Jamie spotted a group of about 50 making there way past Riot Police and upto Park Street, "watch out!" Jamie roared down to the people on the street, Marlon, Peter and Nathan got ready to hit the rioters, then out of nowhere the Street was flooded with people, Peter ran out into The Thorn Inn to escape the crowd, the windows where smashed, Peter ran through to the back, and opened the back door he was about to step out, when a lorry swerved out of control and smashed through the side of the Thorn Inn, "Oh my god!" Peter gasped, he ran through out onto the back street, crawled under the lorry and down Alice Street, he looked back at the street, feeling guilty for leaving the other people on the Street.

12:53pm:
Park Street was left in ruin, Houses destroyed, The Thorn Inn, collapsed, The factory had survived, the men where nowhere to be seen, neither where the rioters, then a cracking sound came from the factory wall, and before anyone could do anything, the wall collapsed bringing the roof of the factory down onto the ground in front, killing Jamie and Emily, Jo ran out, "I think they are dead!" she cried, Peter meanwhile, was running past The Thornton Arms...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
park, riot, street