Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Celebrity Hijack Discuss Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack shown on E4 in January 2008.

Old 13-01-2008, 12:57 PM #51
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
Well I dont want to read the "fine piece of literature" thanks
So very uncultured.

I'll have to agree with this guy.
cujo-man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 01:11 PM #52

Isn't answering a thread with answers like "I don't understand", then making no attempt to understand when explanations are given just a bit irritating and pointless?

Of course, nobody has to learn anything if they don't want, they don't have to learn how to not spell so badly that it becomes almost impossible to read, they don't have to understand what words like feminism mean or despite most members being well into their teens or beyond- have any concept of how the world works. This is a bb forum at the end of the day, you're never going to find the worlds sharpest political minds debating here, people want to talk about bb obviously and that is fine.

What I fail to understand though is this pride in the ignorance that people feel the need to post and highlight- the whole "I have no idea what these big words mean" and "what the hell are you talking about?" then making no real attempt to understand. The "I am not reading that tosh" or sometimes even laughing at people who do care enough to want to understand and make the effort to learn about it.

To me, it's all just gone a bit Jade Goody recently- people are almost praised for being thick as pig sh*t, so much so that they become proud of it. Some even pretend to be more stupid than they are to get attention!

If you don’t understand it and don’t care to understand, why reply? I just don’t see the point- you have no interest and don‘t want to look up anything that may explain it to you! For all those who don’t just want to sit and wonder ‘what all those big words mean’ for the rest of their lives, then the information is out on the net, maybe after you learn what is being talked about you will be able to put your opinion across better or at least have one in the first place other than just ‘I don’t know and I don’t care’!!

Sorry for the essay!!
Matt10k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 01:14 PM #53

Jade Goody - no way.

Mind You that Air Head - Jade was kicked Out First, here,
so I give the voters
good credit.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 01:21 PM #54
Banned

Banned

Deleted by author.
Ron21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 01:26 PM #55
smile:)

Btw, I did read the whole thread, and was completely lost. I have much better things to do than look up lots of words. Im not stupid, but there are big words in this thread, which some people wont understand..ie me..
Noel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 01:35 PM #56

Quote:
Originally posted by Noel
Btw, I did read the whole thread, and was completely lost. I have much better things to do than look up lots of words. Im not stupid, but there are big words in this thread, which some people wont understand..ie me..
So if you're not willing to fully understand it, why post ?

I kind of agree with the original post, I think perhaps some of the points are slightly exaggerated, or at least, spun to support the posters view, and I definately agree with Matt.

I remember watching Big Brother 8, and Brian / Liam / Twins were having a conversation where they completely slated people from a higher class than them, saying everyone who goes to public school / gets all their qualifications etc. looks down on them, are rude and so forth (whilst Kara-Louise was actually sat with them,) , and I thought it was a complete joke the way that intellect is looked at these days. If some well-spoken housemates had slated people like Brian, saying that people from that kind of area are stupid and unqualified, there would have been outrage, but there never was.
dupin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 01:38 PM #57
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt10k
Isn't answering a thread with answers like "I don't understand", then making no attempt to understand when explanations are given just a bit irritating and pointless?

Of course, nobody has to learn anything if they don't want, they don't have to learn how to not spell so badly that it becomes almost impossible to read, they don't have to understand what words like feminism mean or despite most members being well into their teens or beyond- have any concept of how the world works. This is a bb forum at the end of the day, you're never going to find the worlds sharpest political minds debating here, people want to talk about bb obviously and that is fine.

What I fail to understand though is this pride in the ignorance that people feel the need to post and highlight- the whole "I have no idea what these big words mean" and "what the hell are you talking about?" then making no real attempt to understand. The "I am not reading that tosh" or sometimes even laughing at people who do care enough to want to understand and make the effort to learn about it.

To me, it's all just gone a bit Jade Goody recently- people are almost praised for being thick as pig sh*t, so much so that they become proud of it. Some even pretend to be more stupid than they are to get attention!

