Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 22-03-2009, 10:01 AM #26
Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Madonna tells Australian nanny to leave

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...005961,00.html

AN AUSTRALIAN nanny who cares for pop superstar Madonna's adopted son David Banda has quit her job.

Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper reported the nanny, identified only as Angela, handed in her notice earlier this month in New York and was told by the 50-year-old singer to leave before her notice period was up.

"Angela is distraught,'' one source told the newspaper.

"Madonna told her the news two hours before she was due to go on her annual month-long leave.

"Angela was incredibly upset and very surprised because she had been told that Madonna is due to adopt a second baby from Malawi very soon.''

The source said Madonna had been "furious'' with Angela for leaving.

"All Madonna's employees work incredibly long hours, so it's no surprise that Angela had had enough,'' the source said.

"If you work for Madonna you are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There's no such thing as a weekend.''

Madonna has two biological children, 12-year-old daughter Lourdes and eight-year-old son Rocco, and is believed to be planning to adopt another child from David's homeland of Malawi.

A spokesman for Madonna, who recently split from her second husband Guy Ritchie, told the newspaper: "I do not comment on household issues but I can assure you that David and Madonna's other two children are very well taken care of at all times.''
Harry! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 01:31 PM #27
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Madonna: 'I will do requests'

Her business skill have earned her the title Material Girl, but it seems Madonna, the world's biggest selling female artist, may be having a crisis of confidence when it comes to picking tracks for her eagerly-awaited Greatest Hits album.

Mandrake hears that Guy Oseray, the 50-year-old star's manager, has taken the unsual step of using Twitter to ask fans which tracks should be included. In a posting last week, he wrote: "Working on Madonna's Greatest Hits album. Any tracks that you think MUST be on?"

Some American fans have been sceptical about the release of the star's third major compilation album, claiming that she hasn't had enough US top ten hits in recent years to justify another compilation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-requests.html
Old 23-03-2009, 06:16 AM #28
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Madonna adopts with Jesus?

http://entertainment.stv.tv/home/838...ts-with-jesus/

Madonna's Brazilian model boyfriend claims he is ready to adopt a child with her, even though the pair have only been dating for three months.

Madonna's boyfriend wants to adopt a child with her.

Brazilian model Jesus Luz, 22, has only been dating the 50-year-old singer for three months, but is adamant he is ready to start a family with her.

Jesus' ex-girlfriend Catharina Franca said: "He adores kids but he accepts they could not have children of their own, and is talking about the possibility of adopting with Madonna."

Madonna already has three children - biological daughter Lourdes, 12, son Rocco, eight, and adopted three-year-old son David from Malawi - and recently admitted she is considering adopting another child from Africa.

Jesus and Madonna met on a steamy shoot for W magazine in Brazil last year and have since become inseparable, with Jesus moving into Madonna's New York apartment and attending Kabbalah - a mystical off-shoot of Judaism - classes with her.

Catharina claims Jesus told her: "Madonna has an amazing body, is a sexy, kind person and a great mother. The difference in our ages means nothing. She looks like a 30-year-old and has a youthful personality to go with it. I love her and nothing else matters."

Catharina - who dated Jesus for 18 months - insists the model is serious about Madonna, and refuted claims he is dating her to try and up his profile.

She told Britain's Sunday Mirror newspaper: "He's not with Madonna for her money or fame. He's with her because he loves her.

"They have a lot in common. They are both very into the way they look. Jesus can be very vain. If Madonna looked like a normal 50-year-old he wouldn't look twice at her."

Meanwhile, days after enjoying an intimate dinner date with supermodel Elle Macpherson, Madonna's estranged husband Guy Ritchie has been seen kissing a mystery woman in a private members' bar at London restaurant Quo Vadis.

A source said: "They were sitting on a couch near the fireplace and looked very intimate and were kissing at one point.

"They were acting very much like a couple. He had his hand on her leg most of the night. She was the prettiest woman in the bar."
Old 23-03-2009, 06:52 PM #29
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

New man says Madonna has mind of a 30-year-old

The 50-year-old pop star Madonna's much younger new man Jesus Luz said he fell for her because "she has the body and mind of a 30-year-old".

According to mirror.co.uk, Luz is not affected by the 28-year age gap. He has also shocked his family by revealing that he wants to settle down with Madonna and even have a family of adopted children.

