Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:34 PM #1
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Default TiBB Album Reviews Topic (post your Album reviews here)

The same as the movie reviews thread but with albums.

So just post what you think about the latest album you listened to, ect.

(I'll be listening to the two Circus albums later so I'll post what I think of them in here.)
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:42 PM #2
Banned

Banned

Oooh I was thinking about starting up this topic a few hours ago! I'll be posting a few reviews tomorow I think.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:43 PM #3
Elite Member

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones
Strictly 2009: Ali & Brian

Elite Member

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones
Strictly 2009: Ali & Brian

Alesha Dixon
Album: The Alesha Show

Overall, a good album. Typical Alesha and a great album to be breaking back into the music industry.

Best song: Ooh Baby I Like It Like That
Worst song: Play Me

7/10

Britney Spears
Album: Circus

Better than Blackout imo. A very strong album, which has some really catchy songs. Definate hits on there.

Best song: Shattered Glass
Worst song: Mannequin

9/10

Beyonce
Album: I Am... Sasha Fierce

An outstanding album. We see both sides of Beyonce and there are some major hit ballads and up-tempo songs on there.

Best song: Halo/Single Ladies
Worst song: Satellites/Diva

9/10

Take That
Album: The Circus

Not as good as Beautiful World. Still has some really brilliant classic TT songs. Sure to be a major success.

Best song: How Did It Come to This
Worst song: Hello

7.5/10
Ross is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:44 PM #4
Team Flack

Team Flack

I'll do TT's tomorrow. It will be completely bias and full of words like 'amazing,incredible,woooowww' etc. though.
Princess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:24 AM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):

got to admit am still a big fan of these

Fall out boy
Album:Folie ŕ deux
out december 15th

Track List

1. Lullabye/Disloyal Order Of Water Buffaloes
2. I Don't Care
3. She's My Winona
4. America's Suitehearts
5. Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet
6. The (Shipped) Gold Standard
7. (Coffee's For Closers)
8. What A Catch, Donnie
9. 27
10. Tiffany Blews
11. w.a.m.s.
12. 20 Dollar Nose Bleed
13. West Coast Smoker
14. Beat It - Fall Out Boy, John Mayer

I am Suprised How Good This Album Is Infinity on high was disapointing This how ever is not there aint many songs you can call bad on this album this Album is without a doubt there best yet no wonders it's #2 on Hot pre ordered albums on amazon the song i can see doing the best is tiffany blews

9.5/10

Best song's - America's Suitehearts and What A Catch, Donnie

worst song - i Don't Care
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:50 AM #6
ylvis♥

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

ylvis♥

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

A band you won't know.. xD

Stuck Mojo
; The Great Revival.

9/10 -- Amazing album. Very diverse and something that everyone will like. Very different from their previous style of music but I love it. Rich Ward's solo's are amazing, such an under-rated musician. He's better than most of the crap in the charts today. Am loving this album, have listened to it over and over since Friday. Only thing stopping it getting a perfect 10 is that I think there should be a couple more songs on it, with 9 songs and 3 non-songs [that make sense? haha] i think maybe 2 more songs would have improved it.

Best song; Friends, Superstar Part 2, Country Road.
Sarah. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:30 AM #7
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Take That - The Circus

The Garden- 10/10
Greatest Day- 9/10
Hello- 5/10
Said it All- 7/10
Julie- 10/10
The Circus- 8/10
How Did it Come to This- 8.5/10
Up All Night- 9/10
What is Love- 6/10
You- 8/10
Hold up a Light- 10/10
Here- 7/10
She Said- 9/10

Overall- 8.19/10

Julie is my favourite song from the album, The Garden and Hold up a Light are also great songs. The only one I didn't like was Hello, it wasn't a bad song but it just wasn't very good either. Anyway, it's one of the best albums I've heard this year.

