Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother Designs (fan made) For all fan-made BB banners, adverts, logos etc.

Old 21-07-2014, 12:06 AM #1
Sam:)

Favourites (more):
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB16: Marc

Favourites (more):
Default Big Brother 16 house project - CELEBRITY HOUSE- FINISHED

So basically I've been working on this for a while. Im not going to bother uploading the eye, Its not really for the project its just to demonstrate the screens and lighting for the exterior.

It's kind of like a BB3 meets BB5/6. Its very modern and clean. The main living area is two stories and can be stripped of the table and chairs giving a lot of room for tasks.

EXTERIOR and STAGE
I've stuck to elstree. Basically I decided to redo the exterior completely. The Door has a feature containing lights and a small screen. This means the countdown will still be as effective without the house being too. There is also a presenting area with a large screen and lighting behind the podium. This would be used for family and friends interviews. The large screen would be the one that is used by Emma to speak to the main house. I've re-done the interview set completely and its posted below.

STAIRS and VESTIBULE
The stairs are very basic, nothing amazing. Just a plain blue stairs. They are basically seperated, although a part of the banisters shows and uncovered view of the vestibule. The vestibule is connected to the main living room. It houses a few seats and the light boxes.

KITCHEN + DINING ROOM.

The kitchen and dining room is very spacious, It has a double height ceiling like the rest of the rooms with one wall being completely glass looking out on to the Garden. The enterance to the diary room is beside the Kitchen. The Diary Room Door Walls and the section beside the kitchen are the only place in the whole house with mood lighting. They will just indicate the status of the diary room. The kitchen is large and roomy. It is seperated from the main room with a mood lit section and a lowered aqua ceiling.

Last edited by Sam:); 08-08-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Sam:) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 12:22 AM #2
folklore

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

folklore

Favourites (more):

It's very very unique. I only have one problem, if you're sticking to Elstree they wouldn't be able to have a ceiling that high due to the roof of the House. Apart from that, love it! Will you be uploading a floorplan? It would help to understand where everything is.
Old 21-07-2014, 12:58 AM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod View Post
It's very very unique. I only have one problem, if you're sticking to Elstree they wouldn't be able to have a ceiling that high due to the roof of the House. Apart from that, love it! Will you be uploading a floorplan? It would help to understand where everything is.
Thanks Jarrod! Well BB3 had a very high ceiling IIRC. Heres the houseplan anyway, I forgot to upload it.

Last edited by Sam:); 21-07-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 21-07-2014, 01:14 AM #4
folklore

Favourites (more):

folklore

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam:) View Post
Thanks Jarrod! Well BB3 had a very high ceiling IIRC. Heres the houseplan anyway, I forgot to upload it.
Thank you! And BB3's ceiling wasn't as high as that. If was quite regular, it was only the stairs that had a high ceiling, and possibly the patio doors.
Old 21-07-2014, 06:09 AM #5
-

-

I like it!
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 09:48 PM #6

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Favourites (more):

Absolutely love the front of the house - it's quite simple but really really effective and makes it look like a completely different space. Love the eye as well.

Not so impressed with the eviction set - if you're moving it back to the George Lucas stage you might as well do something more interesting. Personally unless you move the crowd from the house I'd actually keep the eye stage, but ditch the eye and redesigin it - a simple (sound proof) glass fronted studio lined up with that screen would work fine, and of course Emma would do all her announcements from there as well as the interviews.

Inside and really like the idea of having some height to the place - makes it feel much more like a place viewers would want to be and as you're not using upstairs rooms you can go as high as the roof allows.

Although Jarrod is right that the roof means you can't have a full second floor I think they'd be enough room to have some of the smaller rooms on a balcony on the entrance side if you wanted too - and these early pics show there is still a bit of room to play with. Worth remembering that back in BB5 when they made everything smaller as well as lowering the ceiling they raised the floor - so that could probably be lowered too.

Not so sure on the layout - main kitchen/diningroom is fine but both the lounge and sofa area doesn't look sufficient for the job and there also looks like they'd be quite a bit of wasted space. I'd move the diary room so it's on the other side of the stairs to the lounge, with the task room then off that.

Last edited by Brekkie; 31-07-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Brekkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 11:38 PM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brekkie View Post
Absolutely love the front of the house - it's quite simple but really really effective and makes it look like a completely different space. Love the eye as well.

Not so impressed with the eviction set - if you're moving it back to the George Lucas stage you might as well do something more interesting. Personally unless you move the crowd from the house I'd actually keep the eye stage, but ditch the eye and redesigin it - a simple (sound proof) glass fronted studio lined up with that screen would work fine, and of course Emma would do all her announcements from there as well as the interviews.
Thanks, I was aiming to change it completely without covering it with lights. One thing I miss is seeing the house itself. Not going to lie the eviction stage was rushed completely, i'm going to re-attempt it later and start fresh. I would rather keep it indoors, with a small crowd. I think the big crowd influences the evictees answers at times which means we dont get actual answers in fear of being boo-ed.

[QUOTE=Brekkie;7114676]Inside and really like the idea of having some height to the place - makes it feel much more like a place viewers would want to be and as you're not using upstairs rooms you can go as high as the roof allows.

