Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB9 Big Brother 9 in 2008 was won by Rachel Rice.

Old 30-06-2008, 04:05 PM #1

Default Dirty Den: I will not drink again

SHAMED spitter Dennis McHugh last night apologised for the “unjustifiable” attack that got him booted off Big Brother.

The camp dancer begged Channel 4 bosses to let him return to the show to make his peace with Mohamed.

A tearful Dennis, 23, speaking from a secret location in Edinburgh, said: “I want to say sorry to my family — but most of all, I really, really want to apologise to Mohamed.

“I hope to be given the chance to do that face to face — but I have not had any indication of whether I can or not.

“The show’s bosses just told me to go home and make sure I had plenty of friends and family around me.”

Dennis claims he was only making the gesture to spit at Mohamed — but he added: “It’s my mistake and I am going to regret it for the rest of my life.”

He clashed with Mohamed, 23, in the early hours of Friday during a bust-up that erupted when housemates were all boozed up after drinking cider and wine.

And Dennis is so ashamed of his boozed up Big Brother spit spat that he has vowed to stay away from alcohol FOR EVER.

The Scot, fearful of a public backlash against his disgraceful attack, pledged: “It was totally fuelled by drink — and I’m never touching it again.”

He insisted that he was so embarrassed by his actions that if he had not been thrown out, he would “probably would have asked to leave the house”.

Dennis, fighting back tears, added: “I’m disgusted with myself for what happened. It was completely out of character. I’m not that type.

“I don’t get into arguments. I don’t get into fights. Everyone who knows me knows that I’m a happy, fun kind of person to be around.

“I get on with all people. It was totally fuelled by drink — so I’m never touching it again. And I want publicly to say sorry to the nation and Scotland for embarrassing them.”

Dennis claims he was gesturing and not spitting at Mohamed, 23, in the early hours of Friday during the row when housemates had been downing cider and wine.

He said: “I’m one million per cent sure that I didn’t spit, I just made the action — but that in no way justifies what happened or what I did.”

Dennis has not left his secret Edinburgh address since arriving home following his eviction.

He added: “I really hope people don’t hate me. I hope the public will realise how sorry I am for what happened. Big Brother was meant to be a journey of self-discovery but look what I’ve done. I mucked it up.

“It’s my mistake and I’m going to regret it for the rest of my life and live with it for ever more.”

Dennis, when asked whether the police had been in touch, said he had been ordered by Channel 4 producers and his lawyers not to talk about any investigation.

But a spokesman for police in Hertfordshire — where the BB house is situated — has already said: “Officers will speak with the potential complainant as and when he leaves.”

Dennis revealed he had been trying to get on Big Brother for the past three years and insisted he is still a fan of the show. He added: “Up until the incident, I was having a great time.

“I was meeting lots of people and having a lot of fun. I don’t regret any of it — up until Friday.

“I just really regret what happened and what I did.

“It would be disrespectful to the show for me to say they edit things because no matter how something you do is shown, you still do it.

“All your actions are there for everyone to see whether it’s edited or not.

“I did what I did. It’s a horrible thing. It’s a huge mistake and one which I truly, truly regret.”

Dennis was not paid for this interview.

Source
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 04:07 PM #2
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Sorry for pointing this out, but isn't this more or less the same story as this?

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru....php?tid=87282
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 04:09 PM #3

That's like my semi-weekly catch phrase.
Rocko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 04:12 PM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
Sorry for pointing this out, but isn't this more or less the same story as this?

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru....php?tid=87282

Thanks for pointing that out. It was more to do with the fact of him vowing never to drink again. Different source, similar, but slightly different story.
Old 30-06-2008, 04:14 PM #5
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

I see but in the article he apologises and tells us how embarrasaed he is, just like in the other article. Apart from the bit you mentioned it's more or less the same article.

Either way thanks for the info.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 04:18 PM #6

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
I see but in the article he apologises and tells us how embarrasaed he is, just like in the other article. Apart from the bit you mentioned it's more or less the same article.

Either way thanks for the info.
You're welcome.
Old 30-06-2008, 04:19 PM #7

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones

My arse he will stop drinking.
Sam! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 05:58 PM #8

Yeah right and pigs can fly