Britney Spears - Circus

Womanizer- 3/10
Circus- 6/10
Out from Under- 8.5/10
Kill the Lights- 2/10
Shattered Glass- 5/10
If U Seek Amy- 2/10
Unusual You- 3/10
Blur- 2/10
Mmm Papi- 1/10
Mannequin- 5/10
Lace & Leather- 6/10
My Baby- 8.5/10

Overall- 4.33/10

I think there are only two good songs on the album, Out From Under and My Baby, most of the others are awful. Mmm Papi is one of the worst songs I've ever heard. Anyway, I wasn't expecting to like any of the songs so I suppose it surprised me a little, but out of the 12 I'd only listen to two of them again.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:33 AM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Same Difference
pop
out- december 1st

track listing
1. We R One 9/10
2. Let Me Be The One 7/10
3. Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now 8/10
4. I Need A House 6/10
5. Breaking Free 8/10
6. If You Can't Dance 7/10
7. Right Between Eyes 6/10
8. All The Roads Lead To Heaven 4/10
9. Better Love Me 7/10
10. Starts To Beat Again 9/10
11. Turn It Into Love 5/10
12. Still Amazed 7/10

overall - 7/10

couple of decent song's there a couple of bad one's as well
a decent album overall people who like HSM will love this some songs on the album sound the same but overall a good solid first album for SD
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:59 AM #9
retro physical

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

retro physical

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

I've been considering starting a review blog, haha. I listened to each track 3 times, and tried to be as fair and honest as I could be.

Britney Spears - Circus

Womanizer - 5/10.
Catchy lead single from the star's sixth studio album. Not a bad track, however the 'woma-woma-nizer, womanizer' bridge becomes extremely annoying, as does the rather repetitive chorus, although the spoken part redeems it. I also dislike how it drops really slow for the third verse, I much prefer the live remix. Good tune to dance to though, what it lacks in lyrical content it makes up for in beats.

Circus - 9/10.
Beat-based second single from the album, actually a really good song. I like how the beginning is entirely beat accompanied, and it breaks down into the more upbeat chorus. The lyrics are great, comparing her shows to a circus, and I really love how the tempo changes in different parts.

Out From Under - 6.5/10.
The first of two ballads, it begins rather boring, although the song does pick up after the first chorus. Her vocals are fairly strong in this song, showing off quite a wide range. Decent, strong ballad, a little bit boring and samey for me, nothing really hooks me in, and I generally like a good ballad.

Kill The Lights - 8.5/10.
Reminds me a lot lyrically of Piece Of Me and Toy Solider. I adore the bridge and chorus, though the verses aren't bad. Catchy without being annoyingly repetitive shows that Britney doesn't need the irritating one word hooks. Lyrically great and the breakdown in thrd verse really works.

Shattered Glass - 9/10.
A great upbeat song that allows Britney to show off her vocals. This is one of my favourites on the album. I love how it starts off fairly upbeat and completely changes for the chorus. The only negative for me is the repeated 'glay-ass' but that doesn't take away from the song itself.

If U Seek Amy - 10/10.
Possibly Britney's best song ever, this is by far my new favourite, overtaking 'Gimme More'. Incredible lyrics with the secret message in the title words, easy to dance and sing along to, and a great beat. Amazing song.

Unusual You - 7/10.
Most reviews I've read seem to rate this the lowest but I think it's a decent, mid-tempo song. However, reminds me too much of 'Heaven On Earth' which was my second fave song on Blackout, but still a good song.

Blur - 4/10.
Good lyrics, good vocals in the verses and chorus, just not a very good song. I presume it's about a one night stand, and I find it very forgettable. Despite this, I would love to see her sing it live. I can imagine the set being stripped down to just her, and the microphone, and I think it'd do her some good.

Mmm Papi - 1/10.
Ew. Just absolutely awful. Terrible lyrics, the beat sounds almost comical, and everything about it is awful. The worst song on the album by far. Compared to some of the other songs on the album, and especially the standard of some of the bonus tracks, it's questionable why this made it to the album.

Mannequin - 6/10.
Fantastic beat, and a great chorus. However, the song itself could be a lot better. The beat is fairly unique to the album, and she could have done much better with it. I find it quite boring up until the 'baby, baby, i don't care' part.

Lace And Leather - 7.5/10.
I really like this song. The lyrics are really well written, and Britney's vocals sound brilliant. The verses sound similar to 'Easy' by Sugababes, and it's just as good a song, if not better. On the other hand, it sorta blends in with a few other songs though, and doesn't stand out strong enough to be a single. A bit of a filler track. I can see her putting on a great show with this track.

My Baby - 8/10.
Soft ballad that shows what Britney's capable of. The vocals are both the strongest, and the most beautiful I've heard from her yet, and it's not a bad song. Definitely the better of the ballads, one of her best ever, along with 'Everytime'.

