Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:58 AM #1
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Default Mob mutilate and kill paedo Andrew Cunningham

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2030363.ece

MURDERED pervert Andrew Cunningham was targeted by hate mobs who yelled “Die, paedo, die” at him.

And a police source said: “He was loathed by a large number of people so we have a lot of potential suspects.”

Cunningham, 52, died from multiple stab wounds to the head, neck and chest. And the source revealed: “Damage was caused to his genitals.”

The dead man worked as a trucker for the Riverside Haulage company in Wandsworth, South West London — and lived in a tatty caravan at the firm’s depot.

But his warped lust for children had made him enemies for YEARS.

He spent four months behind bars in 2001 for raping a schoolgirl under 13.

He was arrested again in 2003 but no charges were pressed.

Soon afterwards vigilantes set fire to his former home in a Wandsworth street after discovering he was brazenly grooming kids.

He fled and set up in the caravan. But drinkers at a pub recently accused him of fondling a barmaid’s two-year-old daughter.

And mobs drove past the depot shouting he was scum and a “nonce” who should die.

The police source said his murder was “almost certainly connected to new offences rather than those that took place in 2001”.

Cunningham was a father of five estranged from a former partner.

Police, who believe more than one person was involved in the killing, had to identify him using fingerprints because none of his relatives would go to the morgue.

The pervert’s body was found by his boss after he failed to start work on Wednesday morning.

The employer, who would not give his name, said there was no sign of forced entry at the caravan.

He added: “He had a stab wound in his neck and there was blood everywhere. The bed was soaked with it and his head was lying in it.”

A former neighbour from the Wandsworth street told how Cunningham regularly got a “hiding” from people who knew about his vile behaviour.

Joe Hart, 46, said: “He used to befriend young lads and invite them round, letting them do what they wanted in his home. He’d ask the boys to bring over young girls, then make passes at them.”

Police are studying CCTV film from around the murder scene. And they appealed for anyone who saw anything suspicious to come forward.

The first thing that struck me about this story was the fact that he received a 4-month sentence for raping a 13 yr old girl.

I also have to admit to thinking: "Good, one less beast on the planet".

I know mob-rule is not the answer, but surely the government have to sit up and take notice of the fact that it's the lenient sentences imposed on these kind of people which lead to this kind of incident.. It's hardly surprising that it got to this point, as the people in the community obviously felt he was a danger to the kids in the community, and probably felt that the police weren't going to do anything to protect the kids.

What are your thoughts on this story?
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:59 AM #2

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

He deserved it, i'm glad he died
Spike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:00 AM #3
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

I'm not going to deny I'm part of the mob mentality on this one, and have very hypocritical thoughts on this. Good. I'm very glad of the final outcome.

That's all I'm saying.

(Apart from my obvious dismay at 4 months for raping a 13 year old girl?!)
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:02 AM #4
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
I'm not going to deny I'm part of the mob mentality on this one, and have very hypocritical thoughts on this. Good. I'm very glad of the final outcome.

That's all I'm saying.

Yeh My political correctness falls down when it comes to paedos but I dont condone vigilante mobs. Once a paediatrician got battered mistakenly!
NettoSuperstar! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:03 AM #5
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Quote:
Originally posted by NettoSuperstar!
Quote:

That's all I'm saying.

Yeh My political correctness falls down when it comes to paedos but I dont condone vigilante mobs. Once a paediatrician got battered mistakenly!
By a dyslexic mob?

LoL.. sorry, couldn't resist.. hehe
Old 12-12-2008, 11:04 AM #6
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Freyja
Quote:
Quote:

That's all I'm saying.

By a dyslexic mob?

LoL.. sorry, couldn't resist.. hehe
yeh I know mad innit shoudnt laugh but...lol
Old 12-12-2008, 11:06 AM #7

Favourites:

Favourites:

Well i don`t agree with murder ,end of,reguardless of who it is.Imo this man did deserve to die but it doesn`t make it right that he was killed.However I`m not too worried about the fact that theres one less sicko living amongst us.
I agree with what you say about the government needing to take more notice of the fact that if this sicko was given a longer sentence instead of the laughable 4month stretch inside then maybe this would not have happened and the sufferring and abuse he`s caused other other children since the rape of the 13yr old girl may have been prevented.
4months for raping a 13 yr old girl is a absolute joke ,its a known fact that the majority of pedo`s go on to re-offend so why the hell let him out!They are a sick twisted bunch of people who once convicted should never be let out again
supernoodles! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:06 AM #8
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Also they and high risk sex offenders are people I would like to be removed from society permanently(In a prison I mean) or until deemed "cured" if thats possible by a Psych not just when their shitty joke of a sentence is up
Old 12-12-2008, 11:07 AM #9
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Quote:
Once a paediatrician got battered mistakenly!
Seriously though, I see what you mean, because if the wrong person is targeted by a hate-mob then what happens? They kill him and then say.. "oh, sorry old chap.. I'm afraid it was a case of mistaken identity.. no harm done"..

The police don't always get it right and they have all the evidence, so there's no chance of a vigilante mobe getting it right all the time.

However, I think the reason people aren't too bothered about this story is because we know for a fact that this man raped a child, and now he's dead. So it leaves decent, law-abiding citizens smiling and thinking: "Karma's a bitch isn't it?"

