Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother Designs (fan made) For all fan-made BB banners, adverts, logos etc.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:22 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Favourites (more):

Default Brekkies\' Random Unconnected Twist Thread (NEW: The High Stakes House)

Something I've done which I'll share, but nothing too detailed here.

Anyhow, with the credit crunch in mind I set out to create a really simple basic house plan - as I do believe a house really stripped back to basics could actually work, and I was looking for a new interpretation of the original BB house. So I started out with this.

However, once I'd begun tweaking, mainly to accommodate camera runs, and then to keep some kind of symmetry, I've basically ended up with one of the more complex house plans I've done, complete with first floor balcony and HoH room.

And this is what I came up with:

Pretty self explanatory I think (and hope, because you'll have to wait about 50 years before I ever master Sketch Up). In the end I moved the entrance to the side - initially it was where the diary room was upstairs, but I felt putting the Diary Room upstairs gave more of a point to the second floor.

The living area is fairly spacious with plenty of room for task equipment etc., with the lounge raised by a couple of steps and slightly more secluded, but still over looking the whole area. That split-level idea is mirrored in the garden at the poolside, with an added hot tub too. (I know, I've blown the budget!) The white circle thing is the Ash Tray, recycled from BB9.

At the back of the house are the two bedrooms - the Square Room and the Long Room, with a glass fronted bathroom in between them, complete with walk in shower on the left (as opposed to a drive in shower, just to avoid any confusion!).

Upstairs the diary room is separated from the balcony by a BB8 style airlock, but this time completely mirrored rather than with lights. We then have a small chill out area on the balcony, over looking the entire living area - and the HoH room.

The corner of the HoH room, behind the circular bed, is a two way mirror - so the HoH can see out, but they can't see in. Also an open-plan en-suite with shower and sink, with only a glass screen separating the shower from the rest of the room - plus a couple of chairs for chatting, while the HoH would get their own TV too, but not for spying on the other HMs (not full time anyway).

Weekly Format

I'm not going to go into too much detail on the format (I might come back to it though), but the basic schedule for the main shows is:

Friday: Live Eviction and HoH challenge

Sunday: Highlights from the last 48 hours, beginning with the build up and aftermath of the eviction and HoH challenge. The show also includes highlights of Saturday's food challenge.

Monday: Highlights from Sunday as the housemates nominate. Firstly, the HoH will nominate one person to automatically face eviction before the other HMs vote once each to determine the second nominee. The result is then announced, and should there be a tie it will be broken by the HoH.
Note - the nominations take place on Sunday evening as the main show is being broadcast, with the feed blocked for the HoH nom and noms result. This is to reserve some aspects for the main show, but should only disrupt the feed at a time when Big Brother viewers are likely not to be watching.

Tuesday: Highlights from Monday as the Veto Challenge takes place. All housemates compete to win the Veto and the ability too, if they wish, save a nominee and force the HoH to nominate a replacement.
The Veto meeting also takes place in this show, either recorded Monday or live at the end of Tuesdays show (it wouldn't have to be fronted by Davina - Marcus could just say something like "After the break we cross live to the house to discover if either of this weeks nominees will be saved by the Veto."). At the end of the show with the nominees confirmed the lines can open for this weeks eviction.

Wednesday: Wednesday's show, with highlights from Tuesday, would be relatively low-key if the Veto meeting had happened live, but would be sold around the "build up" and "fall out" of the Veto meeting.

Thursday: Highlights from Wednesday, which would include a weekly Luxury Challenge - or could see the return of the Jackpot Challenges instead. These midweek challenges would generally only be for a day, but could be a bit longer and more like the traditional BB tasks if necessary, and indeed by spread over 2-3 days.

And then we're back to Friday. Nothing much is scheduled to happen on Thursdays so that the eviction show on Friday can concentrate on live events, rather than the highlights.

In the final week four housemates would remain, with the final HoH (after a 3-part challenge) choosing both nominees for a midweek eviction. Therefore they'd be three in the final - just like it should be!

All (well, most) comments appreciated.

P.S. I've got a few random unconnected format ideas which I might post in this thread at a later date. A more detailed series plan I did last year for BB9, but still very much applicable for BB10, can be seen here. Also a Celeb BB plan here.
Brekkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:48 PM #2

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Random unconnected launch night idea....

Opening Line: "You're watching Big Brother... but is Big Brother Watching You?"

Launch night then plays out as normal, but in addition during the show we'll be revealing one more housemate who won't know they're moving in until Davina tells them - NTV style.

e.g. John Smith is at home watching the launch show. Davina then reveals that in addition to tonight's housemates, a "Wildcard" will be joining the housemates too - and we're about to meet them - only they don't know it yet.

