Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Celebrity Hijack Discuss Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack shown on E4 in January 2008.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:10 PM #51
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Callum
Erm well Remy, I don't think you know what your talking about tbh. That thing about Jade and Emilia in training, was rubbish, she was so not trying to compete with her.
Of course not. When she was seeing that Anthony and Craig were blown away by Emilia she immediatly did that.....how strange ! And Anthony's and Jeremy's faces when they have seen her were priceless !
I think she was quite pissed that Emilia was doing much better.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM #52

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt10k
She is very bitchy. You watch the clips of when she's in the jacuzzie, she's always got a bad word to say about everybody.
hardly! i've heard the odd comment here and there but it's human nature, especially when they are in there doing nothing all day.

to me, they only become a bitch if they insist on 'saying it to their face' and telling them what they think of them. there is no need for that, i don't care if they give the excuse that they are being honest or not two faced or whatever, to me that is bs [/quote]

Actually, 'saying it to their face' clear and straight isn't technically bitchy, that's more just being nasty.

Bitchyness comes in more sly forms, such as backstabbing, which Emilia has shown (her "get her out" comment about Jade), and also upfront sly manipulation (her conversation about Russell with Amy).
dupin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM #53

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain.Remy
Callum & Dupin, you may not agree with me but saying that "I'm talking rubbish" or "I am supposed to be a lot older than I am acting" aren't necessary. I'm entitled to have an opinion and unless yours is better than mine, I can claim it where I want even if it annoys you !
Remy, there is having an opinion but to have an opinion I feel you must have a way to back it up, but whenever asked you never seem to be able to do so, when it comes to Jade.
Arneldo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM #54

Jade: "Why were they booing me?"

Dermot replies:

"Well, let's just put it down to you being pretty".

Spot on Dermot.
Wasted is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:12 PM #55
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Erm well Remy, I don't think you know what your talking about tbh. That thing about Jade and Emilia in training, was rubbish, she was so not trying to compete with her.
Of course not. When she was seeing that Anthony and Craig were blown away by Emilia she immediatly did that.....how strange ! And Anthony's and Jeremy's faces when they have seen her were priceless !
I think she was quite p****d that Emilia was doing much better.
Well I don't know where you got that idea from. Watch the eviction show and you'll know what I was talking about, she was so NOT competing against that cow, she actually went into the diary room afterwards and said how amazing emilia was at what she did. I bet you didn't take that into consideration did you
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:14 PM #56
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Arneldo
Quote:
Callum & Dupin, you may not agree with me but saying that "I'm talking rubbish" or "I am supposed to be a lot older than I am acting" aren't necessary. I'm entitled to have an opinion and unless yours is better than mine, I can claim it where I want even if it annoys you !
Remy, there is having an opinion but to have an opinion I feel you must have a way to back it up, but whenever asked you never seem to be able to do so, when it comes to Jade.
I agree here. Remy, some of the stuff you've said about Jade in the past is disgusting, I mean calling her vile names is out of order tbh, you only know her from the tv!! I don't think you'd like it if you were ever in BB and people online were calling you nasty names and always giving negative comments about you.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:15 PM #57
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Arneldo
Quote:
I just don't understand you guys, I'm telling my opinions on what Dupin said and everyone is jumping at me because I don't like her. If I was doing that, you would kill me because I don't respect yours.
I don't like Jade and I know what I'm talking about please ! And my comments and critics weren't all about Jade.
I'm just stunned by what everyone told me now.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:15 PM #58

Actually, 'saying it to their face' clear and straight isn't technically bitchy, that's more just being nasty.

Bitchyness comes in more sly forms, such as backstabbing, which Emilia has shown (her "get her out" comment about Jade), and also upfront sly manipulation (her conversation about Russell with Amy). [/quote]

in your opinion. to me, going up and shouting it in their face is bitchy and far nastier than saying it privately. i'd rather have emilia thinking i was annoying or whatever and just mentioning it to victor/ jeremy than have someone like charlie coming up and insisting she spit it in my face!
Matt10k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:17 PM #59

I'm glad Jade went. I found her annoying, brattish and generally irritating. She had no real talent either.
Jack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:18 PM #60
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Arneldo
Quote:
I agree here. Remy, some of the stuff you've said about Jade in the past is disgusting, I mean calling her vile names is out of order tbh, you only know her from the tv!! I don't think you'd like it if you were ever in BB and people online were calling you nasty names and always giving negative comments about you.
I did say I was a little bit harsh towards her and Aaron can confirm I said that but afer all, everyone is not going to like her and everyone is not going to find her attractive because she won many beauty pageants.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:18 PM #61

Quote:

Bitchyness comes in more sly forms, such as backstabbing, which Emilia has shown (her "get her out" comment about Jade), and also upfront sly manipulation (her conversation about Russell with Amy).

in your opinion. to me, going up and shouting it in their face is bitchy and far nastier than saying it privately. i'd rather have emilia thinking i was annoying or whatever and just mentioning it to victor/ jeremy than have someone like charlie coming up and insisting she spit it in my face! [/quote]

Of course it's much nastier - personally, I'd rather have people have a quick bitch about me then up front tell me everything that's wrong, so Emilia's style of bitchyness, the more common one in people these days would perhaps seem tamer, but it's still very nasty.

