Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] Discussion of previous series (2004-2008) and the contestants. Winners were Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson and Alexandra Burke.

Old 21-05-2005, 07:41 AM #1

Default Steve: I\'VE GOT THE HEX FACTOR

Steve fears pop career's doomed
HE may have won the hearts of the nation with his soulful cover versions - but Steve Brookstein reckons his career may be over before it has even begun.

The X-Factor winner, 36, was Simon Cowell's great hope for chart domination but he now fears his days are numbered if he doesn't ditch the Motown medleys and start releasing his own music.

Pouring his heart out to 3am, Steve told us: "I'm fed up with being slated. People shouldn't judge me until they've seen my real work.

"At the moment, I'm doing covers and it's a bit cheesy. BMG wants me to release My Father's Son next. And although I'm happy with the album - and it got to No.1 - I want to do something more creative."

The Londoner beat barbershop boyband G4 in the Christmas final of ITV1's talent show, securing a £1million recording contract and Cowell's management.

Sadly, despite bagging a lucrative four-album deal, he admits he's not sure if he can go the distance.

At the Team America DVD launch at London's CC Club, he said: "It's the same for every artist. You can have a seven-album deal but if the public don't like your music, you're out on your ear.

"That's why I want to do my own songs and let people know the real me. I'd love to work with Morcheeba and surprise people. You should never judge someone until you've walked in their shoes."

Cue the violins, please...

It seems the writing was on the wall for Steve after X-Factor judge Sharon Osbourne branded him smug and false, while Louis Walsh called him a Fred West lookalike.

But a reunion is on the cards, as Steve's been asked to sing on the next X-Factor this summer.

"I'll be a gentleman and take Sharon for a drink," he said. "But we're like ships in the night - we're so opposite."

Still, fame has its good points... "I get beautiful women paying me attention all the time," he said. "But I've got a beautiful woman at home... and I'd never cheat."

Hmm, we're sure he means that from the bottom of his Heart And Soul...

Article Daily Mirror
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 02:49 PM #2

I love Steve but G4 have the X Factor they ROCKED on the X Factor tour *G4- SWOON*
Hannah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 03:01 PM #3

I must admit, I thought Steve was pants
Chatsworthjenny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:03 AM #4

^ He sure was.
lilmissnaughty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
i've, steve, x factor