Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:32 PM #1

Default Hamas using M302 Rocket Vs Israel War

http://news.sky.com/story/1297664/is...-across-border

Israel in return is killing people and children
who are not in the war

Last edited by arista; 17-07-2014 at 07:49 PM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:35 PM #2
You know my methods

You know my methods

until both sides stop thinking that their sides lives are of more value than the others this madness will not end.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:38 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
until both sides stop thinking that their sides lives are of more value than the others this madness will not end.

Yes never ending
if Hamas get a nuke
then it evens it up
Old 09-07-2014, 02:27 PM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

Maybe these larger more powerful rockets might even up the score a bit ??

Old 09-07-2014, 02:37 PM #5
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Makes it sound like, before they got this latest weapon, Hamas haven't been firing rockets at Israel at the rate of thousands per year.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:41 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Maybe if Hamas acquire larger more powerful weapons and inflict serious damage on Israel they (Israel) might actually stop and think about actually negotiating a proper peace settlement.

Wouldn't hold your breath though......

Old 09-07-2014, 02:43 PM #7

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

So much hate in this world, so sad.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:57 PM #8
User banned

User banned

both sides hold the old testament eye for an eye tooth for a tooth mantra , thus you end up with this mindless bloodbath.
Israel should never have been set up there in the first place, disastrous idea NOT driven to helps the jews, driven by the wests desire to have a wepaons arsenal in the middle east and anyone who dare question it gets batted down with the anti semintism brush, a brush now so corrupted and perverted its almost lost all its meaning
as it stands , the world should recognise palestine as a country in its own right.
ONLY then can you even begin talk of peace.
an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:47 PM #9
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
both sides hold the old testament eye for an eye tooth for a tooth mantra , thus you end up with this mindless bloodbath.
Israel should never have been set up there in the first place, disastrous idea NOT driven to helps the jews, driven by the wests desire to have a wepaons arsenal in the middle east and anyone who dare question it gets batted down with the anti semintism brush, a brush now so corrupted and perverted its almost lost all its meaning
as it stands , the world should recognise palestine as a country in its own right.
ONLY then can you even begin talk of peace.
an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind

Israel wasn't invented in the forties, the Jews were in Israel for thousands of years before Islam came into being. It's the Jewish spiritual homeland, not just a state set up by the West. Where else would Jews go?

Although some still understand the 'eye for an eye' passage to speak about revenge, in Jewish law, an eye for an eye is interpreted in the main to mean 'only one eye for one eye' meaning, you only get what is fair in trade.

A two state solution is the only viable one, but neither side want to consider the possibility.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:50 PM #10
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Israel wasn't invented in the forties, the Jews were in Israel for thousands of years before Islam came into being. It's the Jewish spiritual homeland, not just a state set up by the West. Where else would Jews go?

Although some still understand the 'eye for an eye' passage to speak about revenge, in Jewish law, an eye for an eye is interpreted in the main to mean 'only one eye for one eye' meaning, you only get what is fair in trade.

A two state solution is the only viable one, but neither side want to consider the possibility.
it was invented. they didnt own any land there at all....thousands of years ago? lol so does that mean the descendants of julius ceasar own your house? they after all ruled the UK back in the BC days...your argument is just as ludicrous
Old 09-07-2014, 04:55 PM #11
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
it was invented. they didnt own any land there at all....thousands of years ago? lol so does that mean the descendants of julius ceasar own your house? they after all ruled the UK back in the BC days...your argument is just as ludicrous
Jerusalem is a sacred place to Jews, like Mecca and Medina is the Muslims. If you've actually read the bible, then you're just trying to get a reaction by referring to my argument as ludicrous.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:05 PM #12
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Jerusalem is a sacred place to Jews, like Mecca and Medina is the Muslims. If you've actually read the bible, then you're just trying to get a reaction by referring to my argument as ludicrous.
fine jewish people go visit there, but to reclaim it 2000 years later is crazy......your argument is beyond ludicrous its a joke and a very dangerous joke. IF you want to have your belief taken seriously that people can reclaim land 2000 years later, then give up your home to the romans , only then would I take you seriously. otheriwse its lunacy and hypocrisy

Last edited by the truth; 09-07-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:11 PM #13
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
fine jewish people go visit there, but to reclaim it 2000 years later is crazy......your argument is beyond ludicrous its a joke and a very dangerous joke. IF you want to have your belief taken seriously that people can reclaim land 2000 years later, then give up your home to the romans , only then would I take you seriously. otheriwse its lunacy and hypocrisy
You just can't debate a topic like an adult, can you truth. You're only just back and you're insulting me. That's not a debate. Have you read the rules here? They are available for your perusal.