Radar - 1/10.
I hate that they put this on here. It should've had some sort of 'Circus' makeover, or at least a remix. I actually didn't bother putting it on my ipod.

Rock Me In - 6/10.
I don't really get into this song until the first chorus. Showing a more electro-pop side to her, this song is reminiscent of Annie/Robyn. The lyrics are a bit generic, the vocals are decent and it's a good song, but little more than that.

Phonography - 8.5/10.
Sorta like Kylie's 'Speakerphone', I find this song quite a sexy one actually. The beat is amazing, and totally fits with the lyrics. I could see a real good dance routine to this, and should've been an actual album track rather than a bonus, perhaps in the place of Radar.

Trouble - 3/10.
I don't really like this track. It sounds like most generic dance tracks to me. Nothing really stands out for me, not that it's a bad song, no, it's an alright effort, just not for me. A bit bland and lacks anything strong.

Amnesia - 9.5/10.
Why wasn't this an album track? This should definitely be in place of 'Mmm Papi'. By far the second best song from this era. It's catchy, easy to sing along with, and the lyrical content is brilliant. Fantastic instrumental, I think this would have an awesome music video.

Quicksand - 6.5/10.
Like a few others on this album, I'm not keen on the beginning, and don't really get into it until the chorus. Some of the best lyrics on the album, the beat's nothing special, it's fairly mid-tempo and it's not as good as other songs on the album.

Rock Boy - 7.5/10.
One of the rare times we get to hear real instruments from Britney, it makes this track really stand out. Rock influenced dance track, not an amazing song, but definitely not a bad one. A musical direction I'd like to see Britney experiment with in the future.

Overall;; - 7/10.

Best Song;; If U Seek Amy.
Worst Song;; Mmm Papi.

A really good effort from Britney Spears. I much prefer it musically to Blackout despite there being more forgettable tracks I'm not keen on, it should set the star up for a fantastic comeback providing she releases the right songs, gives great performances and continues to promote it.
xDramatick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:07 AM #10
Team Flack

Team Flack

Take That-The Circus

The Garden-11/10
Epic. I love that they all share vocals,was a real suprise,although a lovely one. Amazingggg,one of favourites

Greatest Day-10/10
Number 1,woooooo!!!!! I've overplayed this song but still adore it. Such a happy song.

Hello-9/10
Loved this but not as much as the other songs on the album,I hate being mean about TT songs! But it's a little too happy maybe I do love when Markie goes 'Oh hello' though and 'It's a lovely day,it's a lovely day',I love that bit!

Said It All-11/10
It's so poignant(hopes is right),it's made me cry so many times. Loved Mark's verse-great lyrics

Julie-10/10
Shalalalalala,lovessssss it. Happy but carries it better than Hello. Really catchy.

The Circus-9/10
This song is amazing but it reminds me of I'd Wait For Life which I always thought was just a little boring. Not enough bv's from the guys. Gorgeous ballad though

How Did It Come To This-11/10
Jason Orange It's such a good song! Really good lyrics,although impossible to sing along to

Up All Night-10/10
Love this song-reminds of so much of Mark's solo stuff. Love the marrying middle-8 bit. Rumoured to be the next single

What is Love-9/10
Good song,suits How really well,just not one of my favourites.

You-10/10
Wooooo I caught up with my CD! Love this song,although it sounds like I've heard it before,dunno why. I say the lyrics make every Barlow fan swooon.

Hold Up A Light-12/10
My favourite!!!! At the start when it goes up,I nearly had a heart attack,lol!It's a song about the tours and so fitting,I can see it all in my head as it's happening. Can't wait to see it live

Here-10/10
Much prefer it to 'What Is Love',it's very soft and then a rock instumental!Very un-TT! But love it of course

She Said-10/10
Lovveeeeeee the giggles Cheeky song,pulls if off brilliantly

Overall-A gazillion of out 10

I am being beyond bias but I think it's sooooooooo fantastic,and much better than Beautiful World. Had it on replay since Friday and cannot turn it off and when I do,the songs just won't get out of my head. I would recommened it to anyone. It will be incredible live-so glad I got so many dates.

Favourite-Hold Up A Light
Least favourite-The Circus/What Is Love
Princess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:09 PM #11
Banned

Banned

BRITNEY SPEARS - CIRCUS

I don't think it's as good as Blackout, The first half is very good (Standout songs are Shattered Glass, Out from under, Circus and Womanizer) the second part of the album suffers from being too same-y.

