Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB9 Big Brother 9 in 2008 was won by Rachel Rice.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:14 PM #1

Default My thoughts on the final

Just finished watching the final, with a bad hangover

The stage was the best since BB7, and I was so glad they brought back the ex-housemate walk of shame - even if it turned into a mess. Most ex-housemates looked good (WTF was Jen wearing!?), I can't say the same for our finalists. The top 5, and didn't even seem to make an effort. Rachel looked like she just ironed her hair, Sara looks like she was wearing a nightdress, Micky looked like he was going camping, Rex looked like a tool (wtf was with the collar thing - and well, Darnell once again tries to get attention. Instead, he just looked like a total fool. It's the friggin final, I think they could done a bit more tbh. Even Davina's dress wasn't the best - and her hair was ruined by the end.

Anyway - Darnell 5th - brilliant. I was so happy he didn't beat Sara. A just like I predicted, his whole interview was the cringiest of the series (Steph's a close second).

Rex - forth - shocked. I expected, at least, third but I did think he had a huge chance at winning. I liked his interview, but his exit was just ugh. WTF was with that crappy collor thing he kept doing! Oh and the face he pulled at the very end when all housemates were lined-up was hilarious. I do think Rex and Nicole make a good couple and I wish them the best.

Sara - third - hmm. I wanted Sara to win, but wasn't shocked or really disappointed when she came third. I never thought she'd make the top 2, although it was close!! I'm so happy she got cheerd. Had to be the second best reception of the night, after Mikey. And she proved she was genuine right to the end in her interview.

Michael - second - disappointed. I had everything crossed, hoping Mikey would win and I was disappointed when he didn't. I think Mikey has to be one of the biggest stars of BB9 and definitely a memorable housemate. As a predicted, his interview and exit was quite emm weird, and deafening (why does he have to shout!?) but it was very Mikey-like! However - hoe dare he squirt Davina with that crappy duck!? lol His best bits and VT's where the best of the night and really made me laugh. Looking back on it, I do think Mikey was a brilliant housemate and I think I under rated him.

Rachel - winner - boring. Aw well. You want a boring winner, then there you go. I'll never understand it. I don't see what she brought to the house entertainment wise. Rachel didn't win because of what she did. Rachel won because of what other people did to her - which is a stupid reason IMO. I definitely think Rachel is the least deserving winner in the history of the show, and I'm not surprised this year had the least watched final. But what's done is done - Congratulations to her and hope she does well with her teaching.

Overall, I think this years final was good and went well. I suppose what made it so good was that it was SO unpredictable and so close. I've loved BB9 - it's such a shame it ended with a crap winner though.
Arneldo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:16 PM #2
can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

Quote:
lol His best bits and VT's where the best of the night and really made me laugh. Looking back on it, I do think Mikey was a brilliant housemate and I think I under rated him.
I completely agree. I laughed so much at his best bits. I wish I could have grown to like him over the series. Maybe I was too wrapped up in wanting others to win rather than him.
MarkWaldorf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:17 PM #3

Favourites:
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

agree 100000%:]
SiaSiaSia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:18 PM #4

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

I liked it and it was the best final for years. Rachel wasn't exactly my first choice to win but I am happy for her, she seems nice enough and its a big up yours to Luke & co.

The ex-housemate thing was working until Davina started stopping them when they were walking, so eventually Nicole was right behind the person in front.

The stage is better on that side though.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
final, thoughts