Davina: "I am now going to speak to the house - not this house, but it could be yours.

"John Smith - This is Davina. You're Live on Channel 4 - please do not swear"

Davina then explains that they've been chosen to be a Big Brother Wildcard and will have the chance to move into the Big Brother house tomorrow, and asks if they will accept the opportunity. They then have the rest of the show to pack and make their way to a waiting car.

The next night the Wildcard will move in live - but of course there is a catch. They are the Wildcard - not a housemate, and in order to become a housemate they will have to earn the status of Housemate over the first week. If they fail to do so by Friday they will be evicted.

Over the first week the Wildcard will complete a series of rather gruesome challenges, sometimes alone, sometimes having to get the help of others. Should they succeed they will never be told anything more than "You're one step closer to becoming an official housemate" - as whatever happens, next Friday the Wildcard will get the opportunity to become a housemate.

On Friday during the first show the Wildcard will be informed they are now eligible to become an official housemate - but then the twist is revealed. To gain housemate status they must steal it from another. The Wildcard must then choose one HM to compete against for Housemate status, with a live task determining the outcome.

The winner becomes a housemate, the loser is evicted. Although as technically they aren't a housemate, they can't be evicted - but they'll still be getting the boot!
Old 10-05-2009, 01:49 PM #3

Nice ideas!
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:51 PM #4

wow, thats one of the best fanmade twists I've read And I never thought I'd like the BBUS format, but I think it could maybe work here now.
Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:54 PM #5

I really like that idea there Brekkie. The wild card idea! It is really great! Then again, what if they didn't want to come on the show? Lool.
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:55 PM #6
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

I like the idea about the CBB2 exit but there would be no space for a crowd
ILoveTRW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:19 PM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

That might not be a bad thing.

There is space though for a smaller crowd if they were using the Big Mouth studio (as they did in CBB2), or indeed ditched the crowd all together in favour of something small indoors. There could also be enough room for a fairly large crowd for the launch and finale too.

And failing that, it could still be set up to use the main studio with a crowd probably outside the main studio - just needs the layout structured well enough to get the evictee from A to B.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:24 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by LewisLeona
I really like that idea there Brekkie. The wild card idea! It is really great! Then again, what if they didn't want to come on the show? Lool.
We're gambling on the fact that they want to be famous, so of course they'll agree.

It would be someone who had got down towards the final stages of the show (say top 50), but missed out. Also in order to get the cameras set up at their home they'd have to be some work with friends/family, so they could have secretly put some plans in place beforehand knowing what was going to happen.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:21 AM #9

Love the house design. Like the fact the the diary room in on Floor2
PinkSmurf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:38 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Originally I was going to keep the exit there and have the diary room where I've moved the exit too - but I think the Diary Room works well on the second floor, and means that balcony is well used.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:46 PM #11

i can only say WW

omg sooooooooooooooooooooo good i love the twist its brill love it
bluehill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:16 AM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

NEW: Random unconnected future on E4

Just a note - this isn't connected to the format in the original post. Indeed I'm basing it more around the traditional format, but strictly speaking it could work for anything.

Firstly, I don't think the trial with Celebrity Hijack really sold anyone on the idea, but in theory BB could still have a future on E4, but would need the help of C4 too. Indeed C4 would still screen all episodes, including premiering the launch, evictions and final, along with Sunday episodes.

C4
Sunday: 9.00-10.30pm
This is the only highlights show of the week which premieres on C4, and as it's the only one in primetime, nominations would move to Saturdays so they are included in the Sunday night show.

Monday to Thursday: 11.05pm-12.10am
The daily highlights from the house, shown earlier on E4.

Friday: 9.00-10.30pm
The weekly live eviction show, which would also recap key events of the week too.

Early-morning repeats could also continue on C4

E4
Monday to Thursday: 9.00-10.00pm
E4 premieres the highlights show in primetime. With E4+1 and C4+1, viewers could catch the show at 9pm, 10pm, 11.05pm or 12.05am.

Sunday: 11.05pm-12.40am
A repeat of the nominations show aired earlier on C4.

E4 repeats the eviction show on Saturday nights

BBLB
Big Mouth and Diary Room Uncut are axed, but BBLB continues at 7.30pm on weeknights and at 7pm on E4 on Sundays (either exclusive, or repeated from T4).

Live Streaming
Obviously I consider the 24-hour live feed a must, and if it can't be done via the red button it would be used as a selling point of E4.com.