If you don’t understand it and don’t care to understand, why reply? I just don’t see the point- you have no interest and don‘t want to look up anything that may explain it to you! For all those who don’t just want to sit and wonder ‘what all those big words mean’ for the rest of their lives, then the information is out on the net, maybe after you learn what is being talked about you will be able to put your opinion across better or at least have one in the first place other than just ‘I don’t know and I don’t care’!!

Sorry for the essay!!
10/10 ill givbe you a poularity point when i can.
molecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 01:54 PM #58
Banned

Banned

Deleted by author.
Old 13-01-2008, 08:29 PM #59

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron21
This is a forum about Big Brother, yet we are slowly turning into a Big Brother state, with full blown communism just around the corner.

I find it ironic, that on a forum about Big Brother, how little it is discussed that WE, not the housemates, are living in this tyranny.
loool WAAAAAAT??? no ofens buh i av o idea wat ur on about mate, i fort dis was a place 2 discus BB not politics o well, wateva floats ya boat
Miixed_Princess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 08:52 PM #60
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
Originally posted by Miixed_Princess
Quote:
This is a forum about Big Brother, yet we are slowly turning into a Big Brother state, with full blown communism just around the corner.

I find it ironic, that on a forum about Big Brother, how little it is discussed that WE, not the housemates, are living in this tyranny.
loool WAAAAAAT??? no ofens buh i av o idea wat ur on about mate, i fort this was a place 2 discus BB not politics o well, wateva floats you boat
Dear God, PLEASE pick up a dictionary.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 12:18 AM #61
Banned

Banned

Deleted by author.
Old 14-01-2008, 11:34 AM #62

Quote:
Originally posted by dupin
Quote:
Originally posted by Noel
So if you're not willing to fully understand it, why post ?
I was kind of hoping someone would explain it to me..That's why I posted..Sorry for posting. Shame on me.
Old 14-01-2008, 11:43 AM #63
Banned

Banned

Deleted by author.
Old 14-01-2008, 11:48 AM #64

Just what you mean by a Big Brother state and just everything overall. Im 14 =D
Old 14-01-2008, 11:50 AM #65
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Here it is, and this applies to you all:

People, when you read in the press about yet another move by the government to limit just what we can and cannot say, under ''hate speech'', don't you feel just a little bit more agitated that yet another human right is being taken, moulded, and controlled by the state?

People, when you read in the press about yet another move by the government to make rape easier to convict, thereby impinging on a man's basic right to a fair trial, don't you feel just a little bit more agitated that yet another human right is being taken, moulded, and controlled by the state?

And people, when you read in the press about yet another move by the government to force you to adopt an ID card, that may be used in the future to unfairly tax, penalise or imprison you for political dissent, don't you feel just a little bit more agitated that yet another human right is being taken, moulded, and controlled by the state?
1 ye really annopys me people try9iing to rule my life, dont need my hanmd held all thje time im big boy.

2 ye more rules is bad there shopuld be less riles.

3 ye dont need id card just a way for them to check up on ,me anmd order me round.
molecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 11:57 AM #66

I dont wanna sound ignorant or unwilling to understand or anything. I genuinely do wanna know what you are talkin about. lol.
Old 14-01-2008, 12:13 PM #67
Banned

Banned

Deleted by author.
Old 14-01-2008, 12:24 PM #68

I think I understand now..
You are saying that Big Brother, as in the TV show is just a down sized version of our daily lives as the government tries to control us and tell us what to do? And that we have the right to free speech and free debate and the government shouldnt be allowed to control what we say, no matter how socially prejudiced it may be?
Old 14-01-2008, 12:29 PM #69

Quote:
I do agree with Matt, and have said as much.

HOWEVER, I was the one to start this thread, and STILL I am waiting for someone (aside from Shaun, who has already done so) to pick up on the valid points I presented in section 1 of this very thread!

Here it is, and this applies to you all:

People, when you read in the press about yet another move by the government to limit just what we can and cannot say, under ''hate speech'', don't you feel just a little bit more agitated that yet another human right is being taken, moulded, and controlled by the state?
At the moment there is nothing that I wish to say that I don't feel as though I can do so without being reprimanded for it.

