Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 13-04-2008, 01:10 PM #51

Quote:
Originally posted by Spike
They could have easily showed 2 episodes last night, I don't get why they advertise a show for months to miss episodes.
And that is the point of complaining. Looking at the company website they don't even seem to complaints procedure.
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 01:12 PM #52

Quote:
Don't bother contacting ITV, they will just send you this standard reply

Quote:
Thank you for your recent email regarding PUSHING DAISIES.

ITV only had an 8 week slot available and it was decided that this was the best episode to drop as there are no serial elements within it. It may be shown at a later date.

Regards

DUTY OFFICER - PR
I got the same but then replied with this:

Quote:
This is not good enough response.

You have 4 channels. ITV1,2,3 and 4 and missing out an
espide from a series is not expectable.

I want to be contacted by someone in programming.

Your even showing a repeat of the first episode today
at 4.30!

If I do not get a good enough response then I will be
taking this further. I will write to the board of
Directors
~Kizwiz~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 01:14 PM #53

Can anyone remember who sponsors this?
Old 13-04-2008, 01:24 PM #54
Banned

Banned

Toblerone I think.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 01:26 PM #55

Quote:
Originally posted by Dezzy
Toblerone I think.
OOh spot on!!!!

I am going to write to them too... sad I know but it really infuriates me that viewers could be cast aside like this
Old 13-04-2008, 01:36 PM #56
can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

LOL Kiz your determination is brilliant.
MarkWaldorf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 01:53 PM #57

There is more than one of them in the Duty office. My reply had different letters after the words DUTY OFFICER.

Interestingly when you ask them a why they didn't show the second episode after the first they slow down. I guess they must run out of standard replies.

I haven't gone as far saying that I will go to the Board of Directors. I have another idea *evil laugh*
Old 13-04-2008, 01:54 PM #58

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkChap©
LOL Kiz your determination is brilliant.
Its my obsessiveness.....

But it gets things done
Old 13-04-2008, 02:11 PM #59

Wish I had seen the trailers.

ITV might have a case to answer with the Advertising Standards Authority. After all if you advertise anything you have to do it correctly. If they used the word "series" they would misleading the public since it not a series since one show is missing.

Anyway here is the tailer of what we are missing:

Looks good if you ask me.
Old 14-04-2008, 02:03 PM #60

Default ITV cuts episode from Pushing Daisies run

Quote:
ITV cuts episode from Pushing Daisies run
LONDON - UK viewers will not see the second episode of US drama import 'Pushing Daisies', which debuted on ITV1 on Saturday with 5.7m viewers, until later this year.

The mix-up is due to the channel only having an eight-week window in which to show the nine-part series, which, like many US shows, was itself truncated by the writers' strike.

The series will continue this coming Saturday with the third episode rather than the second, which will be shown "at a later date" according to an ITV spokesman.

He said the situation had developed as a result of the US writers' strike, which left the series and others such as 'Bionic Woman' and ' Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' with shorter runs than normal. Those two shows aired only eight and nine episodes respectively.

Schedulers decided to cut the series run down to eight episodes and selected the second episode as the one that could be removed with the smallest disruption to the narrative flow.

Asked whether ITV would change its mind if viewers complained, the spokesman said it would not be possible to screen episode two before episode three this Saturday.

'Pushing Daisies' features British actress Anna Friel as the childhood sweetheart of pie-maker Ned, played by Lee Pace, who can bring people back to life by touching them, but he if touches them again, they die.

Although the first episode lost out to 'Casualty' on BBC One, it did well with the highly sought after younger audience, with 31% of 16- to 34-year-olds, compared with 18% watching 'Casualty'.
Source:Brand Republic
Old 15-04-2008, 09:50 AM #61
Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Default ITV drops Pushing Daisies episode

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

The second episode of Anna Friel's hit US drama Pushing Daisies will not be screened by ITV, it has emerged.

The UK broadcaster bought the rights to the entire nine-part series, but only has space in its schedule to show eight programmes before Euro 2008 begins.

Viewers will skip straight to episode three of the modern-day fairytale, about a man who brings people back from the dead - including his first love.

Episode one brought 5.7 million viewers to ITV1 on Saturday night.

"Episode two was the only show we could drop without spoiling the storyline," an ITV spokesman said.

Repeat showing

The missing instalment sees lead character Ned coming to terms with his power, interspersed with flashbacks to his childhood - including a school lesson where he was expected to dissect a frog.

As with the first episode, it was directed by Men In Black and Addams Family film-maker Barry Sonenfeld.

However, ITV said the programme would "be shown at some point because the series will be repeated".

The broadcaster blamed the mix-up on the US writers' strike, which meant only nine episodes of Pushing Daisies were made.

The series has made former Brookside star Anna Friel a household name in the US.

It won her a Golden Globe nomination for best actress, although she was beaten to the prize by Glenn Close for her role in crime thriller Damages.

A second series is due to start filming later this year.

ITV and the BBC will split coverage of the Euro 2008 football tournament, which begins on 7 June.
Harry! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 12:57 PM #62

Seems the truth is coming out at last:
Quote:
A source on the programme said: "It's very embarrassing for the channel and the schedulers have come in for a lot of stick about it.

