Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-01-2008, 06:56 PM #51

Oh give it a rest

I put this in anther thread but hey ho.....

As her life goes into a downwards spiral I am changing my view on Britney. I feel incredibly sorry for her. Yes she has courted the paparazzi and used them when she wanted something promoted so she shouldnt really grumble about press invasion. However, she has been in the entertainment business for 14 years and hasnt really had much of a childhood.

I personally think that her meltdown shouldnt be swarmed upon because I think that she has mental issues. Its nothing to be ashamed of. Its surprising how many people are plagued with such issues.

I think she is torn between 'Bitch' Britney and 'Mommy' Britney. She wants to be both and one day she can be on of those and the next day wake up and be the other. And she is torn between the two. She needs to get psychological help and fast because if she doesnt then her kids will be taken away from her for good. And no matter how bad you are.... no mother wants to be parted for her children
~Kizwiz~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 07:07 PM #52
can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

Quote:
Originally posted by ~kizwiz~
Oh give it a rest

I put this in anther thread but hey ho.....

As her life goes into a downwards spiral I am changing my view on Britney. I feel incredibly sorry for her. Yes she has courted the paparazzi and used them when she wanted something promoted so she shouldnt really grumble about press invasion. However, she has been in the entertainment business for 14 years and hasnt really had much of a childhood.

I personally think that her meltdown shouldnt be swarmed upon because I think that she has mental issues. Its nothing to be ashamed of. Its surprising how many people are plagued with such issues.

I think she is torn between 'Bitch' Britney and 'Mommy' Britney. She wants to be both and one day she can be on of those and the next day wake up and be the other. And she is torn between the two. She needs to get psychological help and fast because if she doesnt then her kids will be taken away from her for good. And no matter how bad you are.... no mother wants to be parted for her children
I agree, and I know a lot of people don't believe she cares for her children, but if you see the OK! pictures (which they stole) - you'll see she really does.
MarkWaldorf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 09:09 PM #53

The bad press and constant media attention was what helped to drive her partly insane. I don't think she's completely mental, but she is obviously deeply suffering at the moment - as a result, her mentalities are changing, and things are spiralling out of control. However, I don't agree that simply the media should be blamed; it obviously contributes to her overall situation, but a lot of personal decisions she made over the years are what have led her to her state right now. The constant coverage of it just made it worse - the tabloids love her.

The fact is, Britney was a huge teen star in America a couple of years ago, with the image of being innocent - and with such a label, you just cannot expect to be left alone. The media was what made her what she was at her peak, and unfortunately the fact that her life/beliefs changed and everything turned around was also captured for public attention. That's just the way it works, depending on how you react to it.

Right now, I think she should be left to sort her life out, but she keeps re-appearing, e.g. having released her latest album (although admittedly I do love it). I remember in the past, she said she would be taking a break, but appeared again within the space of a week. At the moment, so much is going on in her life - but most importantly of all, she needs to purely concentrate on getting her life back on track.

At any rate, I’m still a fan and will probably remain so – I loved her years ago, perhaps went off her a bit but am back to supporting her fully.
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 09:43 PM #54

I honestly feel sorry for her she's had a rough time and is trying to get back on the mend but the press seem to keep knocking her back down. Ok fair enough some things she's done in the past like shaving her head, going mental at a camera guy for taking pictures that was not her good days but now she's trying to get her image back and people are just constantly picking faults with her. Personally both her songs she's released off her new album I love and think she stands a good chance of coming back how she did in the earlier days!!! And all this about her being fat is absoultley ridiculous she's more curvier now and looks good!!! I think everyone should just back off her and let her enjoy her life.
xkatex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 11:01 PM #55

I feel really sorry for her. In my view, her problem is similar to Amy Winehouse's: she surrounds herself with the wrong people.

I don't keep up to date on what's happening to her, but from my knowledge she seems to switch from partner to partner, and that's never going to help provide a stable, secure and safe life for either her or her kids.

It seems Britney never had a childhood, therefore perhaps now's the time she's chosen to make up for her lost years and simply rebel, go off the rails?

I'm not going to pretend I'm a fan of her music, but regardless of that, whether you're a fan or not, it's clear the music should be put to rest for now whilst she takes some time for herself and tries to restore some order in her life.
Pipergun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 09:42 AM #56

I still suport Britney, she been through s*** and back and people keep treating her like a loon. I admit she is in desperate need of help, but with all of us making a HUGe deal out of us then who is she to disappoint. She needs to get a break from the media for about six months, take a hike, come back and be better than ever. She just needs head space and once she's got it she might realize she has a problem and she will go and get it sorted.

Baisically, GIVE BRITNEY A BREAK!!!!!
Jake! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:08 PM #57

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

I really like her(music and what she used to be like).I hope she gets the help she deserves.I feel terribly for her.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:25 PM #58

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Tara
BB13 USA: Daniele

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Tara
BB13 USA: Daniele

I feel so sorry for her she needs to get rid of that goldigger shes with i want her to get her kids back
001steven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 03:55 PM #59

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Josie

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Josie

I really think that the press should back off and leave her alone, she cant do anything without someone taking a picture of her or getting involved in her life. I think its partly the press who have made her who she is today and if they dont back off how is she ever going to get better? There going to kill her how they killed Princess Diana if there not careful! There spoiling lives just for the sake a few quid and a picture in a magazine!!! x
Christina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 11:59 PM #60

In my opinion, she should be left alone. She has wanted to be left alone for ages, contridicting myself, if she is still carrying on releasing Songs and CD's and Perfume etc then she is going to get press, which she dosent wantm so she cant win.

