Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 02:22 PM #51

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrluvaluva
Original article here

This is from The Daily Mail rather than The Sun so maybe some people may find it more believable. [/align]
Oh Baz - you know I think you'e wonderful () but the words 'Daily' and 'Mail', or 'Daily' and 'Express' used together make me view the article with ever heightened suspicion.

The amount that family were receiving was ridiculous. However, the fact that they are immigrants is totally irrelevant - it would still be too much if it was a British family. The whole point of the article emphasizing the fact that the family are immigrants is just to stir people up even more.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:54 PM #52

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth

The amount that family were receiving was ridiculous. However, the fact that they are immigrants is totally irrelevant - it would still be too much if it was a British family. The whole point of the article emphasizing the fact that the family are immigrants is just to stir people up even more.
It wasn't necessary, but it is not the be all and end all of the story though. It is not the point of it, yet some people can only seem to comment on that fact and that fact alone.

My comment on the Daily Mail was sarcastic. Hence the rolling eyes.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:52 PM #53

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Looks like I caused a bit of confusion with my wording on the first page, basically all I said was that I was questionning the system and why immigrants get priority over British people, to the point where some British people have to have more kids to get a bigger house.

The reason why I brought up the racist thing was because of my wording (which isn't brilliant) and it was just so people didn't see that as intentional, thats all.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:30 PM #54

It could be looked at it another way.

They may have been forced to flee Afghanistan after we invaded. If that is the case, does our government have a responsibility to help them?

If that is the case then personally I think they are more deserving that some of the UK born scum who want it all but have never given anything in return, apart from more kids for us to pay for.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:00 PM #55
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

The word 'Afghan' is the 2nd word of the article. I think the writer wanted that point to be established to the reader as soon as possible. Read into that whatever you want.

Obviously this woman is entitled to these benefits or else she wouldnt get them. I think we should discuss the failings of the benefit system rather than rant about foreigners taking all the good sh*t.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:12 PM #56

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
The word 'Afghan' is the 2nd word of the article. I think the writer wanted that point to be established to the reader as soon as possible. Read into that whatever you want.

Obviously this woman is entitled to these benefits or else she wouldnt get them. I think we should discuss the failings of the benefit system rather than rant about foreigners taking all the good sh*t.
Absolutely GiRTh. This thread would be a whole different story if it had been a white family.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:07 AM #57

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ange7

Rant zzzzzz
Spike didn't say foreigners ... he said "dirty, smelly foreigners. Why didn't you add that. Spicks or whatever waffled on about that racist loser Jade was a joke ... he tried to argue she wasn't racist despite the fact that she herself said she was.That I would have though was a no brainer but clearly it's still up for debate by some.
Now answer me this ... why did the report add the word "afghan"?... if she's been living in the UK that long why call her "afghan". All I'm saying is that the reporter wants to get as big a readership as he can... that includes giving the rednecks a bone.
No rant.

Just facts.

Spike did say "foreigners" as I said. And he actually described them as a "dirty scummy foreign family" which I said I found impolite but not necessarily racist.

Everyone is entitled to an opion but you seem to rubbish Sticks post as "waffle".

As for "that racist loser" Jade admitting she was racist, I suggest you visit that separate thread for my comments with the facts.

I agree it wasn't necessary to mention she was Afghan, but I don't find it overtly racist.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

I just wish I could see some more constructive comments coming from you which I can honestly say I haven't so far.
Re Jade ... SHE agreed she was racist and ignorant and so apologised. END OF. There's not room for debate here buddy hehe..That was YEARS ago ....No one is debating that any more except you and your mate sticks.

"Everyone is entitled to an opion but you seem to rubbish Sticks post as "waffle"."
... but from the sound of that apparantly everyone is entitled to an opinion except me.

"This whole thing has been blown out of proportion. "
.....you mean it's blown up in your face... you made the mistake of thinking you could explain away my hate of racism as political correctness gone mad ... which is another thing you have in common with the sticks guy...