He told his 22-year-old ex-girlfriend Catharina Franca that "Madonna has an amazing body, is a sexy, kind person and a great mother. The difference in our ages means nothing. She looks like a 30-year-old and has a youthful personality to go with it."

"I love her and nothing else matters."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryP...+a+30-year-old
Old 25-03-2009, 07:40 PM #30
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Madonna's toy boy Jesus Luz insists he didn't cheat on her

Madonna’s toy boy lover Jesus Luz has denied cheating on the Queen Of Pop with a young lingerie model – because his mum was in the room.

Jesus, who met Madge on a photoshoot in December, admits that he was talking to Luciana Costa during a party in Brazilian city Rio De Janeiro earlier this month.

The 22-year-old said: “ My mum was at my side and never would I become intimate with a woman if my mum was nearby.”

Jesus’ mum Cristiane Regins da Silva, 37, gave birth to her son aged just 14.

She’s previous told us here at the Mirror: "My son came home so happy after his first photo session with Madonna. He opened a bottle of champagne."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-21225123/
Old 26-03-2009, 06:14 AM #31
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Madge of approval

Good Lord! Baby Jesus's romance with Madonna has got the thumbs up from his father - even though he is four years younger than the woman his son is dating.

Luiz Heitor, 46, said: "When Cupid strikes, age doesn't matter. My son told me his relationship with Madonna is serious. People speak about their difference in ages, this is nonsense.

"I believe she was first attracted to him by his handsomeness but his name helped." Yeah!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/3am/2...5875-21228424/
Old 26-03-2009, 07:03 PM #32
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Madge to adopt another child

Madonna has filed papers in advance of adopting a second child from Malawi, officials have confirmed.

Reports suggest that the 50-year-old singer will travel to the region over the weekend with a possible court hearing coming as soon as Monday.

Madonna's spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg declined to comment on the issue, but officials in both the US and Malawi have said that an adoption bid is under way.

An official at the Malawian welfare department said that adoption documents had been filed by the singer.

Madonna has established ties with the country over the past few years, setting up the Raising Malawi charity to raise the profile of the plight its people.

According to local reports, the singer said she would consider adopting another child after adopting David Banda in 2006, but only with the support of the Malawian people.

His adoption was shrouded in controversy after critics claimed it was illegal. The Malawi government was accused of skirting laws that ban non-residents from adopting children in the country.

Madonna is expected to bring David on the trip and visit a site where her charity will start building a multi-million dollar school for girls, the officials said.

David's father, Yohane Banda, said that he may see his son next week.

Mr Banda said: "Someone from Raising Malawi visited me last week and told me that my son may be visiting me sometime next week. I am delighted, I want to see my son."

Madonna, who began adoption proceedings in 2006, took David when he was 13-months-old after his father had placed him in an orphanage following the death of his wife.

She has said he was happy to be involved in a case that might pave the way for more adoptions in Malawi. An estimated one million children in the country have been orphaned by Aids.

Child rights activist John Soo Phiri said Madonna may find it more difficult to adopt another child as a single parent after her divorce from film director Guy Ritchie.

"She will have to prove that as a single parent she still has the abilities to raise another child alone," he said.
Old 26-03-2009, 07:21 PM #33
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Heard this on the radio earlier - good on her!
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 04:12 PM #34
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum
Heard this on the radio earlier - good on her!
Yey someone else posted! Anyway well done Madonna for adopting a new child into the family.
Old 28-03-2009, 04:26 PM #35
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Madonna loses faith in Jesus and dumps her toyboy lover

Madonna is single again... after an unholy bust-up with Jesus.

The queen of pop has sensationally ditched her toyboy lover and announced that she's "glad" to be single again.

It comes after a row over 50-year-old Madonna's commitment to the 22-year-old Brazilian model Jesus Luz.

We are told that she declined his invite to meet his family - including his mum who is 13 years Madonna's junior - on May 10, which is Mother's Day in Brazil.

Madge's cold response, we are told, was enough for him to throw his toys out of his manger. An insider said: "It was a huge wakeup call for Madonna that Jesus really isn't the man for her. Things were moving too fast and they were practically living in each other's pockets.

"Jesus felt so rejected when Madge was dragging her heels over the family meeting in Brazil.