7/10

THE KILLERS - Day and Age
A very eclectic album, There's a lot of Bowie-esqueness in this album in which I love. I love the varied styles and the experimental instruments (Caribean Drums in a rock song? Amazing!). I didn't like this album at first but now I love it. The Standout songs are Human, A Dustland Fairytale, I Can't Stay, Spaceman and Neon Tiger.

9/10
Old 02-12-2008, 10:09 PM #12
Banned

Banned

BRITNEY SPEARS - CIRCUS

I don't think it's as good as Blackout, The first half is very good (Standout songs are Shattered Glass, Out from under, Circus and Womanizer) the second part of the album suffers from being too same-y.

7/10

THE KILLERS - Day and Age
A very eclectic album, There's a lot of Bowie-esqueness in this album in which I love. I love the varied styles and the experimental instruments (Caribean Drums in a rock song? Amazing!). I didn't like this album at first but now I love it. The Standout songs are Human, A Dustland Fairytale, I Can't Stay, Spaceman and Neon Tiger.

9/10
Old 02-12-2008, 10:18 PM #13
M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Helen Flanagan
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Helen Flanagan
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

McFly - Radio:Active -

1. One For The Radio
2. Everybody Knows
3. Do Ya
4. Falling In Love
5. POV
6. Corrupted
7. Smile
8. Going Through The Motions
9. The Last Song

Overall, I LOVE this album, but I don't think I would ever say I don't like something of McFly's .. xD I got the album that came free in the paper.. and have yet to buy the one with 3 extra tracks + DVD

Best song - PoV
Worst (But still great!) - Going through the motions

10/10
Nicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:01 PM #14
ELECTRA HEART

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
The Voice 2012: Vince Kidd
ELECTRA HEART

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
The Voice 2012: Vince Kidd

Black kids-Partie traumatic

Hit the heartbreaks-Very good Eight/Ten
Partie traumatic-A standout track Nine/Ten
Listen to your body tonight-Dance indie meets sexual frustration (=Ten/Ten
Huricane Jane-Seriously Amazing Ten/Ten
Im making eyes at you-Average.-Six/Ten
Ive underestimated my charm again-Good Seven/Ten
Im not gonna teac youre boyfriend how to dance-WOW Ten/Ten
Love me already-Pretty darn good Eight/Ten
I wanna be your limosine- Love it Nine/Ten
Look at me(When i rock wichoo) Awesome Best on the album Ten/Ten

This album is an incredible indie dance album which should be bought

I recommend to all music tastes

Eight.Seven/Ten

Damaris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:11 PM #15
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mambosambo12
Black kids-Partie traumatic

Hit the heartbreaks-Very good Eight/Ten
Partie traumatic-A standout track Nine/Ten
Listen to your body tonight-Dance indie meets sexual frustration (=Ten/Ten
Huricane Jane-Seriously Amazing Ten/Ten
Im making eyes at you-Average.-Six/Ten
Ive underestimated my charm again-Good Seven/Ten
Im not going to teac youre boyfriend how to dance-WOW Ten/Ten
Love me already-Pretty darn good Eight/Ten
I want to be your limosine- Love it Nine/Ten
Look at me(When i rock wichoo) Awesome Best on the album Ten/Ten

This album is an incredible indie dance album which should be bought

I recommend to all music tastes

Eight.Seven/Ten

I love that album!

I request a sticky for this thread if it can be done please? Thanks in advance if it can be done!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:46 PM #16
I'm back! :-)

Girls Aloud - Out Of Control

01. The Promise - The song we all know and love, sophisticated, catchy and sublime. Exactly why it's a #1! [10/10]

02. The Loving Kind - WOAH what a bloody fierce video, incredible and the most moving song on the album. Wow. [10/10]

03. Rolling Back The Rivers In Time - Despite being the longest Girls Aloud title for a song, ever it's not their best. A wintery sounding tune with a strong chorus, love it. [8.5/10]

04. Love Is The Key - Incredibly catchy, I sing it all the time. Another ace album track from the girls, could be a possible single me thinks. [10/10]

05. Turn To Stone - A repeatative dance number with Cheryl giving sexy lead vocals. She does the job to its best. One of my faves on the album. [10/10]