Quote:
Originally posted by supernoodles!
They are a sick twisted bunch of people who once convicted should never be let out again
That's the opinion of the majority of the public, yet our laws don't reflect it. Makes me wonder if things will ever change, because the way I view it, the UK is a great place for paedophiles to live, as they can basically commit the most heinous of crimes and yet be walking free a few months later.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:09 AM #10
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Seriously though, I see what you mean, because if the wrong person is targeted by a hate-mob then what happens? They kill him and then say.. "oh, sorry old chap.. I'm afraid it was a case of mistaken identity.. no harm done"..

The police don't always get it right and they have all the evidence, so there's no chance of a vigilante mobe getting it right all the time.

However, I think the reason people aren't too bothered about this story is because we know for a fact that this man raped a child, and now he's dead. So it leaves decent, law-abiding citizens smiling and thinking: "Karma's a bitch isn't it?"
yeh I think its happened to people with the same name as a paedo aswell I seem to remember reading.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:11 AM #11
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Yeah, it has.. same or similar name, and bang, yer guna get a kicking.

Do you think they can be "cured"? I have read a lot of professional opinions on it and most seem to think they can't be.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:14 AM #12

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Once a paediatrician got battered mistakenly!

Quote:
Originally posted by supernoodles!
They are a sick twisted bunch of people who once convicted should never be let out again
That's the opinion of the majority of the public, yet our laws don't reflect it. Makes me wonder if things will ever change, because the way I view it, the UK is a great place for paedophiles to live, as they can basically commit the most heinous of crimes and yet be walking free a few months later.

maybe thats why there are so many who continue to re offend and so many that abuse children and it just goes un noticed.Its just too easy for them in this country.4months in prison is nothing,its prison conditions that need to change aswell not just sentences,im tired of all the special treatment.They should be given a cell with a bed and toilet and thats it.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:17 AM #13
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Yeah, they have sky tv, multi-gym's, computer suites.. I mean, WTF? It's PRISON, not CAMP!

That poor girl will have to live with that for the rest of her life. At least her attacker won't get to hurt anyone else.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:17 AM #14
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:

Do you think they can be "cured"? I have read a lot of professional opinions on it and most seem to think they can't be.
Cannot be cured, but can be "manufactured" in a way that they can quash any dangerous thoughts (but the lust still exists).
Old 12-12-2008, 11:18 AM #15
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

What about castration Loz.. do you think that would work?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:21 AM #16
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
What about castration Loz.. would that work?
There are drugs that decrease libido until it's almost non-existent, so I imagine that would stop any danger (as in, actual abuse rather than just lust).

I personally don't see this as enough, because although it will decrease the chances of them actually abusing a child, I still don't like the idea of them watching children - because again I feel this invades a childs privacy and innocence.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:21 AM #17

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Yeah, they have sky tv, multi-gym's, computer suites.. I mean, WTF? It's PRISON, not CAMP!

That poor girl will have to live with that for the rest of her life. At least her attacker won't get to hurt anyone else.
exactly and whos paying for it all!?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:38 AM #18

It shouldn't have to get to "mob mentality" in my opinion. The laws should be there to protect the innocent and punish people like this. Maybe bringing back the death penalty might be a good idea for cases such as this rather than giving a 4 month sentence for raping a child. Maybe some of you may think this as a bit extreme but I do not believe in rehabilitation in cases such as this. Sadly the law is lacking in this case and has let down many people.

The people who killed him may have got rid of him so he cannot do this again, but I wonder how killing a person affects them mentally?

Although I am glad that the sick bastard is dead, the law should be dealing with this correctly and justly in the first place.
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:55 AM #19
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah, it has.. same or similar name, and bang, yer guna get a kicking.

Yeh its hard to interpret research because theres all different levels of offender but the consensus seems to be the highest risk offenders dont stop so they shouldnt be let back into the community imo
Old 12-12-2008, 11:58 AM #20
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:

Cannot be cured, but can be "manufactured" in a way that they can quash any dangerous thoughts (but the lust still exists).
dint see that, yeh theres evidence that drugs can stop them reoffending which I can live with
Old 12-12-2008, 12:04 PM #21
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I think the research says 80% of Abusers were abused themselves as children. (though most victims of abuse just grow up ****ed up and abuse themselves)
Old 12-12-2008, 01:13 PM #22

I honestly believe I'd have been a little more satisfied had this been a fatal beating for the judge who handed out a 4 month sentance to this man.

But not completely satisfied that someone has been killed by a mob, that can NEVER be right even if it is a monster who abuses children.

Why cant we just be allowed as a nation to hold a referendum on bringing back capital punishment for crimes the majority of Britain consider deserving of death, this would solve more than a few problems including prison over crowding.
Then stories like this need not play on anyones conscience as justice for all would have been seen to be done, cept of course bogus judges, in this case we would have been allowed to demand his sacking and charge for neglect of duty.
AngRemembered is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:19 PM #23

well it shouldnt have got to the point of mob attack cos he should have been banged up for life but i am also of the thinking that its one less pervert on the streets
pinkmichk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:33 PM #24
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Nah Im not down with capital punishment. Keep them away from society or make damn sure they arent going to reoffend. Its not for us to decide who lives or dies and there is always the chance of someone being wrongly convicted.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:52 PM #25
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Quote:
Nah Im not down with capital punishment. Keep them away from society or make damn sure they arent going to reoffend. Its not for us to decide who lives or dies and there is always the chance of someone being wrongly convicted.
Spot on Netto. I agree. I'd rather money was spent on locking away dangerous people like him than spent on all their fancy rehabilitation nonsense. I believe there are certain offenders who ought never to be free. So, why spend money on rehabilitation. Just keep them in a cell.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
andrew, cunningham, kill, mob, mutilate, paedo