It's not actually my opinion thats she's bitchy - psychologically she shows tactics and behavior that indicate bitchyness. She's not THAT bitchy, but she's still the biggest bitch in the house.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:19 PM #62

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack
I'm glad Jade went. I found her annoying, brattish and generally irritating. She had no real talent either.
I don't think anyone can deny that having an IQ of 178 is exceptional. I doubt anyone on this forum can even reason near that area.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:19 PM #63
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Jack
I guess we are the only ones there then !
Old 11-01-2008, 10:20 PM #64

Just don't see how she's "very nasty" because she has the odd word against someone to people she is close to like her brother. Jeez, if I was in the house with my sister, i'm sure we'd talk about who annoyed us.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:20 PM #65

Quote:
Originally posted by dupin
Quote:
I don't think anyone can deny that having an IQ of 178 is exceptional. I doubt anyone on this forum can even reason near that area.
It was taken when she was 4 years old. It's an unreliable reflection of what it would be if she was to test it now.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 PM #66

Quote:
Quote:
Message original : Arneldo
Quote:
I just don't understand you guys, I'm telling my opinions on what Dupin said and everyone is jumping at me because I don't like her. If I was doing that, you would kill me because I don't respect yours.
I don't like Jade and I know what I'm talking about please ! And my comments and critics weren't all about Jade.
I'm just stunned by what everyone told me now.
If you post your opinions publically on the internet, it'd be naive to expect anything other than for people to disagree and debate about them. We are all here to discuss Big Brother, lest we forget ... If you're not prepared to be disagreed with, then I would stop having a say on anything.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:22 PM #67
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It was taken when she was 4 years old. It's an unreliable reflection of what it would be if she was to test it now.
But you can't guarantee that though, can you?
Old 11-01-2008, 10:23 PM #68
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : dupin

If you post your opinions publically on the internet, it'd be naive to expect anything other than for people to disagree and debate about them. We are all here to discuss Big Brother, lest we forget ... If you're not prepared to be disagreed with, then I would stop having a say on anything.
But I do respect everyone's opinions, I've never said the contrary and I know that many people will disagree with me as much as I do but "you're talking rubbish" and everything wasn't a nice way to respect these opinions.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:23 PM #69

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Um, barely. She went to a school especially for exceptional children from the ages of 4 to 18 I think, and she's only 21 now. She is clearly very intelligent and I would think it'd be incredibly unlikely for her IQ to be significantly lower than it was 17 years ago.

Saying that, she doesn't really act like she has an IQ of 178, but underneath all the happiness and so forth, you can see that she's very intelligent.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:25 PM #70

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's my whole point. Call me suspicious, but I actually think Jade has tested her IQ since. Let's face it if you knew you're IQ was 178 when you were 4, you'd be pretty keen to test it again when you're older because that is exceptionally high. It's so easy to test it nowadays as well. I'm guessing she done that and found it to be less, and is conveniently not mentioning it.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:26 PM #71

I'd tend to trust my general opinion of someone having watched/ talked to them as a better judge of intelligence as opposed to an IQ test. Not saying i'm fantastic at it or anything but to me, IQ doesn't mean much. Most of the tests seem to be difficult to relate to real life experience and show little as to how any cognitive skills could be adapted around the pressures of society.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:27 PM #72
Nah

Nah

At least, we can't say she's not intelligent even if her IQ is not the same.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:28 PM #73

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Callum
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's my whole point. Call me suspicious, but I actually think Jade has tested her IQ since. Let's face it if you knew you're IQ was 178 when you were 4, you'd be pretty keen to test it again when you're older because that is exceptionally high. It's so easy to test it nowadays as well. I'm guessing she done that and found it to be less, and is conveniently not mentioning it.
I'm not sure that your opinion can be based on a cryptic conspiracy theory as opposed to the person (though clearly you don't like that either.)

I think the thing is, obviously there are exceptions - I'm not saying all women hate Jade and men don't, it will be less structured and robitic than that, but clearly what I say in the original post is applicable, and I thought long and hard about it before making it.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:30 PM #74

Quote:
I'd tend to trust my general opinion of someone having watched/ talked to them as a better judge of intelligence as opposed to an IQ test. Not saying i'm fantastic at it or anything but to me, IQ doesn't mean much. Most of the tests seem to be difficult to relate to real life experience and show little as to how any cognitive skills could be adapted around the pressures of society.
That's all well and good, but don't go undermining IQ tests. They're clearly reliable...that's why they are IQ tests after all.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:31 PM #75

Quote:
I'm not sure that your opinion can be based on a cryptic conspiracy theory as opposed to the person (though clearly you don't like that either.)

I think the thing is, obviously there are exceptions - I'm not saying all women hate Jade and men don't, it will be less structured and robitic than that, but clearly what I say in the original post is applicable, and I thought long and hard about it before making it.
It's hardly a conspiracy theory, I just find it strange she hasn't tested it since. I still think she is intelligent (there's no denying that) but she has no real talent and you can't really rely on that IQ score. I think she also said she got 2 As and a B in her A levels. Again, good but hardly exceptional. You can't get into Cambridge or Oxford University with those.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
eviction, jade's, jealousy, leading, woman's