Notices

BB6 Chat about Anthony, Eugene, Makosi and the rest of the Big Brother 6 housemates.

Old 15-02-2005, 09:06 AM #1

Default Hopefuls knocking on Big Brother door

THE freezing weather could not put them off pursuing their 15 minutes of fame.
They queued along the entire length of St James's Park football ground in Newcastle, all of them hoping they would be the individuals picked to have every detail of their lives opened up to public scrutiny – such is the lure of Big Brother.
Channel Four producers were in the North East looking for the new Jonny, the new Nadia or the new Michelle.
And they had plenty to choose from. By 10am the cold weather had not put off about 750 people from queuing – all hoping to be locked away for up to 10 weeks and having every aspect of their lives watched by millions of viewers and tabloid journalists.
Plenty of Wearsiders were among them, all with varied, and strange, reasons for wanting to be picked.
Among the most weird and wacky was Helen Baker, 34, of Boldon Colliery, who told Big Brother bosses if she is picked she will not be going in alone.
The beauty therapist plans on taking Pinkie, her beloved guinea pig, along too, complete with the cot she had him wrapped up in.
So why pick her? "I'm wacky and I'm mad on the colour pink," she said. "I'm also looking for Mr Right."
And why the guinea pig? She said she was inspired by the guinea pigs in the first series and has always had one as a pet since then.
Other hopefuls included Colin Plews, 36, a chef from Plains Farm, who said: "I'm homeless at the moment, so it might be a roof over my head for eight to 10 weeks."
Being on television is no new experience for Colin. He was on a programme called All Aboard for Love, about speed dating.
"I just love to be on television," he added. "It's the best thing going."
Keith Smart, 30, a kitchen designer from Hendon, has another motive: "I've always watched it and I want to make love to somebody on television."
Washington trio Kelly and Jill Guthrie and friend Paul Taylor were also among the crowds.
But for Jill, 21, of Lambton, it was an accident she was there at all: "I work for an architects' firm near the ground and I forgot my keys.
"I knew my sister was here so I thought I would give it a go."
Paul, 21, of Ayton, a student at Northumbria University, said: "I just want to do something different with my life.
"All the fame doesn't bother me, I just love it."
But Kelly, 23, who works as a dietitian, has one major motive: "I just love Dermot O'Leary. I just hope I get evicted straight away so I can be on Big Brother's Little Brother."

Jonny's advice - don't listen to me

FORMER Peterlee fireman Jonny Regan, 32, a man who has already been there, has given his tips on how to succeed in the Big Brother household.
Jonny was runner-up in 2002 and is still fondly remembered by all the programme's viewers. He now works as an actor – and is hoping to land a part on the next series of ITV's fire drama Steel River Blues.
His tips are:
* Be yourself;
* Don't be too desperate;
* Don't have a hidden agenda, like wanting to be famous for its own sake;
* Have fun;
* Speak your mind.
Jonny added: "I've given advice to a few people who tried to get on and not one of them did.

Article Sunderland Today
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, door, hopefuls, knocking