"I just wish I could see some more constructive comments coming from you which I can honestly say I haven't so far. "
....Play the man not the ball ... your always getting personal... probably because you know your on a loser with this argument. Anyway I think it IS constructive to point out stupid articles written by hate and fear mongering sun reporters ... particularly when people don't spot it for themselves.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:13 AM #58

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth
Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh

Absolutely GiRTh. This thread would be a whole different story if it had been a white family.
yeah I agree ....
and
Mrlover by
"yet some people can only seem to comment on that fact and that fact alone."
... are you talking about me? The point is once you realise the motives of the reporter then the rest of info has a huge question mark over it. You seem to be saying " ok ok the reporter might be trying to pander to racists but lets just ignore that and talk about the real issues here".... ....!?!?!what??.... if you agree he's pandering to rednecks then the reporters credibility is shot to pieces .... reading the first sentence would have told you that.
oh and Tom, don't worry... you didn't kick off the racist debate... mylover did when he saw this article in the sun and thought.... "yeah I'll post this on tibb...". Which wasn't so bad.... government waste and mismanagement is something to get rightly angered about but Mrlover then labeled as politically correct those who saw this hate filled "news" for what it is. Again playing the man and not the ball..... just argue the facts mate
Old 12-10-2008, 12:19 PM #59

Quote:

"Everyone is entitled to an opion but you seem to rubbish Sticks post as "waffle"."
... but from the sound of that apparantly everyone is entitled to an opinion except me.

"This whole thing has been blown out of proportion. "
.....you mean it's blown up in your face... you made the mistake of thinking you could explain away my hate of racism as political correctness gone mad ... which is another thing you have in common with the sticks guy...

"I just wish I could see some more constructive comments coming from you which I can honestly say I haven't so far. "
....Play the man not the ball ... your always getting personal... probably because you know your on a loser with this argument. Anyway I think it IS constructive to point out stupid articles written by hate and fear mongering sun reporters ... particularly when people don't spot it for themselves.
You are just repeating yourself now. Your arguments make no sense. In fact, you have no argument. You of course are entitled to your opinion. Rubbishing someones comments as "waffle" is just pathetic. That is no argument at all. I would never lower myself to call yours bollocks for example. I still don't see anything constructive from you or anything worth discussing. You have shown yourself to be argumentitive. Nothing more.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:22 PM #60

Quote:

Mrlover by
... are you talking about me?
Yes. "Play the man not the ball". Stop repeating yourself.

" This thread would be a whole different story if it had been a white family."

Of course it would because you would never have posted in here if it was.

Regarding Jade. You say "SHE agreed she was racist and ignorant and so apologised. END OF. "

You are incorrect with your facts again. Do you actually read my posts?
Old 13-10-2008, 12:29 AM #61

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:

Mrlover by
... are you talking about me?
Yes. "Play the man not the ball". Stop repeating yourself.

" This thread would be a whole different story if it had been a white family."

Of course it would because you would never have posted in here if it was.

Regarding Jade. You say "SHE agreed she was racist and ignorant and so apologised. END OF. "

You are incorrect with your facts again. Do you actually read my posts?

... how is Jade saying she is racist incorrect? She said it... fact... she apologised for it... end of. Her racism was born of ignorance, after all she is one on the greatest meat heads on bb ever... and on english BB that's saying something. Some of those old bb hms look as though they came straight from a sheltered workshop. Anyway that type of racism disappears once a person stops being ignorant ....when they pull their head from their a*rse and start meeting and getting to know people.... and not just "tolerate" them but understand. It's something selfish people find hard to do because they are so in their own heads and unable to feel empathy. Real racist on the other hand are fuelled by hate and fear.. eg people who keep trying to defend Jade's racism even in light of the fact that SHE admitted to it and said sorry.