06. Untouchable - Over 6 mins long but not a bad thing. It's epic. Could easily be a single. I love the end bit, Nadine singing.. "like beautiful robots dancing alone". [9.5/10]

07. Fix Me Up - Back a step now, a funky lil number but should be on album #3 'Chemistry'. Still a good one but not as strong as the others. [7.5/10]

08. Love Is Pain - Ooolala. Nicola is the best on this one. This one is being performed on their ITV xmas special show. [8.5/10]

09. Miss You Bow Wow - Wow it is. ****ing brilliant song I cannot stop playing. Typical Girls Aloud - cheeky, quirky, catchy and fun. Amazing!! [10/10]

10. Revolution In The Head - Something a bit different from the girls and it works. Nadine's rapping is brilliant, haha. I wouldn't make it a single, works too well as a strong album track. [9/10]

11. Live In The Country - Zomg. Yet another favourite of mine. The lyrics is hilarious and I love the beats to it. Love Nicola's part "and when my dumb city friends slum it back in their bedsits". [10/10]

12. We Wanna Party - Good way to end the album on another upbeat track. Nothing short of love for this one. [9/10]

Overall
10/10
For people who have ears - this is for you. This album is just amazing and I am still playing it to death 1.5 months later and hundreds of listens. Can't wait to see it on tour.
GhettoSuperstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:14 PM #17
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

R. Kelly - 12 Play: Fourth Quarter

Wanna Make a Baby - 8/10
Hair Braider - 10/10
Skin - 10/10
Screamer - 10/10
At the Same Time - 8/10
Whole Lotta Kisses - 8.5/10
Might Be Mine - 9/10
Son of a Bitch - 10/10
Go Low - 10/10
Freaky Sensation - 10/10
Two Seater - 7/10
Playa's Get Lonely - 10/10
Relief - 9.5/10

Overall: 9.23/10

Best Song: Playa's Get Lonely

Worst Song: Two Seater
Old 14-12-2008, 07:36 PM #18
BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Girls Aloud - Out Of Control

01. The Promise - Catchy track one of the album's best, only one other track truly measures up to it, second single The Loving Kind. Though a little tiresome due to excess airplay, an energetic thumping track. [10/10]

02. The Loving Kind - It's Call The Shots 2.0, a predictable choice for second single, great track though, hot video too. Good for chilling. [9.5/10]

03. Rolling Back The Rivers In Time - The first of a recurring theme on this album. Very bland, lacking that punch. Kind of winter-esque. Nicola proves to be the best on this one one [5.5/10]

04. Love Is The Key - Going Promise-y again with old school beats. A bit of a grower, but again nothing more than a decent filler. [6/10]

05. Turn To Stone - Going back to the future with this one, nice of them to keep it different. It's a midtempo, bouncy track, with nice vocals from Nadine&&Cheryl and a strong chorus. Bit repetitive though.[7/10]

06. Untouchable - A track very similar the rest, there seems to be no point to it, a filler with out doubt. Nicola eyt again sings wells on it though, nice to hear her take more of a lead this album. [4/10]

07. Fix Me Up - Love this, one of my personal faves, great synthy vocals all round, that are accompanied by strong old school beats. Sexy track. [7.5/10]

08. Love Is Pain - Perhaps third single? Another catchy sing-along tune, great bridge, but like many others seems a bit lack luster. One of the better ones though.[8.5/10]

09. Miss You Bow Wow - Girls Aloud token silly song, again it's missing something, not the best vocals but a different direction for them and a daring move to take, which for the most part they pull off. [6.5/10]

10. Revolution In The Head - Yet another totally different direction for them, going back to The Promise side of things. A nice track, not a single, but one of the strongest on here. [8/10]

11. Live In The Country - Old school Girls, reminiscent of their What Will The Neighbors Say? days. Crap chorus, bland lyrics, none of them particularly shine through on this one. [4.5/10]

12. We want to Party - Perfect way to close it, I imagine they might end the concert with this. Edgy, classy sexy track with a rocking chorus. One of my personal faves. [9/10]

Overall
5/10
An album of mid-tempo fillers, easy listening, very samey, a step down for the girls from Tangled Up. They took a risk and only half pulled it off. Nothing on here is amazing bar the first two singles.
MrGaryy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 01:23 AM #19
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Stereophonics - Decade in the Sun (Definitive Collection)