She wants money without the fame and the celebrity tagg that comes with it.

Come on Britney, cheer up, release better songs and try and be the old Britney. - but, could this 'new' britney be the britney that we never saw before, becuase she had this 'super clean' image...Hhmmmmm???
Benji is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 12:16 AM #61
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkChap©
Quote:
Originally posted by Arneldo
Attention seeking talentless fool who desperately needs help.
Oh yes, she's so talentless that she's sold almost a 100 Million Albums Worldwide.
Since when were album sales a marker of talent?

And I would not be so sure that she did not take drugs. The only person who knows about Britneys drug habits are Britney.

Im also not going to act like an insane zealot like some of you have done and give my own personal suggestions on how she should improve her life as if I knew her family and the woman in question personaly.

Bottom line is that she needs help. The paps will eventually get bored. Course when shes all sorted out in a years time she will want them back. Its the nature of celebrity.

As for her music , it never did anything for me.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 12:20 AM #62

Of course her talent is through singing, thats why she has sold so many records, and so she MUST have a talent. Obviously, you may not think so, and your allowed to think that, but, i for one disagree, Britney did have talent and even though we all think its not as good now, she still does have talent in singing.
Old 24-03-2008, 12:24 AM #63
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally posted by Benji
Of course her talent is through singing, thats why she has sold so many records, and so she MUST have a talent. Obviously, you may not think so, and your allowed to think that, but, i for one disagree, Britney did have talent and even though we all think its not as good now, she still does have talent in singing.
Singing is a talent but not every holder of the talent is nessacerily special. My schools choir sing , and thus have a talent like Britney so by your definition should they sell albums in the hundreds of millions too?

Talent is subjective. And as a matter of opinion , I find Britney to be a singer not good nor bad , just entirely mundane and unspectacular. Therefore , any argument about the greatness of her talent because of album sales is instantly rendered useless in my eyes , as I choose to view her as a boring singer and no amount of records sold can prove my personal opinion wrong.

Las Ketchup and The Cheeky Girls have all charted at one time or another. Are we to set opinion aside and confirm they are 'talented' because they have sold lots?

Didint think so.
Old 24-03-2008, 12:28 AM #64

Well thats entirely your veiw.
Old 24-03-2008, 12:31 AM #65

I feel sorry for her, but she does like the attention of the press, she almost brings it on herself. She lets the paps know to let her know that shes leaving her etc...
But generally do feel sorry for her.
Xander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 12:32 AM #66
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Well thats entirely your veiw.
Err , yeah. And its also the only view in this case. Not to sound obnoxious , but what are the alternatives to my view? Saying that because something sells a lot , it is automatically great?

Once again , didint think so.

That post made no sense. Of course its my view. It was my post. I could respond to any post on the forum by saying ''Well thats entirely your view''.
Old 24-03-2008, 12:41 AM #67

Yeah becuase i cant be bothered to respond to you, you are obnoxious and welldone for pointing that out. Grrrr....im going to bed!
Old 24-03-2008, 12:44 AM #68
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Yeah becuase i cant be bothered to respond to you, you are obnoxious and welldone for pointing that out. Grrrr....Im going to bed!
You cant respond to me and hold your ground in an argument you got yourself into so you then stole my own self appointed tag of obnoxious and gave it back to me?
Old 24-03-2008, 12:49 AM #69

Yeah, im not holding my ground in an arguement, becuase i dont like to argue, - im not a good 'arguer' -

TIBB isnt a place to argue or faulter others. Its a place to deliver opinions and veiws about Big Brother and related topics.

No wonder why you have your first warning, you can never see reasoning and allways have to go that extra step farther to annoy someone by picking faults or whatever.
Old 24-03-2008, 12:52 AM #70
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Yeah, Im not holding my ground in an arguement, becuase i dont like to argue, - Im not a good 'arguer' -

TIBB isnt a place to argue or faulter others. Its a place to deliver opinions and veiws about Big Brother and related topics.

No wonder why you have your first warning, you can never see reasoning and allways have to go that extra step farther to annoy someone by picking faults or whatever.
So TiBB is the place for opinions but we are not allowed to argue them? Do you realise that this topic is in a forum called serious debates?

Why bring up a warning that had nothing to do with me arguing? Why do you think I annoy people and pick faults just because im arguing with YOU?!
Old 05-08-2017, 12:13 AM #71
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

legend we stan
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:37 AM #72
Littlegreen

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Sarah Harding
Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee

Littlegreen

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Sarah Harding
Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee

Young girl had way too much pressure heaped upon her shoulders, lost her way for a bit but is powering through because she adores her sons.

Spoiler:

Littlegreen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:42 AM #73
hot tamale

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Survivor 40: Michele
hot tamale

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Survivor 40: Michele

A sweet, strong and humble woman, a pop culture legend. Someone who went through the hardest and darkest times and was pressured her whole career by the media, by her label and by those closest to her, yet fought through it all and is living a happy life with a loving man and two beautiful kids.

Spoiler:

Dominic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:23 PM #74
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

A legend