"Mother's Day is a big deal for him as it's tradition for all of the Luz matriarchs to be celebrated, including his 37-year-old mother. But for Madonna the reality of the situation has come crashing down - it just seemed inappropriate to be spending Mother's Day with him."

Feisty Madonna broke the news to the world during a 10-minute chat with fans and her manager Guy Oseary on the social networking site Twitter.

One fan wrote: "Hello Madonna honey am glad you are single again - you made your best music as a single woman."

To which Madonna apparently replied: "Not as glad as I am." Ouch. We bet it's a blessed relief now that Jesus has gone - for it paves the way for Madonna to adopt another child.

She is set to be granted a "temporary custody order" for the new baby she is adopting from Malawi next week - four-year-old Mercy.

A senior official in the High Court in the capital Lilongwe told us that "her appearance in court is just symbolic - all her papers are in order".

The notice does not indicate the name of the baby but says "Madonna will appear without a partner or spouse".

Madonna is expected to bring three-year-old David Banda - who she adopted in Malawi in 2006 - with her to meet his new sister.

Mercy is being cared for by a nanny at Kumbali Lodge, where Madonna has stayed on her previous visits to the country and a source told us: "Mercy has been handed over to Madonna's people, who are already at the lodge, and is being cared for by a nanny."

However, we have no news on who is caring for poor Jesus...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/3am/2...5875-21233692/
Old 28-03-2009, 05:01 PM #36
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Read this earlier, glad she dumped him, he looked like a goldigger.
Old 28-03-2009, 08:57 PM #37
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

She looks amazing in this video:

Nobody can deny she looks brilliant for her age.
Old 28-03-2009, 08:58 PM #38
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Quote:

She looks stunning as always . Callum are me and you the only people to post in this thread?
Old 28-03-2009, 09:05 PM #39
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Madonna
Quote:

She looks stunning as always . Callum are me and you the only people to post in this thread?
I think we are Steven likes her as well I think. This thread needs more posts!
Old 28-03-2009, 09:07 PM #40
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What we need is a toothbrush and two tubs of mayo lol. What we reall need to do is have a campaign to get this thread premoted, For a start look at the Britney thread there must be more fans of Madonna then 2
Old 28-03-2009, 09:08 PM #41

Favourites:
BB11: Shabby

Favourites:
BB11: Shabby

Wow Jesus's mum's younger than her
bronaaaa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 09:10 PM #42
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What we need is a toothbrush and two tubs of mayo lol. What we reall need to do is have a campaign to get this thread premoted, For a start look at the Britney thread there must be more fans of Madonna then 2
LOL, I know! She needs more fans, people just seem to have moved on to Lady GaGa etc. I hope she releases some new material soon. It's a travesty 'Miles Away' only scraped the UK top 40, it's the best song on Hard Candy in my opinion and it's her worst charting single.
Old 28-03-2009, 09:12 PM #43
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, I know! She needs more fans, people just seem to have moved on to Lady GaGa etc. I hope she releases some new material soon. It's a travesty 'Miles Away' only scraped the UK top 40, it's the best song on Hard Candy in my opinion and it's her worst charting single.
MA only went to 39 because it did NOT have a music video and was NOT premoted very well, Like this thread.
Old 28-03-2009, 09:14 PM #44
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

MA only went to 39 because it did NOT have a music video and was NOT premoted very well, Like this thread.
That is true actually, it would have done much better with promotion and a music video. I was gutted when I read that there wasn't going to be a video for it.
Old 28-03-2009, 09:18 PM #45
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Callum blame the lazy producers.
Old 29-03-2009, 10:31 AM #46
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Madonna’s former nanny tells of her strain on Facebook

The nanny in charge of Madonna’s adopted three-year-old son David Banda has hinted at how the strain of working long hours drove her to quit.
Angela Jacobsen handed in her notice only to be told by the singer to leave at once.
Although Miss Jacobsen spent last week trying to scotch talk of serious differences, entries on her Facebook page suggested otherwise.

‘Not putting up [with] this s*** any more,’ wrote the 29-year-old Australian, probably referring to her working conditions.
‘Never have, never will. Standing up for my rights regardless of consequence. Sick of always being the one who compromises.’

A month earlier, before a weekend off, she said she intended to ‘make the most of my 48 *******ing hours of freedom’.