Disk 1

Dakota- 10/10
The Bartender and the Thief- 10/10
Just Looking- 10/10
Have a Nice Day- 10/10
Local Boy in the Photograph- 9/10
Maybe Tomorrow- 9.5/10
Superman- 8/10
Pick a Part That's New- 10/10
My Own Worst Enemy- 10/10
I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio- 9/10
You're My Star- 10/10
Mr Writer- 10/10
Step on my Old Size Nines- 10/10
Devil- 8.5/10
It Means Nothing- 10/10
A 1000 Trees- 10/10
Vegas Two Times- 7.5/10
Traffic- 10/10
More Life in a Tramps Vest- 8/10
Handbags and the Gladrags- 10/10

Disk 2

Madame Helga- 7/10
Bank Holiday Monday- 8/10
Rewind- 10/10
My Friends- 9/10
Climbing the Wall- 9.5/10
Mama Told Me Not to Come- 3/10
Since I Told You It's Over- 10/10
MovieStar- 10/10
Not up to You- 10/10
Getaway- 8/10
I Stopped to Fill my Car Up- 10/10
Carrot Cake and Wine- 9/10
Billy Davey's Daughter- 9.5/10
Raymond's Shop- 10/10
Stone- 10/10
I'm Alright- 9.5/10
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, ft. Jools Holland- 10/10
Same Size Feet- 9.5/10
She Takes Her Clothes Off- 10/10
Hurry Up and Wait- 10/10

By far the greatest album I have ever listened to! I'd forgotten about some of their earlier hits so it was good to hear them again. But yeah, definitely the best album I've ever listened to. 67485/10
Old 31-12-2008, 01:25 AM #20
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Pussycat Dolls - Doll Domination

01. When I Grow Up - Great track, perfect song to launch their return. It delivers the same catchy riff as Don't Cha, but comes across more sophiscated. [9/10]

02. Bottle Pop - The first filler of the album. A below average track featuring Snoop Dogg, it lacks that punch. Nothing to make me give it a second listen. The lryics leave much to be desired, a poor choice for fourth single. [4/10]

03. Watcha Think About That - Although this song flopped as second single in the states, it's one of my standouts from the album. A cool, relaxed midtempo, with a rap from Missy Elliot towards the end. [8/10]

04. I Hate This Part - Easily one of the best tracks of 2008, one of my personal faves off the record. Nicole delivers perfect vocals throughout, although I would've preferred to have heard from the other girls too. A perfect "token ballad" for the group. [9/10]

05. Takin' Over The World - Yet another lack lusture filler. It completely lack an substance. Also lets us know, that this isn't the Pussycat Dolls, it's Nicole and her back dancers.[7/10]

06. Out Of This Club - Nothing more than a crappy rip off of Usher's Love In This Club. R.Kelly also makes a poor contribution. The whole thing stenches of an R.Kelly filler, which makes sense considering he produced the track. [3/10]

07. Who's Gonna Love You - The group manage to some what redeem themselves with this track. A decent beat, accompanied by Nicole's breathy vocals, the two work well together. A good chorus. [6/10]

08. Happily Never After - This Ne-Yo produced track can only be described as a well above average ballad. The chorus is perfection, it's cookie cutting pleasure. [7/10]

09. Magic - The most solid track on the record since IHTP. It has a dark urban feel to it. There's something captivating about it. [7/10]

10. Halo - Things are looking up for Doll Domination now, as the girls deliver another mid-tempo wonder. It's spooky beat and chilling vocals make it one of the best from the whole record. [8.5/10]

11. In Person - Kind of a 50's feel to this next song. Upbeat and fierce, reminds me a little of Alesha Dixon's The Boy Does Nothing. Although the chorus and lyrics aren't on bar with the rest, it's a decent, solid track none the less. [7.5/10]

12. Elevator - Melody Thornton delivers the first solo from anything the other girls on the whole album. A little bland, but the bridge is catchy and overall, an above average song from the Dolls. [8/10]

13. Hush Hush - Another favourite of mine. The killer lyrics and addictive beat create a fusion of perfection. Has a sort of Timbaland feel to it. Nicole's vocals fit perfectly. - [9/10]

14. Love The Way You Love Me - The girls slip up a little on this one. It comes out a little untidy, constantly change beat and genre's. The vocals are poor all round and the chorus is tripe. [4/10]

15. Whatchamacallit - They girls go back to their roots with this fun, silly but sexy track. They bring it up a notch though, making it more grown up sounding. [7/10]

16. I'm Done - The album "closes" on this nice little piano ballad, with you guessed it - Nicole taking lead vocals! A good track though, different anything they've done before. [6/10]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

17.Lights, Camera, Action - The first of two bonus tracks is this upbeat track featuring reformed boyband, New Kids On The Block. The New Kids, make a decent contribution to the song. The chorus is very catchy and the song overall works well as a bonus track. [9/10]

18.Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps - This is a cover of a song originally written in Spanish and has been covered numerous times. It's a decent bonus track with a sexy, Latina kick, but nothing spectacular.

