Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB9 Big Brother 9 in 2008 was won by Rachel Rice.

Old 17-06-2008, 09:45 AM #1
retro physical

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

retro physical

Favourites:

Default Dennis - Changing?

Okay.
I'm expecting people to completely trash this and slate Dennis but I feel like this should be brought up.

Admittedly, I can see how Dennis could be annoying and portrayed as the camp gay stereotype.
However, after last night, although I was already a huge Dennis fan, I feel he should receive a lot more respect.

He admitted to having a game plan of being a bit two faced, but after seeing other housemates in there, he's ditched it and is gonna play the game honestly.
&then last night, he called the meeting about people being two faced and saying things behind other people's backs, and I think that it was a really good thing to do. Obviously you won't stop backstabbing, but he's made the other housemates who aren't aware of it [Rachel, Jenn] that it's happening.

I can't see how that could be taken negatively, and hopefully he's started to change some opinions people have of him.
xDramatick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 09:53 AM #2
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

He has a bit more of my respect, however I still think he chose his timing perfectly to fit in with the game plan.

My reasons:[*] When he was in the bath and Alexandra was bitching to him - you could tell then he was thinking "... this bitching aint good", yet he sat and took it from her. He didn't enjoy it and was already considering the house meeting at this point, yet he said in silence. THIS, I feel, would've been the perfect time for him to speak up to her and gain the respect of the audience at home - but he was too afraid, and saw a better opportunity.
[*] The house meeting, although the foundations of it were good, he took it OTT with the 'I will not name the person' and the hedging around the subject. It seemed like he wanted sensationalised paranoia in the house. It would've been easier if he tackled the subject head on.
[*] He chose the timing on the house meeting to ensure EVERYONE was there. It annoyed me somewhat, cos why do others need to know about the bitching done about them? It's not his place to "out" the person. He could've had a word with Alex saying he didn't appreciate her bitching, advising her to tell the others what she really thinks of them instead of saving it for behind their back. Instead he created more drama than it was worth.

His intentions were good, but he didn't carry them out very well?
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 10:09 AM #3

I liked him at first with all the energy and camp jumping around gay stuff but there's another side to him. I don't know what it is I just get creeped out watching him, he well fancies himself. And he's Alex's panting lapdog which is well annoying.
SexualHeroics is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 10:12 AM #4
Banned

Banned

Dennis is two faced and a drama queen, that meeting yesterday served no purpose then to make him the centre of attention. I bet you in a few days he'll be back to his bitchy ways.

It's an act, GET HIM OUT!
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 10:14 AM #5
retro physical

Favourites:

retro physical

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
His intentions were good, but he didn't carry them out very well?
I totally agree.
I do think he could've carried it out better.

I kinda agree with most of your points too, but to be honest, I don't know many people that would tell Alex they don't appreciate her bitching =| It'd have been wicked if he had, and I do think he'd have gained much more respect from the audience.

I think it was fair of him not to name the person, though I can see the atmosphere it could have caused.

I do think his intentions were genuinally good, I think it's apparent by his thoughts throughout the day that it wasn't faked. Perhaps he could've carried them out better though.

&to Dezzy; I don't think he will go back to being bitchy. Obviously, he may say 'blah blah is being annoying', everyone does that, but he won't be as viciously bitchy. He said in his diary room that he's dropping his game plan now, and I believe it was genuine.
xDramatick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 10:25 AM #6

I dont think he was changing at all, I think it was part of his game plan to call a house meeting.

He knew it would draw attention to him and his attributes. He also knew it would cause a litttle division in the group by them all wondering who had said what about them. I did not like that he targetted Rachel when he really should have been saying to Alex "shut the hell up"
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 10:40 AM #7

I wasn't convinced. I actually feel as though it was part of his game plan to say he had one. Also, by attracting attention to himself in that way, he thought he was achieving the desired effect - but instead, his fellow housemates will probably be wary and cautious around him. And he has less credibility with the audience, because I for one don't know if I can trust him anymore. I expect it's the same for some other regular BB viewers.
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 11:15 AM #8

Hes gone from a fake, over the top bitch to a faker low-key bitch.

Hes still repulsive.
Chrizzle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 11:19 AM #9

IMO it was all an act.the "if im being honest then ok i do have a gameplan" was just to get the public to like him.
KKBL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
changing, dennis