So Mrluvaluva enough of your sad insults and idiot "head patting" emoticons. Just the logic please mate......why am I wrong when I say she's racist?.. oh and why is she wrong too hehe? And NO you haven't explained that in this thread...
"Do you actually read my posts?"
I read them here in this thread but generally I try to ignore your "britney versus aguilera", "coffee versus tea", tweeny threads so no mate I won't be hunting through tibb for your "golden" post.....zzzzzzzz
Old 13-10-2008, 09:33 AM #62

Quote:

... how is Jade saying she is racist incorrect? She said it... fact... she apologised for it... end of. Her racism was born of ignorance, after all she is one on the greatest meat heads on bb ever... and on english BB that's saying something. Some of those old bb hms look as though they came straight from a sheltered workshop. Anyway that type of racism disappears once a person stops being ignorant ....when they pull their head from their a*rse and start meeting and getting to know people.... and not just "tolerate" them but understand. It's something selfish people find hard to do because they are so in their own heads and unable to feel empathy. Real racist on the other hand are fuelled by hate and fear.. eg people who keep trying to defend Jade's racism even in light of the fact that SHE admitted to it and said sorry.

So Mrluvaluva enough of your sad insults and idiot "head patting" emoticons. Just the logic please mate......why am I wrong when I say she's racist?.. oh and why is she wrong too hehe? And NO you haven't explained that in this thread...
I read them here in this thread but generally I try to ignore your "britney versus aguilera", "coffee versus tea", tweeny threads so no mate I won't be hunting through tibb for your "golden" post.....zzzzzzzz
Not fact. Not end of. Let's get one thing straight. I don't like Jade. She actually apologised for being a bully, not for being a racist as I have mentioned several times, but you seem to keep overlooking.

The last bit of your post made me lol. Where do you get your information from at all? Can you please show me my posts in the threads "britney versus aguilera" and "coffee versus tea".

I doubt you can.
Old 13-10-2008, 11:53 AM #63

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:

Not fact. Not end of. Let's get one thing straight. I don't like Jade. She actually apologised for being a bully, not for being a racist as I have mentioned several times, but you seem to keep overlooking.

The last bit of your post made me lol. Where do you get your information from at all? Can you please show me my posts in the threads "britney versus aguilera" and "coffee versus tea".

I doubt you can.
oh dear me this is my very last post on this thread...... zzzzz don't know if your more boring or more proud?

" She actually apologised for being a bully, not for being a racist as I have mentioned several times, but you seem to keep overlooking."

I'm not over looking it ... I've explained to you "over and over" again why your wrong... lol because SHE SAID IT.... simple as! dude what is wrong with you? 10 seconds of googling says your WRONG. .

But your way too proud to admit it ...why .? do you have some sort of reputation among the tweenies that you need to uphold hehe.

(cough) ... whispers "endof"
oh look ... your favourite emoticons!!
Old 13-10-2008, 12:00 PM #64

Your video doesn't work.

"do you have some sort of reputation among the tweenies that you need to uphold hehe"

You are getting desperately childish now.
Old 13-10-2008, 12:05 PM #65

This is the one I think you were trying to post (bar the grunts). Is that correct?
Old 13-10-2008, 12:12 PM #66

Another one for you to peruse. She actually says she is not racist and said her comments were not meant in a racist way but she was nasty.

I still see no evidence of your comments.
Old 13-10-2008, 12:15 PM #67

Quote:

I doubt you can.

You missed this bit. You need to uphold your comments again, but you can't can you?
Old 13-10-2008, 11:28 PM #68

Favourites:

Favourites:

OMG!!
yes dude!!! .. the news of the world interview. How about I get some sock puppets out and explain it to you hehe.

"Jade Goody admits CBB Shilpa Shetty attack was racist"
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=l_uXkavcw1I
Old 13-10-2008, 11:49 PM #69

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:

I doubt you can.
You missed this bit. You need to uphold your comments again, but you can't can you?
Mate what are you on about now? oh are you trying to side step the topic again. The majority of people who posted on this topic disagreed with you, they believed the word "Afghan" was added to stir up racists, so you turned it into a Jade thread. Now your argument about her not being a redneck has hit the floor so you move it over to something new.
And you call ME argumentative .... I'm trying my best to end the MOST boring retarded thread on tibb by repeatedly saying "endof" but no YOU won't to keep it running.... fine
... do really believe anyone is stupid enough to actually sit through and read all this bs.