Overall
6.5/10
Although not as consistent as the Dolls' debut album PCD, it's a decent attempt from the girls. Marks taken away due it being so Nicole dominated. They have shown they are developing as an artist with the inclusion of more ballads. It's nothing spectacular, but a decent attempt.
MrGaryy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 01:28 AM #21

Katy Perry - One of the boys

RUBBISH!!! DO NOT GET IT!!!

Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 04:06 PM #22

Quote:
Originally posted by Fom
Katy Perry - One of the boys

RUBBISH!!! DO NOT GET IT!!!

Honestly, it needs to click with you. I didn't get into it at first but it then grabs you and ****s you up.
GhettoSuperstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 04:36 PM #23

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Britney- Circus

I think the album is really good and is on par with Blackout, I cant decide which one is my favourite.

1. Womaniser- Catchy and is for everyone I think, but the word "Womaniser" must be said a zillion times. Great lead single. 7/10

2. Circus- Fantastic 2nd choice single, its really good, and its something to all enjoy, the music video is fantastic, and I loved the part where Britney and her dancers "break it down" 8.5/10

3. Out From Under- Not special at all, dare I say, I find it a bit boring, there doesnt seem to be much to get excited about it. Yes,. britney's vocal are beautiful in the song, but it doesnt do anything for me. 4/10

4. Kill The Lights- Now thats what I call a tune!! The beats are incredible, and its just the greatest song to dance too, one of those songs that you can listen in a car full blast with the window open and not feel embarassed. Fantastic. 10/10

5. Shattered Glass- It has a great start and lyrics are good, and is seen as a fan fave, even though I like it, i think its a bit too overrated. 7.5/10

6. If You Seek Amy- Very strong song, and is loved by almost everyone, its incredibly catchy and very clever... its a sort of Katy Perry'ish song and is very addictive. And people who dont get it, might wonder "Who's Amy?" well if you listen to it carefully you will get it . 8.5/10

7. Unusual You- Wow!!! By Far the best ballad on the album, and the 2nd best ballad that Britney has done, first being Everytime. Its soo beautiul and emotional and the lyrics are incredible.This is coming from someone whi dislikes ballads. 10/10

8. Blur- Its just there to make the numbers in my opinion, nothing major going on, yess it is sweet, but its not that great. Well i have grown to like it a tiny bit more than first but its still one of the weakest in the album along with Out From Under and My Baby. 4.5/10

9. Mmm Papi- Mmmm indeed. Its tasty!! When I first heard this I hated it, but i did not prepare to grow on the song this much, i love the whole rhthym of the song, The whole song reminds me of something P!nk would do. People may call it a immature song, but who cares?? Its fun, bubbly and enjoyable. 9/10

10. Mannequinn- One word.... Incredible!! I have no other words. Its such a powerful song if you look at the lyrics and the beats are ON FIRE, its soo catchy and its truely one of her best songs ever. 10/10

11. Lace and Leather- Funky and Jarimiquai style, it has a nice disco sound to it. 7.5/10

12. My Baby- Ohh dear.... im sorry Britney, but its not a great song, I have to admit. Its a bit boring, kind of makes me want to be depressed for all eternity, I skip this song all the time now.

Bonus Tracks:

Radar- Its a good song, but it really didnt have to be on here, a bit pointless. 6.5/10

14. Rock Me In- Very good song, it has a strong rock feel to it, just like "I Love Rock n' Roll". 8/10

15. Phonograpghy- Amazing beats.... yess teh lyrics are a bit weird but its a HOT song. 9/10

16. Trouble- LOVE IT!! It should have been on the actual album, it would have massive potnetial... the beats are sick!! 9.5/10

Not much of an opinion of Amnesia, Quicksand and Rock Boy, there all a 6/10 for me, they are average.