"Essentially because it's got a prime time slot the programme couldn't be extended because there are shows planned months in advance for those times.

"Some of the team mentioned putting one of the episodes on one of the other ITV channels but they were pretty adamant about just trying to bury the fact that someone had really screwed up.

"So it's come down to having to cut one of the episodes out and hopefully no one will notice - that is until they get the DVDs."
Source:Mail on Sunday
Old 15-04-2008, 03:11 PM #63

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:

At least the dropped episode is getting some attention, I don't see why ITV didn't show two episodes on Saturday and just not show the film.
Spike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 03:18 PM #64
Banned

Banned

*Sigh*

It looks like i'll be watching the episode on youtube or it's equivelant, It's no wonder people download TV programs when they are handled as bad as this.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 04:19 PM #65

Quote:
At least the dropped episode is getting some attention, I don't see why ITV didn't show two episodes on Saturday and just not show the film.
Well Spike it doesn't look like its the sort attention they really want. Here is the latest article to come out of the Daily Mail.

Quote:
Fans anger as ITV cuts second episode of hit US drama Pushing Daisies
ITV has triggered an angry reaction from fans of its new US drama Pushing Daisies by cancelling the second episode.

Nearly six million viewers watched the opening episode on Saturday night about a pie maker who brings his girlfriend, played by British actress Anna Friel, back to life.

But ITV's decision to go from episode one to three because of a scheduling issue, has angered fans.

Hundreds have signed an online petition calling for ITV to reverse the decision.

On one forum, a fan writes: "What are ITV playing at? I think it's really insulting the audience's intelligence to just cut the second episode out, surely they knew how many episodes were available when they purchased this show?

"I will definitely be writing to them to voice my displeasure at this idiotic move."

Another fan writes: "ITV ... dedicate weeks to rubbish shows and when they have a good one they refuse to show it all."

On a Facebook group created for fans, there is a link where the missing episode can be downloaded from a pirate website.

The mix-up is due to ITV having an eight-week window in which to show the nine parts because of the start of the Euro 2008 football tournament.

ITV executives felt the second episode was the one that could be removed with the smallest disruption to the narrative flow.

Pushing Daisies is ITV's first acquisition of a primetime US drama for 15 years.

The missing episode sees Ned coming to terms with his power, interspersed with flashbacks to his childhood, including a school lesson where he is expected to dissect a frog.

The series won Anna Friel a Golden Globe nomination for best actress in her first major role in a US television series.
Source:Daily Mail
Old 15-04-2008, 04:44 PM #66

Favourites:
BB11: Corin

Favourites:

I am Loving PD and I emailed ITV about the 2nd Episode and here is when they sead

Quote:
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately due to scheduling restrictions we can only screen eight of the nine programmes in the current run. Episode two is the only one we can take out at this stage with out disrupting the flow of the series but it’s a great ‘stand alone’ episode, and one that we will broadcast later this year.

Due to the US writers strike, delivery of many acquisitions has been affected. Rather than receiving a full series of many of this year’s shows we’ve had a range of different options –such as 13 parts so far for Gossip Girl and 9 parts for Pushing Daisies. This has an impact on scheduling – particularly in the more competitive slots - as we typically receive dramas in parts of six or eight.

Unfortunately given the high profile nature of the 9pm Saturday slot, we only have eight windows at the moment and have therefore made the decision to show the second episode at a future point.

Kind Regards,

Duty Office - SG
Chri$ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 05:22 PM #67

Quote:
Originally posted by ©hris
I am Loving PD and I emailed ITV about the 2nd Episode and here is when they sead
I love the way they are trying to blame the writers strike now and they sayong it's not there fault they brought nine episodes and they only had 8 slots. Surely they must have known what they were buying before they paid out the cash.

I wrote Warner Brothers today asking them if they knew that ITV are blaming them for the mess. I hope they reply it could be rather interesting.
Old 15-04-2008, 05:58 PM #68

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
ITV will not screen the second episode of US drama Pushing Daisies because it doesn't have enough room on its schedule.

The show, which stars Lee Pace as a pie-maker who can bring people back to life, debuted to strong ratings on Saturday but ITV has confirmed it only has room to air eight of the nine episodes before the Euro 2008 football tournament starts.

A spokesman for ITV said: "Episode two was the only show we could drop without spoiling the storyline."

The second episode focuses on Pace's character Ned experimenting with his powers and recalling a moment from his childhood when he brought a dead frog back to life.

ITV added that the episode will "be shown at some point because the series will be repeated".

A second series of Pushing Daisies, created by former Heroes producer Bryan Fuller, will start filming later in the year.

