Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 23-02-2009, 11:05 AM #1

Favourites:
BB11: Corin

Favourites:
Default Jade Goody mentiond on America\'s CBS News

They said "Coming up how a hated Reality TV star from Britan is now facing death"

On the Early Show on CBS.
Chri$ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 03:02 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Wow... its making ness over there!!!
Its on the news in Italy too and saying how there have been a 20% increase here for smear tests since Jade revealed her cancer.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 03:03 PM #3
Elite Member

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones
Strictly 2009: Ali & Brian

Elite Member

Favourites (more):

Jade is so brave I swear to God I don't know how she's doing it. I have so much respect for her.
Ross is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 03:06 PM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Chri$
They said "Coming up how a hated Reality TV star from Britan is now facing death"

UK viewers can watch CBS news
at 12:30AM
on Sky News.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 10:18 PM #5

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by arista
Quote:
Originally posted by Chri$

UK viewers can watch CBS news
at 12:30AM
on Sky News.
I don't think it will be on that because The Early Show is like GMTV like Celebrity Interveiws/News/Entertainment/Discussion but then CBS News is generally US News and any Major News.

They had a 2 minute showing everything and what happened with her.
Chri$ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 11:02 PM #6

YEY!!! Jade's cancer is making news in the US! SCORE!!!!!

Wildcat! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 11:47 PM #7

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Ross
Jade is so brave I swear to God I don't know how she's doing it. I have so much respect for her.
Just like everyone else who has cancer out there, even those who have no money and will get into huge amounts of debts just over the funeral.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 11:55 PM #8
BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Just like everyone else who has cancer out there, even those who have no money and will get into huge amounts of debts just over the funeral.
That doesn't lessen Jade's bravery.
MrGaryy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 12:00 AM #9
Elite Member

Favourites (more):

Elite Member

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
I'm talking about Jade, not other people. So if you would kindly shut up trying to start an arguement with me, I'd appreciate it.
Old 24-02-2009, 12:00 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Yes, she is brave but so are thousands of other people out there. OK I can see why it might make the news in the UK but is it really a global story? It shouldn't be.
Old 24-02-2009, 12:03 AM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
I'm talking about Jade, not other people. So if you would kindly shut up trying to start an arguement with me, I'd appreciate it.
How is saying Jade is coping just like every other cancer victim trying to start an argument with you?
Old 24-02-2009, 12:06 AM #12
Elite Member

Favourites (more):

Elite Member

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
How is saying Jade is coping just like every other cancer victim trying to start an argument with you?
Clearly you are, after our little whatever it was earlier... then you reply to my post, obviously criticizing it. Yes you're allowed your opinion, yes you can disagree. I'm not stupid so don't make me out to be. I wasn't talking about other people, this topic is about Jade so if you have nothing to say about Jade or her illness (not other peoples) then this thread isn't for you.
Old 24-02-2009, 12:07 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Fortunately I can keep MSN and TIBB seperate so no I won't be criticising posts like you do to me.

All I'm saying is it shouldn't be a news story in America.
Old 24-02-2009, 12:09 AM #14
Elite Member

Favourites (more):

Elite Member

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Fortunately I can keep MSN and TIBB seperate so no I won't be criticising posts like you do to me.

All I'm saying is it shouldn't be a news story in America.
Well, I can keep them seperate too but unfortunately for me you're still on here and if you're going to try and start an arguement with me on the sly (please save me the 'you're jumping to conclusions' rant) it was obvious you were trying to provoke me into an arguement.

You could have said that without bringing in 'other people' - like I said, this is about Jade.
Old 24-02-2009, 12:11 AM #15

Calm down a bit and make sure this doesn't turn into personal insults being thrown. - Rory
Rory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 12:12 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I clearly wasn't

But anyway as its about Jade as you keep saying ...

I do think shes brave and I do like her and feel sorry for her. Its very sad. I also support any selling to the media she does ...

BUT

I don't like how shes getting so much news coverage with the disguise that its to show of a 20% increase in smear tests. We get told that time and time again. I also wish her publicist wouldn't release pointless details of ordinary things that she does and perhaps save for the more significant events, that way it might have more of an impact. I mean some people like Wendy Richards are also ill but just get on with it. The coverage in the UK is imo OTT, and she is unknown in America, all she is remotely known for over there is the race row so I don't see why its made their news.
Old 24-02-2009, 12:16 AM #17
Elite Member

Favourites (more):

Elite Member

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I clearly wasn't

But anyway as its about Jade as you keep saying ...

I do think shes brave and I do like her and feel sorry for her. Its very sad. I also support any selling to the media she does ...

BUT

I don't like how shes getting so much news coverage with the disguise that its to show of a 20% increase in smear tests. We get told that time and time again. I also wish her publicist wouldn't release pointless details of ordinary things that she does and perhaps save for the more significant events, that way it might have more of an impact. I mean some people like Wendy Richards are also ill but just get on with it. The coverage in the UK is imo OTT, and she is unknown in America, all she is remotely known for over there is the race row so I don't see why its made their news.
That's the difference of the inviduals though. Jade wants to sell her wedding snaps for her kids, she's said that. She doesn't control wether it goes on American news or Italian news. She's doing the best for her kids and their future. Just because Wendy Richards chooses not to be all over the papers and news shows it doesn't mean people don't have the same respect for her, or think that she is brave.

I find your whole point stupid if I'm honest, you said;
"I also support any selling to the media she does"

Then you said;
"I don't like how shes getting so much news coverage with the disguise that its to show of a 20% increase in smear tests."