Overall- 8.5/10.... The album is sooo good!!!!
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 04:52 PM #24
more more more

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
BB15: Ashleigh

more more more

Favourites (more):

Girls Aloud - Out of Control

1). The Promise - a catchy, fun track which will be stuck in your head for days. [7/10]

2). The Loving Kind - A great pop-dance track with that element of Tangled Up's "Call The Shots". The slowness of the track really drags you into the story. [8/10]

3). Rolling Back the Rivers in Time - A track which can be boring, it gets old towards the end. [4/10]

4). Love is the Key - Nothing special, a filler. [2/10]

5). Turn to Stone - A track which is very forgetable, it's not something that stays in your mind.[2/10]

6). Untouchable - a song which tries to hard to be a big epic ballad as it drags on for about ten minutes. [3/10]

7). Fix Me Up - A great, catchy track which is a mix of bubblegum pop, electronica & hip-hop. [9/10]

8). Love is Pain - Another filler which will be forgotten. Very plain. [4/10]

9). Miss You Bow Wow - a song which is lyrically cheeky & quick but fails to have the "oommf" impact it should & tries to have. You should get up on your feet and dance to a song like this but it fails to get you excited. [6/10]

10). Revolution in the Head - A plain filler. [2/10]

11). Live in the Country - A song which is fun and will stick in your head but can be very annoying. [7/10]

12). We Wanna Party - A fast, up-beat track. Girls Aloud going back to their days at St. Trinians, perhaps? [7/10]

Conclusion -

Not Girls Aloud best work. In my ears, their worst album. On first listens to might think "Wow.. this is great" but then realise it's full to the top of boring fillers which won't keep you having a good time & being entertained. For an album called Out of Control it's pretty boring.

Recommended Tracks -

The Promise
The Loving Kind
Fix Me Up
Live in the Country

--

**/*****
2 out of five stars.
four of out ten.
M X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 05:26 PM #25
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

Katy Perry - One of the Boys

She's been called the American version of Lily Allen and has broken records with her controversial pop record "I Kissed A Girl" which has turned into one of the most successfull songs of 2008. But was the success just because of the controversy and is the album that good or did she use the shock-tactic? This is my opinion;

1). One of the Boys - the album's title track & a fun, rock-pop song with shouty-vocals by Perry. A great song! [9/10]

2). I Kissed A Girl - a song which has turned heads, pricked ears & widened mouths but it honestly is a great tune. [9/10]

3). Waking Up In Vegas - a brilliant pop-rock song by Perry with more shouty-vocals and fantastic, unusual lyrics! [9/10]

4). Thinking of You - the third single from the album and the first ballad. It's a nice ballad and puts you in a mellow mood. Not the best song, but good. [6.5/10]

5). Mannequin - a great, up-beat love song about a man who shows no emotions. [8/10]

6). Ur So Gay - was released before the album & is different to all of the other tracks. It has more of a folk influence and many have critizised the song by saying it is homophobic. To me, I don't see it as homophobic as if you listen to the lyrics she isn't saying he is gay & is talking about someone she goes out with. [4.1/10]

7). Hot N Cold - probably the best track on the album. A great pop-rock-electronica track which is one of the best songs of the year. You will be singing it for days! [9.7/10]

8). If You Can Afford Me - A good track but seems like a bit of a filler - not the best but still a good song. [5.7/10]

9). Lost - a nice song but a bit samey as a few songs out at the moment. [5.5/10]

10). Self Inflicted - A great track which tells the story of being hurt [8/10]

11). I'm Still Breathing - a bit of a filler but a good song & strong lyrics & vocals by Perry. [7/10]

12). Fingerprints - a great track which sticks in your mind [6.8/10]

Bonus tracks-

13). I Kissed A Girl (Rock Mix) - Fantastic! I can see it live on the stage & is a great mix! [9.8/10]

Conclusion -
A fantastic album full of up-beat dance pounding and fun tracks and a few ballads. The answer to if she used the shock-tactic is - Maybe she did to promote but the album is great, so not to boost the credibility of the record.

Recommended Tracks -
One of the Boys
I Kissed A Girl
Waking Up In Vegas
Mannequin
Hot N Cold
I'm Still Breathing
I Kissed A Girl (Rock Mix).

---
****/*****
4 out of five stars.
8 out of ten.