now repeat after me
"I, MrloverMeDo, will do all I can to defend the right of people to be thick, vile, stupid, hateful and bigoted.....anyone who disagrees will be accused of political correctness and I will continue to copy/paste idiot articles from such worthy news sources as the daily mail, daily star, sun and the little fuher monthly..... but I, Mrlover, am not racist! .... my next posts will include such eye catching headings as... 'gypsys..do we need'em?'...'what's your bestest bestest band?' ...'did the holocaust REALLY happen?'...'NEW IPOD OUT IN 2 MONTHS!!'."
hehe your thread topics seem to seesaw from tweeny to redneck
Old 13-10-2008, 11:50 PM #70

Quote:

This is the one I think you were trying to post (bar the grunts). Is that correct?
LMFAOOO!!!
That video is hilarious.
Old 14-10-2008, 10:37 AM #71

Quote:
OMG!!
yes dude!!! .. the news of the world interview. How about I get some sock puppets out and explain it to you hehe.

"Jade Goody admits CBB Shilpa Shetty attack was racist"
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=l_uXkavcw1I

Again she says she did not intend any racist comments, but can see how they could have been interpreted as being racist and ends that interview by saying she is not racist.
Old 14-10-2008, 10:40 AM #72

Quote:

Mate what are you on about now? oh are you trying to side step the topic again. The majority of people who posted on this topic disagreed with you, they believed the word "Afghan" was added to stir up racists, so you turned it into a Jade thread. Now your argument about her not being a redneck has hit the floor so you move it over to something new.
And you call ME argumentative .... I'm trying my best to end the MOST boring retarded thread on tibb by repeatedly saying "endof" but no YOU won't to keep it running.... fine
... do really believe anyone is stupid enough to actually sit through and read all this bs.

now repeat after me
"I, MrloverMeDo, will do all I can to defend the right of people to be thick, vile, stupid, hateful and bigoted.....anyone who disagrees will be accused of political correctness and I will continue to copy/paste idiot articles from such worthy news sources as the daily mail, daily star, sun and the little fuher monthly..... but I, Mrlover, am not racist! .... my next posts will include such eye catching headings as... 'gypsys..do we need'em?'...'what's your bestest bestest band?' ...'did the holocaust REALLY happen?'...'NEW IPOD OUT IN 2 MONTHS!!'."
hehe your thread topics seem to seesaw from tweeny to redneck
Lol @ me side stepping the conversation. You made those comments in the first place. It is all there in black and white. You choose not to answer them because you cannot. Back up your comments or keep your petty insults to yourself.
Old 14-10-2008, 10:50 AM #73
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Can we stop with the personal insults please? Debate is allowed but not when it gets personal
Old 15-10-2008, 01:08 AM #74

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Can we stop with the personal insults please? Debate is allowed but not when it gets personal

These aren't personal insults Lauren ...I'm just pointing to the interesting range of thread topics he decides to start. Any inferred "personal" attack has nothing to do with me.

...but come on Lauren..."little fuher monthly"!!?? ..you honestly didn't laugh at that at all?..... tweeny/redneck seesaw?... nothing huh? You seriously didn't spill even a single baked bean on your keyboard as you ate them from your favourite coffee mug? ... not one laugh ... hmmm. oh well.

oh!...wait!!!... I know a way to end this thread that doesn't include you locking it.

yes Mrlover you win!!! Jade IS NOT RACIST! Nor is she as thick as pig sh*t... also the word "Afghan" was NOT added to this news story to spice it up for the rednecks. Your right Mrlover and all who disagreed with you in this thread are wrong.

ta daaaa!

Old 15-10-2008, 08:33 AM #75

Quote:

I'm just pointing to the interesting range of thread topics he decides to start.
No you weren't because the threads that you quoted me as starting was in fact a false statement, just like some of your other so called facts. I asked you to back up your comments but you can't. I don't see anyone laughing btw.

Quote:

all who disagreed with you in this thread are wrong.
Actually it wasn't just me who suggested you get back on topic initially before you started going on with yourself.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
000, afghan, assorted, benefits, family, mother, receive, year, £170