Although Jarrod is right that the roof means you can't have a full second floor I think they'd be enough room to have some of the smaller rooms on a balcony on the entrance side if you wanted too - and these early pics show there is still a bit of room to play with. Worth remembering that back in BB5 when they made everything smaller as well as lowering the ceiling they raised the floor - so that could probably be lowered too. [QUOTE]
I havent done a full second floor, when you look at the height of it properly its actually about equal to BB3's Height. Theres only about an extra half wall.

[QUOTE=Brekkie;7114676] Not so sure on the layout - main kitchen/diningroom is fine but both the lounge and sofa area doesn't look sufficient for the job and there also looks like they'd be quite a bit of wasted space. I'd move the diary room so it's on the other side of the stairs to the lounge, with the task room then off that. [QUOTE]
I dont think it wastes space, but I get what your saying. The Vestibule (labeled lounge on the plan) is not really intended to be a full room. It would basically substitute having a pod/treehouse. Basically like the lips in BB8. I think putting the diary room where that is would be like taking a step backwards as it was located there from BB9-BB13. I also think with the sofas being outdoors and the patio being in line with both it almost provides a walkway like the one from BB5 that went from the bedroom to the entrance.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:24 AM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

REVISED INDOOR SET
I wasn't happy with the set I built before so I've re-done it completely. The main stage moves back in the GLS. The backdrop would be the Gallery and glass walls containing the rules along with two large screens and several small ones. I've mocked up some on screen graphics just to make it slightly more realistic. The interview would take place at a desk, giving a more formal and serious look to the interview. There is alot of space so in the event of special live shows there is still a lot of presenting space.

SOFAS
The sofas are located separately to the rest of the main rooms, basically like BB6. The room is very basic and bright with the huge glass wall carrying through.

BATHROOM
The bathroom is basically located outdoors. There really isn't much to it. Its quite large and open.

GARDEN
The garden isn't overly big. You can see basically every room in the house from there. The smoking area is the space between the window of the sofas and the pool. It is sheltered. The pool is large and narrow, meaning the housemates can actually make full use of it like they have this year. Theres quite a contrast between both sides with one side having a very plain beige and blue palette while the other side is very vibrant with a wine and blue pattern on the walls.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:02 PM #9
folklore

Favourites (more):

folklore

Favourites (more):

I don't like the eviction studio. It's too crowded, and looks like it would be more suited to Little Brother.

House is good though!
Old 08-08-2014, 03:26 PM #10
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F

Quote:
I don't like the eviction studio. It's too crowded, and looks like it would be more suited to Little Brother.

House is good though!
Have to agree on the eviction studio thing. The interior looks very cosy though!
JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 11:09 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

BEDROOM
The bedroom is very small and awkward. All the beds are in the centre of the room meaning they'll wake eachother up trying to get out of bed. Their is a walk in wardrobe and storage boxes on the wall. Big Brother would lock the bedroom when its not in use, to stop them from lounging around in bed all day.

DIARY ROOM
Probably the most important room of the house. I tried to return it to the C4 way of having one huge chair being the only focus of the room.

Old 14-08-2014, 11:29 PM #12
folklore

Favourites (more):

folklore

Favourites (more):

Like the bedroom, don't like the Diary Room
Old 14-08-2014, 11:42 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Like the bedroom, don't like the Diary Room
Thanks, Im guessing its a bit too dark?
Old 21-08-2014, 11:58 PM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

CELEBRITY HOUSE

The house has been given a complete renovation for the celebrity season. Picked the lazy theme of having a luxury celebrity house. The shape of the house basically remains the same with the exception of the bathroom and second bedroom being added.

DINING ROOM
The dining room is where the vestibule was for the normal house.

SOFAS
The sofas have moved into the main house.

KITCHEN
The kitchen is in the same place, its probably where the least amount of change has happened. The majority of it has just changed colour and material. It now has black glossy doors and green wallpaper. There is also an island in the centre of the kitchen and the breakfast bar is gone.

GARDEN
The pools gone and been replaced by a large heated hot tub where the bathroom was. The smoking area is now where the pool was. The garden has probably changed the most of the house.

THE BAR
The bar is a completely new room. Its a cabin in the corner of the garden. It houses a fridge that would be stocked with alcohol regularly. They give them drink every night in CBB anyway so at least theres some form of explanation.

BEDROOM
The bedroom has been given a royal blue and gold theme. All double beds being in the centre of the bedroom is gone and there is now 10 single beds.

BATHROOM
The bathroom is now off the bedroom. Its very clean and modern. One of the toilets and the wet room are accessible through here.

SECOND BEDROOM

The housemates would decide who gets to sleep here. There is two large beds and a large wardrobe.

Old 23-08-2014, 11:59 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Bump, Im not overly proud of this one. It started off good but I just ended up putting a half assed attempt into the rest just because it would blend. I have another house in the pipe line and I Think its my best yet.
Old 24-08-2014, 12:01 AM #16
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

Still, great stuff

Spoiler:

Last edited by MB.; 24-08-2014 at 12:01 AM.
MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:14 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Just catching up here. Like that you tried something different for the revised eviction studio. I do agree it's a bit BBLB and I would probably ditch the desk, but I could see it working. A few of the European versions have done the interviews either standing at a table or on high stools around a table.

Like the celebrity update, especially the garden and bar. The main house itself is a bit too dark but the rooms seem to be a nice update of what came before.
Brekkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:46 PM #18
Adios

Adios

I like it. Prefer the CBB house to the Civilian house. Great stuff

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother 16, exterior, house, living, project, room