Streaming is maximised as much as possible during the day, airing from 10am to 4.30pm. However, late night streaming would, with the exception of eviction night, usually begin at midnight, after the C4 airing, rather than at 10pm after the E4 airing. This leaves 10pm-12midnight free most nights for E4 to air other programming.

On eviction night streaming begins at 10.30pm immediately after the live show - and there is an extra hour of build up from 8pm-9pm between BBLB and the live show. On Fridays Friends is moved to 9pm (as I can't see them ditching it completely!).

However...
With all that said although it's easy to see how BB could have a future with a little bit of help from E4, when you look at the bigger picture it could actually prove a rather costly exercise. C4 would have to find an extra hour of programming to air between 9pm and 11pm each night, while E4 has to fill two hours from 10pm during the week too.

In reality, financially speaking at least, it's probably better for the show to remain in it's traditional home on C4.
Old 15-05-2009, 08:26 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Another completly unconnected random twist idea:
A BRAND NEW FORMAT - The High Stakes House

This is a format which would give the show a brand new feel and radically change both the viewers and housemates expectations of Big Brother - but it's a change so radical that the fundamental basis of the show, such as nominations, could largely remain untouched.

This is Big Brother: Back to Square One

This year the house provides the twists - and it's a format which requires a much cleverer BB house than in the past, hence why I've not posted a houseplan. (I've attempted one, but certainly can't make it work at Elstree. I might try again with a clean slate if you like the idea)

Essentially the series is based around the "high stakes house", which is divided into a number of zones, the first of which is Square One.

On launch night all housemates would enter the house and move into Square One - a basic, largely outdoor, living space. The beds are basic, the shower, toilet and kitchen are all outside and the home comforts aren't just few - they're none existent. The housemates are exposed to the elements, with a small sleeping area their only indoor space. (I'm thinking a double decker bus, with around 8-10 sleeping upstairs, and a few more beds plus basic seating area downstairs).

After a first week spent in the harsh environment of "Square One", Big Brother offers the housemates the chance to unlock the next zone, zone two - but only winning housemates will be enabled to access that zone. They can then use Zone 2 (which will be a bedroom), and have access to Square One, but the other HMs are confined to Square One.

This process is repeated throughout the series with eight official zones to unveil - plus a couple more related to twists. At any point though housemates can be sent back to square one, both through failing challenges and as a punishment.

The eight zones would be something like this:
  • Square One - a basic, largely outdoor living area with outdoor shower, toilet and kitchen
  • Zone 2: Bedroom 1 - not exactly luxurious, but far comfier than the beds in Square One
  • Zone 3: Kitchen/Dining - complete with all the mod cons. No more cooking on the barbeque or lighting the wood burning stove
  • Zone 4: Bathroom + Hot Tub - the first outdoor zone is a patio complete with Hot Tub, plus access to a luxurious bathroom
  • Zone 5: The Lounge - comfy sofas to lie back and relax. Better than wooden benches or bus seats in the double decker
  • Zone 6: Luxury Bedroom - and it's only now hair straighteners would be available!
  • Zone 7: Chill Out Room - a space for games and pampering, complete with pool table - and massage table
  • Zone 8: Pool and Sauna - the final outdoor space, with a decent sized pool, sauna and sun loungers

Viewers would gradually be introduced to these zones over the series, with a glimpse at the early zones during the launch show. For the housemates some zones would be kept a secret until they're revealed, but others would be behind glass doors to tease them about what's at stake.

Not 100% sure on how the tasks would work, but basically the HMs compete against each other to progress to future zones - and in order to unlock a new zone, one HM will have to be sent back to Square One. (So even at Zone 7, when they win the right to unlock Zone 8, one HM is sent from Zone 7 "back to square one".)

Only those in Zone 2 compete to unlock Zone 3 etc., while also during the week they'll be head to head challenges which enable people to progress through the zones. So for example, someone in Square One can challenge someone in Zone 2, and those in Zone 2 can challenge people in Zone 3 etc. - winner to the higher zone, loser to the lower zone. In addition, in the top zone there could be a challenge to secure your place in the top zone (and remain unchallenged), but failure would result in being sent "back to square one".

And a couple of twists along the way...
If things aren't complicated enough already.

There are two more zones I haven't mentioned, one of which come in between Zone 4 & Zone 5, while the second is the final zone after Zone 8.

Zone Zero: After the first four zones, Zone Zero is revealed. If you thought Square One was bad, wait until you see Zone Zero. It's a small cramped bunker - and not a place anybody would want to live.

To determine who will live in Zone Zero there is a twist to the usual task. Square One will compete for a guaranteed place in the "next" zone (they'll presume that's a good thing!), and then take someone from Zone 2, Zone 3 and the top zone, Zone 4, with them.