Euro 2008 begins on June 7 with ITV and the BBC splitting coverage.
DS
Old 15-04-2008, 06:01 PM #69
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Well tbh I'll watch it online but it's still unfair on people with no internet access. itv should have shown the 2 episodes on saturday, instead of missing a whole one out.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 06:07 PM #70

Favourites:

Favourites:

I am going to watch the second episode tomorrow but its just stupid what ITV have done, I hope they back down and show the second episode or this show could be its next big failure for ITV.
Old 15-04-2008, 06:17 PM #71

Seems like they are really covering it:

http://www.itv.com/Drama/contemporar...s/default.html

They didn't even tell the truth on the episode guide!

Quote:
Episode Two
The Fun In Funeral
Saturday 19 April
9.05pm ITV1

With Ned’s special gift still unclear to Chuck, she seeks more answers to Ned’s ‘special touch’.

Ned avoids answering her questions like “Why it is only one minute?” and “What happens after one minute?” That’s because he fears that she will discover that he inadvertently killed his father when they were children as a result of him bringing his mother back from the dead.

Private Investigator Emerson Cod receives another strange death case at the Schatz Funeral Home where Ned brought Chuck back to life.

This time they are to investigate the death of the Funeral Director, who died as a result of Chuck staying alive for longer than one minute.

Chuck continues to question Ned about why this murder is different from the others and Ned, not wanting to keep anything from Chuck, tells her about the consequences of keeping someone alive for more than one minute.

Chuck realises she is only alive because the funeral director died.

Pushing Daisies
Episode One

Our story begins in the beautiful fairytale world inhabited by Ned and Charlotte “Chuck” Charles. They are childhood sweethearts but Ned’s idyllic life is blighted by his special gift.

His mum collapses in the kitchen and when Ned touches her she comes right back to life. It was the same with his beloved golden retriever Digby. He got hit by a truck and Ned returned him to the town of Coeur d’ Coeurs.

But for every person returned to life another must die. Chuck’s dad dies just after his mum is brought back to life. He falls stone dead on the lawn.

Fast forward to the present day and Ned opens The Pie Hole restaurant. It’s a unique place but doesn’t make much money. One day a private investigator called Emerson Cod sees Ned bring a man back to life.

He puts a proposition to him and cash-strapped Ned accepts. Then they take on the unsolved murder case that will change their lives and bring them a new partner.
Old 15-04-2008, 06:54 PM #72

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon
Seems like they are really covering it:

http://www.itv.com/Drama/contemporar...s/default.html

They didn't even tell the truth on the episode guide!

Quote:
Episode Two
The Fun In Funeral
Saturday 19 April
9.05pm ITV1

With Ned’s special gift still unclear to Chuck, she seeks more answers to Ned’s ‘special touch’.

Ned avoids answering her questions like “Why it is only one minute?” and “What happens after one minute?” That’s because he fears that she will discover that he inadvertently killed his father when they were children as a result of him bringing his mother back from the dead.

Private Investigator Emerson Cod receives another strange death case at the Schatz Funeral Home where Ned brought Chuck back to life.

This time they are to investigate the death of the Funeral Director, who died as a result of Chuck staying alive for longer than one minute.

Chuck continues to question Ned about why this murder is different from the others and Ned, not wanting to keep anything from Chuck, tells her about the consequences of keeping someone alive for more than one minute.

Chuck realises she is only alive because the funeral director died.

Pushing Daisies
Episode One

Our story begins in the beautiful fairytale world inhabited by Ned and Charlotte “Chuck” Charles. They are childhood sweethearts but Ned’s idyllic life is blighted by his special gift.

His mum collapses in the kitchen and when Ned touches her she comes right back to life. It was the same with his beloved golden retriever Digby. He got hit by a truck and Ned returned him to the town of Coeur d’ Coeurs.

But for every person returned to life another must die. Chuck’s dad dies just after his mum is brought back to life. He falls stone dead on the lawn.

Fast forward to the present day and Ned opens The Pie Hole restaurant. It’s a unique place but doesn’t make much money. One day a private investigator called Emerson Cod sees Ned bring a man back to life.

He puts a proposition to him and cash-strapped Ned accepts. Then they take on the unsolved murder case that will change their lives and bring them a new partner.
OMG yeah

Season 1, Episode 1: Pie-lette
Original Air Date: 3 October 2007
Ned uses his unique powers to bring his childhood crush, Chuck, back to life and solve her murder. But he is also forced to keep his distance from her, because if he touches her, she will be dead forever.

Season 1, Episode 2: Dummy
Original Air Date: 10 October 2007
The team investigates an unusual car manufacturer after a murder victim claims that he was killed by a crash test dummy.

Season 1, Episode 3: The Fun in Funeral
Original Air Date: 17 October 2007
Emerson asks Ned to bring the funeral director he killed back to life, knowing that it will expose the secret about why Chuck is still alive. Olive also learns about Ned and Chuck's secret while delivering a pie to Chuck's aunts.

Chri$ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 06:57 PM #73

Favourites:

Favourites:

ITV must of thought they were so clever trying to cover it up.
Old 16-04-2008, 06:34 PM #74

They are going to miss out episode 2!? Really!!?

That's stupid.

I don't think they would do this.
ThisIsMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 07:27 PM #75

Favourites:

Favourites:

Just watched the second episode, it was brilliant loving this show.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
daisies, pushing