You have no point.
Old 24-02-2009, 04:31 AM #18
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

at the end of the day it made US news. So? News is news, it's a big UK news story, of course it's gonna become worldwide, and the fact she has managed to do what no campaign has ever done (as stated in the news coverage) she has increased the smear testing by 20%. Thats a good thing.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 12:14 PM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

That's the difference of the inviduals though. Jade wants to sell her wedding snaps for her kids, she's said that. She doesn't control wether it goes on American news or Italian news. She's doing the best for her kids and their future. Just because Wendy Richards chooses not to be all over the papers and news shows it doesn't mean people don't have the same respect for her, or think that she is brave.

Then you said;
"I don't like how shes getting so much news coverage with the disguise that its to show of a 20% increase in smear tests."

You have no point.
I do have a point.

I support the selling she does to the media, magazine deals, TV shows etc where she will get money. I don't support the news reporting as though she is worlds first and last ever cancer victim, portraying her as a saint when they hated her 2 years ago. For this, she is getting no money and her every move is being rammed down our throats and for what? Just to put things into perspective, on Sunday there were 2 seperate explosions and people died. On ITV News, Jade's wedding was the opening headline and had a good 3-4 minute feature, and those explosions were mentioned "in other news" where 4 or 5 stories are mentioned within a minute. Sky News also lead all day Sunday with the news of Jade, when there was a scrolly thing on the bottom of breaking news, that a man had been shot in London and a murder investigation was open which got a brief mention every now and again but Jade had full on extensive features again and again. Why does she warrant more air time on the news, for things that isn't really news, over actual news?

The smear test increase is just a side story to justify having it on the news. We're told that every single time Jade's story makes an appearance, we're told the exact same thing we've already been told time and time again before, and because we already know it imo it isn't news.
Old 24-02-2009, 12:20 PM #20
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

To be fair, she can't really "help" being mentioned in the US, so I don't think the discussion should be about her deserving of it (I know you didn't mean you were blaming her Tom, I mean in general).

The fact is, news channels prefer the plight of one individual, than the quick demise of several individuals. One westerners life is worth more than 10 foreign lives in terms of news values. It shouldn't be the case, but it is.
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 12:27 PM #21

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Favourites:
BB11: John James

she's hardly a martyr. Many have had to battle cancer but not many have been able to do it with 4 million!!! in the bank. ( her estimated net worth). Think of the thousands who have to fight that battle without all the financial support. To say she's doing it for her kids is stupid. She already has 4 mil .... if her kids can't make a start with that then how is 5 mil going to help?
Nah she's doing it for the legacy.... because people are fool enough to say "awwwww... what a great mum".... rubbish... a great mum wouldn't spend her last days getting her head on the box every second she can but instead would spend that time with her kids. She started off as a nasty ignorant racists .... now she's a nasty ignorant racist with cancer and 5 million. None wish her dead but there are millions of tough luck stories with REAL people fighting greater odds... and doing it on a far leaner budget.
ange7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 12:45 PM #22
Elite Member

Favourites (more):

Elite Member

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:

Then you said;

You have no point.
I do have a point.

I support the selling she does to the media, magazine deals, TV shows etc where she will get money. I don't support the news reporting as though she is worlds first and last ever cancer victim, portraying her as a saint when they hated her 2 years ago. For this, she is getting no money and her every move is being rammed down our throats and for what? Just to put things into perspective, on Sunday there were 2 seperate explosions and people died. On ITV News, Jade's wedding was the opening headline and had a good 3-4 minute feature, and those explosions were mentioned "in other news" where 4 or 5 stories are mentioned within a minute. Sky News also lead all day Sunday with the news of Jade, when there was a scrolly thing on the bottom of breaking news, that a man had been shot in London and a murder investigation was open which got a brief mention every now and again but Jade had full on extensive features again and again. Why does she warrant more air time on the news, for things that isn't really news, over actual news?

The smear test increase is just a side story to justify having it on the news. We're told that every single time Jade's story makes an appearance, we're told the exact same thing we've already been told time and time again before, and because we already know it imo it isn't news.
Well she can hardly control all the news coverage she is getting :S and just because her news is making headlines over other news, it doesn't mean that the other news isn't as important.

That's up to the news channel on what they want to cover, if I remember correctly BBC News had the main headline about that guy who was found dead in Michael Barrymore's pool years ago, Jade was on the news but not on the headline so again it depends what news channel you're watching and there's loads... ITV, BBC, Sky News, Five, Channel 4 - they're all different.

I've never once heard about this smear test increase just because Jade is on the news, it must all be on Sky News.
Old 24-02-2009, 02:14 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Its on ITV as well. Yes it is up to the channel what they want to cover and thats what I'm getting at. It was also headlining on Sunday, it would be daft to headline with the wedding 2 days later. Today ITV are headlining with the Barrymore thing as well. Its not an attack on Jade by any means, its an attack on the media for shoving every living detail down our throats and is it really that justified when there are loads of other people suffering out there and when there are bigger news stories that aren't happening to people all over the country?
Old 24-02-2009, 02:16 PM #24
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
is it really that justified when there are loads of other people suffering out there and when there are bigger news stories that aren't happening to people all over the country?
No, but Jade can't help that news channels are giving her coverage. It's unfair of us to say she doesn't deserve it, when she's suffering the same as everyone else that isn't getting coverage.
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 02:58 PM #25

Jade is a star she is so brave.xo
Dom:D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
america's, cbs, goody, jade, mentiond, news