Learn a little bit about the subject and maybe then, if you can keep a civil tongue, we'll talk. Other than that, you can do one.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:21 PM #14

Quote:
Makes it sound like, before they got this latest weapon, Hamas haven't been firing rockets at Israel at the rate of thousands per year.

Yes True

Israel can stop this new rocket if he gets near housing zones via its Iron Dome Defense System

So far they are firing this new power rocket
to outter zones away from homes - SkyNewsHD reported

Last edited by arista; 09-07-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:10 PM #15
User banned

User banned

Quote:
You just can't debate a topic like an adult, can you truth. You're only just back and you're insulting me. That's not a debate. Have you read the rules here? They are available for your perusal.

Learn a little bit about the subject and maybe then, if you can keep a civil tongue, we'll talk. Other than that, you can do one.
have you handed your land back to the romans yet? didnt think so

Last edited by the truth; 09-07-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:19 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Most sensible right minded Jewish people would not dream of going to live in that Fascist Gangster state, in fact most are embarrassed at what is done there alledgedly in their name.

Israel with it's successive Zionist Gov't have done more to hurt Jewish people and Jewish interests in the last 60 years than any Arabs ever could.

Despicable place populated by sad deluded hateful people.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:11 AM #17
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Most sensible right minded Jewish people would not dream of going to live in that Fascist Gangster state, in fact most are embarrassed at what is done there alledgedly in their name.

Israel with it's successive Zionist Gov't have done more to hurt Jewish people and Jewish interests in the last 60 years than any Arabs ever could.

100% correct. its been a disaster for 60 years and it will continue to be so for the next 1000 that is if all the hate mongers on both sides havent blown everyone up by then. the fact that were not allowed to have an open healthy debate on the uber liberal state tv bbc , only means the solution is even harder to find
Old 10-07-2014, 11:25 AM #18
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
have you handed your land back to the romans yet? didnt think so
What a ridiculous argument. Don't you feel silly?

Quote:

I have family in Israel. Are you saying my family are not a right minded Jewish people? Is that EVERYONE in Israel that's sad, deluded and hateful? In fact, don't bother answering, this will turn into another anti-Jewish tirade from you that'll end up getting deleted.

Quote:
100% correct. its been a disaster for 60 years and it will continue to be so for the next 1000 that is if all the hate mongers on both sides havent blown everyone up by then. the fact that were not allowed to have an open healthy debate on the uber liberal state tv bbc , only means the solution is even harder to find
Actually, healthy debate isn't allowed on THIS FORUM about Israel as it just descends into insults as usual.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:32 PM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What a ridiculous argument. Don't you feel silly?

I have family in Israel. Are you saying my family are not a right minded Jewish people? Is that EVERYONE in Israel that's sad, deluded and hateful? In fact, don't bother answering, this will turn into another anti-Jewish tirade from you that'll end up getting deleted.

Actually, healthy debate isn't allowed on THIS FORUM about Israel as it just descends into insults as usual.

Livia, I have no wish to hurt anyone on this forum (including you) but I stongly reject your comments above that state I engage in Anti-Jewish tirades.

I most certainly do not, I have a lot of Jewish friends and when it comes to the state of Israel and the politics of the middle east we share a lot of common ground.

They, like me do not support the current Zionist, Fascist policies of Israel which pursue a never ending agenda of War to ensure support and monies from the US to keep Israel in existance.

For a nation to exist is this artificial reality which demands it stays at War with all it's neighbours and never allows any real peace talks, is utterly preposterous and meanwhile all around it on both sides the death and destruction and the bloodshed and the sheer human misery continues unabated.

It is time to end this failed experiment and for all Countries to put pressure on Israel, Hamas,Hezbollah,Iran,Egypt,Lebanon,Syria to find a REAL soultion and end this hideous stalemate.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:37 PM #20
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

All this war in the name of religion... it's so wrong
Old 10-07-2014, 06:19 PM #21
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Livia, I have no wish to hurt anyone on this forum (including you) but I stongly reject your comments above that state I engage in Anti-Jewish tirades etc. etc. etc..........
Knowing that my husband died from wounds received in Afghanistan, you posted in response to a post of mine, “they ALL died for nothing – get over it”. That was pretty hurtful.