I know you say in the future there will come a time when even the basic insults will land you in trouble, well that will be the time that the opposition will oppose such rules and they'll be getting my vote, along with a great deal of others one assumes.We do live in a democracy after all.

Quote:
People, when you read in the press about yet another move by the government to make rape easier to convict, thereby impinging on a man's basic right to a fair trial, don't you feel just a little bit more agitated that yet another human right is being taken, moulded, and controlled by the state?
Of course I don't want those innocent of crimes to be easier to convict.You see these cases where famous people, predominately footballers who get accused of rape in one of these tabloid newspapers and people are saying they are guilty before even proven so.How can this be fair?

Quote:
And people, when you read in the press about yet another move by the government to force you to adopt an ID card, that may be used in the future to unfairly tax, penalise or imprison you for political dissent, don't you feel just a little bit more agitated that yet another human right is being taken, moulded, and controlled by the state?
And still, people on Big Brother forums are not discussing the reality behind the serialisation.

Oh yes, the irony indeed. [/quote]

I'm not really in favour of ID cards either, the only benefit I can see to them is there is more chance of those leaving in this country illegally being sent packing but even then it's a laborious process.

Not everyone on here is informed enough to get into a debate on these sorts of issues.It's just not something some people wish to take the time to research.
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 12:32 PM #70
Banned

Banned

Deleted by author..
Old 14-01-2008, 12:38 PM #71

http://www.ukmm.org.uk/
That looks a bit like what your talking about, but maybe a bit too towards the men..lol.
It sounds like they hate women or soemthing lol.
Old 14-01-2008, 12:41 PM #72
Banned

Banned

Deleted by author.
Old 14-01-2008, 12:43 PM #73
Banned

Banned

Deleted by author.
Old 14-01-2008, 12:58 PM #74

Quote:
Ah Dan, I see you have responded:

Quote:
At the moment there is nothing that I wish to say that I don't feel as though I can do so without being reprimanded for it.
I know you say in the future there will come a time when even the basic insults will land you in trouble, well that will be the time that the opposition will oppose such rules and they'll be getting my vote, along with a great deal of others one assumes.We do live in a democracy after all.
Quote:
WRONG!
Tell me then oh wise one, what is it that I want to say that I can't, without getting into trouble? I'd be incredibly interested to know! Should those who oppose tabloids printing stories about alleged rape be awaiting a knock at the door from the police?

Or is it Cameron's stance on rape you're making reference to? I know I mentioned the opposition but I also meant other parties too, should have made it clearer.Besides you're talking about 20 years from now that these laws going to change, well Cameron wont even be around at that time, so you cannot exactly predict the opposition stance on things come then.

Ironically (there is a lot of irony around these parts) you fail to notice a contradiction in what you say above, to what you say afterwards:

Quote:
Of course I don't want those innocent of crimes to be easier to convict.You see these cases where famous people, predominately footballers who get accused of rape in one of these tabloid newspapers and people are saying they are guilty before even proven so.How can this be fair?
Lol!!!

Quote:
So, Dan, if the opposition will supposedly ''come to our rescue'' when it comes to our rights being taken away from us, why is then, that the OPPOSITION leader David Cameron wants even MORE men locked up than even New Labour do! And get this: New Labour have so much anti male bigots and feminazis working for them, that men's basic rights are already in a DIRE position!

The ONLY way the opposition will EVER come to one side's rescue is if that side ACTIVELY protests about their civil rights being taken away from them!

Good gosh man, you cannot trust politicians to work on behalf of the people! It is up to the people themselves to put pressure on the government!
If someone proposed to take away complete freedom of speech, do you honestly think the majority are going to vote for them? Do you think they would remain in power if they took away all of our freedom of speech?

Quote:
Not everyone on here is informed enough to get into a debate on these sorts of issues.It's just not something some people wish to take the time to research.
That's the problem.
Well not everyone is going to take the time to learn up about it, they've got the pressures of school to deal with and need some time to themselves.
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 01:13 PM #75
Banned

Banned

Deleted by author.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
irony