They'll then be plunged into Zone Zero. If they endure one week in Zone Zero, they'll secure immunity this week and a place in the top zone next week. However, should they quit they'll be confined to Square One for the rest of the series.

The Inner Circle: After the final main zone has been revealed, there is one more zone to unlock - The Inner Circle. Unknown to the rest of the housemates, the three housemates in the Inner Circle can spy on the rest of the house, have a number of privileges and will be solely responsible for the weeks nominations. Should they disclose any of this information, it's Back to Square One.

There could also be a twist at the end of the week where the HMs in the Inner Circle are tempted into leaving the Big Brother house. The three HMs are called in and offered increasing amounts of money to quit - the first to accept the offer is evicted. However, should Big Brother go bust (at a pre-determined amount revealed to the audience), it's Back to Square One for them all.

And that is basically my idea for a High Stakes House. OK, it may seem a bit complex but it does need a bit of work. There's quite a few possible variations, but get it right and it'll be a Big Brother like we've never seen before.
Old 15-05-2009, 09:25 PM #14

^ I like the idea of the zones but some of the twists and way the game works needs a little work and is a little complicated!
I like the idea that there is the inner circle...
What I would say is
16 housemates go in on launch night. 13 in Square One and 3 get to spend a whole week with access to all other zones (apart from square one) and live in the inner circle, they must do challenges and be half in control of big brother.
Sort of if one comes up with a good idea they could suggest it to the big guy.
After the 1st week the 3 can finally enter as "new" housemates.
The 3 will only be in the inner circle until the 6th week of the series though.

One question is, how will the inner circle be decided? Maybe before launch they do a lucky dip (seperately) and the 3 people who 5th, 9th, and 14th or something are the ones that win the chance to go in the inner circle
MichaelCracker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2009, 10:25 AM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I'm the first to admit it's too complicated - but I think with a bit of thought it could work.

Initially it was going to be a hell of a lot simpler - basically still zones, but each week the HMs unlock a room together, and they all win access to that room. I want a bit more game play though - but I guess if each time a room is unlocked one HM is sent "back to square one" it could work, so each week somebody has to make a sacrifice for the good of the group.

One thing definately required for it to work though is a separate task arena / room where challenges could take place - the nature of "square one" and the divided house means it probably wouldn't really be possible for them to take place in the house.
Old 17-05-2009, 12:04 PM #16

^ Maybe then not have so many rooms and I do actually think it is a really good idea! For an experimental series I think it could work!

Perhaps have it so that they unlock parts of a big house... Zone 2 is access to the big houses main area (Living room bit) and then Square 1 is still the bus, they won't be allowed to sleep anywhere else except in square one

Here is a quick draft of how I would plan the house to look ( Haven't included the inner cirle yet as the main house is more important )

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...emelyBasic.jpg
Old 17-05-2009, 12:49 PM #17

good ideas i like it
bluehill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2009, 05:25 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Square One would have to be square.

I am going to come back to that idea though and put a bit of thought into it (but perhaps not too much!) as I do think simplifying it could make it viable. It is all about getting the layout right too - get it wrong and the concept falls apart.
Old 17-05-2009, 06:19 PM #19

^ Yeah... I was going to do square one... square... but as I had ****ed up a lot of what I was originally gonna do I felt **** it... weird quadrilateral it is!
Quadrilateral One doesn't have the same ring to it I find

Can't wait to see what you come up with

BTW the lines that go over liked dash bits and parts that are revealed later on... so at first the housemates will have a much smaller living area and then they remove the wall and they can see out onto the garden ... same with the pool
Old 17-05-2009, 08:48 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Any chance you can reduce the size of your plan a bit Michael? It's a pet hate of mine when a large pic force you to scroll right to read the end of the sentence.

Cheers.
Old 17-05-2009, 08:56 PM #21

^ Does the forum not shrink it down for you automatically? And tbh I can't... I'm going to delete the pic later anyway :P
Old 17-05-2009, 10:19 PM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Doesn't seem too. No need to delete it - just changing it to an url would help.

Or posting enough so we get onto page 2!
Old 18-05-2009, 06:07 AM #23

^ You mean posting enough like.... this???

And what do you mean change the URL? How do you mean?
Old 18-05-2009, 10:33 AM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

edit the post and instead of "img" and "/img" in the square brackets change to "url" and "/url". That'll change it from an image to a link.
Old 18-05-2009, 02:49 PM #25

^ Oh I thought you meant change the url completely...
yeah I'll do that

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
brekkies', high, house, random, stakes, thread, twist, unconnected