She has returned home to Melbourne.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Facebook.html
Old 29-03-2009, 01:37 PM #47
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Can someone post.
Old 29-03-2009, 01:53 PM #48
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Madonna : Madge ‘bans toyboy lover from answering his phone calls’

http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.c...-2009032913577

Queen of Pop Madonna has reportedly banned her alleged toyboy lover Jesus Luz from attending his phone in front of her.

According to a source, the 50-year-old singer had a heated argument with the 22-year-old Brazilian model after he answered a call while she was in the same room, and has now restricted him to accepting emergency calls only.

“She just turned on him. She told him it was rude for him to take a phone call in front of her. He stood up for himself and they had quite a heated argument,” Herald Sun quoted the source, as saying.

“Madonna agreed to let him answer the mobile when she’s around, but only in emergencies.

“His family claims they always know when he’s with her because they can’t get him on the phone. And it’s true. He’ll see his phone ringing and he just has to let it go,” the source added.

However, the ‘Material Girl’ hitmaker herself chats away on her phone whenever she wants

The source told Britain’s Daily Mail newspaper: “If her phone rings and she wants to take the call, she’ll do it. This is not a relationship of equals.”
Old 29-03-2009, 04:42 PM #49
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Madonna in Malawi for adoption

U.S. pop singer Madonna arrived in Malawi on Sunday ahead of a court examination this week of her bid to adopt a second Malawian child, a girl called Mercy James, officials said.

"She disembarked from the cargo area and jumped into her convoy," an airport official said.

An employee said Madonna had checked into an exclusive lodge, accompanied by her son David Banda, whom she adopted in 2006 from the same Mchinji Home of Hope orphanage where 4-year-old Mercy lives.

The employee said David's biological father Yohane Banda was at the lodge to see his son.

Some Malawians opposed David's adoption, accusing the government of skirting laws that ban non-residents from adopting children. Critics say Mercy's adoption would also violate Malawi's laws.

Court clerks confirmed the name of the child last week and said Madonna or her associates were expected to appear in court on Monday for the adoption proceedings.

The local Nation newspaper this month quoted Madonna, 50, as saying Malawian friends had told her David needed a brother or sister and that she would consider adopting another child, but only with the support of the Malawian people.

Madonna took David when he was 13-months-old after his father had placed him in an orphanage following the death of his wife.

The singer has said despite the controversy around David's adoption, she was happy to be involved in a case that might pave the way for more adoptions in Malawi, where an estimated one million children have been orphaned by AIDS.

David's life with Madonna is far removed from his village of Lipunga, where the staple food is maize and residents cook their meals on open fires.

Madonna was divorced last year from British film director Guy Ritchie, but says this will not deprive their three children of either parent.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20090329...n-d3877cb.html
Old 02-04-2009, 04:21 PM #50
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Third Spanish Show Announced

Madonna fans, we are happy to confirm that Madonna's 'Sticky & Sweet' Tour will stop at Zaragoza's Recinto De La Feria De Zaragoza on July 25th.

While the public ticket sale will start on April 3rd at 10am local time, please note that a devoted fan club pre sale will start on April 1st at 5pm LOCAL TIME.

Madonna Twitters with Iconers

Last week, Madonna took over Guy Oseary's Twitter and connected with Iconers who happened to be following Guy's Twitter feed or who saw our announcement on Madonna.com. Following is an excerpt from this off-the-cuff session!

guyoseary: sitting here with Madonna... Firstly, she wants to say hello to all the Iconers out there.

guyoseary: Madonna wants to thank all of you that took the time to send in their thoughts for [the] greatest hits album. We will be online for the next 10 minutes.

salonspotter: @guyoseary Please tell M that we're all supporting her and to make sure this greatest hits is AWESOME!!! Looking forward to it!

madonna: @salonspotter Supporting me in every way??????????????... M

nickfirth: @guyoseary Hello Madonna honey am glad you are single again - you made your best music as a single woman! Yeehaw!

madonna: @nickfirth NOT AS GLAD AS I AM! M...............

madonna: Thanks for your love and support.. Signing off... I need my beauty rest... Love mmmmmmmmmmmm.

perezhilton: @guyoseary I love you Madonna!!!!

madonna: @perezhilton You obviously love Britney more cause you made an opening film for her show and not mine. I still love you. Going to sleep! -- M

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
celebration, madonna