It could be that you and I do share common ground on the Israel question. I cannot say, with my hand on my heart, that I support what’s going on in Israel, and I’ve just returned from there so I have some first-hand experience of it. Sadly, any discussion of the ‘bigger picture’ is impossible because you reply aggressively and generalise. Some time ago you and another poster had a rant between you about how horrible the murderous Jews are. I knew you meant ‘some Israelis’ but you said ‘Jews’. It was an anti-Jewish tirade. You also said, in this very thread, “Despicable place populated by sad deluded hateful people”. Actually, when I was there, just after they found the bodies of the three dead Israeli boys and things were heating up again, hundreds of Israelis gathered in Jerusalem to call for peace. I’m sure that wouldn’t have made the news here… but they didn’t seem particularly despicable, deluded or hateful to me.

It’s for these reasons I really don’t want to discuss the question of Israel, or anything else, with you.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:46 PM #22
User banned

User banned

Quote:

have you given your home back to the romans yet being as they owned it 2000 years ago? thats what you expected the palestinians to do?
Old 10-07-2014, 09:22 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Knowing that my husband died from wounds received in Afghanistan, you posted in response to a post of mine, “they ALL died for nothing – get over it”. That was pretty hurtful.

It could be that you and I do share common ground on the Israel question. I cannot say, with my hand on my heart, that I support what’s going on in Israel, and I’ve just returned from there so I have some first-hand experience of it. Sadly, any discussion of the ‘bigger picture’ is impossible because you reply aggressively and generalise. Some time ago you and another poster had a rant between you about how horrible the murderous Jews are. I knew you meant ‘some Israelis’ but you said ‘Jews’. It was an anti-Jewish tirade. You also said, in this very thread, “Despicable place populated by sad deluded hateful people”. Actually, when I was there, just after they found the bodies of the three dead Israeli boys and things were heating up again, hundreds of Israelis gathered in Jerusalem to call for peace. I’m sure that wouldn’t have made the news here… but they didn’t seem particularly despicable, deluded or hateful to me.

It’s for these reasons I really don’t want to discuss the question of Israel, or anything else, with you.
Livia, thanks for taking the time to explain your reasons for not wanting to converse with me, I meant to say Israelis but maybe used the word Jews in error and for that I am truly sorry.

I am upset that you cannot even bring yourself to debate topics with me on this forum , I never set out to try and insult you or deliver personal attacks.

I like to think of myself as a well educated person with a good set of morals ready to speak up for injustice wherever I see it.

I have no specific loyalties to any particular group or class or religion. In fact as I have said on this forum on many occasions I consider religion as a deeply personal thing and am suspicious of organised religion as I feel it is used to control people and can be manipulated to set people against one another.

I hope in time we may exchange the odd post or two and that some of my misguided earlier posts may be forgiven.

Nedusa.....
Old 10-07-2014, 09:36 PM #24
User banned

User banned

I have no issue at all with any religions or religious beliefs. unless of course its illegal.
my issue here is specifically the right of israel to steal land from the palestinians 2000 years after leaving (allegedly leaving) the whole thing is preposterous and clearly a disaster waiting to happen. now that this disaster is 60 years old....then of course a 2 state solution is the only way forward. sadly with the idiots in charge , we can have no compromise only eye for an eye nonsense that destroys lives. this is the problem with hardcore no compromise beliefs. One MUST find that compromise. This is where these muslims and Jews religious could heed the words of jesus in finally finding some peaceful way forward. Instead of the petty land grabs, assassinations, endless acts of revenge. BOTH sides need to recognise the 2 state solution. Palestine should be recognised as a nation by the UN and everyone else. The Israeli land grabs should be treated as abhorrent and illegal by the UN and all nations. Only then really can we even hope to see a way forward.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:27 PM #25
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Livia, thanks for taking the time to explain your reasons for not wanting to converse with me, I meant to say Israelis but maybe used the word Jews in error and for that I am truly sorry.

I am upset that you cannot even bring yourself to debate topics with me on this forum , I never set out to try and insult you or deliver personal attacks.

I like to think of myself as a well educated person with a good set of morals ready to speak up for injustice wherever I see it.

I have no specific loyalties to any particular group or class or religion. In fact as I have said on this forum on many occasions I consider religion as a deeply personal thing and am suspicious of organised religion as I feel it is used to control people and can be manipulated to set people against one another.

I hope in time we may exchange the odd post or two and that some of my misguided earlier posts may be forgiven.

Nedusa.....
This kind of sums up the whole thing for me, in every religion you have your fundamentalists that manipulate scripture to use as subjugation.
I don't think any of the warmongers involved at the heart of these conflicts have their respective religions in mind, and it is easy to come across as not being that compassionate about the truly religious caught in the crossfire as it were, the rest of the world looks on dumbfounded.

Last edited by Kizzy; 10-07-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
distances, hamas, longer, m302, rocket